My First Christmas without you.

EXO: The Beginning: The Healer

“Why are you slowing? Keep running!”

 

Ray’s voice boomed as he made the eight year old run faster.

 

It’s already December and Yixing was still there. He shrieked a bit as he felt the familiar whip slap against his already marked calves. He ran faster along the treadmill, tears threatening to burst. He wiped his eyes, pushing through.

After the constant beating and the crying, he was weak. He grew skinner and skinner, losing his small tummy. Despite the food that PanPan kept giving him to feed, nothing helped. He just lost weight. He wasn’t bones yet, but borderline bones.

“Ray, take him off.”

Yixing didn’t bother to look up who it was. He kept running or tried to run. As he did that, he could hear the conversation going from behind him. “But, John. He doesn’t deserve a break. We need to pus-

“Oh shut the hell up, Ray. I’m not giving him a break! I’m telling you to take him off because I’m sending him to the water tank.” John’s voice snapped at Ray.

 

John was another scientist like Ray who tested Yixing. He was short, stubby, and had bright orange curly hair. To say he was better than Ray was a lie. He was the one who ordered Yixing to go without food for a week with only water and for him to have no sleep until he actually made a flower grow. Let’s just say… Yixing had to heal his entire back after John dealt with him.

 

“John, he needs-“

“My father is the head of this whole operation. Do you think it’s wise to tell me what he needs or doesn’t need?”

 

There was nothing more said to that. “Get off, #5.” Ray growled as he stopped the machine abruptly. Yixing staggered just a bit before stabling himself again. He slowly walked off, making his way to John, who was busy scribbling something on his clipboard.

 

“Hurry up.” Ray growled, whipping Yixing on the back. “AH!” Yixing cried, falling onto his knees. He grit his teeth as he trembled from the pain. He could feel a familiar feeling of cold dribbles of blood sliding down his back. He slowly made his way up before Ray whipped him again from the hind legs. “Hurry!” He heard the raged scientist yell. He fell back down, crying. He could hear Ray curse in anger as he began to whip him.

 

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” Yixing cried as he curled up into a ball, shielding most of his face from the whipping. He didn’t mean to make him upset. He didn’t mean to be so weak. He didn’t mean to be-

 

“What the heck are you doing?!”

 

 

A voice boomed as Yixing cried. He trembled, shutting his eyes tight, along with his lips. He didn’t want Ray to get into trouble. Why? Well, if Ray got into trouble, he would be in much worse trouble.
 

“I thought I spoke fluent Esenihc. I asked ‘What the heck are you doing’?!”

This voice sounded all too familiar. Slowly Yixing sniffled as he slowly looked to see PanPan scowling at Ray and John. “Why are you over here at M- building? Go back to-““I have orders from the KM building to have Yixing under me for a week.” PanPan said, holding up papers.

 

John snatched the paper, his mouth fumbled with words. “What?! Father didn-“

PanPan snatched the papers back. “Yixing is needed for some testing over there. We found more research that could have a connection to strengthening his powers.” She said in an authorities tone. She looked over at Yixing with eyes of concern. “Guard, carry him.” She yelled over her shoulder, her eyes not moving.

Yixing sniffled a bit as he heard the guard’s ‘Yes ma’am’ with his boots running to him following. He never felt so grateful for PanPan to have saved him. He gulped as he was picked up, avoiding the burning stares of Ray and John. PanPan smiled kindly at him before facing her direction at the two angry men.

He couldn’t hear what they were saying but all he did hear was Ray shouting and yelling. Only words that Ray would tell him made it to his ears. ‘It’, ‘that’, ‘thing’, even ‘#5’…

It stung in his heart. To be called a thing, it, or that was horrible. His mother always told him that calling someone a ‘thing’ or ‘it’ was bad. Very bad.

He sniffled a bit as he covered his ears weakly. Yelling, shouting and words of pain were blocked immediately. He breathed deeply as he closed his eyes. ‘No more… Please.’ He thought as he was settled gently inside a black car.

 

 

 

“Welcome to KM HQ!” PanPan smiled brightly at Yixing as she held his hand in front of the building. Yixing wobbled. He was still healing himself but slowly. “I-it’s so bi-big!” He stammered in fear. It was the middle building he had saw when he first came. If it looked massive in the car, then it was maybe taller than the giants PanPan told him about.

“A-Are there giant’s inside?” he whispered, trembling as he looked up at PanPan, who stared at him confused. He was about to ask if giant’s worked with her when PanPan laughed. “Oh don’t worry! There’s no giants! Just people like you and me!” she assured.

The boy still didn’t feel convinced as he squeezed his friend’s hand. He wasn’t scared! Honestly! He was just holding her hand to protect her! That way, PanPan wouldn’t be scared of the giants.

He could feel himself get tugged on by PanPan who lead him into the doors which automatically moved. “Woah!!” He awed at the doors. As he passed through, the air became cold. “I-it’s freezing in here, PanPan!” He whispered, tugging on her lab coat. He heard her sweet laughter, which made his heart race.

What was that feeling?

 

“Ah, that’s because this level is for someone else. We’re going to the 5th level.” She smiled. Yixing blinked as he allowed her to lead him to another pair of doors. He watched as she pushed a button and stood. “PanPan, I think that button is broken. The doors aren- Aiyoyoyoyoyo!!!” He shrieked, jumping at the time the doors made a beep sound before opening.

PanPan giggled as she ruffled his hair. “Ah, you’re so cute.” She walked in, with Yixing following behind, unsure. “PanPan, it’s like we’re in a box!” he claimed, looking around, seeing there was no way out except through the doors they just came in from. “Well, you’re right! This box will take us to our destination.” She grinned, pressing another button that had a huge 5 on it.

 

“IT’S MOVING! PANPAN!”

“Don’t worry, Yixing! It’s safe!”

“PanPan, I’m scared!”

 

Yixing clung onto PanPan, who laughed at him. He shut his eyes tightly, his shackles jingling as he moved. He clutched tightly onto her white lab coat, praying he and PanPan would live.

Then a cute ‘ding’ sound came to sound. Yixing blinked as he opened his eyes to see the doors opening wide. “See? Not bad, right?” PanPan asked, patting his head. He smiled widely before letting go of her. “PanPan, I told you it was safe! But that’s okay, I’m here to protect you!” He quickly said, holding her hand, leading her out. As he did so, PanPan only laughed, rolling her eyes at the boy’s quick change in personality.

The 5th level was a lot warmer and fresh. It had some sweet scents in the air that made Yixing feel a whole lot comfortable. It was also brighter and colorful. Everything was set in place neatly. People were working but not rushed. Everyone seemed… In zone.

“Yixing, I’ll show you my office.” He heard the other say, snapping him out of his observation. He smiled, nodding. “Alright!” he chirped, allowing the older woman to lead this time.

As he was lead to PanPan’s office, he looked around more. The scenery may have been different, but the people seemed just like Ray and John… Focused and Serious. Now he didn’t know if they acted like them but they’re expressions were the same.

“Xingie, what are you looking at?”

Once again, PanPan’s voice brought him out of thought. “Oh, I was just looking at the people!” Yixing answered truthfully. PanPan chuckled a bit before nodding at the door. “Well, while you did that, I found it.” She announced.

He looked at the bright white door. “Let’s go in!” he whisper shouted, hopping before his legs wobbled, due to the slowly healing wounds. PanPan cleared . “Zhang Yixing, I introduce you… My office! She announced as she opened the door.

“Hey, PanPan, we need to take some tests for #5.” A man said right when the door opened.

“Woah…” Yixing lowly let out as he saw the man. He was tall man. He had red eyes that seemed to have no other emotion but coldness. His hair was pure white like their coats!

PanPan glared at the man. “I told you. It’s Yixing! Plus, they already tested him over there. Give him some time off.” She snapped, stepping through the door.

Yixing looked up at PanPan before looking back at the man who bore his eyes into PanPan’s eyes. The man turned to Yixing with a raised eyebrow. “Ah so you brought him to the office instead of his cell?” He questioned.

“He’s not going to be in that stupid cell. He’ll be staying with me. Right, Xingie?”

“Right!”

The man rolled his eyes. “I told you. You can’t. You’ll-““Why are you so worried about me? You never cared before!” PanPan interjected before tugging Yixing inside to go to her side of the office. The man’s eyes never left her. “Listen, I’m just warning you. He’s-“

“Kasi!”

“I’m what?”

 

The two looked over at him, who now was sitting on the couch, peering at them innocently. “You’re an-“

“An amazing, beautiful, unique child who is my best friend!”

 

Kasi scowled at PanPan who smiled lovingly at Yixing. The small boy grinned wide. “You’re my only friend, PanPan! Oh so are you, Kahzhi!” PanPan’s cheeks filled with up her held back laughter as she turned to see Kasi twitching one of his white eyebrows.

“It’s KA. SI.”

“I said that… Kahzhi.”

“No, it’s Kasi.”

“Kahzhi.”

“KASI.”

“B-but I’m saying it right, Kahzhi!”

“Kahzhi, if he says it’s Kahzhi, its Kahzhi!”

“Not you too, PanPan!”

The white haired male groaned, his ears red with humiliation, as the other two had burst into fits of giggle. He then said something in a language that Yixing didn’t understand. Yixing stopped and looked at Kasi to see him glaring at PanPan.

PanPan stopped a bit when Kasi began talking. She turned to him to glare right back. Surprisingly she began talking in the same language, but her tone was ice cold. She was standing firm, her lips pursed together and her eyes showing no sign of friendliness.

It made her look brave and scary but something made Yixing realize… She was upset. Her hand shook by her sides as she held the fabric of her lab coat. He looked up worriedly to say something until he saw her crying. “P-Pan…Pan…” he whispered, touching her hand.

Just as he did that, her attention was on him, but in surprise. Her eyes were filled with tears. She broke out of the mood and gave a smile, ruffling his soft damp hair. “Hey, you want to go see our room?” she asked. Yixing looked at Kasi for a bit who now looked guilty. He looked back at PanPan, nodding.

She led him away, not sparing the other male a second glance. The sound to be heard was the shackles of Yixing.

 

“This is where we’ll be sleeping at!” PanPan smiled, opening her arms out to the large room. Yixing dropped his jaw in astonishment. “You mean, you live here?!” He shrieked, jumping on the bed. PanPan nodded, standing proud. “Yep! It came with the job, after all.” She grinned with a proud glint in her eyes.

“WOOOOWW!!! PANPAN YOU’RE SO COOL!!”

“AWWW SO ARE YOU XINGIE!!!”

“I AM?!”

“TOTALLY!!!”

The two giggled with each other, as they sat on the bed. “Say, Yixing… What do you want for Christmas?” PanPan asked out of the blue. Yixing blinked as he looked at her. “Oh... Is it already coming?” he asked.

She nodded in response. “Yeah. I’m guessing they never told you the date?” She asked softly. Yixing tensed a bit before nodding. They always were so busy with everything. The tank, the treadmill and everything else… Dates didn’t matter. Results did.

PanPan grinned as she sat up and tugged on Yixing. “I feel yucky… Say, let’s take a bath, alright?” she asked. Yixing nodded happily. He didn’t have a bath since 3 weeks. He scampered around, his head going every way it could. “Where is it?” he asked, still running in circles.

“It’s right here.” PanPan laughed, opening the door which revealed a bright white light. “Woah!!!” Yixing cried as he rushed inside. He smiled at PanPan who was smiling right back. “Let’s take a shower!” He cried as he began to undress himself. “Alright! Let’s take a shower!” Panchita cried as she also did the same.

Yixing grinned as he watched. “Aye, aye, aye! Yixing don’t stare!” “What? Why?” Yixing gasped, his eyes in shock.

“You’re still a child!”

“I’m a big boy!”

“Oh? Well I guess you have to take a shower by yourself then.”

“No, no!” The young boy quickly turned. He could hear the other laugh. He didn’t understand why he couldn’t watch. He always did with his mother. But that-

“Alright! Let’s bathe!” He heard PanPan squeal, with splashes of water following. “Yeah!!” Yixing cried out.

 

 

“Why does PanPan have balls on her chest?”

“A-Ah Yixing… I can’t explain that.” PanPan laughed nervously as she dried off his hair. Yixing frowned before asking another. “Why don’t I have some? Then I’d be like PanPan!” he smiled brightly, patting his small chest. He could hear her laugh, making him blush. He looked up to see her, smiling. She was very pretty in his opinion. Very pretty.

 

“Annand IIIIII aaaam done!” she exclaimed quickly, catching the boy off guard. “With what?!” He asked, looking at her with a questioning look. “Drying your hair! It’s a bit damp but still is dry!” she ruffled his hair before climbing onto the left side of the bed. “Woooooaaaah, it feels fluffy!” Yixing giggled.

As he did, the shackles slightly shook. PanPan looked at them for a bit before smiling. She walked over her drawer and pulled one drawer out. Yixing watched as she pulled out a key, closing the drawer. “Now we need to get these off. You won’t be needing them.” She smiled as she pushed the key inside the locks of the shackles. As she turned, the lock opened. Yixing gasped as he watched her doing the same with the rest. “I feel much lighter! Thank you PanPan!” He smiled widely, his dimple showing. PanPan grinned in returned before she walked over to the right side of the bed.

“Come on now! It’s a bit early for sleep but I know they’ll want you to be ready for testing very, very early in the morning.”

Yixing nodded, understanding. He was so young but he could understand like a big boy like PanPan. He must’ve been the smartest kid in the world! Well that’s what he thought.

He climbed on the bed, getting cozy under the covers. He looked up to see PanPan smiling gently at him. “Good Night, Xingie.” She whispered as she closed her eyes. He smiled, patting her head. “Good Night, PanPan.”

 

 

“He’s extraordinary! Why is he still in the M building?!” one of the scientists yelled at another. The other rubbed the nape of his neck. “Well Sir, they say they still haven’t found progress in how the powers function throughout his body or how much he can do with the powers.” He explained. “Well, once they have transport him over to the KM building. “ the first grumbled as he turned back to look at Yixing who was now sitting down, catching his breath after having to run 3 miles with no water or breaks.

“Yixing, have some water!” PanPan whispered as she came over to count his pulse. Yixing nodded as he drank some. “Thank you, PanPan!” he said quietly. He wasn’t supposed to have any water but of course PanPan wouldn’t be stopped because of it.

It was the 7th day since he was there. It was pretty fun and a lot better. He still got electrocuted, drowned, hurt and beat but it was a lot better than having Ray or John beat him out of nowhere. On the plus side, he got to bathe every day and was given brighter, whiter clothes! Also he got to hang out with PanPan when he was done! So that was fun for him!

 

He smiled at PanPan who checked out his bruise on his left eye. “Why haven’t that healed yet?” She asked, worriedly. Yixing tilted his head. “Well, it’s still healing the scars on my feet!” he said with a smile. He lifted his feet to show the many scars covering his feet and the healing process. “Ahhhh, it’s taking too long! I don’t want to see that bruise anymore!” She whined, looked at him, worried.

“PanPan. They said they’ll stop the testing for today since something came up that’s a bit more urgent.”

The two looked up to see Kasi. “Ah? What was it?” she asked, standing up with Yixing.

“They found a way to track the other ones. They said they needed to focus on that way for a while, so for now, Yixing is free to do what he likes until the time to transfer him back comes. “Kasi said, looking down at Yixing. Throughout these days, Kasi and Yixing seemed to have gotten closer because of PanPan.

It turned out, Kasi was a childhood friend of PanPan. Both were from the country Napaj, which explained why they sounded a bit funny. He was very distant with him but once he was caught by Yixing eating PanPan’s food. So in a negotiation between the two, Kasi agreed to be Yixing’s friend and to be nicer to PanPan.

 

“Yay! Free time!” Yixing jumped up and down before stopping due to the aching in his feet. “Ah, well… We have a surprise for you.” PanPan smiled, as she nudged Kasi by the rib. Kasi frowned at her, confused before his light bulb clicked on. “Oh yeah. “He murmured.
 

“What is it?” Yixing began to question.

“Oh you have to wait and see~”

“But I don’t want to wait!”

“It’s best to wait.” Kasi quickly said, patting Yixing’s fluff damp hair. Yixing was about to say something when PanPan took a hold of his hand. “Let’s go! I can’t wait for you to see!!”She burst out, her long brown hair bouncing with her. She looked at Kasi for a bit before nodding her head to the door, with a small pout. Kasi blinked before sighing. “Fine, fine. I guess…” he muttered as he walked away.

“Kasi where are you going?” Yixing cried out, tilting his head. PanPan tugged on him. “Ah, forget about him! Let’s go to the surprise~” She sang as she led him out of the testing area.

 

 

“Panpan. You’re acting very, VERY funny.” Yixing claimed as he watched the 26-year-old dance. PanPan looked at him. “What?! No I’m not! I’m just so exicted to show you!” She defended herself, pouting. He giggled as he watched her bounce on her feet. They were walking down the long hallways of Level 5 of the KM HQ.

So far, PanPan was bouncing everywhere. She would randomly giggle out of nowhere when the confused chap didn’t even say a word. Then she would do this bouncing like now. It began to make Yixing even more curious as to what was exactly this… ‘surprise’.

 

“AHHHH THERE’S THE OFFICE! LET’S GO, XINGIE!!!” PanPan quickly shrieked, running to the office, dragging the eight-year-old behind. “PanPan!! You’re going to fast!!” he cried, trying his best to keep up with her speed.

Lucky for him, the office was only about 10 feet away. So he managed to catch his breath as PanPan was looking for the keys in to the office. “Alright, alright! Xingie.” She quietly said, catching Yixing’s attention.

“Yes?”

“I know this may not be the best year for you… I know how much you might want to see your mother…” She began, “I know this year was a quick change of events but… Kasi and I wanted to give you the best of the best Christmas.” Yixing widen his eyes. ‘It’s Christmas?!’ his thoughts screamed.

 

“Merry Christmas, Xingie.” PanPan smiled, as she opened the door to reveal the office decorated with Christmas lights and decorations. “Woah!!! It’s so pretty!!” He awed as he walked in. He looked around until he noticed someone in the corner, trying to do something. “Who is,” Yixing was about to ask until he noticed the clues.

The red coat, the red hat, the white hair. It couldn’t be. Could it?! “Santa?!” Yixing gasped as his light bulb clicked on. The figure jumped and turned to lock eyes with Yixing. “U-Um… yes. Ho. Ho. Ho.” He said, trying his best to be jolly but it didn’t seem to change Yixing’s mind.

“PanPan! That’s Santa!” He whispered to PanPan. The girl only nodding, acting surprised as well. What Yixing didn’t see was the wink she sent to the Santa.

“It’s too bad Kasi isn’t here to see you, Santa! I’m sure he would be happy to have!” Yixing said as walked over to Santa, tugging on him to sit on the couch. “Oh no, I would- I mean, that’s a shame…” Santa muttered, his red eyes glancing at Yixing.

“Yeah… He’s been so nice too! You did get him presents right? Kasi could be a bit of a meanie but he’s really nice! Like REALLY nice!” Yixing claimed, smiling at the Santa. The Santa’s eyes softened a bit as he listened to the child ramble about how much he liked Kasi and how cool he was. “You’re so nice to your friend.” He muttered, a smile breaking out.

Out of the corner of Yixing’s eyes, PanPan looked surprised at the smile of the Santa. She rushed to her desk, pulling out a camera, snapping a picture. The click of the camera made the two turn to her. With all the focus on her too sudden, she turned red. “It’s for memories…” she excused herself.

The two boys looked at each other before laughing. PanPan blushed brighter, before rambling on how she was just trying to have memories. It was all so sweet and great… That was until it was time.

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing stood quietly in front of Ray and John. “What is this? You won’t be needing these.” John muttered as he took a hold of the stuffed sheep. “I-It was a present fro-“He started but was met with a cold hard slap. “Did we forget who the top was?” Ray growled, his eyes burning holes onto the young boy.

“N-No… I’m sorry..” Yixing whispered, bowing his head. His tears threatening to fall. “Put him on the treadmill. We already wasted a week with shxt not being done.” He heard John mutter to Ray.

Sounds of the snapping of fingers came in contact with his ears. “Welcome back… #5.” He heard John chuckle as he was taken away into the darkness of the M building…

 

 

 

 

‘I felt like it was a family… In hell...’

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry for not updating last month. I'm working hard to get the other's sotries up so you guys may read them in their view as well. Soon, when I finish everyone's story, I'll upload them onto just a huge one story. Then you'll be able to read them all and read the main story as well. Hope to see you in the next chapter!!