Resolve

Choosing Happiness {A SHINee Writing Contest Entry}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

But I need you.

 

His heart sank the moment she started uplifting his mood, promising him that it won’t be that long before they see each other again and that she would prepare something special for him when he comes home. Minho knew very well that she was just trying to make their impending separation a bit bearable for him. She had been doing it since they were married but he never got used to the feeling. He initially thought that he could live with their set-up, just like when they were just going out as boyfriend and girlfriend. Boy was he so wrong. The reality that they were husband and wife living under different roofs was pure torment during the first few months. And now, he is barely hanging on.

 

The feel of her soft lips against his cut him from his thoughts and he smiled. She was the only reason he kept himself grounded. His wife has always been very supportive ever since she made the decision to be with him. Minho asked her permission to go public about their marriage last night, although it was his decision to keep their relationship hidden in order to protect her and his group. She agreed, much to his relief, with an assurance that they could handle it together. He held on to that, strengthening his resolve so that they could finally be together, in every sense of the word. 

 

With one final tug, Minho lifted himself from the bed, took a shower and ate his breakfast heartily; taking every chance he got to cuddle with his wife. And before he knew it, he was standing at the door giving her one last kiss before getting himself to leave.

 

Thoughts of her filled his mind the entire journey back to SMEnt. He was determined to set his plan into action; by hook or by crook, he would tell the world of his love. People would just have to accept the two of them, whether they like or not, because he was no longer happy with the situation. 

 

Finally, he admitted it. He couldn't bring himself to be happy living like a bachelor in front of many when he is a married man. But he was going to change that.

 

Needless to say, he was late when he arrived at the recording room. Fortunately for him, no one said a word about it. He was certain that the others were covering up for him the entire time. He went over his parts smoothly, his determination fuelling him to do better. So after two hours of straight recording, he was given a break, although he felt that he didn’t deserve it.

 

The others were waiting for him and they decided to hang out in Taemin’s pad, since it was the closest to the building. He lives alone in his condominium; the interior looked classy and modern, straight from a magazine cover. After ordering take-out and once everyone has settled in the living room, Minho dropped the bomb, sweeping his gaze to see their reactions.

 

But he didn’t quite expect that he would be the one surprised.

 

“Finally,” Key sighed in relief, reclining on the sofa. “I have been waiting for you to say that.”

 

“We,” Jonghyun corrected, casting a glance at Key then at Minho, “Have been waiting.”

 

Minho could only gape and stare at them.

Please log in to read the full chapter