Haejun x Sunghyun

Light Reads | BOYS24

(Thanks to the awesome h:our that requested this~ it was..actually quite fun to write xD)

Of Heartbreaks and Comfort

 

           

 

 

It was just a normal day at the practise room. Their concert just ended for the week and they started practising bright and early the next morning just to ensure that they’ll showcase perfect performances for the next round of concerts. Each unit had a different practise room because well…cramping 28 loud and hyperactive boys in one room is just asking for trouble.

Haejun is in Unit White’s practise room. They were all taking a break after practising their choreography for ‘Boom’.

“good job, guys! Rest for ten minutes and then we’ll continue” Doha instructed.  The rest of the unit members just agreed to their leader’s orders.

Haejun sat against the wall, drinking a few sips of his energy drink and occassionally taking a few glances at Doha…observing his actions.

Everything Doha does just seem to intrigue the unit’s self-proclaimed y icon…even if he’s just sitting around and doing nothing, Haejun feels like he should just….observe. He doesn’t want to miss his actions for even a nanosecond. No matter what Doha does, it always seem to make Haejun’s heart beat twice as fast.

Lee Haejun…is hopelessly in love with Park Doha.

Since the start of the whole survival show, honestly. The first time Haejun saw him, he knew he was totally screwed…and the fact that the dude acts like a total angel doesn’t help at all.

There are times in which Doha actually caught him staring. Obviously he was worried as to how Doha would react. However, everytime he was caught, Doha would just smile and look away.

And that’s another thing…his smile. His smile is always calming and the dimples made it even more beautiful. It’s definitely one of his features that always make Haejun feel warm most of the time…but it also manages to make hiss stomach do tons of flips.

Yup…he’s definitely screwed.

“Haejun hyung!” the voice calling his name snapped him out of his train of thoughts. He turned to his right and saw Sunghyun walking towards him before sitting down next to him.

“are you really gonna be that obvious?” Sunghyun asked. Haejun just gave him a confused expression.

“obvious about what?” the question made Sunghyun roll his eyes.

“even a blind dude who’s deaf could tell that you have the hots for Doha hyung~ I mean..you’ve been staring at him for the past four minutes”

“are you like..stalking me or something?”

“not the point, hyung..don’t change the subject”

Haejun let out a sigh and looked down.

“why don’t you say something? Like…I dunno..confess to the guy” Sunghyun continued.

“it’s not that easy.. I mean, look at him… he’s handsome, he’s nice, he’s not hot-tempered and I’m sure there are others who are also into him” Haejun answered while rolling his eyes, emphasizing his annoyance.

“well..then how much longer are you gonna hide your feelings and keep staring at him from afar like this?” Sungyun asked.

“I honestly don’t know…maybe I’ll tell him soon…if I finally have the guts to do it~ anyways, do you mind? My head hurts…” Haejun answered before resting his head on Sunghyun’s broad shoulders, earning a subtle protest from the other.

“what do you think I am? Your personal make-shift pillow?”  

“be quiet and don’t move…if I fall asleep, wake me up when he wants us to get back to practising” Haejun mumbled as he rested his left arm lightly on Sunghyun’s waist.

What Haejun doesn’t know…is the fact that the small action alone is making Sunghyun’s heart skip a beat.

Kim Sunghyun…has a crush on Lee Haejun.

He was the one that pushed the other to confess, when the truth is he can’t do the same thing for himself…since he knows that Haejun doesn’t like him that way. All he can do is…nothing. And that pains him a lot.

Sunghyun lifted his hand up and softly smoothed down Haejun’s dark brown locks as he stared at the sleeping boy.

Even your smallest actions make my heart go crazy… I wish I could tell you how I really feel about you, Lee Haejun…

||TIME SHIP_BOYS24 HOUSE – 9 PM|| (#nowplaying Tomorrow – Unit Sky/Yellow gosh I love that song so much! T_T)

Practise is over and they finally get to go back to the comfort of their respective shared houses. (I’m not sure how the boys are actually divided and who their roommates are so I’m just putting random people here~ just for the sake of the fic ^_^)

Haejun lied down on his bed in his shared room. The 28 boys are split into 3 separate houses, each house has 2 rooms, and 4 people share 1 room. Haejun shares his room with Jaehyun, Sungho and….

…Park-effin’-Doha.

As if he wasn’t screwed enough.

He was scrolling through his instagram feed when he heard the door open. Doha came inside all fresh as a daisy after showering. Haejun looked up but turned his gaze back to his phone abruptly.

“Hey~ did you take your shower?” he asked, drying his hair with a towel. Haejun gave him a nod.

“yeah, I did” he said, his eyes still on his phone.

“okay then… I’m gonna go help Jaehyun make dinner.. I’ll come and get you when it’s done”

“you don’t have to… I’m not hungry…”

It was really rare for him not to be hungry after practise..but he was really not in the mood to eat.

“Haejun-ah…is there something wrong?” Doha suddenly asked as he walked closer. Haejun didn’t really know what to say. Doha would always manage to tell if a member of his unit had a problem..or anyone in Boys24 for that matter. It was one of his qualities Haejun simply adored.

Actually there is something wrong..i really like you and I really wanna tell you but I just can’t bring myself to do it…

He really wanted to say those words.. but he just..can’t.

“nothing” He lied. Doha looked at him with concern before sitting on the foot of his bed.

“you know you can tell me anything, right?”

Haejun sighed as he sat up, setting his phone down.

“I’m just…exhausted..that’s all” he assured with a small smile. Doha suddenly came closer and englufed him in a hug.

“you’ve done a really amazing job so far….and I’m super proud of you.. I don’t know what I’d do without you here” he said softly, lightly patting Haejun’s back. That gesture alone made Haejun want to tear up. He bit his lip to stop himself from crying as he nuzzled into the older boy’s neck. After a while he felt Doha pull away.

“if you ever have any problems, just tell me…I’m always ready to listen..and I don’t want you to carry that burden alone..” he said, planting a soft kiss on Haejun’s forehead.

That’s my problem, hyung… everything you do makes my heart race..what do I do?

“thanks..” Haejun replied with a soft smile. The smile was returned with a much sweeter one as Doha got up from the bed.

“I better head outside before Jaehyun burns something…you sure you don’t wanna have dinner?”. Haejun just replied with a nod.

“alright then…sleep tight”

The next morning, practise went on as usual. It was Units White and Green’s turn for the concert at 8 PM and of course, Haejun couldn’t help but stare at his crush all through break time.

“you’re really starting to creep me out”. Haejun jumped slightly as he turned to see who was the voice’s owner.

“dang it, Kim Sunghyun..you almost gave me a heart attack” he said, trying to catch his breath. Sunghyun rolled his eyes and sat down next to him.

“if Doha hyung saw you while you were staring right into his soul…he’s gonna be the one getting a heart attack”

“what do you want anyways?”

“do I need a reason to chit-chat with my fav hyung?”

The statement made Haejun scoff.

“you’re just saying that because Inho hyung’s being all lovey-dovey with Jae now”

“no I’m not….” Sunghyun paused. “…well”

“I can’t believe you” Haejun responded.

“I’m joking~ stop being such a grumpy old man”. Suddenly, Sunghyun rested his chin on Haejun’s shoulder as his arms were wrapped loosely around the other boy’s waist. The close proximitity made Haejun feel slightly flustered.

“what are you doing?” he asked, trying to calm himself down.

“you slept while leaning against me the other time~ so now it’s my turn” Sunghyun replied. Haejun couldn’t really do anything. Everytime he moved, Sunghyun’s hold on his waist would tighten…so in the end he just let the boy rest until Doha said that they had to get ready for the concert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|| TIME SKIP_AFTER CONCERT ENDS || #nowplaying Love Operator – Unit Sky/Yellow that song is...awesome!

Their concert finally ended for the day and they made their way back to their house. Haejun kept glancing at Doha from time to time..he was acting kind of weird the whole day and he would sometimes space out. It was so unlike him.

All of them gathered to eat dinner made by Isaac and Hyunuk. They all ate in silence. They would sometimes make small talk as they ate..but most of the guys were tired.

“guys, can I have your attention please?” Doha suddenly spoke up. Everyone lifted their head and looked at him.

“I have something to tell you… I’ve been thinking about it a lot and I figured it’s about time I tell you guys about it” Sounds kinda serious.

“what is it?” Jaehyun asked.

Doha took a deep breath before answering, “I’m…dating someone”

At that moment Haejun’s heart sunk. The spoon he was holding dropped from his hand.

“oh well…chill, hyung~ I mean, we are allowed to date” Sungho spoke up.

“well, yeah.. I know that..but the thing is… I’m dating…a guy” Doha continued.

“so? I mean, I’m sure some of the other members are into guys as well~ Jaehyun said. He was always really supportive. “so when can we meet the lucky guy?”

“you already know him” Youngdoo suddenly spoke up. Now all attention was on him as he stood up and walked towards Doha. He leaned down and pressed a light kiss on the other’s lips.

At that moment, Haejun felt his entire world crashing down.

“about freakin’ finally!” Sungho suddenly spoke up after a long pause of silence. “don’t tell me you guys didn’t notice anything fishy about the two of them..I mean, it was obvious to me..and I’m in a different unit~ anyways, congrats Youngdoo hyung, Doha hyung”

Haejun stood up abruptly. He could hold back his tears anymore. Everyone was looking at him as he just stood there.

“Haejun-ah? Are you okay?” Isaac asked, feeling rather worried for his friend’s sudden action. Without saying anything, he ran out as the others were calling out to him.

Haejun just kept running as tears kept streaming down his pale cheeks. He went to the only place he could think of at the moment..the place he always goes to when he needs to be alone. Good thing he brought CJ’s company keycard.

Back at the house, Doha rang Inpyo and Inho to ask them if Haejun went to their place..but both of them said that Haejun wasn’t there..and the other members also had no clue where he was. Lots of questions were asked as to why Haejun would simply take off like that. Doha just told them not to worry and inform him if Haejun got in touch with any of the members. Isaac tried calling Haejun’s phone but his phone was switched off.

Suddenly, he heard the doorbell ring. Doha got up from the sofa and walked quickly to answer the door. He opened the door and saw Sunghyun standing there.

“Sunghyun-ah? D-did you find him?” he asked. Sunghyun shook his head.

“No..but..did something happen? Something that could make him angry?” he asked. Now it was Doha who shook his head.

“I..don’t think so…I mean, he was fine during dinner..but he suddenly ran off after….”Doha paused as he hesitated.

“after…? Please, hyung I need to know” Sunghyun pleaded.

“Doha-ya~ who’s at the door?” the both of them heard footsteps heading towards the door. The door opened slightly more, revealing Youngdoo.

“Sunghyun-ah?”

“guys..please tell me..did anything happen during dinner?” Sunghyun repeated his question. Doha and Youngdoo looked at each other before turning back to Sunghyun.

“we were planning on telling you guys tomorrow..but…”Doha started talking about what happened..the confession..everything. Sunghyun sighed as he closed his eyes.

“Haejun…has a huge crush on you, Doha hyung” he said as he locked his gaze with Doha. Both him and Youngdoo were absolutely surprised.

“he…w-why didn’t he tell me?” Doha asked.

“well..for one thing he was scared..all this while, he just kept staring at you during practise, thinking about whether or not he should confess..i guess he ran out because he was..well..heartbroken” Sunghyun explained.

“it’s my fault.. I should’ve known..he’s sad because of me and now I don’t even know where he is”

“Hyung..please don’t blame yourself..it’s not your fault and there’s no way you could’ve known..” Sunghyun said, trying to comfort him. He tried to think about all the places Haejun would’ve gone to clear his mind.

And then it hit him.

“Hyung..can I borrow your company key card? I think I know where he is”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haejun sat quietly on the floor at the dark and narrow vocal practise room. He switched his phone off so he doesn’t know how long he’s been there. He stopped crying..but he was still so…devistated.

If only I confessed earlier….

He brought his knees up to his chest as he leaned against the wall.

Suddenly, he heard the card slot beep and the door was opened. He felt like crying even more when he saw Sunghyun standing there.

“what are you doing here?”

“Haejun hyung…”

“leave me alone”

Sunghyun slowly walked inside and closed the door behind him.

“no…I’m not gonna leave you alone” he said as he sat down next to the vulnerable boy.

Things were quite for a while..until Haejun broke the deafening silence.

“How’d you know I was here?” he asked. Sunghyun smiled softly.

“just a wild guess… I know how much you like the vocal practise room…you always told me that the soundproof walls somehow made you feel calm..it shuts out all the noise and makes you feel relaxed”

Haejun looked down, not being able to say anything. Seeing him like that simply broke Sunghyun’s heart.

“he’s not worth crying for, hyung”

“you don’t know how much it hurts, Sunghyun-ah… seeing someone you like with another person..” Haejun stated softly, tears falling from his eyes.

“actually, I do..I’m feeling that way..right now” Sunghyun replied. The statement made Haejun look at him.

“why do you think I’m always around you? Even Doha hyung had quite a hard time getting me to open up to him after I joined the unit..but I opened up to you without you even making me do it” he began. “I was the one who pushed you to confess to him..but in reality, I was also being a complete coward for not being able to tell you how I really feel..and you don’t know how much it pains me to see you keep staring at him…because deep down I wanted you to look at me like that..”

“Sunghyun-ah…” Haejun was completely dumbfounded by Sunghyun’s sudden confession.

“all I want..is for you to give me a chance…look, I know I’m not like him..I’m not angel-like..or nice to everyone or..well-mannered but I really love you..and I can prove it…if you’ll just let me”. Now it was Sunghyun who had tears welling up in his eyes.

Haejun just stared at him, unable to find the right words to respond. Sunghyun gradually leaned closer to him. He hesitated a little bit, but seeing Haejun didn’t push him away, he leaned even closer and claimed Haejun’s lips in a passionate kiss. Haejun grabbed a fistful of Sunghyun’s shirt as his tears threatened to fall even more. His lips quivered as he responded to the kiss with as much enthusiasm. Sunghyun placed both his hands on Haejun’s lips and angled his head to deepen the kiss.

After a while, they pulled away to catch their breaths. Sunghyun definitely managed to take Haejun’s breath away. Haejun released his grip on Sunghyun’s shirt and rested both his hands on the base of the taller boy’s neck. He pulled Sunghyun closer and connected their foreheads. Both of them had their eyes closed and everything went quiet again. All that could be heard was the sound of the 2 catching their breaths….until Haejun spoke up.

“make me fall in love with you, Kim Sunghyun…”

-end-

 

Author’s Note:

I’m really sorry for the late update.. I had tons of work to do the past few days. I was thinking about posting yesterday, but I was out to do some ‘college surveying’ so I couldn’t update yesterday as well T_T really sorry guyss… I really hope you guys like the fic because to me it was cheesy as hell and I was cringing so much while writing it~ The ending was kinda rushed so I apologise for that but it was seriously far too cheesy for me to continue writing it LOL >_< anyways, the other requests will be up very soon so please wait for it~! ^_^ thanks for reading and giving support! and umm..sorry for any typos xD

-InXpire-

PS: My exam results are coming out really soon and I am super duper nervous and scared because if I don’t pass this, I’m not gonna be able to go to college this year T_T so please please pray for me, guyssss~ that’d mean a whole lot >_< omg I feel like jumping off a building right now lol xD