Ice-like

Just across the street from his apartment in the beginning of March, a lot of people began to give the building down a few blocks a lot of attention.

He pasted his hands to the glass of his living room window and peered down the street.

Please tell me the press doesn’t know I’m here.

That was his first thought.

His next was that he really shouldn’t panic, that would only attract more attention.

The highlight of Luhan’s week occurred that night.

He went to the drugstore around the corner and bought a bottle of bleach, some blue hair dye, and an ugly t-shirt.

Then, he went home, bleached his already completely dead hair, and dyed it blue.

He kind of liked it.

He recently posted a picture of himself with light brown hair on Instagram, so he hoped this would throw people off from recognizing him for at least a week.

The next day, he sported a beanie he dug out from clothes he wore two years ago, a pair of Gucci sunglasses, and some baggy clothes and took a trip down the street to see why that building was still crowded.

A sign was posted outside of a large, venue-like building that read:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: FIGURE SKATING WORLDS 2015

Luhan turned right back around and walked straight back to his apartment.

Did I just waste my money and the health of my hair just to find out that there’s figure skating going on later this month?


He boiled himself a pot of tea and sat down cross legged on the couch under this fluffy blanket he’d ordered online a few weeks ago, set his tea next to him, and pulled up his laptop.

He really didn’t have anything else to do.

He clicked onto Youtube, a luxury only granted in the city, and searched up “Women’s Figure Skating Worlds 2014.” The first video that popped up was a video of a woman named Mao Asada.

Needless to say, he was stunned.

He opened a new tab, and searched “Japanese figure skaters.”

A Wikipedia list popped up, and he clicked the button to translate it to Chinese.

The first name to appear was someone named Yuzuru Hanyu.

He clicked open another tab, refusing to click away from the beauty of Mao’s performance, and typed in Yuzuru’s name.
The first video that popped up was titled “Record Breaking Short Program: Yuzuru Hanyu Sochi Olympics 2014.”

Luhan spent the rest of the day drinking tea and binge watching men’s figure skating.