Final

New Years Eve

"Hey Seokmin!" Seungcheol patted his back a little too hard. "I'm glad you could make it!" Seokmin tried to smile. "Me too." He grimaced. "Go ahead make yourself at home. Just don't forget the one crucial rule. No giving out your name." The older gestured to his large apartment that was filled to the brim with people. "Wait!" The older stopped Seokmin before he could step any further. "You can take off your mask after the clock strikes twelve." "Thanks Cheol." He sighed after turning away from the older.

The only reason why Seokmin was here was because he had nothing better to do and it got lonely in the dorms. His never to be seen roommate barged into their room with a girl attached to him and Seungcheol had invited him to his party an hour prior. Maybe going to a party wasn't such a bad idea compared to seeing his roommate getting it on with some random girl down the hall.

-

"SEOKMIN!!!" Someone yelled as Seokmin was walking back to his dorm to wallow in his loneliness. The said male turned around to see Choi Seungcheol running straight at him. "Yes?" He raised a brow. "Come to my New Years party at my apartment! Ten o clock sharp!" Seungcheol handed him an invitation card. "Thanks man. I might not be able to make it. I'm feeling a little sick." Lies. Seokmin just wanted to sleep early and wake up in the new year. "That's alright. I hope you feel better soon!" With that Seungcheol took off to hunt down his many friends.

He flipped over the card to see it was a themed party. It was typical of Choi Seungcheol to choose such a theme, he was secretly dying to seduce that short fairy kid Jihoon. Just the thought of himself calling Jihoon a fairy shook him out of his thoughts and made him shiver. If Jihoon heard him he'd be dead by now.

-

Seokmin picked up a drink from the makeshift bar and took a sip. "Not half bad." He thought. He walked out onto the rooftop, looking over the city of Seoul. "Hey Min." He heard someone call out from behind him, it was obvious who was behind the mask. It was none other than Lee Jihoon. "Why are you out here alone?" "It's too crowded in there. I just wanted to get away from my roommate." Seokmin answered. "You mean the roommate that never comes back to the dorm room when you're there?" He looked baffled. "Jihoon I'm always in my room, except when I go to class or go out to eat." "Exactly. You're probably out of your room for about four hours tops."

Seokmin shrugged. "It's not like I have anything better to do." Jihoon agreed with him. "Why didn't you want to be in your room when he was there anyways?" "He was making out with some girl. I just grabbed my stuff, went to the bathroom to change and rushed here." Seokmin sighed taking another sip of his alcoholic drink. "That's one way to get Lee Seokmin out of his room." Jihoon joked. "Definitely." He frowned. "Anyways I'm going to get back to the party. Don't want to miss all the fun."

Seokmin couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. He heard footsteps behind him but he didn't bother to turn around. "Hi!" A voice said behind him. Seokmin turned around to see a boy around his age in a black suit and a royal blue faux suede mask. "Hello." He answered.

"That mask suits you." The other boy smiled, his eyes partially hidden by the mask, Seokmin was sure he saw eyes that mimicked 10:10. He didn't want to jump to conclusions. "Thanks. Although this was really last minute." He admitted. Seokmin was in a royal blue suit and had a black faux suede mask. Before the other could answer Seungcheol burst out onto the rooftop. "Hey!" He put his arm around both males. "Did you two plan to match?" "What? Plan to match?" Seokmin sputtered. The other male looked at both of their outfits. "It sure looks like we did." The other male chuckled.

"Mind coming in and helping me with Jihoon?" Seungcheol whispered. "WOW. Way to give yourself away." Seokmin sarcastically stated. "Hush you. Come on." Seungcheol dragged the other male away. Just when things were going well. Seokmin sighed and finish the rest of the contents of his cup. It started to get cold out on the rooftop so he decided to go back inside.

Seungcheol's apartment started feeling like a sauna with all the other guests grinding up against each other to the music. Now Seokmin looked like a lonely idiot as he stood by the bar alone. "Hey!" A familiar voice caught Seokmin's attention. "I'm glad your alone!" This made Seokmin's brow rise in confusion. "I mean, I wanted to talk to you more but Seungcheol dragged me away." He nervously laughed. "Oh. That's alright." Seokmin smiled. "Why don't we go back out onto the roof. It's not a sauna out there." The boy took Seokmin by the hand and led him through the crowd.

Seokmin didn't want to go back out there because it was absolutely freezing, but at the same time he didn't want to miss his chance of spending time with such an interesting person. Fairy lights were strung along the walls and added a romantic feeling to the night. They sat by the edge talking for what felt like hours and watched as many others celebrated New Year's Eve through the large glass windows.

"Are you cold?" The other boy asked. Seokmin nodded. Suddenly he felt something behind draped over his shoulder. It was a silky black blanket that must have come from Seungcheol's apartment. "Thanks." Seokmin leaned onto the other male's shoulder. The blanket was pulled tightly over the two, keeping them warm in the cold night.

"Ten!" Voices were heard from around the apartment. "Nine!" Seokmin looked at the stranger beside him. "Eight!" The voices around them started to seem further away. "Do you uh..." "Seven!" The stranger ruffled his hair. "Six!" "New Years tradition right?" They tried to reason. "Five!" Seokmin thought about it. "Four!" What if the stranger wasn't good looking? "Three!" But what if he is? "Two!' "You don't have to if you don-" "One!" Seokmin grabbed the stranger by his neck and crashed his lips against the other's.

People yelling "Happy New Year!" surrounded them. Seokmin pulled away. "Happy New Years." He said quietly and turned away to hide his blush. The stranger reached behind Seokmin's head and pulled at the bow that kept his mask in place. Seokmin gasped at the feeling of his mask falling off. "Seungcheol's rules right?" The stranger chuckled and reached behind his own head to untie the bow.

"Soonyoung?" Seokmin's eyes widened. "Seokmin." The other male answered. "Thanks for spending New Year's Eve with me." He smiled and leaned in to kiss Seokmin again.


Happy New Years loves!

I hope you enjoyed and have a nice day/night/everyday ♡

» | • 느낌아니까 • | «