03. Knowing You Better

From Lust to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Meeting again on Friday you say?” Woohyun confirmed with amusement clear in his voice.

 

“You really are acting like you’re in love.” Hoya said with a chuckle.

 

“What?! I am not!” Myungsoo argued, a blush rising on his cheeks.

 

“Then what is this blushing I see?” Woohyun called with a laugh.

 

“Stop it guys. It’s just to get to know each other better. We want to be friends.” Myungsoo mumbled, showing a rare display of shyness.

 

“Sure, sure. I think you got the order wrong though. Normal people become friends first and get to know each other before they have .” Woohyun said with a wink.

 

Myungsoo huffed. “Stop reminding me.”

 

 

“So your date is this Friday, straight after work?” Dongwoo asked with a stupid grin on his face.

 

Sungyeol’s cheeks reddened slightly as he hit Dongwoo on the arm. “Why do you keep calling it a date? It isn’t anything like that!”

 

“You’re telling me you have absolutely no feelings for that Myungsoo guy?” Dongwoo questioned.

 

“About that… I didn’t really think about it.” Sungyeol muttered, moving to busy himself and avoiding Dongwoo’s probing.

 

Dongwoo just laughed at Sungyeol as Dongwoo went back to his own work.

 

 

The now familiar ring of the bell sounded through Hysterie Café as Myungsoo stepped through the door. He happily entered, escaping the slightly chilly air outside. Winter was coming fast, shown by all the bare trees outside and cold winds.

 

Looking around, a beautiful smile appeared on Myungsoo’s face as he spotted Sungyeol already seated at the table they sat at last time. The other was facing the door and stood up to greet Myungsoo. Myungsoo walked briskly towards Sungyeol, using those seconds to take in the latter’s appearance.

 

Sungyeol was dressed warmly in a black turtleneck long sleeve with black dress pants. A long black and white gridded coat hung off Sungyeol’s broad shoulders, as if he couldn’t decide whether it was cold enough to wear it fully. Myungsoo nodded approvingly in his head as all that black looked amazing on Sungyeol, hugging his figure in all the right places.

 

Myungsoo himself was dressed in a black trench coat with a white shirt inside and black pants. Sungyeol couldn’t help but marvel at the way Myungsoo pulled off the simple outfit with such ease, his ability to make anything look worthy of a runway.

 

“Hi.” Sungyeol said as Myungsoo stopped in front of the table.

 

“Hey.” Myungsoo replied with a smile.

 

The two then smiled at each other a bit before sitting down. Myungsoo took his black coat off and draped it across his chair before leaning back comfortably. Sungyeol, suddenly feeling warm, shrugged his coat off as well.

 

“I took the liberty to order for you. I hope you don’t mind.” Sungyeol informed Myungsoo, a tad bit shyly.

 

Myungsoo shook his head. “That’s fine.”

 

“So, how old are you?” Sungyeol asked, not wanting an awkward silence but not really knowing how to start a conversation either.

 

“I’m 23.” Myungsoo replied.

 

“Oh then I’m older than you by one year. I’m 24. You should call me hyung. I’ve never had anyone call me hyung.” Sungyeol said excitedly, clapping his hands and looking at Myungsoo expectantly.

 

Myungsoo chuckled at Sungyeol’s reaction. “Wait, when is your birthday?”

 

“August 27th 1991.”

 

“Well obviously 1991 because I’m 1992. Anyways my birthday is March 13th, which means you’re only like seven months older than me. So no, I’m not going to call you hyung.” Myungsoo said with a smirk.

 

Sungyeol pouted. “Fine, be like that.”

 

“Plus, do we still need the formalities after what we’ve done?” Myungsoo asked mischievously, although on the inside his heart was racing at the mention of their first meeting.

 

Sungyeol’s face reddened and his heart started thumping. He stayed silent because really, what could you say to that?

 

Finally Myungsoo cleared his throat and spoke again to change the topic.

 

“Don’t you have any siblings? How come you’ve never heard anyone call you hyung?”

 

“Well I do have a younger brother. Step brother.” Sungyeol replied, mood suddenly dropping.

 

“But he never called me, and probably never will, hyung.” Sungyeol continued bitterly.

 

“Oh. So are your parents divorced?” Myungsoo inquired softly, he didn’t want to come off as nosy but he was curious about why Sungyeol looked upset at the mention of his step brother.

 

“Yeah. I stayed with my mother and she remarried.” Sungyeol explained vaguely before putting on a small smile and diverting the attention away from his family matters. “Do you have siblings?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter