10. Withdrawing

Pebble Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at school Myungsoo almost destroyed the Infinite room when he heard what had happened the afternoon before. Sunggyu continuously reassured Myungsoo that Sungyeol was okay but the other did not listen.

 

“How dare they! Just because I’m not around they think they can hurt Sungyeol? I’m going to go teach them a lesson!” Myungsoo was fuming and tried to stride out of the Infinite room but was stopped by Sunggyu.

 

“Myungsoo stop it. It’s already in the past and I warned them too. So just let it go.” Sunggyu tried to placate Myungsoo while the latter glared at nothing in particular.

 

“I can’t just let it go! They–“

 

Myungsoo was cut off by Sungjong who had a mysterious smile on his face. “Myungsoo. Why are you so worked up anyway? I have never heard you speak so loud before, you’re basically yelling right now.”

 

That shut Myungsoo up as he blinked at his friends who all stared at him with smirks and knowing smiles.

 

“…”

 

“Well?” Sungjong prompted. But when Myungsoo didn’t seem like he was going to answer, Sungjong continued. “You like Sungyeol don’t you?”

 

“What?! No! I don’t– why would– there is no way, I…” Myungsoo’s words tripped over themselves as he tried to deny Sungjong’s question.

 

The others burst out laughing at Myungsoo’s flustered self, amused and surprised at the same time because Kim Myungsoo is never flustered. Even Woohyun, who should have been feeling a little jealous, was laughing at his friend.

 

“I can’t believe this! Myungsoo has actually fallen for someone.” Hoya managed to get out through his laughing.

 

Myungsoo could only bury his face into his arms and attempt to ignore his friends. While he was trying to make himself disappear into thin air, Myungsoo suddenly remembered Woohyun was there. As much as it hurt to think about, Myungsoo knew that Sungyeol and Woohyun still had feelings for each other. So feeling a bit worried, Myungsoo slowly looked up and met Woohyun’s eyes. The two of them exchanged a glance with Myungsoo looking sorry and Woohyun shaking his head a little to signify that he was fine.

 

~

 

Sungyeol winced as he shuffled through the school hallways. With every step he took, the bruises on his stomach made themselves known and even if the pain wasn’t that bad to begin with, after half a day it was taking its toll on Sungyeol. He dropped his books in his locker before slamming the door shut and turning to walk slowly to the cafeteria.

 

Nearly there, Sungyeol was knocked off balance as a group of rowdy juniors ran past him. Sungyeol gasped as he failed to regain his balance and fell. However instead of meeting the hard and unforgiving ground, Sungyeol was greeted with a firm but soft chest. A few seconds passed as Sungyeol recollected his bearings and when he opened his eyes, which had closed on reflex, a pair of dark smouldering eyes was staring into his. Sungyeol’s heart missed a beat and in the next moment he was upright once more and an appropriate distance away from his saviour.

 

Myungsoo had caught sight of Sungyeol trudging in front of him and was trying to catch up. When he was just a few steps away, Sungyeol had been knocked over and Myungsoo had thrown his arms out to catch the other. And then Sungyeol had opened his eyes and Myungsoo’s heart had beat so hard he thought he was going to die. With a quick movement of his arms, Myungsoo had swung Sungyeol back on his feet and stepped back hurriedly.

 

Sungjong popped out of nowhere before either Myungsoo or Sungyeol could say anything and a highly excited expression c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter