Final

To Wait Until Then
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin woke up for the second time that day as his phone's alarm clock rung. He was about to turn his phone off and go back to sleep when he noticed the 5 missed calls and 8 text messages on the notification bar. He ignored the first 5 messages that were sent by Jennie when he saw that the other 3 were sent from a friend whom he shared some classes with. Hanbin let out a curse as he read his friend's text messages, asking him where he was. He checked the time and stumbled off the bed, running to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He quickly brushed his teeth while looking for something clean to wear. He looked around his small apartment; his clothes were scattered on the floor and bed. Opened bags of chips and some cans of beer were on the table along with a box of chicken that he ordered last night. The laundry basket was useless because Hanbin's clothes were mixed; he could not tell which ones were clean and which ones were not. Jennie used to be the one who cleaned his apartment and also did the grocery shopping for him; she lived near the university so she only visited his apartment once a week. But she had been busy for the past couple of weeks because of--actually, Hanbin did not know why she was busy either. He realized that it had been a while since they last had a decent meal together and simply talked or spent time with each other. Hanbin shrugged it off; they were in college. They could not do anything about their busy schedules anyway. He would just make it up to her once the long break comes.

Hanbin grabbed the first shirt that he he saw and smelled it; it did not smell bad so he hurriedly put it on and changed into a clean pair of boxers. He walked over to his study table and noticed the calendar and a glaring red mark. He cursed once he remembered what day it was and why it was marked on his calendar; it was the deadline of a paper in one class. Hanbin shook his head and took his laptop, carelessly throwing it inside his bag along with some notes he needed for an exam that day. Once he was finished putting some reports, paper, and books inside his bag, Hanbin slung it over his shoulder. He walked to the fridge and opened it, trying to find something he could munch on while going to the school. He found a sandwich and a coffee-in-can. He grabbed both and headed to the door. When he was about to open his coffee-in-can, he saw a note posted on it. It was Jennie's handwriting; it said that she wished him luck on studying. Hanbin wondered when she came to his apartment. But he did not ponder for long; before he took another sip from his coffee, Hanbin took off the note Jennie wrote because it bothered him. After staring at it, he crumpled in in his hand and threw it in the trash can as soon as he saw one beside the stairs.

He headed to school and saw his friend in class. "Yah, you're almost late." Jinhwan said.

Hanbin yawned. "I woke up late. Thank you for reminding me about our paper." Hanbin smiled and gave him a fist-bump.

"Are you done with it?" Jinhwan inquired and Hanbin shook his head.

"I plan on doing it aftet this class. I still got 3 hours to cram anyway."

Jinhwan snickered. "Good job, man."

Their small talk was stopped when their professor came in and Hanbin could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket but decided to ignore it.

As soon as the class was over, Hanbin went to the library. He looked around to find a comfortable spot and found one near the window. He turned his laptop on and started writing the paper he was supposed to submit later that afternoon. He checked the time and saw that it was already 1 in the afternoon; they could submit the paper until 4. He noticed another message from Jennie and put his phone on silent mode as he worked on his paper.

It was quarter to 4 when he finished and he quickly put all his things inside his bag. He ran off to his professor's office in another building. He reached his professor on time and smiled as he handed in his paper. The professor raised his eyebrow as he took im Hanbin's appearance. His clothes were rumpled , his hair looked like it was not washed, and he was heavily breathing. The professor rolled his eyes at this; Kim Hanbin was just like any other college student who was only struggling to survive.

Hanbin walked out of the building and finally took his phone out of his pocket. It was 4:15 and just then, he received a message from Jinhwan, asking him to hang out and play video games with him then eat after. He replied ok and went to meet Jinhwan, forgetting to check Jennie's messages once again.

Hanbin went to Jinhwan's place where they played video games for hours then ordered pizza and chicken after.

As he and Jinhwan ate, Hanbin's phone continuously buzzed. Once they finished eating, Jinhwan looked at Hanbin's phone and asked, "Aren't you going to answer that?"

Hanbin shook his head then turned his phone off once again. "It's just Jennie nagging me for our date later and it's at 9pm anyway, it's only 7pm. It's still early."

Jinhwan nodded in understanding. "Haven't you been with her for a while now?"

Hanbin nodded this time. "Since high school, we've been together. We've been together for about 6 years."

"That's a long time." Jinhwan commented and Hanbin only nodded at this.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter