14.5 Interview with Park Chanyeol

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Interviewer: Good afternoon, Chanyeol-ssi! Please tell us something about yourself.

Chanyeol: Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Park Chanyeol. I'm from Sekang High, year 2 class 2. I'm 17 years old. I am only child but Suho is like a hyung to me. My Mom works in an architecture firm. My hobbies include playing video games and practicing songs on the piano. 

I: What about your father?

C: He passed away when I was twelve. 

I: I'm sorry to hear about that.

C: It's okay.

I: Okay- moving on! You said that Suho-ssi is like your hyung. Is he your closest friend?

C: Yeah, I guess. We've known each other for a long time and his family is loaded so he pays for a lot of our meals.

I: Haha. Is that why you like him?

C: Partly. He's always making Dad jokes and a few of them are funny. So I keep him around.

I: Would you mind telling the readers one of those jokes?

C: Yes, I do mind. They'll stop reading this interview if I tell them one of Suho's jokes.

I: Omo! Then let's move on to the next question. I'm sure you know that you have quite a reputation. People call you Sekang's jjang. How true is it?

C: I don't think I deserve that title because you need to fight the previous jjang and take the position from him. I didn't fight the actual jjang. Just someone who was pretending to be one. Last year, our school's jjang graduated without anyone challenging him, so after he left, this senior- people called him G.D, I'm not sure what his actual name is- anyway, he assumed the position of jjang. No one respected him though because he hadn't actually earned it, right? Now one day I was going home from school. Back then I lived in a different neighbourhood. So I was with a friend, Kasper and we went to get some bubble tea. Chocolate is my favourite and they only had one left. This G.D guy comes up behind me and tells me to get another flavour because he wanted chocolate. Now I'm very picky when it comes to this stuff and I didn't know much about GD anyway so I ignored him and bought it. The next day a few seniors drag me to the terrace and somehow people interpreted the bubble tea incident as a challenge. So we fought. I was taller than him so that was my main advantage. Anyway, I won and then people started treating me as the jjang. I've never done any of the jjang duties properly though.

I: But you still have some influence? Have you ever abused those powers?

C: Um, not exactly. It's not like I threatened people to do things for me. They were scared of me anyway. So I just had to ask people to do stuff. Most of them did it at once. Except Baekhyun. He's very stubborn. 

I: That brings us to our next question. A lot of people think it's weird that the school's most intelligent kid is such good friends with the jjang.

C: Oh, Baek is very open minded. He doesn't care for such labels.

I: And have you ever thought of him as some sort of a nerd?

C: No, no. He's not a nerd. I mean he is very clever and spends a lot of time studying but he's not your typical nerd at all. He's very funny and sarcastic and also good at video games. He is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter