a b u s i v e

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: AYYYEE Y'ALLLL~ A COUPLE OF THINGS TODAY~

Firstly: I've made a poll on twitter (my twitter is @Un_Godly_Hours if y'all wanna hit me up sometimes idk) to decide whether or not should I put this scene in this chapter... 80 people voted~ And here are the results...

The choices were 'red' and 'lavender' --> 'red'= 49% and 'lavender'= 51% --> LAVENDER WON~ CONGRATS TO THE LAVENDER PEOPLE AYYEEE

So, the poll was to determine if y'all gon' get a locker room or not lol I was contemplating... Anyways, read on to find out what's the outcome haha (and I honestly, just chose two colors, like, it's not related to anything at all, it's just one of them is 'yes' while the other is 'no')

Secondly: Sadly, there will be NO SATURDAY UPDATES. I will be out the whole weekend in the middle of nowhere with no Wi-Fi, so.... I'M SO SORRY! 

Anyways, thank you so much for waiting and supporting~ ENJOY AND LEAVE FEEDBACKS~

###

 

 

 

 

 

    After checking about a million times that the perimeter was secured, Jaebum left his post. Riffle held tightly in his hands, he scurried through the bushes in fast speed. His earpiece picking up static sounds and glimpses of his teammates talking quietly. Jaebum muttered a little into the mic taped at his left cheek. He picked up his speed, whizzing past and planting himself against the trees’ trunk to cover himself. Leaning a little, Jaebum could see the opposing team gathered together in a group a four. Game on. 

 

 

    Stepping out from his hiding spot, Jaebum took his aim. In five second, without giving the opponents any time to react, Captain Im took out three guys. The fourth one seemed to picked up the danger and quickly took cover. Jaebum smirked, positioning his riffle to aim right at the bush in front. He pulled the trigger with no hesitation. And it was a hit. Right on the chest. The Captain smiled, proud that he’s living up to his title as the Best Firearm Wielder in the entire Sector. 

 

 

    A bit hung up on his own glory, Jaebum did not notice the laser beams pointing at him. 

 

 

    “JAEBUM!” Mark appeared out of nowhere and jumped in front of those beams’ line of sight. 

 

 

    Upon his name being shouted, Jaebum turned a round just to see Mark taking multiple bullets. “MARK! NO! YOU ING IDIOT!” Jaebum screamed in horror, watching as Mark’s body dropped to the dirt ground. 

 

 

    “No… You’re the idiot…” Mark grunted, writhing on the ground in pain. 

 

 

    The opponents took the chance and showed themselves. They surrounded the two agents in seconds. Mark and Jaebum were now stuck inside a circle of fire. There were about ten guys pointing their riffles at them. Jaebum crouched down and pulled Mark against him. “It’s okay… Mark… It’s okay…”

 

 

    Smilling, Mark could feel the pain increasing each time he tried to move a muscle. “Jaebum-ah, I’m sorry… You have to do this alone… I’m so sorry.”

 

 

    Jaebum shook his head, “no… This isn’t it… You can’t go. Not for saving my life. Mark…” Closing his eyes, the Captain exhaled heavily. “Mark, it’s time.”

 

 

    “No! Jaebum, don’t do it-"

 

 

    “JINYOUNG! KILL THEM!” Jaebum screamed on the top of his lungs, hugging Mark’s head towards his chest. 

 

 

    It was quiet for two seconds. The enemies held their breaths… And then… 

 

 

    Bullets ripping through the air like phoenixes cutting through the atmosphere with their beautiful wings. The opponents were confused as to where all these bullets where coming from. In the midst of their confusion, they started dropping one by one. Bullets were flying in all directions. It was impossible to detect the actual location when everything was happening way too fast for normal human eyes to comprehend. When it was all over, bullet shells scattered on the ground graciously. 

 

 

    Walking out with two rifles in his hands, Jinyoung’s expression wasn’t so peachy. He kept advancing forward towards Jaebum with a grim glint in his eyes. 

 

 

    Mark panicked, quickly shoving Jaebum away, “run! Jaebum, run!” 

 

 

    But Jaebum held on tightly, “ that. We ride and die together.”

 

 

    Jinyoung stopped right in front of them. 

 

 

    Jaebum scoffed, “I’m not scared of-"

 

 

    The trigger was pulled and Jaebum fell to the ground next to his best friend. 

 

 

    “Can’t believe I trusted you to keep him safe,” Vice Captain Park said, emotionless, as he picked up his lover. 

 

 

    “You…” Jaebum groaned, arm reaching out to Mark. “No… Mark… Please… Don’t leave me…”

 

 

    Swatting Jaebum’s hand away, Jinyoung smirked, “he’s mine now. Don’t you dare touch what’s mine.” 

 

 

    “ you!” 

 

 

    “No, thank you. Mark’s already doing that.” 

 

 

    Sighing, Mark freed himself from his boyfriend’s hold and stood up. He patted himself and smoothed his paint-covered vest. “Okay. That was ridiculous. Jinyoung, we’re all teammates! You killed your own teammates?!” 

 

 

    Pouting, Jinyoung also stood up and clung onto Mark’s arm, “but he didn’t protect you properly!” 

 

 

    Jaebum looked offended, “excuse you! Mark was the one who jumped in front!”

 

 

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “Mark, babe, you should have just left him to die.” 

 

 

    “We were supposed to work together… ” Mark removed his headset and vest. He threw the riffle down, “I thought you two have the best partnership?” 

 

 

    “We do,” Jaebum also removed his headset and vest, “but you’re standing in our way, Mark. As long as you’re around, Jinyoung will forever hates me.” 

 

 

    “Anyways, we still won,” Jinyoung shrugged, swinging his riffles over his shoulders. “I killed all the rest before I heard Jaebum over here begging for revenge.” 

 

 

    “I wasn’t begging-"    

 

 

    “That scream was pretty damn loud, Bummie,” Mark laughed, “I’m surprised my eardrums survived that.” 

 

 

    “So dramatic.”

 

 

    “I know, right? Didn’t know he cares so much about me.”

 

 

    Jaebum cursed his fate, “I hate playing paintball with you two.” He stopped walking, just standing there and watching the backs of the two people he probably loves the most in his life. Grinning a little, Jaebum knew he’s never going to admit out-loud how happy he is to see Mark and Jinyoung walking together, holding each other’s hands, and laughing together. They have been dating for only about three weeks now. But it felt like those two have always been together since the start. Everything just feels so right. 

 

 

    “Mark, you look so good in combat uniform~” Jinyoung complimented, kissing his boyfriend’s cheek. “With the pants and combat boots and everything!” 

 

 

    “I literally look good in anything, sweetheart,” Mark returned the kiss with one on Jinyoung’s lips. “But you also look good, too~” 

 

 

    “N-not really…” And Jinyoung’s cheeks to turn red.

 

 

    “You’re the most beautiful person I’ve ever laid my eyes on, baby.” 

 

 

    Wanting to cringe at all this cheese, Jaebum opted for a chuckled instead. Mark’s always cheesy and sweet. And Jinyoung always blushes like crazy at everything Mark says. Cringe. But cute. 

 

 

    “Get a goddamn room!” Jaebum shouted from far behind. 

 

 

    “Shut the up, Im!” They both yelled back in unison. 

 

 

    Jaebum knew. He just knew. The way those two were eyeing each other. He knew those glances and smiles all too well. Because those were all Jaebum witnessed the past three weeks whenever his best friend and his Vice were within breathing distance from each other. Jaebum never thought Mark and Jinyoung would have higher ual drives than himself. Never thought how those two would be also. Never would have thought. The Captain sighed, “they’re going to in the locker room, aren’t they... I called it.” 

 

 

    And Captain Im made a turn, deciding to just wear this outfit and drive back to headquarters instead of even stepping a foot inside that unfortunate locker room. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “So you’re doing the raid alone?” Jackson should be showing a more worried face, but he was kind of used to Mark being this suicidal. “Wow. Should we make a statue for you? For being a ing hero and all?” 

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Mark looked seriously at the webcam, “stop that. It’s better this way. I’m not trying to be a hero. When have I ever?”

 

 

    “Um. All the damn time?” 

 

 

    “Jacks, chill, it’s easier to do it alone.” 

 

 

    “Yeah. Whatever. Go die.” 

 

 

    Taking a sip from his coffee, Mark shrugged, “I’m the only one who knows how to function Phoenix anyways. No one else within the unit know about this. You should understand that I’m using this opportunity to catch the head of the snake. I have my suspicious that these terrorists are related to this huge chain of human trafficking. Like I said before, the start of this chain linking Russia, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and South Korea is here, Jacks. You wouldn’t think South Korea would be the head, but Life is full of surprises. And I can’t miss this chance.” 

 

 

    Jackson sighed, running a hand through his freshly dyed raven locks, “you sure you don’t need me flying over there?”

 

 

    “No. You need to rest.” 

 

 

    “Thanks, buddy, but I’m pretty solid. That Bambam kid was quite a partner. We’re compatible in a lot of ways.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Oh, .” 

 

 

    “Wang,” Mark raised an eyebrow, “I know that look.” 

 

 

    Scratching his head, Jackson regretted accepting to this video call, “nothing gets past you, huh?” 

 

 

    “Nope.”

 

 

    “Okay. Fine. We ed. Like once. It was just…” Jackson failed his arms in frustration. “We were stuck in a damn rat hole for God knows how long. The tension was thick as . Something needed to be done.” 

 

 

    “Yeah. And apparently, ual was the right action to take.”

 

 

    “I hate you.” 

 

 

    “Hey, it’s okay. I get it,” Mark just smiled knowingly. 

 

 

    “Of course you would,” Jackson rolled his eyes, “how’s your boyfriend? I’ve been dying to ask. Oh, my God. I’m so excited! I heard from a little birdie that he’s like a ing God or some . Who exactly did you put your in?” 

 

 

    Mark grimaced at Jackson’s word choices. “Language. Anyways, um, you know Chairman Park?” 

 

 

    “Holy… Mother… Of… God…” Jackson’s jaw dropped open, eyes staring deadly at Mark through the laptop screen. “You’re not ing serious… No way, man! You’re joking! Chairman Park? THE Chairman Park?  You can’t be ing him! You ing bastard!” 

 

 

    “Yes, I’m dating him. Now stop using such foul terms. We’re having a video chat in my shared office. Have some manners. Anyone could walk in any moment.” 

 

 

    “Wow. Is he as beautiful like the news said? I’m not sure how he looks like, you know? Never paid attention to them business people. But I heard a lot about 'Mister Chairman,' that’s what they all called him, from my friends who are in the business field. I’m curious.” 

 

 

    Mark smiled softly, thinking about Jinyoung and his cute red cheeks and bright smiles and sparkling eyes and… “Yeah. He’s great.” 

 

 

    “Oh, . You’re whipped already?!” 

 

 

    “And?” 

 

 

    “Nothing,” Jackson grinned from ear-to-ear, “I’m super happy for you, man! You’re finally settling down!” 

 

 

    “Why does everyone says that? Was I that wild?” 

 

 

    “Boy, you were extremely wild. Thank God you’re with the most powerful person on Earth! He can put a leash on you at least.” 

 

 

    The agent laughed, not objecting to this at all. “Whatever. I’m fine being chained down to him.” 

 

 

    “I know~” 

 

 

    “But back on topic, before you start asking about my damn life for no reason-” Mark ran a hand through his hair and stared at the screen. 

 

 

    “Don’t need to. I’m already betting that you two are ing every single day in every place that y’all could get your hands on each other, which is everywhere. I’m lowkey jealous.” 

 

 

    “-As I was saying, you should rest well for now. I’ll handle this. If anything, I’ll let you know. But this raid isn’t supposed to be hard. It’s not like it’s something I can’t handle.” 

 

 

    “You said that to literally everything.” 

 

 

    “It’s true, though.” 

 

 

    “Show-off.” 

 

 

    “What?” 

 

 

    “I-"

 

 

    Looking up at the doors opening, Mark quickly sat up from his chair, “okay, Jacks. That’s all for today. I’ll update you later. Bye.”

 

 

    “Mark, wait-"

 

 

    Jinyoung walked in with a huge stack of files in his arms. Mark ended the call and hurried over to help his boyfriend. Even though Jinyoung didn’t seem to be struggling or anything, he still let Mark took over. “Talking to someone?”

 

 

    “Just a friend. Bambam’s partner in Brazil.” 

 

 

    Nodding, Jinyoung went behind his desk and sat down. He sighed, “I swear they hate us.” 

 

 

    “I’ll help you.” 

 

    

    “No. This is on me.” 

 

 

    “We both know you’re not going to finish that by the end of today, so just let me.” 

 

 

    “I could finish it!” Jinyoung held his head high. 

 

 

    Mark pursed his lips, “you could. But you wouldn’t.”

 

 

    “Not my fault you keep distracting me.” 

 

 

    “I never distracted you, Jinyoung-ah. I just sit here all day doing my own works.” 

 

 

    Scoffing, Jinyoung took a file and opened it, “whatever. I won’t win this argument anyways.” 

 

 

    “That’s because I’m right, sweetie,” Mark leaned down and kiss his boyfriend’s head. 

 

 

    “This was what I meant…” 

 

 

    “Oh, okay. Well, you should have just said so. All right. No more kisses from now on.” 

 

 

    “NO!” The younger whined, tugging at his boyfriend’s suit jacket and battling his eyelashes prettily. “Mark~” 

 

 

    “Stop it. I have work, too.” 

 

 

    “Mark-ah~” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung.”

 

 

    “Mark, please~” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “One more, please~” 

 

 

    Sighing, Mark leaned down again and let their lips gently pressed against each other’s. After a seconds, Mark pulled away, letting Jinyoung chased after his lips and whined for more. The older just smiled and ruffled his boyfriend’s hair before making his way back to his desk. Jinyoung pouted, putting up a whole act as if Mark just left him in the cold by himself. Mark winked and blew a kiss before shaking his head and turning back to typing away on his laptop. 

 

 

    Unable to be apart for long, Jinyoung gathered all the files, his cup of pens, and laptop. He set them all on his chair and rolled the chair over to Mark’s desk. Mark lifted an eyebrow, finding himself completely done with his boyfriend’s unnecessary tactics. Jinyoung just smiled back and kissed Mark’s cheek before settling down. Although Mark’s desk was a little bit smaller than Jinyoung’s, they didn’t have a problem sharing it. Besides, Mark was on the laptop most of the time. All the space was occupied by the files Jinyoung carried in. 

 

 

    The room fell into a calm silence as the two agents busied themselves. Surprisingly, Jinyoung wasn’t distracted at all. He’s more focused than he had ever been these past three weeks. Maybe it’s because he’s right next to Mark that he felt more at ease. As if Mark’s always here next to him. As if Mark is always here for him. And Jinyoung loves it. Sometimes he giggled to himself and rested his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder for a bit. Just to relax. Take a little break. Then he’ll feel refreshed. Sometimes he’ll steal glances, admiring what a piece of art Mark Tuan is and bit back a bright smile. Jinyoung thought he’s so damn lucky to have Mark. He’ll trade everything just to have Mark for himself forever. 

 

 

    “See? I didn’t do anything,” Mark suddenly said, reaching over to grab some of Jinyoung’s files, “I sit here, and you’re all giddy by yourself.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Maybe if you could stop staring at my pretty face, then you might finish everything.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “You could start doing that now, sweetheart,” the older finally made eyes-contact. He tilted his head to the side and flashed a charming smile, “but I’m hard to resist, huh?” 

 

 

    The crimson rose from Jinyoung’s neck up to his cheeks and ears. He hates how much a smile could affect him so much. Tearing his gaze from Mark’s gorgeous face, Jinyoung took interest in the mountain of paperworks in front of him instead. There was no response, so Jinyoung assumed that Mark must have had went back to working. The younger let a small sigh of relief. He was so close to jumping his boyfriend just seconds ago. Shaking his head immediately to erase the thoughts of him straddling Mark, Jinyoung cleared his throat and picked up his pen again. 

 

 

    Focus. Focus, Jinyoung-ah. Focus… 

 

 

    He chanted in his head to remind himself that they’re at work. Maybe later he can do it when they’re back at his place or something. But now, they’re working. Working. Strictly working-

 

 

    “Babe, that’s not how you write that,” Mark suddenly had his front pressed against Jinyoung’s back. The older s his arms around the younger and looped up in the free space between the younger’s chest and the desk. Pointing to the mistake, Mark casually rested his chin on Jinyoung’s shoulder, “see? You supposed to do it like this… Good grace, Jinyoung. It’s such a dumb mistake. How could you not see that?” 

 

 

    “I…” Jinyoung’s throat felt dry. He turned his head a little and did not expect to be meet with the side of his boyfriend’s face in half a millisecond. A tiny gasp escaped his mouth out of surprise. Since when did Mark… 

 

 

    “Hey, focus. Fix this.” 

 

 

    Easier said than done. How could Jinyoung focus? They’re literally sharing a goddamn chair right now. And Jinyoung’s basically perched on top of Mark’s lap. How did this even happen? 

 

 

    “Let me see,” taking the pen from Jinyoung’s hand, Mark decided to just fix it himself. “There you go. You welcome, baby.” And he kissed Jinyoung’s cheek. 

 

 

    “Ma-Mark…”

 

 

    “Hmmm?”

 

 

    “Wha-what do you want?”

 

 

    “What do you mean? I’m helping you.” 

 

 

    “I hate you.” 

 

 

    “Love you, too~” Mark laughed, pressing his forehead against Jinyoung’s shoulder blade. “I’m tired. Let stay like this for a while.” 

 

 

    Dropping his pen, Jinyoung crossed over and petted Mark’s head. He doesn’t know if that would work as comfort, but he wanted to do something. Maybe he doesn’t know what’s going on entirely, but he knew Mark has limits also. Like everyone else. Though, in Jinyoung’s eyes, his boyfriend is the most perfect being he had ever seen. But Mark’s human, and that’s an unchangeable fact. No matter how much convinced Jinyoung was that Mark’s an actual angel. 

 

 

    “Maybe I should go with you-"

 

 

    Tightened his arms around Jinyoung’s waist, Mark shook his head lightly, “no, it’s fine. I got this. It’s just… Phoenix is finally being brought out to see the light of day. I ed up back in Jeju. I can’t up this one. It’s too important this time.” 

 

 

    “But Mark, at least-"

 

 

    The next few words were swallowed by Mark’s mouth moving passionately against Jinyoung’s. Circling backwards around Mark’s neck, Jinyoung deepened the kiss, feeling the need to tell Mark how much he worries through his quivering lips and shaking hands. Jinyoung doesn’t want to let go. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Mark is his and his alone. His to love. His to protect. His to go home to. He would be homeless and lost without his Mark. Kissing Mark harder, Jinyoung thought he should be angry. He should be angry at how reckless Mark is. 

 

 

    “It’s okay, Jinyoung-ah,” Mark whispered into their kiss, “I’ll be fine.” 

 

 

    For the first time, Jinyoung was the person to break away. He turned his head, letting Mark leave little kisses on his neck. “I know. But just… You’re not Superman, Mark. You’re flesh and bones. You could die. And that’s what I’m scared of the most.” 

 

 

    “I’m not Superman, because I’m your man,” Mark grinned, nippling at the tip of Jinyoung’s pink ear. 

 

 

    “I’m being serious!” 

 

 

    “Okay, okay, okay, I’m sorry~” 

 

 

    “Anyways, promise me you’ll be careful?”

 

 

    “I’m always careful…”

 

 

    “Still!” 

 

 

    Snuggling his face into his boyfriend’s neck, Mark couldn’t stop a smile, “yeah, I promise.” He laced their fingers together and held on tight. 

 

 

    Jinyoung nodded, letting his worries subsided for now and leaned into Mark’s embrace comfortably. “Come back safely. Youngjae wants to meet you.” 

 

 

    “Awe~ But I thought we’ve already met?” 

 

 

    “I meant like sit down and have lunch with him. Again. Last time, he said, he didn’t have enough time to interrogate you because of his shift.”

 

 

    “What~ Interrogate? I’m not committing any crime, though?” 

 

 

    “Yeah, you did.” 

 

 

    “No, I didn’t-"

 

 

    “You stole my heart,” Jinyoung said quietly, hanging his head low to hide his red face. “That’s a crime…”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    Nudging Mark, Jinyoung whined, “say something! It took me so much to say that…”

 

 

    Burst out laughing after a few more seconds of silence, Mark’s body shook as he tried to control himself from attacking his lover with kisses. “You’re so ing cute. Oh, my God. You’re making me blush~” 

 

 

    “Really?” Jinyoung tried to turn his head back to see, but Mark kept him still. 

 

 

    “Stop it. I’m embarrassed,” Mark chuckled, grounding Jinyoung so the younger couldn’t see how red his face had become because of that lame cheesy joke. 

 

 

    “I want to see! Mark! Let me see!” Jinyoung wiggled wildly on Mark’s lap, desperately want to see if Mark’s red face matched his own.

 

 

    “Jin-" 

 

 

    Finally, Jinyoung struggled to turn his body. Straddling Mark’s lap, Jinyoung cupped Mark’s cheeks and lifted his entire face up. The moment his eyes met with the pretty rogue flaming on his boyfriend’s cheeks, Jinyoung’s face burned even redder. But he giggled, leaning down to kiss Mark’s lips sweetly. “You’re cute~” 

 

 

    Mark rolled his eyes, avoiding Jinyoung’s loving gaze, “you’re the one to say. Your face is redder than mine.”

 

 

    Kissing Mark’s soft lips again, Jinyoung smiled wide, “I love you.” 

 

 

    “I love you, too,” Mark said, rubbing small circles on Jinyoung’s ribs as he looked up and matched the sparkles shining in his lover’s eyes. 

 

 

    “Love you more-" 

 

 

    “WHAT THE ?!” Jaebum’s loud voice ripped through the couple’s eardrums. “SERIOUSLY?! I SAID NO ING IN THE WORKPLACE!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung widened his eyes, realizing he really did ended up straddling Mark. “I-I… Jaebum, I- We weren’t-"

 

 

    “ you, Jaebum,” Mark tiredly pinched the bridge of his nose, “I was so ing close to get him to bend over my desk.” 

 

 

    “MARK!” Both Jaebum and Jinyoung shouted at the same time. 

 

 

    “What?! What was I supposed to do when you’re already straddling me? Say no?” Mark scoffed, “I think the not. Your body clearly wants me. So-"

 

 

    “TUAN!” 

 

    

    “Fine!” Raising his arms in surrender, Mark exhaled heavily, “I’m the bad guy.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung won’t stop blushing as the situation just gets worse. “Mark, how could you took advantage of me…” 

 

 

    “Baby, I wasn’t,” Mark glared at Jaebum, “and why the do you always walk in on the most important moments? Come on! I thought we’re best friends! You should know to not your own ride-and-die buddy!” 

 

 

 

    “Mark…” Jaebum breathed slowly, calming himself. “Your raid is tomorrow, goddamnit. Get some ing rest. Jinyoung, I order you to not stay over at the suite or invite Mark to your place for dinner. Wait… You know what, for the rest of the day, I’m banning you two from seeing each other.” 

 

 

    “What?! Jaebum!” Jinyoung felt like pulling his hair out. “I can’t!” It’s true. Jinyoung can’t stand being apart from his Mark even for five minutes. 

 

 

    “Yes, you can!” The Captain roared, “and Mark, I want you to be well prepared for tomorrow. PLEASE.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung looked like he’s about to cry, “Captain, you can’t do that! We won’t have ! I promise! But I need-"

 

 

    “I don’t give a about your needs!” 

 

 

    “But-"

 

 

    Mark patted Jinyoung’s back and smiled warmly, “it’s okay, sweetheart. It’s only an afternoon and a night. I’ll see you tomorrow?” 

 

 

    Pouting, Jinyoung turned his head towards Jaebum, “can we at least video call?” Biting his lower lip, Jinyoung’s eyes were practically begging for Jaebum to say a simple ‘yes.’

 

 

    Sighing, Jaebum nodded, “yeah. But ONLY video call. No .” He pointed accusing finger at the pair. “I have a daily life, too. So I know there’s a thing called video . Don’t even ing think about it.”  

 

 

    “He clearly doesn’t look like he knows about it, Jaebummie,” Mark pointed at Jinyoung, “now, you’re giving him ideas.”

 

 

    “…” 

 

 

    Jinyoung’s eyes lit up, “you could do that? So it’s like phone but through the screen?”

 

 

    Jaebum panicked, “um, Jinyoung-"

 

 

    Mark shrugged, “told ya.” 

 

 

    “Mark, can we-"

 

 

    “NO. PARK JINYOUNG.” Captain Im objected before another word of request could reach Mark’s ears. Because he knew his best friend all too well. Mark would totally spoil Jinyoung. And they’re going to go through with that video call . 

 

 

    Like a kicked puppy, Jinyoung’s shoulders dropped and he slouched over towards his boyfriend’s body. “Mark…” 

 

 

    “Hey, you didn’t have to yell. What the ?” Mark gave his best friend a warning look. 

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Jaebum held his ground, “anyways, that’s my order. Both of you have to follow through. Or I’ll pull Mark to work in my office instead-"

 

 

    “NO! I’m sorry! Okay?! I’ll follow orders!” Jinyoung hugged Mark’s face to his chest, eyes glassy like he’s really going to cry. “Just don’t separate us, please…” 

 

 

    Mark smiled, hugging his boyfriend’s waist and breathing in the cologne on Jinyoung’s body. He relaxed, feeling lighthearted and happy. Mark could do this for the whole day. Hell, he could do this forever. Just having Jinyoung fitting perfectly in his arms like this. He loves it.

 

 

    “Then why the are you still on his lap? GET. OFF.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir!” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Suzy slid her thumb across the screen of her phone to answer the call. “Hello?”

 

 

    “Have you done it?” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir. Everything’s all set,” she replied, looking back at the government’s bulletproof SUV parked in the garage of the K.N.S.S. headquarters. 

 

 

    “You sure?” 

 

 

    She wanted to sigh and rolled her eyes but ended up with a neutral, “yes, sir.” 

 

 

    “Perfect. Wonderful. This better work, Suzy.” 

 

 

    “Don’t worry about it, sir. I know what I’m doing.” 

 

 

    “We’ll see about that.” 

 

 

    The line hung up. Suzy released the breath she’s been holding throughout the short phone call. Just to make certain, she walked back to the SUV. Crouching down under the vehicle, Suzy reached in to adjust the black package of gunpowder. When she was sure everything was in its place, she got up and pulled off her leather gloves. It was her idea to do this. If this doesn’t work, then she’ll has a lot of explaining to do to the man above. But everything should work out. Tomorrow, all those terrorists needed to do was lure the agent to his car and starts shooting under the car to set off the explosives. Easy. Can’t be too hard. 

 

 

    Especially when Suzy will be the one who’s delivering this exact SUV to Agent Tuan after he gets cornered and forced out of that warehouse. There should be no mistakes. 

 

 

    For the sake of her career, there won’t be any mistakes. 

 

 

    Her second phone, the phone she actually uses regularly, buzzed annoyingly inside her pants’ pocket. Suzy took out the device and answered the call, “hello.”

 

 

    “Suzy-ah!” 

 

 

    “Youngjae?” 

 

 

    “Mmhmm. Are you done for today?” 

 

 

    “Um,” Suzy glanced over the SUV for the last time, “yeah.” 

 

 

    “Great. I’ll come pick you up?” 

 

 

    Suzy smiled, “no, I’ll come to you.” 

 

 

    Youngjae laughed, “okay then. I’ll see you in a bit then. Okay, babe?” 

 

 

    “Yeah. I’ll see you.” 

 

 

    Hanging up, she felt it again. That ugly guilt clawing at her chest.