Ice-like

His managers wouldn’t let him go to the second day, where the skaters would be performing their free skate programs.

“But that’s ridiculous, it’s right down the street!” Luhan protested. “I already bought tickets!”

“Yes, but what will someone think if they see you and recognize you? There’s so many reporters down there, what will they think if they see you leave without a taxi or public transport? They’ll rightfully conclude that you live nearby, then they’ll follow you home, and boom! There goes this apartment and discreet little life.”

“Way to kill a man’s dreams,” Luhan responded drily. “I was going to support a friend. A real man supports his friends.”

“,” said the other manager.

Luhan kicked them out after that conversation, and pulled up a livestream online, frowning at his tickets on the coffee table.

The livestream took three minutes to load, and when it did, it was just commentators. Luhan sighed, then got up to make some tea.

He wondered if Yuzu would have his phone on him. Probably not. It was worth texting him anyways, this was Worlds.

Good luck, Yuzu! You’re an excellent skater, you’ve got this.

Luhan chucked his phone onto his bed in the next room and sat down in front of the livestream again.

After watching a man named Javier Fernandez skate, the video shut down.

“What the hell?” Luhan exclaimed into his empty apartment. “This isn’t what I paid for!”

The livestream was free.


He checked the news for the first time in weeks the next morning. Under an article about Tao injuring himself was an article about the competition.

Yuzu scored second, under the man Javier Fernandez.

Congrats on second place!

It was a few minutes and a cup of tea later that Luhan’s phone dinged with a response.

Thanks! I know I can do better though.

Luhan rolled his eyes.

Don’t kid yourself, you skated well. Going back to Japan or training more in Canada?

Not sure, my coach might have me come back to Canada soon for World Teams. But my hotel here is nice, I’ll stay for a few more days

Coffee soon?

I could teach you how to skate

Luhan laughed out loud to the apartment.

Okay. But I really shouldn’t be out in public during the day

I’ll see what I can do

Luhan locked his phone and returned to his breakfast.

He might actually have something to do!


Luhan was laying on the ground, holding up a pillow with his feet as the sun set when his phone dinged next to him again.

Determined not to let the pillow fall, he slowly turned his head and reached out his arm towards his phone. He twisted his hips a bit too, but-

“Oof!”

Luhan shoved the pillow off his face, sat up and grabbed his phone.

I convinced a rink to stay open after hours.

The next text was the address.