It All Comes To Her

Vacation With Ms. Happy Go Lucky

“You know that includes you too right?” Wonwoo asked as he eyed the girl who was helping him clean up the boys’ mess. “I can clean this myself.”

Hyejin gave him a small smile as she shook her head. “I don’t want you to clean all this up by yourself,” she said, grabbing a plastic bag to put all the garbage in. “Plus, since we’re not sharing a room with anyone, it gets boring, know what I mean?”

Wonwoo thought about it as he grabbed the shot glasses in one hand. The nuisance makes a point, he thought.

“I’d rather be bored than be in the same room as you.”

Hyejin looked at Wonwoo, her eyebrows furrowed together. Wonwoo noticed her staring and remained eye-contact with her for about two minutes.

“What do you have against girls?” She suddenly asked.

Wonwoo sneered and shook his head, cleaning up the rest of the mess. Hyejin puffed her cheeks as she walked towards the sink, putting down a shot glass in it.

She watched as Wonwoo laid down his bed, staring at the ceiling.

“Can you leave?” He asked, surprisingly politely.

Hyejin raised an eyebrow and rushed towards his bed, laying down beside him, surprising Wonwoo, who tried to get as far from her as possible. “Do you not understand what leave means?”

“I want to know what you have against girl-”

“Why are you so happy?” He asked, interrupting her. “Why are you so positive and you don’t see a negative part of this world? This world is nothing but negative and yet here you are, trying to find the positive in these things.”

Hyejin stared at Wonwoo with wide eyes. Those were the most words he had ever said to her.

“Let’s trade.”

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow as he stared at her. “Trade? Trade what?”

“Secrets. Reasons why we’re like this,” she said, her face telling him that she’s serious.

“You’re answering first,” he said.

“A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success,” she quoted and let out a small smile when Wonwoo’s face softened, a bit. Not much but a bit.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s a quote by the Joyce Brothers,” she said and laid down the bed, staring at the ceiling. “It’s been my favourite quote ever since,” Hyejin paused making Wonwoo stare at her curiously, “I moved in with my uncle and aunt.”

Hyejin smiled and turned her body so that she was laying on her side, facing Wonwoo. “That’s the reason why I’m so positive,” she said. “Your turn.”

“No reason,” Wonwoo said as he looked away from Hyejin and stared at the ceiling. “It’s just that... “ Wonwoo sighs, “it’s not something I want to talk about.”

Wonwoo turned his head towards Hyejin and raised an eyebrow at her expression. Hyejin looked at Wonwoo, trying to hold back her smile but she exhaled making her return back to normal. “I’m not going to force it out of you right now,” she said, “but I think it’ll be good for you if you take it off your chest.”

The boy sat up as he watched Hyejin got off the bed, grabbing her sweater as she walked towards the door. She turned her head towards him and gave him a genuine smile. “I know that we just met like a week ago but once you’re ready to talk about it and get it off your chest, I’m in the room right next to yours.”

With that, Hyeijn left the room leaving Wonwoo, surprised. He had his eyes widened and his mouth was ajar. He laid back down his bed and covered his eyes with her arm. After a short moment of silence, he groaned loudly, sitting up and rubbing his temples.

“You can’t let another one get to you,” he mumbled to himself but slowly raised his head to stare at the door that Hyejin left with.

But she’s pretty okay… I guess.

---

“Where are the rest?” Hyejin asked as she met up with Seungcheol, Jun and Minghao and looked around.

They were currently at the front entrance of the hotel. They all decided to go hiking together but Seungcheol, Jun and Minghao were the only ones who appeared out of the boys. Obviously, Wonwoo couldn’t join because he was working. Like he had a choice.

“They told us to go ahead,” Seungcheol said and wrapped his arm around Hyejin’s shoulder.

Minghao and Jun looked at the two, waiting for a reaction from the girl who was completely okay with the sudden contact from the oldest. Seungcheol stared at Hyejin with a blank face, surprised that she didn’t push him away or anything.

“Alright,” Hyejin said and looked at Seungcheol and raised her eyebrow. She leaned towards him making Seungcheol widen his eyes and lean back. His face turned red when he heard Hyejin sniff him.

Minghao and Jun had their jaws dropped to the ground. They never expected Hyejin to be that comfortable with them.

After Hyejin was finished ‘sniffing’ Seungcheol, she looked at him and tilted her head. “Are you hungover?” She asked. “You were pretty wasted yesterday.”

Seungcheol’s cheeks turned even more red and he rubbed the back of his neck, thinking about it. “Now that I think about it, my head does kind of ache,” he mumbled and looked at Hyejin but avoided eye-contact with her.

“Should you be coming with us then?” She asked. “You should go rest.”

Seungcheol shook his head. “I’m fine.”

“Did you at least drink water or coffee? And took an aspirin?”

Jun appeared beside Seungcheol and wrapped his arm around the older, earning a glare from him. “Don’t worry, Hyejin. Before coming here, I made sure hyung here took an aspirin,” he said with a grin.

Hyejin blinked for a few moments and let out a soft smile and looked at Minghao who was standing next to her and smiled innocently. “Should we go then?” He asked.

The four were on their way to the hiking part of the city. Jun waved for a taxi and they all entered. Jun in the front while Seungcheol was on the left of Hyejin, resting his head on the window, and Minghao who was on the right of Hyejin, looking out the window in awe.

Although they already went sightseeing, they were still surprised that they were in Hawaii. It was still unbelievable for them.

“I can’t wait to go hiking!” Jun exclaimed as he turned his head, to look at the other three. Seungcheol had his eyes closed while Hyejin and Minghao smiled at him.

“I can’t wait to see the whole island from the hiking trail,” Hyejin said. “It must be really beautiful there.”

After a couple of minutes, they finally arrived to the hiking trail. Seungcheol drowsily paid the taxi driver before turning his body to the hiking trail. The four stared at the hiking trail and even if they weren’t on it, they were still amazed by how nice it was.

Minghao grabbed Hyejin’s wrist as he dragged her into the trail.

“Yah, be careful,” Seungcheol shouted and chased after them, Jun following suit.

Hyejin and Minghao looked at the view of the water, their mouths ajar.

“Noona, it’s so pretty,” he mumbled and looked at her with a huge smile.

“No kidding,” she muttered. “This is the best trip of my life!” She exclaimed, a huge smile growing on her face.

I wish I was here with Wonwo- Hyejin, stop.

Seungcheol and Jun appeared behind the two and stared at the water.

“Wow, it really is pretty here,” Jun said with a huge smile and looked around. “Where are the others?”

“Jihoon is probably having a hard time getting Jeonghan and Soonyoung to wake up,” Seungcheol mumbled, his cheeks turning pink. “We get pretty turnt up when we drink.”

Hyejin looked at him and let out a soft chuckle. “I never expected it from Jeonghan-ssi,” she said. “I never thought that he would drink.”

“Jeonghan-hyung is a devil in disguise,” Minghao said. “He looks like an angel but deep in him there’s Satan.”

Hyejin chuckled and slung her arm around Minghao’s neck. “Come on, let’s keep going.”

All of a sudden, Hyejin stopped in her tracks when her eyes landed on someone.

The boys noticed Hyejin’s sudden change and looked in front of them to see a group of four men. Seungcheol and Jun looked at Hyejin and noticed she was looking at the ground.

“Hyejin-noona?” Minghao said quietly and widened his eyes when Hyejin lifted her head to look at them.

The other two boys widened their eyes as well when they saw her face. Hyejin’s eyes turned dark and the colour on her face disappeared.

“Sorry,” she said quietly and gave all of them a small smile. “Let’s go?”

---

“Where are you guys?” Seungcheol said, holding the phone.

The four were sitting together on the ground as they reached the end of the hiking trail. They were staring at the view of the city and beach. Seungcheol was talking to Jihoon on the phone, the other three listening in since it was on speaker.

“Jeonghan-hyung and stupid Soonyoung still won’t get up their beds,” Jihoon said and groaned quietly. “This is why we should never let them drink! Even if it’s just one sip, they already get out of control. Ugh, I can’t even deal with them when they’re as hungover as this.”

“Maybe we should let Hyejin-noona wake them up,” they heard Mingyu say over the line. “We all know that Soonyoung will immediate- look, I just said noona’s name and he’s already awake.”

Hyejin stared at the phone blankly and then let out a soft chuckle.

“Hy-Hyejin-ah?” Soonyoung’s voice got louder. They guessed that Soonyoung took a hold of the phone when Jihoon started yelling.

“Hyejin-ah! Where are you?” Soonyoung said quietly, his voice husky.

“Remember that we planned to go hiking?” Hyejin asked. “You should wake up now and meet us up here. You guys are missing a lot for not being here.”

Soonyoung groaned quietly. “Alright, I’ll get ready. Wait for us there- yah.”

The three boys burst into laughter. Soonyoung’s ‘yah’ was so weak, that a dead person would be laughing at him.

“Seungcheol-hyung! Jeonghan-hyung woke up!” Seungkwan shouted into the phone making the four flinch. “He woke up and he’s not in his angel state!”

“Yah! How dare you take back to me!” They heard Jeonghan’s voice shout at them.

Hyejin stared at the three boys who were sighing in relief. “We’re really glad that we aren’t there,” Jun mumbled and stared at the city again, bursting into laughter. “Good luck with Jeonghan-hyung!” He said and took the phone from Seungcheol, hanging up on them.

“We should go and try to save them,” Minghao said. “But then again, I don’t really feel like getting beaten up by hungover Jeonghan-hyung.”

The other three chuckled and stood up from the ground, dusting off their shorts. As Hyejin took one last look at the view, someone said her name. She turned her head, her expression hardening when she saw the person in front of her.

The three boys stared at Hyejin and looked at the man in front of them. He was one of the men in the group they saw on their way up. They also noticed the guy who was walking towards them as he was glaring at someone.

“Hyejin-ah,” he said quietly, his frown slowly turning into a small smile.

Hyejin’s heart was beating fast and she took a deep breath. What she said surprised the three boys as they stared at the man in front of them with wide eyes.

“Appa.”

Hyejin then looked behind him to see a guy who was staring at her with a smirk but with distant eyes. She clenched her fists behind her, not trying to show her anger in front of Seungcheol, Jun and Minghao.

“Oppa.”