Moving On

Young Forever
Please log in to read the full chapter

After Tiffany washed the dishes, she went out of the kitchen and to the bedroom to get some clothes. "Taehyung, why aren't you in your uniform yet? Aren't you going to school?! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just don't want to go today."

"Why? Are you still thinking about your cousin?"

"No. I told you I don't care about that."

"Then why?"

"I just want to spend the day with you." He smiled.

"Yah, you should go to school! You're making me look like a bad influence." she pouted.

"Okay fine. I'll go to school tomorrow. Today I just want to be with you."

Tiffany gave up. It was nice that she didn't have to be alone for the day. "So, what are we doing today?"

"Just get dressed." Taehyung said as he stood up and left the room.

-

The two took the train and got off downtown. They walked to the department store. "Taehyung, what are we doing here?"

Taehyung just held her hand and led her inside. They rode the escalator up and went to the electronics section.

A salesgirl walked towards them and asked what they were looking for. "We need a new phone."

"Good news sir, we have a great deal today. If you buy any of these phone models with cash, we'll give you another one for free."

"That would be great. We'll take those." Taehyung pointed at one of the modes then Tiffany tightened her grip. "Taehyung... we still haven't used this money yet. You'll end up exhausting your all your savings if you keep spending them on me."

The salesgirl came back with the matching phones. "Here are the phones." She opened the boxes so that they could see the phone. "Would you like to test them?"

Tiffany and Taehyung took the phone and saw their features. Tiffany kept opening all the apps while Taehyung was busy testing his own phone. She opened the camera app and checked her reflection using the self camera.

"Ma'am would you like me to take your photo so we could test your back camera?"

"Okay..." Tiffany handed her the phone.

"Alright smile..."

Tiffany felt Taehyung placed his arm on her shoulder so she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Perfect. How about you sir, would you also like to test your phone?"

Taehyung handed the phone to the girl and placed his arm back on Tiffany's shoulder. He then felt her arm around his waist.

"Alright, perfect. Here you go. You two make a lovely couple." Said the salesgirl.

The two nervously laughed. Taehyung and Tiffany looked at each other and shrugged.

"Anyways, we'll take these." Taehyung nervously laughed and took the phones to the cashier. Tiffany waved at the salesgirl then followed him shortly.

-

"Phones, check! Now we can contact each other all the time... even when I'm at school." He grinned.

"Taehyung..."

"Yeah what?"

"I told you we haven't use this money yet. You're making feel a little uncomfortable because it feels like I'm mooching off of you so take these. Let's use this to spend stuff from now on please..."

Taehyung took a deep breath.

Tiffany held his hand. "Please.... or we could just put all of it in your account and get like a supplementary card for me so I can spend when I want too."

"Alright fine..."

-

After going to the bank, Tiffany told Taehyung that she wanted to eat some ice cream. "Come on, my treat. Oops I mean... our treat." She winked as she flashed her shiny new supplementary card.

She pulled him to the ice cream parlor she has been eyeing on ever since they got off the train.

They entered the store but a familiar face shocked her.

"Fany?" the guy called her.

Tiffany pretended to not know him and pulled Taehyung out of the store.

"Tiffany, we've dated for years. Don't think that I wouldn't recognize you just because you have red hair."

Tiffany took a deep breath and finally faced him. "Hi Myungsoo, it's been a while."

"That's better. It's been a long time, would you mind if we talk for a while? Please... you owe much at least that."

"Fine. We'll give you five minutes."

The three sat together at the corner table. Taehyung kept throwing him sharp looks but the guy gave his attention to Tiffany. "So, is he your new boyfriend?"

"Myungsoo, you only have five minutes. I don't think you could maximize it by asking personal questions about me."

"Okay, well... let's see. I just wanted to ask you something you might have expected for a long time. Why did you leave me alone in Japan? I thought we were having fun spending time together and then one morning you were gone, your things were missing and I found out you were already back here. You block my number and you refused to see me, why?!"

"Why? Because I knew about you cheating on me with Jiyeon. I tried to forget about it while we were in Japan but in your sleep you mentioned her name so I left you right there and then never looked back. If that's your only question then we're done here."

Tiffany immediately stood up while Taehyung followed her out. "Are you okay?" He asked her.

"I'm fine but let's go home please."

When they arrived home, Tiffany was silent and went straight to the living room. She the tv but rather than watch, she only stared at it until Taehyung sat beside her with some chips.

"Are you really okay?"

"Huh? Yeah..."

"I think you're still thinking about the guy from earlier, that Myung.."

"Don't say his name. I feel that I'm done with our relationship but this was the first time that I saw him again. He was my first love and he broke my heart. I thought I have moved on but seeing him again made me remember the pain."

Taehyung pulled her to his embrace. "It's alright. Maybe you had to see him one last time and tell your feelings so that you could start to really move on."

"You're probably right..." Tiffany escaped from his hug. It disappointed him a little but he still gave her a reassuring smile.

"Hey, can I borrow your phone? I need Sunny's number."

Taehyung handed his phone before going to the kitchen to prepare for their late lunch.

Tiffany searched for Sunny's number on his recently dialed list and saw Jimin's so she saved both their numbers.

She called Sunny but she's literally about to start a test so she told her that she'll call her as soon as she can.

Tiffany then sent a new message this time to Jimin.

T: Chimchim!
*Not even a minute after*
J: Fanyyyy!!! You got your own number? Congratulations! ㅋㅋ
T: Yah, it's not my first time to have a phone though, why congratulate me for this ㅜ
J: I'm just happy now we can talk anytime. What are you doing? You're bored because you're alone again aren't you?
T: Ani...Taehyung's home.
J: He didn't go to school? Is he sick?
T: No.. he said he'll just spend the day with me that's why we bought new phones.
J: phones?
T: Yeah, we bought matching ones cos there was a promo. What are you doing?
J: Here at school so boredddd. I wanna play with Fany again!
T: You should be listening to your teacher. Okay? I'll text you again after your classes.
J: Andwaeeeeㅠㅠ I'll keep texting you from now on ㅋㅋㅋ

Please log in to read the full chapter