Chapter 2

The Man Behind The Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo’s alarm woke him up at six the next morning blaring loudly. He groaned, rolling over on his side, and covering his ears. He let them alarm ring for a little while before getting out of bed and walking over to his desk to turn it off. He tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes, hoping to wake himself up enough that he wouldn’t fall asleep in his first class of the day. He looked over and saw that Chanyeol was still asleep even though his alarm was blaring across the room as well. He always wondered how Chanyeol was able to sleep through anything.

Kyungsoo walked into the bathroom as quietly as possible trying not to wake up Chanyeol. He stared at his disheveled hair in the mirror immediately deciding that today was definitely a day to wear a hat. He stared at the very prominent bags underneath his eyes deciding it was also a day to wear sunglasses. Luckily, he was supposed to spend most of the day in the library with Chanyeol studying for their upcoming economics exam. Kyungsoo splashed some cold water on his face hoping to wake himself up even a little bit. Walking out of the bathroom, he gently nudged Chanyeol trying to wake him up so he wouldn’t be late to his first class. Chanyeol absent mindedly slapped Kyungsoo’s hand away groaning inaudible words at him that he assumed were just words chastising him for waking him up. Sighing, Kyungsoo gave up trying to wake up Chanyeol knowing that nothing he would do would ever wake up that sleeping giant.

Kyungsoo walked out of their shared bedroom towards their tiny kitchen slowly grabbing what he needed to make himself a quick breakfast. Sitting down at the table to eat Kyungsoo looked at his watch, his eyes growing wide as he realized his first class started in only 15 minutes. He quickly shoved the rest of his food down his throat as he ran around the dorm gathering his things yelling at Chanyeol about the time hoping that he was awake. He ran out the door quickly, slamming the door behind him not caring if it was locked and ran down the hallway and towards the stairs. Running outside he immediately cursed at himself for not grabbing at jacket, shivering at the cold weather.

Kyungsoo walked quickly with his head down towards the other side of campus, praying he would make it to class on time. He did his best to avoid the gaze of other students, not wanting to get into meaningless conversation with one of the many students who considered him a “friend”. Kyungsoo groaned as he heard someone call out his name. He stopped, turning around seeing Suho jogging towards him. Suho stopped a little out of breath in front of Kyungsoo.

“Are you on your to economics,” Suho asked him desperately trying to catch his breath. “We could walk together.”

“Sure, why not,” Kyungsoo answered rolling his eyes a little. He preferred to walk alone but didn’t want to seem rude cons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter