Ice-like

Yuzuru, or Yuzu, as he insisted, and Luhan texted a few times between their first meeting and Worlds. The two of them weren’t best friends by the time the competition rolled around, but it was nice for Luhan to have someone to talk to other than lawyers or publicity managers. Yuzu explained the different competitions throughout the skating season, and did his best to help Luhan distinguish between the different kinds of jumps. That was a bit of a mess, due to the language barrier, but it brought the both of them some laughs.

Luhan started venturing out of his apartment a bit more, to the dismay of his publicity managers. His main goal these days was to try to find a small Pooh Bear stuffed animal he could throw into the kiss and cry (a term he'd learned no thanks to Yuzu) after Yuzu’s performance, as a thanks for his kindness and understanding of his situation.

It was nice to have a friend again.

Just in case, Luhan dragged one of his publicity managers with him to Worlds. His manager made sure he was nice and disguised by the time he walked into the arena, the first time he’d been in an arena that large since one of his Exo concerts.

It gave him a bit of a rush.

Did he miss it?

By the time Yuzu had gotten on the ice, Luhan was already in love with the sounds of the blades on the rink, the passion that rolled off each skater, the control and elegance and the beauty of skating. Luhan was on the edge of the seat, cheering and screaming along with the figure skating fangirls surrounding him, before remembering his manly reputation, and began to calm himself.

Yuzu positioned himself on the ice, and waited as the music started for his cue.

Yuzu’s head lolled along with the music, and he began to whirl around the ice. Luhan could immediately easily feel the emotions that he was trying to convey.

Not to mention that he missed dancing and expressing himself in that form as well. He wasn’t exactly on the dance line of Exo, but he was in no way a bad dancer.

Luhan could picture himself on the ice, skating to one of his own songs. He’d be lying to himself if he didn’t admit that he had started writing his own music in the downtime he spent alone in his apartment. He could skate to his own songs. He could.

And so could Yuzuru, apparently. His program was incredible. After his performance, spectators from all around the arena were throwing Pooh Bears down onto the ice. Admittedly, it made Luhan feel a touch unoriginal.

But Luhan did still push around the crowd to directly above the kiss and cry, and launched the tiny stuffed Pooh Bear down.

He’d bought the zip up kind of stuffed animal, and had a little “Jiāyôu!” note inside. On the back of the note was a tiny thank you in what was probably terrible Japanese, signed Luhan.

Spreading some good karma did make him feel a little better as well.