three; living souls, lasting memories

Stigma

Line-Border-1.png

"J-Jimin-?" Taehyung whispered, his words catching in his throat as he struggled to speak. Here he was. Here he was. Stood right in front of Taehyung. No doubt it was Jimin.

But how? Why? How was he still alive?

"Jimin, is that really you...?" Taehyung came closer, almost doubting himself and what he was seeing. But, Jimin seemed to only come closer, and there was no way this could be a dream, or a hallucination. Jimin was actually there.

The silver haired male tilted his head to the side; he seemed to be confused at first, and Taehyung could feel his heart thudding in his chest nervously, waiting for his friend to recognise him. Jimin gasped, his eyes lighting up in recognition as he said quietly, "Taehyung?"

Taehyung sank to the floor, his tear-filled eyes overflowing to a point of no return, as he gasped into his hands thankfully. Yes, this was Park Jimin, this was his Jimin... He crumbled into relieved tears, his sobs echoing through the small alley, he was so thankful that Jimin was still alive-

He wanted to question it, because there was no way that it was Jimin and yet here he was, now kneeling down in front of him with a small smile on his face. He still looked the same, if not more beautiful, somehow.

"Jimin- how-?" Taehyung spluttered, his mind gone blank all of a sudden, and all the questions he wanted to ask leaving him.

"Taehyung..." Jimin smiled, this time a little more. "I'm here now, I'm here..." Jimin had taken Taehyung's hand into his, and given it a tight, reassuring squeeze, and Taehyung couldn't handle his emotions after that.

"Idiot!" Taehyung threw himself onto Jimin, sobbing into his shoulder violently. "You , where were you all this time when I needed you..."
"I'm sorry, Taehyung..." Jimin mumbled apologetically, putting a comforting hand to Taehyung's head, patting gently. "I'm really sorry. I was up there for a bit, and I have to go back soon..."

Up there? Up where? Taehyung pulled away from Jimin, his eyes looking at his friend up and down. The more he looked at Jimin, the more he seemed to look as if he were somehow... inhuman.

There wasn't any other word Taehyung could use to describe Jimin. Because even though he was still the same person, still the same kind and caring boy that left him... something about him was different. Almost... inhuman.

"W-What do you mean, up there...?" Taehyung mumbled hesitantly, but he had a feeling he already knew the answer to that. Jimin sighed, before giving him a sad smile. "Well, up in heaven."

Taehyung closed his eyes, letting out a shaky breath. "I knew it, it was too good to be true..."
"I know I died." Jimin began. "The thing is... Taehyung. I need your help."

Taehyung nodded, knowing how he could never refuse Jimin, not especially when he was seeing him in a physical form again. But, what was Jimin? Because he was not human and definitely not alive.

"I need answers first, Jimin." Taehyung interrupted. "First... what exactly are you?"
"Oh... I'm an angel."

A what?

"An angel." Taehyung muttered disbelievingly. "Wait... how? I'm so confused, Jimin..."
"Well, I am an angel. I know that after I died, I was up in heaven, and I was told that I was now an angel." Taehyung frowned, still a bit taken aback by this sudden information, and he wasn't sure whether he should believe Jimin or not, until suddenly, he heard a voice.

"Believe in his words, gentle Taehyung. He doth speak the truth, and no other." Taehyung looked around for the owner of this voice and his peculiar way of conversing, but he saw no one. Until, and Taehyung thought he was dreaming for a second, a winged figured appeared behind Jimin, his body hovering a few feet above the ground.

The blond male warily looked around this figure for any sign of stunt wires, but there were none. Undoubtedly, this man was actually levitating a few feet above the ground. With pink hair and a pretty face, this heavenly figure made his way to Taehyung and Jimin, smiling kindly as he came down to the ground, looking at Taehyung.

"Young Jimin is not false, Taehyung. He is as he speaks." The angel whispered. "He too, is like me, and has come for thy help."

Taehyung slowly stood up, looking at the angel curiously. "Who are you..."
"I am called Kim Seokjin-"
"Just call him Jin hyung, he was some royal prince in the eighteen hundreds." Jimin interrupted, before looking at Taehyung depoloringly. "Taehyung, I am telling you the truth-"
"I believe you, Jimin." Taehyung nodded. "I do believe you. What do you need my help with?"

Jimin nodded at Jin, who cleared his throat. "My dear Taehyung, you must help Jimin, thou art the only person I can entrust this task to." Jin began. "Jimin hath incur'd a loss of memory, most sadly, and he doth remember only thy name and his."

Taehyung took a moment to register those words,, before looking at Jimin sadly. "You can only remember your own name and mine?"

Jimin nodded, his face turning pale when Taehyung frowned more.

"Taehyung," Jin interrupted the growing tension with his calm voice. "Without his past, Taehyung, Jimin will not be happy with us. You must help bring back his memory, or alas, the boy will fall."
"Fall?" Taehyung looked up at him. "Fall where?"
"Lucifer." Jimin spoke for Jin, looking at his friend gravely. The realisation hit Taehyung, as he gulped.

"As in, you'd become a fallen angel?"
"Yes, exactly. That's why I need your help." Jimin held Taehyung's hands in his. "I need you to help me remember."

Taehyung could only nod, for he was still too dumbstruck to even speak. First, Jimin was somehow in front of him. Two, Jimin was an angel and three, he couldn't remember who he was and needed Taehyung to help him. That alone was enough to overwhelm Taehyung, who looked at Jimin blankly.

"Oh, I'm sorry... Jin did say you have anxiety-" Jimin murmured in shock, letting go of Taehyung as he realised that Taehyung seemed to look uncomfortable with the overload of information and tasks. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to put more pressure on you just now, I-"

"Jimin."

Taehyung said firmly, holding onto Jimin's hands now. "Really, it's okay. I"m going to help you remember, alright?"

Jimin nodded gratefully, whispering a short "Thank you," as he looked at Jin with glee. "Jin, he said he'd help!"
"Of course, I knew I made the right decision when I chose you, Taehyung." Taehyung nodded firmly. "I won't let you down, Jimin, and Jin."

Jin nodded, and turned around, ready to depart from the two boys, when he suddenly glanced back, calling out Taehyung's name once more. "Be careful. Two fallen ones roam this area, trying to damn Jimin to hell." Jin mumbled, his eyes turning dark at his own words.

"Protect Jimin."

The words sent shivers down Taehyung's spine, but he nodded slowly, not allowing Jin's words to intimidate him but kept them in mind, for the future. He was sure he would see these fallen ones soon. And Taehyung sincerely hoped it was later rather than sooner.

With those chilling words, Jin bade them farewell, before he disappeared into the now growing fog. Jimin looked at Taehyung with another smile, one that somehow reassured Taehyung.

"I have an idea." Taehyung slowly mumbled, nodding at Jimin. "I... It might be a bit... triggering, I don't know."

Jimin nodded slowly, glancing at his best friend. "Look... I know some bad stuff might have happened to me, but I need to know everything you can help me remember."

Taehyung nodded, as they walked outside the alley, and turned back to head towards Taehyung's neighbourhood. He decided, to start off with where the two first met, at their old kindergarten. He did not know if going there would be a good idea, with what had happened, but, he could still try. It was, after all, a significant event in both their lives, and... it would help Jimin remember who he was.

The atmosphere was slightly awkward, mainly because Jimin did not remember much about Taehyung and himself other than their names. Taehyung was unsure about how to act, but decided that instead of being quiet all throughout, he would make some light conversation.

"So, Jimin, how have you been..."
"Um, dead...?" Jimin joked, but seeing Taehyung's expression change, he cursed a little, before apologising. "Sorry, Taehyung. That was a really bad joke. But... seeing that face you make, it makes me think that I must have died awfully."
"It was." Taehyung said shortly, making it very clear he didn't want to discuss his best friend's death with him. However, he relented; Jimin did have a right to know, especially when he didn't remember anything about himself.

"It was a bad accident, at that very same train station." Taehyung began. "We were going to go to Incheon, and well... Sorry, I don't think I can tell you just yet-"

Jimin nodded, being very understanding about the situation."Why don't you tell me the good stuff that happened that day?"

Taehyung chuckled sadly, looking up at the night sky as he remembered the day, as if it had happened yesterday. "Well, my favourite artist had complimented me online, and I was quite excited about it. We were going to Incheon, and well, I wouldn't stop talking about it. I was surprised you hadn't already asked me to shut up."

Jimin pursed his lips as he tried to picture the scene in his head, when he had a flash of a memory, brief, but certain.

"Well, Taehyung, this calls for a celebration. Come on, treat me, I want something."

"I just remembered a tiny bit of that conversation... I asked you to treat me?" Jimin muttered hesitantly, but Taehyung gasped, a wide grin on his face as he nodded vigorously.

"Yes! You did ask me to treat you, and I said I would."
"The food must have been delicious, huh?" Jimin laughed. "I wish I could actually eat, but I don't need too. Plus, I think it would with people if they saw chopsticks flying in the air and food disappearing."

Taehyung laughed, before gasping in feigned shock. "Angel Jimin, how dare you swear?"
"Oh, , um-" Jimin flustered, his cheeks turning pink as he rapidly fanned himself with his hands. Taehyung laughed, ruffling his friend's hair. "You always had a bit of a foul mouth. You're subconsciously remembering what you used to act and speak like, Jiminie."
"Jiminie..." Jimin whispered, chuckling to himself. "Why do I feel like I've heard that before?"
"I've called you Jiminie a lot." Taehyung grinned. "Since we were kids. And you'd always call me Tae, or TaeTae when you wanted to be cute."

Jimin giggled at the thought. "Sounds like I was one cute little kid."
"Don't get too cocky." Taehyung snorted. They were talking so much that they didn't realise they had reached their destination, until Taehyung stopped them in their tracks, his smile fading. "This is where we first met."

Jimin gasped, looking at the building before him. The broken down kindergarten, with the walls turned black and grey with soot and ash, and a lot of the building was missing, with ceilings caved in and chairs broken. Some of it was preserved though, such as posters on the wall, teacher's desk and the little chairs that were for the children. The walls were also preserved, to an extent, although some had holes from the fire and overall, the structure was black and sooty but... it still had the look of a kindergarten.

"What happened...?" Jimin asked quietly, his face turning pale at the sight of where him and Taehyung used to study, although he could not remember it just yet.

"There was a fire a few weeks ago." Taehyung sighed. "No one was hurt, thankfully. It was in the middle of the night, due to some failed wiring. It's never happened, given how long this school has run for..."

Jimin looked at the building with a feeling of growing sadness he couldn't place. Taehyung reached out, taking Jimin’s hand in his. Jimin looked at his friend with surprise, as Taehyung began to ‘narrate’ the story of how they met.

“Our teachers had put the students into pairs, to hold hands as we walked into the kindergarten for the first time.” He smiled. “We held hands, and immediately introduced ourselves.”

“‘I’m Park Jimin!’ You said to me, with the brightest smile I had ever seen,” Taehyung chuckled. “And I replied with my name and age. You were so excited to find out we were the same age.” Jimin smiled slowly, though he looked mostly lost about what was going on. “Come on. I’ll take you inside-”

Taehyung tugged on Jimin’s hand, but the latter couldn’t move, as he looked at Taehyung worriedly. “Is it okay to go inside?” Jimin questioned, and Taehyung shook his head.

“Not really. But… I need you to remember.”

Jimin gulped, nodding at Taehyung to lead the way. Taehyung gave Jimin’s hand a reassuring squeeze, before leading him to the building. He walked them through where the doors used to be, talking about how Jimin had managed to tell little Taehyung all about his family and his mother’s delicious kimbap. They walked the halls, to the end where their classroom was.

As they turned into the classroom, the memories flooded back and hit Jimin hard, as he stared around, letting go of Taehyung’s hand as he looked at the small tables, the chalkboard that was now half broken, and suddenly, Jimin remembered.

“Wow! Amazing!” Taehyung gasped as they walked into the classroom, with the bright green board and the colourful desks. Jimin grinned, also amazed at the sight in front of him.

“Taehyung! Let’s sit together!” Jimin pulled him over to one of the tables, a bright red colour with red chairs. Taehyung grinned excitedly, nodding as they both sat down at a table in front of the class.

“Taehyung! Let’s be best friends from now on, okay?” Jimin grinned widely, looking up from his notebook and pencil that was already on the desk in front of him. Taehyung laughed, nodding in agreement. “Let’s be best friends, Jimin!”
“Yay!” Jimin cheered. “I’m so glad I met you, Taehyung! Let’s do our best!”

Jimin turned back, looking at Taehyung with tears in his eyes as he whispered, “Taehyung…”

Taehyung walked closer, looking at Jimin curiously. Did he remember…?

“Let’s be best friends from now on…” Jimin laughed a little, looking up at Taehyung as he wiped his eyes. “Okay?”

Taehyung smiled, unable to hold back his own tears. He remembered him now. Jimin remembered Taehyung. “Let’s be best friends, Jimin.”
“Oh, Tae-” Jimin choked on his own words. “I remember meeting you here, and studying with you- oh gosh, how could I forget something so important-”
“Don’t.” Taehyung shook his head. “You remembered now. It’s okay… yeah?”

With that, the two boys embraced each other, crying together as they held each other for comfort, but also in the joy of Jimin remembering a memory, and the reunion of the two best friends once again.

Line-Border-1.png

29.01.2017; Sorry I'm late, I have been sleeping really bad lately so I didn't update last night ; A ;
my writing is going from bad to worse I swear, hopefully it gets better as we go along, I think the following chapter is when I started to get into the flow of it.
Hope you like it :D
also go give Kai's story a see, it's about pizza, love and delivery boy Hoseok; I've had a few tidbits to see and I have a feeling it's going to be quite... cheesy
because who doesn't love cheesy Hoseok just go and subscribe
She's getting the first topping chapter ready, so give her your love and support! I'm super excited for the story and if you do like light-hearted fluff and romance this is the one for you 

Delivery

thanks for reading <3

- Haru.