Chapter 34: Reflection

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

The sound of my shoes can be heard through out the hallway. Everyone's looking at me but I didn't bother to look at them back. Whispers and Gossips are all about me with those judgemental eyes. 

Scratches on my head and on my hands are still visible. There are still Bandages around my arm that seems to gather attention. 

As I walked ,most of them made way for me as if I'm a monster. Maybe it's the way that I dress that somehow makes me looked different? Or maybe it's my injuries?

The sound of my earrings are like little bells which can calm me. Yes. I finally got my earrings back or more like stole it back. All of them fitted me perfectly.It's from my mother's and It's mine. No one can own it except me.

The bell rang and most of them hurried on their assigned classes but I didn't bother to fasten my pace. I just walked slowly without care. Why hurry? I didn't want to waste my energy just to be on time.

After 4 minutes and a half, I finally reached our classroom. Mr. Lay is teaching already and I can see that in the classroom door's window. 

Should I get in? How can I face them when I'm at this state? I sighed as I knocked and opened the door calmy. 

The sound of the door was heard as I stepped in ,facing the people I didn't see for like a week or two. And there's my cute bestfriend Doyoung. His mouth is wide opened and I want to close it so bad but I just smiled at him. 

My classmates' eyes are widened and so is Mr. Lay.

"Ten. Glad you're finally back." Mr. Lay showed a calming smile. "Feeling better?"

Did he know? Did he know what happened to me to be this calm? Whatever.

"Good Morning." I greeted and walked towards my seat only to see someone occupying it already. I stopped walking in the middle of the room.

"Ten, you see Uhmm. ." Mr. Lay uttered. "There had been some temporary changes but-"

"I see." I stared at the person who's sitting on my chair. I know him. How could I forget. 

Taeyong is looking at me as if he wants to say something. So this is their plan? To make fun of me and my memory. I should have known.

"Ten, for now let's bring you to the -"

"Mr. Lay.." I showed my brightest smile. "You said that it's temporary right?" 

"Yup so-"

I turned to face him and continued to walked towards my chair. It's mine. I slapped my hand on the table making a loud thud which made everyone silent.
"You know, little guy.. You need to stand and pick another chair because that's my seat."

He smirked at me. "I'm sorry but this seat is already taken and there's no available seat left for you."

"Really?" I showed a friendly smile. "I didn't know someone will replace me so fast."

"Trying to play nice Little Ten?"

"Oww you know me?" I lied. I lied at me remembering anything. "Did we met before?"

"So it's true huh?" He chuckled. "What Kun said was true. Good for you not to remember me. My name is Winwin by the way." He offered his hand for me to shake. 

"My nickname is Ten." I gladly took his hand. "I don't want to bother you with my long name because we're not that close."

"So you already know right?" 

"What?"

"Ohh yeah. You don't." He smirked at me as I crossed my arms. "I'm dating him. HIM meaning Taeyong."

"Ten, that's not true. " Taeyong defended and stared coldy at him. "Will you stop that?!" 

"Ten." Jaehyun called. "Please calm down. "

Calm down? Bullsh*t. 

"Aww how sad." I made a sad face in front of him. "Don't worry. He's all yours. He meaning Taeyong."

"You're not going to say anything about us?" Winwin teased. "He is your ex right?"

"When?" I looked at Taeyong. "Did I even said yes to you? Sorry I have a bad memory."

"Ten Please-" Taeyong begged.

"You're so cold. You know that?" Winwin uttered.

"I know right?" I grinned as I pulled Winwin's collar that made him stood up. He's so light or is it that I'm strong? It doesn't matter now. 

I throwed him at the cold floor at the back. 

"TEN STOP THAT!" Mr. Lay shouted.

I looked back at my seat and it's now empty. That's good. I sitted calmy , now staring at Mr. Lay's angry face.

Winwin stood up, trying to get revenge from what I did but. "You b*tch!"

"Winwin, Mr. Lay told you to stop. It'll be a bad image if you'll hit me when you just moved here right?"

Winwin took a deep breath before grabbing his bag and walking out the classroom, banging the door hard.

"TEN, WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO HURT SOMEONE LIKE THAT?!!" Mr. Lay looked at me intensely. 

At the back of my mind, I just laughed. "Nah. I wasn't the first one who started the game right?" I looked at the shocked Taeyong right beside me. "Having fun destroying me with Winwin?"

"Ten, I didn't-" Taeyong tried to hold my hand but I moved it away from his reach.

I looked back at Mr. Lay. "Can we just start the class. It's getting boring now when all of you are staring at me. I'm not the star here you know."

Mr. Lay sighed heavily to calm himself and the class continued. Maybe he didn't want to send me to detention because of my condition. How sweet. 

-----

After a long time, the bell finally rang for lunch break. Judgemental stares are on me as I stayed on my seat, waiting for everyone to disappear. I putted my earphones as a way of escape.

I'm so lost in my own world that I didn't notice that the only people left in the room is me and Taeyong.

I looked at him, wondering what he wants. "What?"

"Are you alright?" Taeyong avoided Eye contact with me as he stared at his shoes. I removed one part of my earphones on my ear.

"Well, are you?" I asked back.

"To tell you the truth, No. No,I'm not alright." He clenched his fist. "What happened?"

I just stayed silent. 

"Did somebody hurted you?" He looked at my bruises and Bandages. "Please , I beg you. Tell me what happened. I wanted to help. " 

Nothing. I replied nothing. 

"If somebody did hurt you I'll kill -" I stopped him from speaking.

"You hurted me. You are the one who did Taeyong." I looked at him straight in the eyes. 

"Ten Im-"

"You hurted me so are you going to kill yourself?" I continued. "That's childish. Don't pretend you can always defend me when you are the one whose always killing me first.

"Ten, please listen." Taeyong begged. "I'm sorry for everything."

"Are you even aware of what you're apologizing to?" Is he stupid?

"I do. From the bottom of my heart I'm really really sorry for everything that I've done but I just wanted you to know that I really did love you and I still do."

"Please don't lie." It hurts me hearing all of this. I bit my lips, fighting my urge to cry. 

"I'm not lying."

"I remember everything. From the first day I met you."

He remained silent. 

"I know." He showed a faint smile. "It's a good thing you finally got your memories back but some part of me wants you to forget."

"Forget?" I chuckled. "Is that a joke? You want me to forget what all of you did?"

"You already suffered so much."

I stood up. "Glad you know." I went outside not minding my surroundings. I went to the comfort room and locked myself on one of the stalls. 

"Why is he like that?" I whispered to myself. 

Taeyong's POV:

Mr. Lay is teaching already and I didn't even bother to listen. Why am I still attending classes if I'm not going going to listen? Oh right. I'm still waiting for him.

Will he even come back? I'm scared but I'll wait. I'm not going to stop until I see him okay.

After few minutes, I heard someone made a sound on the door and opened it. He made small steps towards inside and that's when my heart skipped a beat. It's been so long. 

And my heart breaks for the nth time again. I looked at him from head to toe. It's lifeless. He is lifeless. 

There are bruises and bandages around his body. He has his earrings which suits him perfectly but makes him look so gloomy and unhappy. 

I felt my chest tightened. What ING HAPPENED?! Who hurted him to be in that bad state. Is that the reason he disappeared?! Did that Big brother of his hurted him?!

He greeted Mr. Lay and went towards his seat now occupied by Winwin, beside me. 

He began to argue with him. He is different. His presence is different. I'm speechless. 

I can't see the Ten I knew. I want to hold him and be the one to cover his painful wounds. 

Maybe he became a mirror. A mirror who was broken and reflected the things who made him like that. Who made him a shattered glass. And one of that was me.

The bell rang for lunch and I stayed. I stayed with him . 

"What?" He said when he noticed me.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I avoided Eye contact with him and stared at my shoes. That's all I can say. I feel so useless right now.

"Well, are you?" He asked back.

"To tell you the truth, No. No,I'm not alright." I clenched my fist. Just the thought of people hurting Ten makes me want to kill them all even if end up in jail . "What happened?" 

He just stayed silent. Is he giving me the silent treatment right now?!

"Did somebody hurted you?" I looked at his wounds. "Please , I beg you. Tell me what happened. I wanted to help. " 
Nothing. He replied nothing. 

"If somebody did hurt you I'll kill -" 

"You hurted me. You are the one who did Taeyong." He looked at me straight in the eyes. That's when I got the idea. Yes, he's not the same Ten I met at this school but he is now the Ten that I hurted before. He's the Ten who left and came back from his old self.

It's not the first time I saw him with injuries like this. He was bullied and I feel guilty about it.

"Ten Im-" 

"You hurted me so are you going to kill yourself?" He continued. "That's childish. Don't pretend you can always defend me when you are the one whose always killing me first.

"Ten, please listen." I begged. "I'm sorry for everything."

"Are you even aware of what you're apologizing to?"

"I do. From the bottom of my heart I'm really really sorry for everything that I've done but I just wanted you to know that I really did love you and I still do." It's true.

"Please don't lie." 

"I'm not lying."

"I remember everything. From the first day I met you."

I remained silent. I'm right.

"I know." I showed a faint smile. "It's a good thing you finally got your memories back but some part of me wants you to forget."

"Forget?" He chuckled treating it as a joke. "Is that a joke? You want me to forget what all of you did?"

"You already suffered so much." I want this to stop.

He stood up. "Glad you know." and left me all alone in the classroom. 

Tears fell from my eyes as I can't even move. I feel so weak and ed up. 

But I already made a desicion. No matter what Ten does to me, I'll accept it. I'll continue to love him even if he treats me coldly. 

" Let me treat your wounds even if I'll end up worsening it."