3/3

dance into my arms

a.n/ 

warning for a really not graphic fight. it just happens.

sorry this took so long, and sorry for a mediocre chapter, and a boring ending. ive been meaning to finish this for some time now. this is it folks.

 


 

“Hoseok, you have classes tomorrow. You need to go back to your dorm.”

 

The dancer groaned, nuzzling his face into Hyungwon’s shoulder. “I don’t wanna go.” He had a wonderful day with Hyungwon at the mall and the movies, and he was reluctant to end their time together.

 

Hyungwon peeled away from Hoseok and frowned. “You need to go to school and I need to get back to my apartment before they lock the front door. Plus, I need to figure things out with my manager. He said there’s probably another clothing company that wants me.”

 

“Really?” Hoseok’s lips formed a circle. “That’s great! Are you finally going to get out of that magazine with the y photoshoots?”

 

“God, no! All my money comes from there. I have too many fans that love that magazine.”

 

Hoseok pouted. “They’re all thirsty for you.”

 

“You say that as if you aren’t any different,” Hyungwon mumbles before the words register in his brain. “Ah, sorry.”

 

Hoseok sighed. Did Hyungwon really think he was only interested in his looks? He had already explained that he loved the model on the inside and outside. It was not his fault that Hyungwon did not want to be in a serious relationship (and it wasn’t Hyungwon’s fault either.

 

“I will be going now,” Hyungwon announced awkwardly. “We’ll see each other in the dance club tomorrow.”

 

They said their goodbyes and headed their separate ways.



 

Hoseok sat quietly in his usual corner of the room, watching the door of the dance studio. They were going to start in five minutes, and Hyungwon still hadn’t arrived. He frowned and stretched some more. It was terribly lonely.

 

“Oh well,” he said aloud. Maybe Hyungwon had gotten the job for that clothing label. Maybe he was discussing modelling opportunities with his manager. Maybe he had been in photo shoots all day, and he was too tired to do anything when he got home. Maybe he was sick. Maybe—.

 

“Okay, stretching is over,” called the high voice of the dance instructor. “Let’s get out on the floor.”

 

Hoseok walked feebly to a spot in the back. He couldn't help but worry about where Hyungwon was. The model surely would have sent him a message if he knew he would miss the lesson that day. It was beginning to worry him. Should I try sending him a message to see if he replies? Hoseok thought, only half paying attention to the dance instructor. Or would that make me come off as too clingy and obsessed?

 

“Shin Hoseok, you paying attention?”

 

He scratched the back of his neck. “Yeah.”

 

“Well then why don’t you demonstrate that combination for the class?” the teacher taunted.

 

Everyone was looking at him and he could feel his heart rate accelerating. He only vaguely knew the motions that the teacher had demonstrated. He was a few seconds away from embarrassing himself when the ringtone on his phone caught everyone’s attention. “Ah, sorry, I think I might have to go. It’s important,” he announced, running to pick up his phone.

 

It was Hyungwon.

 

“Hello?” he said in a low voice, not wanting to disturb his class even more.

 

“He called me today,” Hyungwon whispered quickly.

 

Hoseok picked up his bag and scurried out of the room. “Who called you?”

 

“Jinhwan...you know, that guy. My ex.”

 

“Yes, you told me about him. Why did he call you?”

 

Hyungwon shushed him and was silent for a few seconds. “There's no time to explain. He said he was gonna get me, and he was outside the building when I was about to leave for dance.”

 

“Has he moved?” Hoseok asked, walking briskly towards Hyungwon's apartment. He was determined to give that Jinhwan a piece of his mind.

 

“He's definitely inside by now. Don't know if he's past the landlady.”

 

“Stay calm. I'm going to hang up now—”

 

“No,” Hyungwon said, his voice raising slightly. “Please, don't hang up.”

 

“I can't run with the phone at my ear.” Hoseok felt bad, but it was the truth. He didn't know how much time he had before that guy knocked on Hyungwon’s door.

 

“Just leave the call on. You don't have to talk. I'm ing scared.”

 

Hoseok picked up the pace. “I’ll leave the call open, but I have to say bye for now. I'll tell you when I get to your place.”

 

And then, he ran.

 

Thankfully, Hyungwon’s apartment was not too far from the dance studio, and Hoseok was a fast runner. He could only hope that the man was still being questioned by the landlady. But if the landlady questioned someone for that long...how would Hoseok ever get to Hyungwon? Despite all the times he visited the model, he had never seen the landlady because he always came after the doors were locked.

 

He burst through the door, plan in mind.

 

“Good afternoon. What are—”

 

“Shin Hoseok, friend of Chae Hyungwon,” he said breathlessly, scrolling through his phone. “This is us,” he said, holding up a picture he had taken of the two of them. “Please let me in.” He ran past her without waiting for her reply. It only took a few seconds to fly up the stairs (he was surprised he didn't trip) and he ran down the completely empty hallway to Hyungwon’s apartment.

 

“Hyungwon,” he said into the phone. “I'm outside your door.”

 

There was a shuffling from inside the apartment, then the clicking of locks before the door was opened. Hyungwon was standing there, eyes shaking and face pale. “Where did he go?”

 

“I didn't even see him,” Hoseok announced, sending a glance down both ends of the hall. “Maybe he didn't get in.”

 

“How did you get in?” he asked, pulling the dancer into the room so he could close the door. He clicked every lock again.

 

“Said I was your friend and showed her a picture of us. She never actually said I could come, though.”

 

Hyungwon groaned. “God, Hoseok. You are crazy.” They sat in silence for a bit. “I'm really happy you’re here.” He held out his arms for a hug, and, of course, Hoseok accepted. “I was so damn scared. I still am, but now I'm safe.”

 

Hoseok could feel his face heating up, and he was glad Hyungwon wouldn't see his blush. “I'm glad you called me. Now, do you want to tell me exactly what happened.”

 

Hyungwon nodded, though he seemed reluctant. “Well, that new job my manager found… he’s modeling for it too. And he came to me in the dressing room and said this about how he missed me, but I said...I said I was over him. A stylist came in just then, so he left, and we didn't talk until he called me almost an hour ago. He said ‘I'm coming to your place, and if you—’” Hyungwon covered his face with his hands and let out a single sob. “He was going to hurt me if I didn't open up.”

 

Hoseok rubbed circles into Hyungwon’s back. He wanted to say something, but didn't know what to say.

 

The model looked up and smiled a little, though it was somber. “You'll protect me, right?”

 

“Of course, I will.”

 

Hyungwon nodded and leaned into Hoseok’s touch. The smile had completely disappeared from his face, and he looked worried. “C–can I sleep at your place? If it's not too much of a burden.”

 

Hoseok tilted his head to see Hyungwon’s face. “It's not a burden at all. I'm here to protect you, aren't I?”

 

“Thanks, Hoseok,” Hyungwon said shyly.

 

“I wouldn't want you staying here anyways. Let’s pack up some stuff so you're comfortable.”

 

Hyungwon nodded and got off the bed. Once he had retrieved an empty backpack from under his bed, he got to folding up a set of clothes for the next day and rolled up his pajamas. Then, he slipped his feet into his sneakers, not bothering to untie them. “Let’s get going.”

 

They trudged down the stairs to the annoyance of the landlady who was sitting in the same chair as before. Hoseok considered apologizing for his frantic behavior, but Hyungwon had a hand on his back and pushed him along. “She might hate me,” he whispered when they exited the building.

 

“She hates everyone,” Hyungwon said. “I used to smile at her, but she—”

 

All of a sudden, a tall figure stepped out from the alley near the apartment building. Hyungwon jumped and hugged his arms into his chest. Is this Jiwon? Hoseok thought to himself. His question was answered when the man spoke up.

 

“Hyungwonnie, where are you going?”

 

Hoseok stepped forward. Although Jiwon was tall, Hoseok knew that they were equal in strength. Fighting him might prove to be difficult, but he was going to try to settle things without throwing a punch. “It's none of your business. You decided that Hyungwon was none of your business a long time ago.”

 

“Who do you think you are?” the man sneered, puffing out his chest. (Hoseok would be lying to say he wasn't intimidated by the action.)

 

“Shin Hoseok. Nice to meet you.” There was no sincerity in his statement, of course. “I know all about you, Jiwon, and you better stay away from Hyungwon if you want to see the light of day again.”

 

Jiwon stepped forward but was stopped by Hoseok’s outstretched hands. “Are you trying to pick a fight?”

 

“Not at all.” He tried to keep his voice calm and steady, despite the rapid beating in his chest. “If you listen to me, you won't get hurt.”

 

“What the hell makes you think you can hurt me?”

 

“Don’t underestimate me. I will protect Hyungwon with my life.”

 

By now, there was smoke blowing from Jiwon’s ears. “He's mine.”

 

“You don't love him like I do,” Hoseok blurted out, looking nervously at Hyungwon. Did I just say I love him? I don't have the right to say that .

 

In his distraction, Jiwon lashed out and grabbed Hyungwon’s sweatshirt. The model yelped and smashed a fist down on Jiwon’s wrist. “ing let go of me!” he screamed.

 

Hoseok twisted Jiwon’s arm, forcing him to release his grip on Hyungwon. The horrid man whimpered as his arm was twisted further and his body hunched over. “You’ll be kissing the pavement in two seconds if you try anything else.”

 

Jiwon wasn't too bright, apparently, because he swung a leg out to kick Hoseok, who took it as an opportunity to knock out the back of his knee, sending Jiwon to the ground. He kept his lock on the man’s arm even as he lay face down on the ground. “You don't listen, huh?” He knelt down and let Jiwon’s arm rest on his shoulder. “Well, listen to this: you stay away from Hyungwon, because if I find you've been bothering him, you're in for something more than just a face to the ground. Understand?” When he was met with silence from the older model, he put more pressure on his arm. “ Understand? 

 

“Y–y–yes! Yes! Please—”

 

Hoseok released his arm and stepped back a safe distance, pulling Hyungwon with him. Jiwon was starting to get up (which Hoseok figured was a good sign, because he didn't want the police to show up and question him for killing a man) and ran back down the way he came.

 

“Hoseok…” Hyungwon said weakly, fingers brushing against the dancer’s hand. “I love you, too. Thank you. Thank you,” his voice was thick and shaky.

 

“It was nothing, Hyungwon.” He stepped in front of the younger and saw the tears rolling down his cheeks. “Don't cry.” He brought his hands up to Hyungwon’s face and wiped away the tears.

 

“Did you hear me?” Hyungwon’s bony fingers touched Hoseok’s wrist. “I–I love you.”

 

Hoseok frowned. “You don't need to say that just because I—” He was cut off by Hyungwon’s soft lips pressed against his. He had only felt those lips once before, though they had been rushed and needy then. This kiss was soft and loving and romantic .

 

Hyungwon pulled away a little too soon for Hoseok’s liking and rested their foreheads together. “Heh…still looking for a boyfriend?” The younger smiled sheepishly.

 

“Only if it's you.”

 

“Of course it's me. Why else would I ask?”

 

Hoseok laughed and pinched Hyungwon’s cheeks. “I don't know.” He looked at his new boyfriend before asking, “Do you want to get ice cream?” Hyungwon nodded excitedly, making the older chuckle. “Come on. We can eat it on the way to my dorm.”

 

They each got a cone, strawberry for Hoseok and chocolate for Hyungwon. People sent weird looks to their linked hands, but they didn't care.



 

Hoseok led the way through the dorm building. “Now, my roommate’s boyfriend has been living in there with us. I'll introduce you to them, but they already know about you.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “And I apologize in advance for any rude behavior.”

 

They had arrived at the door, and Hoseok unlocked it and stepped inside. Hyunwoo was lying in bed, Minhyuk’s head on his shoulder. They weren't sleeping or watching anything—just resting in each other’s presence. Normally, Hoseok would have felt jealous, but now he had someone he could call his own.

 

“Hey,” the dancer greeted, a hand on Hyungwon’s back. “Um, this is Hyungwon. He’s going to stay with us tonight.”

 

Minhyuk sat up and smiled brightly. “I'm Minhyuk! I stay here illegally, too!”

 

Hyungwon laughed a little at that.

 

“Uh, I'm Hyunwoo,” the oldest in the room said. “This is actually my room.”

 

“It's nice to meet you guys. I'm...I’m Hoseok’s boyfriend.”

 

Minhyuk lit up. “I knew it would happen at some point. Was it the tight pants? I bet it was that.”

 

“Min—”

 

“I picked out those pants, you know. Hey, Hyunwoo, I definitely got these two together!”

 

Hoseok held out his hands. “Minhyuk, we literally just got together, not even an hour ago.” The happy boy’s face dropped and Hoseok felt genuinely sorry for saying that. “But, uh, the pants played a big role!” He nervously turned to Hyungwon, who was hiding his smile with his hand.

 

“They did. Thank you for making him wear them.”

 

Minhyuk’s smile returned. “Any time.”

 

Hyunwoo sat up. “Uh, Hyungwon...are you going to be moving in?”

 

The model shook his head. “Just need to get out of my place for a while.”

 

“Ah. Is it on campus?”

 

He shook his head again. “No. I'm not a student right now. I only come for the dance club.”

 

Hyunwoo nodded, seeming pleased with Hoseok’s boyfriend. “Well, you can stay whenever you want.”

 

Hyungwon muttered a shy “thank you” and was pulled away by Hoseok.

 

“You wanna get dressed, babe?”

 

The younger’s face turned pink at the name. “Okay.” He took off his backpack and pulled out his pajamas.

 

“I'll bring you to the bathrooms.” Hoseok grabbed his own clothes and took Hyungwon’s hand to lead him to the dorm’s bathrooms. “I'm so happy,” he said as they were walking down the hallway.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because of you.”

 

“That's it?” There was a bit of tease in Hyungwon’s voice.

 

Hoseok thought for a moment. “Well, that you’re here, with me. And we’re going to sleep next to each other tonight. And you’re all mine. And I love you, and you feel the same.”

 

“You’re cheesy,” Hyungwon said, squirming his hand away.

 

“Yeah, you like it, though,” said the older, linking their hands together again.

 

Each of the four stalls in the bathroom were occupied, so Hoseok offered to wait outside Hyungwon’s door while he changed.

 

“You know,” Hyungwon said, curling his fingers around Hoseok’s wrist, “you can come in with me.”

 

Hoseok smiled, slipping through the door. As they got dressed, he could feel Hyungwon’s eyes traveling down his body. “Like it?” he whispered, hoping none of the other guys suspected anything.

 

Hyungwon nodded, and Hoseok took his chance to give him a kiss. The younger’s hands rested on Hoseok’s chest, then slid to caress his arms. Hoseok noticed that Hyungwon was still wearing an undershirt. He stopped the kiss to pull it off, but Hyungwon’s hands stopped him. Hoseok raised an eyebrow and Hyungwon pursed his lips. “It's not good,” he whispered. Hoseok shook his head and kissed Hyungwon’s cheek. The younger finally gave in and allowed his shirt to be taken off.

 

Hyungwon wasn't very muscular, if that's what he meant, but he sure didn't have a bad body (in Hoseok’s opinion, at least). He peppered kisses over Hyungwon’s neck and chest, and the younger’s breathing quickened. Hoseok looked up for a second to see Hyungwon staring at him lovingly. The older smiled and continued his was down Hyungwon’s torso.

 

Of course, Hoseok being the playful person he is, brushed his lips over Hyungwon’s side. The younger shuddered, obviously a bit ticklish there, so Hoseok did it again, this time wriggling his fingers on Hyungwon’s other side. The younger yelped and slapped Hoseok’s hand away.

 

“Hey, what's going on in there?” a voice called from somewhere in the bathroom.

 

Both froze and looked at each other. “I'm getting dressed,” Hoseok called back.

 

“Sure doesn't sound like it,” the voice mumbled.

 

Hyungwon covered his face in his hands and Hoseok squeezed his arm. It's okay , he mouthed when the younger had looked up. He placed another kiss on his cheek before getting dressed.

 

They slipped out of the bathroom as quickly as possible, Hoseok saying how cute Hyungwon was. The younger smiled sheepishly.

 

Hoseok’s room wasn't completely dark when they got there, but it was clear that Minhyuk and Hyunwoo were going to sleep. “You wanna sleep now, or watch something.”

 

Hyungwon shrugged. “You have a class tomorrow morning, right?” Hoseok nodded, because he knew Hyungwon could tell if he was lying. “Let’s sleep, then.”



 

The next day, Hoseok anxiously waited for his classes to end. Hyungwon said that he was going back to his apartment for a while, and would meet Hoseok at a cafe when the older had finished everything he needed to do. It was the same cafe they had met up at before, when they were still “just friends.” He was so excited to be meeting up to go on their first real date that by the time his last class ended, he was bolting out the door and across the campus.

 

When he arrived at the cafe, he was completely out of breath. It took him a second to find Hyungwon, seated at the same high table he was that first time. “You're three minutes late,” he said, matter of factly.

 

Hoseok hoisted himself into the chair, still disappointed that his feet couldn't reach the floor. “I bet you've been here for the past ten minutes.”

 

“You know me so well,” Hyungwon laughed.

 

They ordered coffees and snacks for the next few hours, Hoseok sure that the waiters were tired of them being there. They talked until a cashier came over to them and said they were closing the place for the night.

 

“Do you wanna pass through the park on our way home?” Hyungwon asked, linking his fingers with Hoseok’s.

 

The older smiled at the way Hyungwon said “home.” Although Hoseok still lived at the dorms, he spent his weekends with Hyungwon inside his little apartment. “Let's go,” he said. They walked hand in hand through the park, watching the sun set.

 

“I wanna stay like this for as long as I can,” Hyungwon said, leaning into his boyfriend.

 

Hoseok smiled. “Me too.”



 

Love. That was all Hoseok ever wanted. He wanted someone who actually cared for him and wanted to be with him for who he was inside, not his appearance. Two months ago, he would have thought it was impossible for him to ever find himself in a loving relationship. But two months ago, he didn't know Hyungwon.