One Day Partner (Part 1)

Hanhi Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Part 1

 

5 a.m in the morning and Hanbin already woke up making his parents' mouth agape. His mother was preparing herself to make breakfast when Hanbin came out of his room, his father was reading a book in the living room. Both of them exchanged glances and staring at their son. Hanbin was intelligent at school but making music and writing lyrics until late at night couldn't stop him from waking up late. Yet he was here, his face was already washed.

"Is there something at school, honey?" Mrs. Kim asked with concern look in her eyes like never in life Hanbin would wake up this early.

Hanbin shook his head and took his glass of water. Again, his parents exchanged glances. It wasn't like a big deal though, they thought it was just strange.

The morning went well with his parents didn't ask more, they thought that maybe Hanbin finally could manage his time better than last time. They didn't even ask why Hanbin was extra quiet, but well, Hanbin was always like that if he's not in the mood for talking.


"Hey!" Hanbin turned his head just after he took some books from his locker. That was Bobby, his bestfriend. "Why come so soon?" His cheerful tone and bunny smile never failed to make Hanbin chuckles.

"I don't have anything to write and compose." He uttered but sounded almost broken. Somehow this cheerful Bobby and last night stress reminded him of someone.

Suddenly, screams covered half of the hallways when a girl walked through it with her two friends on both sides. Lee Hayi, was walking in between with her long wavy brown hair laid perfectly on her back, her gaze went nowhere but the screaming students. Lee Suhyun was in the left with short straight bright brown hair laid until her shoulders, her bangs didn't fail to make her looked younger than the last hair style she's got. Lee Hana was in the right with long curly black hair, even though half of the guys fell for Hayi because of her cheerful self and she was also a pianist and singer, but most of the guys fell for this Lee Hana because of her misterious beauty yet attractive charms. They are the most attractive ladies in the school, and no one could ever capture these girls' hearts, except-

"I was happy when I see you this morning, Hanbin-ah. But after seeing her, I remember how messy you got things between both of you." Bobby shook his head but still smiling. He was always like that -reminded Hanbin for what he had done a week ago.

Hanbin wasn't really listening to his bestfriend, but he admitted he messed up.

His eyes laid on the girl who stood in the middle, her smile never failed to make him smile unconciously. He never had a chance like this since a week ago, so he stared at her carefully from head to toe, admiring her still cheerful and adorable personality. She was giving her attention to the students who wanted her autograph, well she became famous after winning the world's pianists competition in Britain. All of him was happy seeing her like this, unlike a week ago when he messed all the things up. However, soon as their stares met, Hanbin was frozen in his spot, his eyes never wanted to leave her gaze. Yet Hayi was different, she looked away and smiled to the other students before went in the classroom hurriedly. Just like the other day. Her friends seemed notice and looked around, the only reason Hayi acted this way was when she and Hanbin met unconditionally, and they were right. Their face soon turned expressionless, somehow feeling angry, but sad and sorry for him.

"Come on," Bobby, who was done taking a few stuff from his locker, and also watched what happened, pulled Hanbin's arm to go to their classroom.

"I'm really the one who make her like that, aren't I?" Hanbin looked to the ground as soon as they reached their chairs, "I'm ed up."

"As a friend, I should cheer you up instead of scolding you. But this time I have to agree that you messed up and what you did a week ago was all your fault, not hers." Bobby replied with a serious tone, his bunny smile dissapeared long time ago, "if you think that she made a wrong decision by breaking up with you when she still loves you, you wrong, Hanbin-ah. I think she has the right because if I were Hayi, I would do the same."

Good thing the teacher came in when Hanbin was about to reply, defending himself a bit, which sometimes pissed Bobby off. Hanbin was always like that, even though he knew he was wrong, he didn't want to be the one in fault. But this time, when he didn't have a chance to defend himself, he thinks more. He really was the one in fault.

Hanbin couldn't hold his concentrate to the teacher. His mind was still messy since last night after watching Hayi's performance. Well, her performance was three days before but he thought if he sees Hayi again, he wouldn't be able to move on. So he delayed it until he couldn't hold it and watched it last night. The performance was amazing, but what made Hanbin couldn't hold his tears was when he realized that Hayi played his favorite songs, she composed them until it became one song which was so beautiful in anyone's ears. He didn't care about how the judges seemed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter