Jinseob x Jihyung

Light Reads | BOYS24

Getting His Prince Charming

(just a warm up to get the fingers movin’ >_<)

Third Person’s POV

Kim Jinseob is just a typical college student. He’s handsome as heck, he’s smart, really friendly and he’s pretty much every professor’s favourite student. Girls swoon over him all the time and the dudes want to be him. He’s pretty much well…perfect~

Except for one thing…his one weakness that only his closest friends know. Well, at least he hopes that only his friends know….

….He has the hots for Go Jihyung.

Yup, the 3rd year engineering student and also the college’s pretty boy. Once that hotshot is detected by Jinseob’s eyes BAM! Kim Jinseob will automatically be in his creepy stalker mode and it drives his friends mad. Inho once threatened to spread the word about his ‘little boy crush’ to the entire college if he doesn’t stop staring at the poor boy like a e. ‘Spreading the word’ in the language of Hwang Inho actually means….shouting in the middle of the college’s caffeteria.

Since the first time Jinseob had his eyes on the boy man, he knew he was in deep .

….It’s quite intriguing as to how the fish sticks can Jihyung not notice the handsome weirdo that’s constantly staring at him….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s exam week and Jinseob feels like he could pass out anytime soon. He really didn’t want to get out from his apartment (he made Chani stock his fridge and pantry last week and the food supply is enough to last him about a month) but alas, Jaehyun had other plans.

Jaehyun has been Jinseob’s best friend for as long as he can remember and he’s happy to have the dude as his friend~

Well…usually he’s happy.

Now he’s really…not.

“tell me again why I agreed to come to….a fast food restaurant which I haven’t been to in my entire life with you…” Jinseob said, dropping his highlighter on the table and breaking the silence between them. Jaehyun looked up from his textbook.

“because you love me and you wouldn’t want me to study all alone in my apartment….?” He answered with a semi-guilty smile. Jinseob rolled his eyes.

“but a fast food place? Seriously, Jae?”

“well, I was hungry and I was afraid that I’d get hungry again while I’m studying…” Jaehyun stated with a small pout.

“why I’m still friends with you is a question I still don’t have an answer to” Jinseob mumbled before getting back to reading his textbook.

A Few Hours Later (A/N am I the only one that read that with the voice of the narrator from spongebob? Anyone else? No? okay imma shut up now)

“hey I’m gonna go order some coffee..you want anything?” Jinseob asked as he got up from his chair.

“uhh…yeah, get me some of those chicken nuggets, will you? And sprinkle some salt on them~ they always seem to taste bland to me” Jaehyun replied, not looking up from his book.

“they taste bland ‘cuz apparently you’re really close to having high blood pressure from consuming so much sodium, idiot” Jinseob thought. “yeah, sure”

After getting Jaehyun’s nuggets and a nice warm latte for himself, he made his way to the little counter at the back to get some sugar for his coffee and salt for the nuggets.

He looked through all the little bottles on the counter before finally finding the salt shaker.

“Didn’t expect to see you here” Jinseob turned his head after hearing a very familiar voice. His eyes widened as he stared at the person in front of him.

And you guessed it…it’s Go Jihyung.

“Oh …..I’m in deep , aren’t I? I want my mommy” he snapped out of his thoughts and gave the boy in front of him a convincing smile…or at least tried to.

“h-hey there, Jihyung-sshi~ how’s it hangin’?” how’s it hangin’…? Seriously?

“umm..everything’s good~ Kim Jinseob, right? I’m not really good at remembering names, I hope I got yours right” Jihyung said while giving a slightly worried smile.

“No..i mean..yeah, that’s my name~ pretty easy to remember” Jinseob’s voice suddenly cracked as he said that. He smiled awkwardly because man, if Jihyung noticed that it would be so….embarrassing.

“I agree~ well, I see you have coffee there…getting yourself prepared to hit the books, huh?”

“I..well, yes I am…I was just..about to add some sugar, actually” Jinseob opened the lid of his paper coffee cup.

“umm…Jinseob-sshi…”

“you gotta get that sugar rush, ya know? Can’t fall asleep while studying~ I heard it’s bad for the brain if you like…sleep right after over-loading it with all the crappy info from the textbooks so…gotta put a heck of a lot of sugar in the coffee-“

“Jinseob-sshi” Jihyung interrupted again.

“yeah?”

“that’s…..salt” Jihyung pointed out with a hesitant smile. Jinseob looked at the shaker and…

…it was indeed….salt.

Who….in the right mind…would put freakin’ salt next to the sugar?!

“uhh…y-yeah, I knew that~ I wanted to make the coffee have that..energy drink kinda vibe to it…like..that somewhat mild salty taste to really…boost up my energy” he tried to cover up and secretly hoping that the dude he’s been crushing on doesn’t think he’s weird.

“right….” Jihyung simply answered after blinking a few times.

“yah Kim Jinseob, what’s taking you so long?!” he turned around and saw Jaehyun walking towards him.

“oh~ no wonder he’s taking his own sweet time… hey there! I’m Choi Jaehyun” he greeted, extending his hand. Jihyung gladly took it.

“Go Jihyung..nice to meet you”

“yeah, it’s actually kinda hard not to know who you are, especially when you’re friends with Jinseob here” Jaehyun responded before getting nudged by Jinseob.

“sorry about Jae..he doesn’t really think before opening ” he said with a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck. Jihyung looked down, trying to hide his smile and….the blush creeping up his pale cheeks.

“and apparently you don’t really think before moving your arm..Kim Jinseob, did you just pour salt in your coffee?” Jaehyun turned to his right and crossed his arms. Before Jinseob could respond, he turned back in front.

“he doesn’t usually act like an idiot… I mean, he’s a perfectly normal human being who…really needs someone to teach him how to drink coffee properly” Jaehyun’s statement made Jihyung laugh slightly.

“well…how about I take you out for coffee after exams are over and..we’ll work on that” he said before taking out his cellphone and handing it to Jinseob. The boy in front of him just stared at the gadget as if it’s some alien invention.

“your phone number” Jihyung pointed out with yet another laugh.

“oh..right, I knew that” Jinseob took the phone with slightly trembling hands and typed in his phone number before saving it.

Kim Jinseob :)

010-xxx-xxx

“cute~” Jihyung mumbled, biting his lip. “well…I’ll call you~” he smiled before making his way towards the counter to order his food. Jinseob was still dazed and just being like, what the f…just happened.

“well, I guess you got your Prince Charming” Jaehyun pointed out with a smirk. Jinseob turned to him with still open.

“I… just got asked out…..by Go Jihyung…”

“yes, you did..and you look like you’re drugged up so why don’t you take my nuggets and sit down while I go get you a new cup of coffee ‘cuz you sure ain’t drinking that sea-flavoured bitter poison”

 

-end-

 

The idea just randomly popped out for some reason xD I needed to get it out of my system >.< anyways, tell me if you want a continuation of this because I feel like this oneshot on its own is kinda…well..crappy xD

Leave a comment down below and tell me what you think! ^_^