Chapter 3

The Man Behind The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin had been watching Kyungsoo ever since he first stepped into the opera house. Kyungsoo’s timid nature and general shyness made him a puzzle Jongin was eager to solve. Though, Jongin had some insecurities of his own. He constantly wore a white mask that covered half of his face whenever he even had the smallest chance of being noticed by Kyungsoo. Hiding his identity from Kyungsoo was one of the only things Jongin made sure to do at all times.

Even if Jongin was meant to be in dance rehearsal, whenever Kyungsoo would rehearse he would stand outside in the hallway listening to him. Jongin loved hearing Kyungsoo’s thick honey vocals as he sat behind the piano. They were soothing to him. Though the minute he heard the rustling of sheet music, he dashed down the hallway making sure to be out of sight by the time Kyungsoo made it out the door.

 

 

 

Jongin sat outside of the door closing his eyes as he listened to Kyungsoo sing yet again. He swayed side to side caught up in Kyungsoo’s voice as he slowly drifted off to sleep. He woke up panicked as he heard the door open quickly standing up and running down the hallway hoping Kyungsoo didn’t notice him. As he got around the corner he stopped abruptly trying to catch his breath almost running into Tao.

“Almost got caught listening to lover boy again,” Tao sneered a smirk evident on his face.

“I fell asleep,” Jongin replied breathlessly. “I had to run quickly when I heard the door opening.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter