Choice

Choosing Happiness {A SHINee Writing Contest Entry}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Images of a guy in a black suit and a girl in a red silk gown spread all over the internet like wildfire. In just an hour, articles insinuating a romantic relationship between the rapper and the heiress became headlines of kpop entertainment sites. And from the angle one photo was taken, it would really look scandalous, even more with the captions. Netizens were having a party at Minho's expense as they flooded every post with comments. In such an infuriating circumstance, he became the hottest topic in every social networking site and forum.

 

The fandom was in chaos, hurt and anger skyrocketing to epic proportions. Phones in the building were in a riot; and his was no exception. No doubt the media would be waiting for him outside, along with his fans.

 

And all this madness sparked by just a misinterpreted image of him and Hyemi. What looked like a romantic scene from a movie was actually Minho preventing Hyemi’s advances.

 

He need not read the entire gossip column to know who was behind it. What Hyemi wants, Hyemi gets. He remembered that warning from one of his hyungs. And the photos could never be coincidence, it was planned.

 

Minho saw red.

 

The scowl on his handsome face was indescribable. His body was tense and rigid, fists white and clenched on his side. His eyes were burning and shooting fireballs on the screen.

 

But he was angrier with himself than with Hyemi. If only he didn’t keep his marriage a secret, it would have been easier to tell her off and such scandal wouldn’t have happened. Her father would definitely not allow his only daughter to get attached with a married man.

 

Then an image of his wife waving goodbye at him that morning flashed before his mind and instantly, the anger was quenched by something powerful.

 

His fear was so intense he didn’t hear s calling out his name as he dashed out of his manager’s office into the hallway. Taking out his phone with trembling hands, he pressed speed dial one, the endless ringing on the other line making his heart and mind race faster than his legs.

 

Just as his plans fall into place, something bad happens. The last thing he wanted was for his wife to get the wrong idea. He would never cheat on her. She has always been the only one. Just thinking about her crying because of him was putting a weight on his heart.

 

With every step, he prayed that she wouldn't leave him. His young wife was pretty good at it. She had proven it to him in the past. With this scandal, only God knows where in the world she would hide if he failed to reach her in time. Her brothers would definitely have his head.

 

But the moment his fears start to consume him, a soft and calming voice reached out to him and Minho found peace.

 

He knew exactly what to do.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Flashes of light blinded him as he made his way to the front of the conference hall. The shutter sound of cameras and voices were filling up the crowded space.

 

He walked behind his leader and Key and assumed his place in the center seat behind the narrow table. Onew and Jonghyun were flanking his sides, while Taemin and Key occupied both ends. Their manager and lawyers stood on the sides, prepared to take over once the situation got out of hand.

 

Simultaneously, each media personnel threw question after question. Behind them were SHAWOLs, obviously tense and alert but nonetheless, showed their support with their banners.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter