A Flower Left Behind (Part 2)

Hanhi Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A Flower Left Behind - Part 2

 

 

“Ugh.” I sigh leaning on the fingerboard. It’s been two weeks I already struggled with the keys on my team’s song project but it didn’t seem like I have any progress at all. No matter how much time I have spent in this studio to learn the keys, I couldn’t stop making mistake every time I reach half of the song. I don’t know what is actually wrong with me these days, because I definitely know that I’m able to learn other songs in just two days and I can even mastered it after three days. Maybe it’s because it’s a song that we made ourselves? Or is it because I’ve been in too much stress?

The studio sounded quiet as always whenever the sun has setted down. There are not many students who would spend their time in this almost-never-used studio, they preferred the huge studio on the first floor which has more brand new instruments.

However, the silent is broken when someone breaks into the room in such a hurry.

“Lee Hayi!” Hanbin calls out running from the door toward me who’s still leaning my head on the piano’s fingerboard, completely don’t have any intention to lift my head up.

“Hm?” I mumble as he suddenly kneeling down next to me only to facing with my already worn out face.

“Bobby said that one of your friend was hit by a car near the gate. I haven’t checked on it yet, I just came just in case you haven’t heard yet.”

I really try to recooperate with my brain after hearing such thing from his lips but it seems like my brain isn’t working properly at the time. Even though I can feel that I was about to passed out a couple minutes ago, but when Hanbin convinced me with the look on his eyes, I stand up and run right away. The thoughts of Jennie or Jisoo lying on the road unconsciously makes me want to hit myself on the wall to wake up from this nightmare. I know that I can’t bear it if anything bad really happened to them, but I just keep running until I reach the gate where so many students and lecturers are gathering already.

I ventured to slide between the crowds only to see that Jennie was lying there with a tube of oxygen next to her. The ambulance hasn’t come yet so the lecturers don’t touch her much just in case she had an internal injuries because she’s covered with so much blood.

“Hayi-ah..” Jisoo calls quietly from behind and I can hear that she’s sobbing, “they said not to touch her because she’s badly injuried.”

Is this a dream?

I can’t stop looking at her lying like that with eyes closed and unconscious. It just seems like she just pulls a prank on us just like what we always played back then when we were still freshman. I don’t know if this is called shock or not but whatever Jisoo said to me never really can be heard. It just feels like the whole world seem to be very quiet at the moment and I can hear is all the sound of my heartbeat which become faster whenever I saw blood flowing down her pale skin.

The ambulance finally came after ten minutes. I see they slowly lift her up. After a second, I can’t hear anything at all. Or is it just because all I see is suddenly all white?

 

 

**

 

The room feels warm and quiet but other than that I can hear someone is breathing near my right hand.

I can’t open my eyes completely yet but the room already looks familiar even though I realize that it’s not my own room. Why would I end up sleeping in here and not remembering anything last time when I was awake? I thought to myself as I’m trying to scan the whole room.

The curtains are closed and I don’t know whether it’s night yet but the sound of rain pouring hard outside can be heard clearly. The bed sheet is light brown coloured with a fluffy and comfy blanket covers half of my body. There are also so many musicians’ poster on the right wall where the door is, I giggle when I see one of the poster isn’t a musician yet a pretty actress, Kim Jiwon. After all the room is very tidy.

Hanbin is lying his head on the bed while sitting on the chair. He sleeps soundly even after I make moves while trying to lift myself up, sitting on my own.

It seems like Hanbin’s parents weren’t home because I can hear nothing even when the door is wide opened.

When I close my eyes in peace with Hanbin’s sound of sleeping, suddenly Jennie’s body that is lying on the road comes through my mind which makes me surprised and opens my eyes in an instant. I hurriedly throw myself out of the bed, although I’m sure that I’m okay but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter