(Re)Start - Jennie x Taehyung

Blackpink Bring the Boys Out!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung was tired, ready for school to be over and hungry as ever, yet here he was, slowly sipping on a chocolate milkshake as he sat in the library, attention solely focused on her. She was huddled up in the usual spot she liked to occupy, sitting comfortably on the floor between two book stacked shelves as she flipped through the pages of a magazine. He sat by a table directly opposite her, mindlessly skimming through a book he had zero interest in as he stole long glances at her every now and then. In all honestly the library was the last place you’d normally catch him; the music lover wasn’t one for anything academic at all. But against all odds his kryptonite was back, every fibre of her pretty being physically before his eyes, and he couldn’t help but want to be near her.

Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine she would return.

The last time he’d seen her she was hauling her suitcases into a car as a terribly saddened look took over her face. He was stood outside his friend Jungkook’s front door, both half conversating and half watching their classmate as she prepared to move half way around the world. Those minutes spent watching her leave were difficult to say the least. It was made even more painful when she turned to look at Taehyung, eyes filled with nothing but sadness, and softly waved goodbye. And just like that, she was seated in the car and gone.

It was crazy to think that that was four years ago.

He stole another long glance at her as the memory faded away.

Taehyung honestly couldn’t keep his eyes off her. He didn’t think she could possibly get any prettier and yet here she was, defying the odds. Her facial features remained unchanged, but there was a maturity about her as a whole that gave her a new aura. The girl he’d known four years ago had an overwhelming innocence about her. That innocence was still present, but part of it had been replaced by something else. Confidence. iness. You could see it as she walked down the hallways. She was hotter than ever and she knew it.

And it made him so irresistibly attracted to her.

“Is there something on my face?”

Taehyung jumped a little as the sudden sound of a voice brought him out of his trance.

“uhh...n-no,” he stuttered in reply, eyes wide in surprise as he quickly realised who the voice belonged to.

“There must be. You’ve been sitting there staring at me every lunch period for the past three days.” She hadn’t looked up once – her eyes still trained on the magazine – but he could sense the amusement in her tone.

The startled boy couldn’t find the words in him to reply as he continued to look at her in shock. As stupid as it sounded, he genuinely didn’t think his stare sessions had been that obvious. Were they absurd? Yes. Excessive? Absolutely. But he thought he’d been a lot slicker with it. That obviously wasn’t the case.

It was almost as if she could sense his surprise because she slowly looked up, her beautiful eyes looking right into his and her pretty lips curved in a small smile as she acknowledged him for the first time since she’d been back.

“Hello Taehyung.”

Time appeared to stand still as the two students simply stared at each other, one’s expression mirroring that of shock as the other maintaining a small smile. It had been four years since their “some” had been cut short by her abrupt move to New Zealand. Four years since he’d lost the opportunity to let her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter