Yeontae x Jinkyu

Light Reads | BOYS24

~heyyy! Please make sure to read the author’s note at the bottom~ it’s somewhat important ^^; also this is unbeta-ed so..forgive me for any mistakes!~

FINDING COMFORT IN YOU

 

2 AM_DORM

The 27 boys have just finished their last concert. After a tearful goodbye and the feeling of reluctance to leave the BOYS24 Hall which has been their stage for the past year starts invading their minds.

For Yeontae especially.

For him, BOYS24 was no easy ride. There were times in which he would always feel like giving up, hell, he was eliminated twice for goodness sake. Even after all that, he couldn’t give up on his dream. He was just too passionate about it to the point that he wouldn’t let his dream to become a singer go just like that.

The feeling he experience as he was promoting in Unit Black was something he definitely wants to experience again. It felt magical to stand on stage, especially at K-CON and hearing the loud fanchants. How he missed that feeling so much.

Yeontae stood at the balcony of their dorm, staring at the empty street below as he re-lived all the thrilling moments in his head. He smiled sadly as a stray tear escaped his eye. He was really scared. What he doesn’t get chosen? What if he screws up at the Final Concert? What if people didn’t like him if he debuted? What if…

“I figured you’d be out here” Yeontae turned around when he suddenly heard the voice. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw that it was his partner, Jinkyu leaning against the doorway.

“You gave me a fright..don’t do that” Yeontae said with a quiet chuckle. “what are you doing up anyway?” Jinkyu pushed himself off and made his way to his older lover.

“I woke up feeling thirsty and saw that you weren’t in your bed.. I was worried” he explained. Yeontae just smiled, slightly blushing after knowing that Jinkyu was worried.

“well, here I am..just thinking about a few things”

Jinkyu grabbed his right hand and planted a kiss on the back of his soft hand. “I’m assuming that you’re thinking about the finals” . Yeontae sighed and nodded.

“I want this so bad.. I want to perform on stage, compose songs and heck, maybe even hold a concert, I just – I’m terrified. It’s like the semi-finals all over again but this time, I might actually get a heart attack” he laughed lightly after rambling, trying to lift up the serious atmosphere. Jinkyu smiled lovingly, showcasing his perfect pearly whites.

“You’ve been through so much, Jung Yeontae… I have never seen anyone so passionate in chasing their dreams and honestly, you influenced me to work even harder. I’m so proud of you” Jinkyu said in a hushed voice, running his fingers through the elder’s soft pink locks.

“You deserve to debut as well… after your disbandment*.. after leaving FNC… you’ve been through a lot more than me” Yeontae pointed out. He could feel tears forming at the corner of his left eye. Seeing Jinkyu smile ever so calmly just made him choke up with sadness.

“It’s honestly okay if I don’t get picked…I’ll just try again, and again, and again until the day I’ll stand proudly on stage…same goes for you” Jinkyu looked at Yeontae’s mesmerising dark brown orbs.

“Don’t worry too much… Just do your best in the finals and perform as if it’s your last”. Yeontae just smiled as tears ran down his cheeks. He buried his head against Jinkyu’s toned chest as the latter hugged him tightly.

How did he manage to hit the jackpot and have this amazing, talented and kind boy as his boyfriend? He’ll forever be thankful.

“honesty though, if they don’t pick you as a member, then I call bull”. Yeontae chuckled at his partners witty statement. He pulled away and looked up so that they eyes locked.

“What would I do without you?”

“Well, your life here would be boring as hell, that’s for sure”. Another chuckle escaped Yeontae’s lips as he playfully his Jinkyu’s shoulder.

“It’s really late…come on~ let’s get you to bed” Jinkyu instructed as he pushed Yeontae’s shoulders lightly, guiding him to their shared bedroom. Yeontae suddenly felt rather sleepy as he slowly made his way to the bedroom.

As Jinkyu opened the door, Yeontae pulled his arm and the both of them shared a long, sweet kiss. Both his arms went around the taller’s shoulders as his partner had his hands on Yeontae’s overly skinny waist. No violent tongue or teeth action involved, just an innocent kiss~

They pulled away soon after, both wearing a shy smile on their faces.

Both of them went inside their shared bedroom and shared one last kiss before lying in bed and drifting off to dreamland soon after.

 

-end-

*If you guys didn’t know Jinkyu was in a group called ATO a few years back before disbanding about 2 years after their initial debut, which is kinda sad since their music was kinda good. I recommend listening to 그런 맘이었을 뿐이야 (I don’t know the english title sorryyyy). It’s quite a slow song and I really like it~ Jinkyu also sounds really good in that song :)

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Hey guys! Sorry for literally being gone for like a long while. Things have been absolutely crazy with school and exams and studying :( I have a really huge exam coming up this November and the trials officially start tomorrow (my fellow Malaysians… ya’ll know what I’m talking about XD) so please wish me luck! I know this fic is kinda short and…plotless but I just wanted to get it done and upload it while the idea is still fresh in my head…and also because my brain is gonna crack soon after 3 hours of studying History XD

I’ll try to get another one up after my exams are over but I won’t be fully active until the end of November but please continue to support me and subscribe~~ feel free to submit your requests as I will get to them whenever I can. Send them in via the comment box or via my email address that can be found on my profile~ also, please send some funny, encouraging e-mails to me so that I won’t get stressed XD lol but seriously, e-mail me and we can be friendsss! \o/ and if you guys have any questions at all about literally anything or if you wanna chat, just send me an e-mail~ I need yo e-mails people! XD

And to end this author’s note, comment which BOYS24 pairing you like the most~ you guys might now, I’m literally the Captain of the Yeontae x Jinkyu ship~ so who do you ship? ^_^

‘Till next time~!