A Traitor

EXO: The Beginning: The Healer

Age: 10

 

“Xing Tuo!!!!”

Wind blew strands of soft hair back as the boy turned from his beautiful flower. “PanPan!” the boy smiled as he ran up to the said woman.

It’s been three years since he’s been held captive. He’s learned it was easy to smile and pretend everything was just another day closer to going home. It was hard though to be patient. He still hasn’t heard the bell of freedom.

 

The woman grinned as she watched him. “It’s been awhile since I last saw you. Six months I think.” She started up. Panchita had left to go to Napaj six months back to receive some information or research about Yixing’s power. Yixing nodded, smiling. “Yeah, but I understand if it’s for which test are good for me.”

Panchita cringed as he said that. “Xing, you know I don’t want-““No, it’s okay. I understand.” The boy smiled sadly. Silence filled up the empty space between the two. So quiet, you could hear the wind’s soft breath. The scent of the grass could be smelled by the small pink nose Yixing had. It was like the first day he was finally let outside. False hope.

“I brought you something while I was at Napaj.” Panchita finally said, rummaging through her bag. Yixing gave in interest as he watched. He still had his soft smile which lied to everyone about himself. His dark eyes looked at the bag before looking at Panchita’s features. He took the time to study her.

It wasn’t long since he began to have feelings for the woman. He was 10 years old but he felt so attracted to her. He watched as the wind brushed her hair back with it’s warm touch. He watched as her warm chocolate eyes hastily search for what she was looking for. Every small thing she did, he noticed. He could feel his cheeks turn red as she unexpectedly made eye contact.

“Found it finally!” she announced proudly. “I want to see!” Yixing smiled wide as he tried to cover up his staring. He never felt so ashamed.

Panchita grinned as she handed him a small clock. Yixing stared at it unsure what to say. “Pan- “ “Wait for it.” She cut in as she adjusted it. The small boy watched for a while. The clock had moon phases all around as replacements for the numbers. He could see Panchita step back a bit, allowing the clock to tick. It didn’t do anything for a few seconds, besides tick it’s way to the Eclipse (12).

Just as he was about to say that he still loved the gift, the clock shifted. Dark brown eyes popped out of their socket as they watched the clock pop out a small ballerina who danced around the clock’s outer part.

‘My night is your day

Your Day is my Night

My Love is for all

But all do no love

All seek power

Of the heart.’

The ballerina sang as she danced around until she stopped at the 12. She spun around, going nowhere as the clock swallowed her up. “It’s a beautiful lullaby. We heard about it a lot but never understand what it meant.” Panchita said with a small sigh. She smiled at Yixing who was staring at the clock. “Do you like it?” She asked, looking for a response.

“I love it.”

Yixing looked up finally, with a smile. He never heard such a sweet sound besides his mother’s voice. At the thought his mother, his smile slowly fell apart. The scent of flowers and joy was long gone but he could remember the songs she sang for him.

“My sweet baby boy

How I wish I could hold you

Forver in my arms

How I wish you stay so small

So you may stay here with mother

Oh my sweet baby boy, I cry to the moon for you

I will miss you the day you leave your mother but I will smile

Knowing what a good deed I’ve done”

Wiping his eyes, Yixing sniffled as quietly as he could. “Thank you again PanPan. I love it.” He said, looking up at the woman. Panchita met his eyes with concern. “Yixing… Are you okay?” she asked softly. The small boy nodded. “Yeah… Just-“

“#5! It’s time to get going!”

A guard came over the two. The scientist scolded and was about to respond until Yixing shook his head. He stood by the guard, allowing him to lock Yixing up in his shackles. “Bye, PanPan.” He whispered, holding the clock. Panchita waved before the guard began to push the small boy away. “Let’s get going. Mister Ray would like to see you.” he could hear the guard say from behind. A small chill crept down his back… Even after all this time with the man, Mister Ray was the one thing Yixing just couldn’t speak properly for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“#5… You’ve been improving a lot. You’ve been healing up nicely, I see.”

 

Yixing bit his lip to keep from screaming. He dug his finger nails into his hands as he felt the thick whip slap his back. Sweat that had hid underneath his bangs slid down his face. Blood was dripping down his back as he tried to heal quicker. His arms felt like they were going to get ripped off as they were holding him up in the air. Trying to be strong, he screwed his eyes shut, trying to ignore it. But it was hard when your flesh was tearing apart.

 

“That’s enough for today.” Ray had said from behind, after ten more lashes were laid out on the small figure. Yixing panted heavily as he tried to breathe properly. He could feel the guard undo the ropes that held him up. Without second thought, he was on the floor, coughing. Like the gentleman he is, he covered his mouth out of courtesy.

Liquid spat on his hand as he coughed roughly. He pulled away to notice blood. Tiny splatter spots of blood decorated his hand. Without care, he wiped his hand on his shorts.

He was coughing up blood now and days. It was a side effect with the new tests he was given so he was told. It wasn’t that he had a limit but to give there must be something to take. That was his blood. When he healed himself, there was nothing to take. But when someone was injured it was different.

Healing worked in mysterious way. When you heal someone, you are giving them ‘remediation’. ‘Remediation’ was what the scientists call his healings to people he healed. While you may think it was nothing much it was a big deal for the healer. To heal someone or perform ‘remediation’, you must sacrifice three things: your energy, body and soul. Your energy so that they may move. Your body to replenish theirs. Your soul for a trade. Life for life.

Thing was that was all for people who tried to force the ability to heal (Witches, wizards, etc.) onto themselves. Yixing was born with it, meaning he was the only one in the world who had a natural born ability that was beyond imagination. They didn’t know if the components to heal excluded or included him so they tested him to see.

It was a complex, broad understanding. For example, the way you heal, you could not touch the person. If in skin to skin contact, it could cause in overdrive of energy to the person so you had to be just above the skin. As you heal, you have to be calm and focused. If out of focus or panicked, this could cause improper healing which would affect the healing person.

That what they told Yixing of course. Yixing didn’t want to risk hurting anybody so he followed directions.

 

Yixing didn’t know any of this before they explained to him. He wasn’t going to die just sickly. They had said he was going to cough more blood up as they tested more and more. There was a question that grew in his mind: How did they know anyone of this if he was the ‘only one’ in the world with that ability besides frauds?

 

The question didn’t remain for long because Ray’s voice broke his thoughts. “Take #5 to his room. We’ll end it today.” Yixing looked up to see a guard pulling him up, not bothering to see if he was eligible enough to stand. He didn’t mind the abuse. He didn’t mind anything anymore. Even if he did, what would he do? Talk to Ray into treating him better? Say he isn’t a toy? To them he was…

Yixing walked along the dark hallways with the guard when the guard’s walkie talkie bursted sound. “CODE RED! CODE RED! SOMEONE HAS BROKE INTO THE M DEPARTMENT!” it shouted. The guard fumbled it off him before responding. “Guard #3 asking permission to know identity of the person!” he shouted as he pulled on Yixing to his room.

Nothing came up as the guard pushed him into his room, quickly locking him up. The air was tense as Yixing was. Someone broke into the department. But who? All he knew was that they were far from civilization.

It was when the guard was shutting the door, that Yixing heard it.

“Traitors of the EXO Departments: Panchita Park and Kasi Mitsugaya.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone!! I appologize for the late update! I will inform that the story is now halfway finsihed!!! Yes there will only be 12 chapters for Yixing!