The Waves Crash my Heart and Crumble Down

EXO: The Beginning: The Healer

Wherever they were taking him… It was far away…

 

Yixing whimpered as he hugged his knees at the backseat of the car. It’s been four days since he was taken away from his mother. Four days… It felt like forever. He wasn’t use to not seeing her face every day. Just thinking about her made him cry. Who wouldn’t cry? It was his mother and because of that questions filled his thoughts. How long would he have to wait to see her? How long did he have to suffer?

“Hey, we’re here.”

Yixing poked his head out from his knees. He slowly got on them to look outside the car. From what he could see, there were buildings. Three large buildings at that. Each had different structures and colors.

The one on right was white. It wasn’t finished, judging by the bull dozers that swarmed around it. As the car passed by, he could see it was half way finished… He titled his head, wondering what it would look like when fully finished.The seven year old gasped, shaking that thought. ‘No… I wouldn’t be here. I’ll be with mommy by then!’ he chirped inside his mind. It was something to at least look forward to.

He finally took a look at the left on to see it was pure black. Nothing much but giant windows at the rooftop, making it look like a spiky roof. This one at least looked finished. No bulldozers swarmed around it much to his disappointment. He wanted to see the yellow vehicles again.

Yixing finally took a look at the middle one and let out a small gasp. He didn’t like looking at it. Yet there was nothing scary about it. It was the most massive and looked high tech. It had a white color that reflected the sun, with huge gray structures on the rooftop that he had no idea of, and a large glass window from the front. It looked fine, nothing wrong yet gave off an eerie feeling.

The seven year old gulped as he looked in the path the car was driving. Luckily he wasn’t going to the middle. Sadly, he was going to the left. The one that had spikes on it.

 

 

 

 

“C’mon, Yixing. We need to get you fixed up.”

The man in the black zhongsan said as he opened Yixing’s car door. Yixing looked at him, before slowly getting out. He watched as the man closed the door and began walking to a door which he presumed was the front entrance. He didn’t move because he didn’t want to get close. Just like the one in the middle, it gave him a bad feeling.

Yixing didn’t budge still as the man yelled at him to come over. He shook his head, slowly backing away. “Yixing, would you rather the animals get you?” he heard the man yell. Yixing nodded, stubbornly. The animals sounded much nicer than the building itself. He could hear the man sigh before walking over to the shaken seven year old. “Come on… We’re already late.” The man mumbled, grabbing Yixing’s wrist.

“N-No! L-Let me go!” Yixing screamed, pulling away. He clawed the man, struggling with all his might. He finally bit the man’s hand. The man let go, yelping. He looked at his hand, that printed out Yixing’s baby teeth. He glared at Yixing before back slapping the seven year old.

Yixing fell on the floor, with a soft thud. He held his cheek, tears threatening to burst. He was terrified now. He knew this wasn’t a good place but there was some hope lingering around. Now all left. He sniffled as his cheek began to throb, possibly red as a tomato.

“MAO!”

Yixing slowly peeked to see the man turn around to face another man who wore white coat. Just like the men who held back his mother. He trembled as he watched the men walk to him, after giving Mao a dark stare. Mao looked somewhat pale to the child’s eyes. Yixing didn’t understand why though. It was just another man….

The seven year old snapped out of thought when the man in white came to his side. “Did this man hurt you?” he heard the man ask him, gently.

Yixing looked at Mao, whose face was pale as snow. He nodded quickly. He wouldn’t lie. Even if Mao possibly hit him later like Jia used to, Yixing would still speak of the truth. Mao may seem like that type of guy not fond to getting into trouble, but it wasn’t an excuse for lies…

“He bit me! I did it by instinct!” Mao stammered to say. The man stood up, his eyes on Yixing. He smiled. “I see... Don’t worry. This man will no longer try to harm you.” He reassured which puzzled the small boy. “What-“Yixing began but closed his mouth when he saw the man in white pull out a gun before pointing it toward Mao. He watched as the gun fired the bullet that shot through Mao’s head.

“G-Gah….”

Mao’s body slumped on the ground, releasing his last breath. Yixing sat terrified. ‘H-He… He’s dead…’ his thoughts began screaming. ‘He shot him! He shot him!’

“Now, let’s go inside.” The man in white smiled, with speckles of red on his white uniform and face. Yixing obliged, standing up. He hurried behind, not wanting to face the same fate as the body on the floor…

At least, Mao wouldn’t be bothering him later on now….

 

 

 

 

 

“I am Ray.”

Yixing looked up at the man in white. Before he couldn’t get a great look at the man but now was a perfect chance. He could see his brown hair slicked back, making his hair look slick and greasy. His eyes weren’t as open as Yixing’s but you could see his blue eyes. Finally, he noticed Ray’s pink skin. It wasn’t pink like out of the ordinary, but still… It was pink.

“I’m Yixing. I’m seven years old!” Yixing chirped, holding up ten fingers instead of seven. Ray smiled, before fixing the little boy’s hands so it was seven. “I know. I heard so much about you.” He responded, his smile never fading. “About me?!”It was a surprise to Yixing. He barely knows the guy and the guy’s already heard about him. The only other person who would bother to know so much was… His mother…

Ray nodded, answering with an ‘mmhm’. “Your mother told us you could make flowers bloom in winter.” A small gasp came from Yixing as he heard this. “No way! Mommy knows you?!” Yixing cried, his eyes now popping. Ray chuckled, nodding. He nodded his head toward a hallway that shone bright blue lights inside.

“She said you even revive the dead.” He went on, as they began to walk down the hallway. Yixing slapped his hands to his cheeks, surprised. “She did?! I didn’t know that!” He squealed, looking ahead. He didn’t know his mother knew these people! Maybe this isn’t a bad place. His mother obviously told them about him. His mother loves him too much to get him in harm’s way.

“Yes. She spoke a lot about you.” Ray spoke, his tone of voice changing. Yixing tilted his head to see Ray stopping at his place. “Mommy must’ve told you she loves me a lot.” He smiled innocently, watching as Ray came close. “I suppose you could say that.” Ray muttered, watching the little boy stood innocently.

“What’s wrong, Mr. Ray?” Yixing tilted his head. Ray shook his head, before responding. “Nothing. Everything is alright.” He muttered before lunging at Yixing who couldn’t react quickly enough. Yixing released a scream as Ray plunged a needle at the child's arm... Maybe his mother lied about loving him... Maybe she wanted him to get harmed.

 

“A child’s scream are monsters lullabies.”

 

 

 

I wanted to make this chapter long but decided to split it in half so it wouldn't be as long as the first. I'm grateful for the amount of views this story has gotten and the 8, I think, subscribers. Thank you so much and please excpect more! Oh! While you wait, you could read ahead by checking out my Luhan and Tao story! Don't worry! I'm working on the rest as of now! ;) Thank you so much again!

                                                   - francisdabs01