Of Cherry Tomatoes

Even If The Rain Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Of Cherry Tomatoes (and Lego Batman)
Minkyung/Kyungwon

“So,” Minkyung says after Nayoung leaves the room in search of the little ones.

Kyungwon looks up from the last few bites of her salad, “Hm?”

“Do you have plans for tomorrow evening?”

Kyungwon frowns, scrunches up her nose, “Uh, we might have practice, I think?”

Minkyung rolls her eyes, “After practice.”

Kyungwon crunches on a leaf of lettuce, “Nothing in particular, I think? Oh wait. I might have something. ”

She scowls at something Minkyung cannot see from this angle but knows must be a tomato, “Why?”

Minkyung leans forward anyway and opens and sure enough a sliced cherry tomato is placed between her lips.

“Want to watch a movie with me?”

Kyungwon frowns, “We just watched 50 Shades Darker yesterday. You’re still obsessed with that song.”

“Yeah, but Lego Batman is out.”

Kyungwon waves her disposable fork in the air, jabs it in Minkyung’s direction, much like one would one of those wands from Harry Potter, “You're the one who didn't want to watch Lego Batman! I wanted to watch Lego Batman but noo, we ended up watching 50 Shades instead because someone wanted to watch a movie for adults. It wasn't even that great.”

Minkyung pouts.

“And besides,” Kyungwon says, “since you didn't want to watch Lego Batman, I've already asked Jieqiong and we're going tomorrow.”

“You what?”

“I asked Jieqiong,” Kyungwon says triumphantly, “and she said yes.”

“You asked Jieqiong,” Minkyung says.

“Yup,” Kyungwon spears the last leaf of lettuce.

“And she said yes.”

The fork stops halfway to Kyungwon’s mouth, “...uh huh? Didn't I just say that?”

“To a movie tomorrow night.”

Kyungwon’s eyes twinkle, as she munches on the leaf, “Yup.”

“Pft,” Minkyung says, “Liar.”

“W-What?” Kyungwon splutters, “I'm not lying!”

“There's no way you and Jieqiong are going out by yourselves at night to a movie on Valentine's Day.”

Kyungwon frowns, genuinely puzzled, “Why not?”

Minkyung blinks, “Wait, hang on, really?”

“Yeah. We even bought tickets.”

Kyungwon pats her coat pocket with the hand that is not holding on to the disposable salad fork.

“...you bought tickets.”

“Uh huh.”

“The two of you.”

“...yes?”

“Valentine's Day. Lego Batman.”

“Hang on,” says Kyungwon, “where is this going?”

“Nowhere, clearly,” Minkyung says, rolls her eyes, huffs.

“Aw,” Kyungwon grins, “Is somebody going to be lonely tomorrow evening?”

“No,” says Minkyung, sniffs, “I'm going to go hang out with Nayoung-unnie.”

“Ok,” Kyungwon says, scrapes the bottom of the disposable box with her fork then the slightest bit of dressing of of it, “That's good then.”

“T-That’s good?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter