Work

Stay with me

I opened my eyes before the break of dawn. I took a glance at the alarm clock: 6:14 am. I tossed and turned throughout the night to such an extent that I didn't feel like I slept at all. My eyelids were heavy, but I couldn't sleep anymore.

Practice would start from 9:00 am. I was way too early for that. Other members were still sound asleep. Anyhow, I decided to start the day early. I washed up and had a banana for breakfast. I decided to do a bit of extra practice before the group one.

Umji's POV

It was already 8:10 am when I woke up. I was used to be the member who wakes up the latest, but when I was done with washing up, I found that the other members were either in the kitchen or in the living room, but SinB was not there. "Unnie, is SinB still asleep? That's not like her..." I asked Eunha-unnie, who sleeps opposite to SinB. "No...that's what we were talking about just now, SinB went out early." Eunha-unnie answered.

"Huh? Does she have an individual schedule today?" I was confused since SinB did not mention anything about an individual schedule. "No, I asked manager-nim, and he said that SinB went to the practice room for an early practice. I wonder what's up..." Sowon-unnie answered.

"She slept early last night, and she didn't even chat with me, so maybe she simply woke up early." Eunha-unnie said casually.

"Hmm...maybe..." I responded, thinking about asking SinB later when we meet up in the practice room. "Let's all quickly have some breakfast and go to the practice room then. Who wants eggs?" I went over to the refrigerator for the eggs. "Me!"x2 from Eunha-unnie and Yuju-unnie.

SinB's POV

I surprised manager-nim when I told him at 7:00 that I would be going to the practice room early. I watched some recent videos of our performances and also the special stages, replaying the videos and particular moments, jotting notes while I was watching. After jotting the notes and doing the warm-up routine, I started to dance. I decided to record myself doing different dances, including 'Rough', 'Navillera', 'Gone with the wind'. I even did the whole 'Be mine' dance for three times. I focused on the points that I noted down, practiced repeatedly, and put a tick next to the points when I felt satisfied watching the recordings.

It was tiring. I was sweating and panting on the floor when I heard noises from the corridor.