1/3

Four Walls

it's just long fic.....i don't know happy new year yutae :D 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

"Johnny!"

 

 

Taeyong knocks again, his knuckles turning red from the continuous thumping on the hard wood for awhile now. Taeil from the next room chides him to stop already but nothing can stop Taeyong and his persistence.

 

 

"Youngho! Seo Youngho!"

 

 

He's been trying to maintain all his calm and has all the urge to kick at the door when it swings open, a grimacing Ten showing up. Taeyong notes the earphones hanging from the other's neck and fights all his urge to roll his eyes and say a word.

 

 

"What? He's not here." Ten scowled at him.

 

 

A playful smirk turn up on Ten's face and Taeyong knew he's up to say something so he turned around. With an irritated sigh, Taeyong make sure Ten hears it. Leaving the younger without a word. There are so much more to deal with than just someone of less importance.

 

 

 

 

It's been a hell of a week and Taeyong didn't expect his first year high school to start roughly. Middle school was all fun and games. Johnny, the one he believes responsible for all his stress and exasperation , has been avoiding him for a talk. Taeyong regrets all his thirst for a sophisticated and unstained school dorm, sure it was given to him but with a pretentious incubus for a roommate.

 

 

It's all Johnny's fault for being too nosy. Taeyong never quite understood why Johnny has to keep his nose on other's business. Sure it was weird that he doesn't get along with Yuta Nakamoto, since they've been in this one circle of friends for almost four years now. But Taeyong doesn't see any problem regarding it. It's not like they engage in brawling or unsympathetic arguments, they just don't talk and that's everything about it. Kun describes him not only a picky eater but also picky with who to get along with. It's not just Yuta anyway but Johnny always snarls at him about it.

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyong spent his vacation back in Seoul and Yuta was in the new dorm a month earlier for his tryout at the football team.

His back still hurts from scrubbing all the shoe dirt and sanitizing the smell of sweat odor on his shared room with Yuta but Taeyong would rather not rest than deal with his roommate. Taeyong isn't exactly one to loiter in and out of other's room but all these situations leaves him no choice and he found himself knocking in on Jaehyun's room again.

 

 

"I'm coming in." He says, walking in.

 

 

An awkward silence fell in the room when he found Doyoung sitting pretty on the bed, eyes focused on the basketball game he's watching and didn't even spared him a glance. Taeyong hears sound from the kitchen that could be Jaehyun but he had no idea how to cross the small path from the bed and T.V to avoid blocking Doyoung's view. Taeyong didn't come here to hear crap.

 

 

"Hyung! Is that Taeyong hyung?" Jaehyun shouts from the kitchen.

 

 

Doyoung sideeyes him in a flash and mouths a loud "Ah." Followed with the annoying sound of him chewing a gum.

 

 

"Taeyong hyung, I'm making lunch. Do you mind wait---"

 

 

"It's okay. I'll go." Taeyong says, turning back, hands already on the knob. "Just text me when you're not busy."

 

 

"What are the two of you going to do, Jaehyun?" Doyoung calls out.

 

 

Rolling his eyes, Taeyong heard Jaehyun explaining to Doyoung about their plan on having Naruto series marathon. He escapes the room immediately. Another person he doesn't want to deal with, Doyoung. Jaehyun knows it too.

 

 

 

When Taeyong walked on their floor's lobby, he knew it was formidable already when he saw Donghyuk holding a mic having his concert again. Their younger friends are there too, watching the petty performance, including Winwin and Hansol. Renjun raised his hand and signals him if he wants to join but Taeyong hastily shook his head.

 

 

Back to the hallway, Taeyong should've just agreed when Kun and Mark invited him to come to their school's swimming pool and relax. With an aching soul, Taeyong enters his room and just as he expected, smelly socks inside the dirty shoes just behind the door welcomes him. Ignoring the look his roommate is giving him, his hand automatically reaches to the wet socks and his face contorts at the loss of dignity, throwing it to Yuta's laundry basket just beside the shoe racks. If he can do it in a millisecond, why can't Yuta?

 

 

Taeyong mouthed a cuss when he stepped on a used, wet probably from sweat, shirt scattered on the floor.

 

 

Yuta, on his own bed, groaned at him. Shirtless and scratching at his hair.

 

 

Taeyong watches Yuta hurriedly gets up , picking the shirt and throwing it to the basket. His head cringed when Yuta missed, and he mutters unmindful, " I have a pig for a roommate."

 

 

"Hey, that was uncalled for." Yuta deemed, offended. He was about to jump back to his bed but he froze.

 

 

"Your face is uncalled for!" Taeyong snarled at him, stepping back right after he said it. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see Yuta's reaction or most likely afraid to hear what Yuta's retort might. Besides, they haven't speak this much words to each other.

 

 

Taeyong withdraws, turning back to the door he just entered a while ago. His hand is already gripping the nob, but he chose to slam his head on the door instead. "There's nowhere else to go." He muttered.

 

 

It's horrifying enough that he sits beside Yuta Nakamoto in class on weekdays, but to even have to deal with him on weekends is making Taeyong sick to his stomach. It's only in the middle of Saturday and he's only faced Yuta for a minute and he's already this thrown off. All he wanted was a good sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta isn't exactly familiar to the feeling of someone evidently casting him out. Last week, he was startled to see Taeyong carrying his luggage walked in his room. It was weird since he already planned to room with Ten and Doyoung for this school year. The other bed is big enough for two people and those two can deal with that. But he guesses none of their plans are going to happen.

 

 

Even so, Yuta is fine to room with anyone. But anyone sort of doesn't include Taeyong. Back then, he thought Taeyong was only cold because Yuta is the new friend who just came from Japan. Not everyone would want to deal with him and his broken Korea. That went on for a long time. Yuta believing he's casted out by someone and it's unavoidable because he came a year late. Yet came Winwin and Kun who hardly knows Korean, unlike Yuta who's confident with his, Taeyong seemed to be affable with them. Yuta stopped thinking why Taeyong dislikes him 2 years ago. Also, Yuta isn't the type to be friendly with anyone, being reserved and quiet that he is, unless they approach him first. But there's always a room for trying.

 

 

Coming out from the long shower, Yuta almost laughed at the sight of Taeyong curled up under a blanket and he's sure the other wasn't even sleeping judging from the movement of his toes. Taeyong looks like an ice prince with his stoic expression, but he's just sloppy and moody. Also, Yuta just learned recently that Taeyong is so fretful too.

 

 

Suddenly realizing he's just in his towel, Yuta dash through his desk to pick his clothes and ran back to the restroom. He was used to living alone and forgets he has a roommate that almost seen him a little too .

 

 

Yuta made sure he's all set and fresh the second time he got out of the shower. Ten is at the first floor of the dorm's lobby already waiting for him. Sending his friend a quick text that he's on his way, Yuta leaves his room and took the stairs when the elevator was occupied.

 

 

It's the first time he and Ten are going to hang out after two months vacation and a week of busy start of school year. Yuta was too immersed for tryout since he's really keen on joining the soccer team, same with Ten who's training for the school's dance team. Even Doyoung is preoccupied with his audition at the school's theatro with Jaehyun.

 

 

When Yuta reaches down the lobby, he saw Ten on a couch with probaby a cup of strawberry yogurt the other likes so much. As he expects, the other didn't even flinch at his presence and Yuta sat on the other couch. There were other students and Yuta didn't want to block the view from the movie on the the TV screen they're watching.

 

 

"I heard that's a good show." Yuta comments.

 

 

"Legend of the blue sea?" Ten pffted, rolling his eyes even.

 

 

Yuta felt concious at the other students who are listening to them now so he pulled Ten outside. The dormitory is just one street away from their school and the tall buildings can be seen from where they're standing just in front of the dorm.

 

 

"Man you ditched me last night." Yuta lightly punched him on the shoulder.

 

 

"Oh." Ten laughed. "Johnny has everything stuck on our fridge. No need for me to go out for snacks anymore."

 

 

"No coffee for you, though."

 

 

"Yeah that's the problem." Ten groaned. "Where's Doyoung? Is he out with Jaehyun again? What's with him always choosing Jaehyun over us, it hurts."

 

 

Chuckling, Yuta receives a kick on his knee. "Why do I feel like all of your "it hurts" whenever Doyoung is with Jaehyun is leading somewhere."

 

 

"Wow, Yuta I told tou not to watch that anime."

 

 

"Which one?"

 

 

"Yuri on Ice."

 

 

Yuta made an 'o' face. "I never watched it." He says, trying not to look defensive now that Ten is cracking a funny face at him.

 

 

"Your new roommate, though." Ten laughed. Yuta and Taeyong as roommates is such a very sarcastic idea. Johnny probably had do to with the room assignments to put on a show for all of them.

 

 

Yuta has no say, only scratching the back of his head. He's had enough from Doyoung about this already, not from Ten too. He really should've considered Jeno's suggestion of trading rooms with Jaemin.

 

 

"Are the two of you, like, buddies now?" Ten laughs again. Teasing Yuta on this matter is always funny to him.

 

 

Yuta groaned. "Man, he's like my exes on period. He's so hot----"

 

 

"Oh." Ten feigned surprised.

 

 

"Headed. Hot headed, Ten." Yuta scowled, earning another laughter from the other. It's  seeming like Ten and Doyoung won't let him live this whole school year and it's just the beginning of Yuta's misery.

 

 

"Hey, Wendy!"

 

 

Ten waved frantically at the two girls who were walking by on the other side of the road. Yuta watches him in awe. There's only two types of him, either Ten throwing shades at everyone, or him being jolly around girls.

 

 

"Who's the other one?" Yuta asked Ten as the two girls passed by them.

 

 

"Kang Seulgi? She dyed her hair, I think."

 

 

"Suits her." Yuta comments, biting at his lower lip.

 

 

Ten laughed again, leaning on the fences with and sports a deadpan look. "Go upstairs and tell Taeyong you think his girlfriend is hot. I'll wait here."

 

 

Yuta makes a move to hit on his friend but he hesitated, instead threw his hands in the air this time, not wanting to hurt his friend. Ten had to mention Taeyong every time. But he guesses Ten shall quit his mocking if Yuta feigns impervious to all it. Knowing Ten, he always like the unnecessaries.

 

 

"If Doyoung doesn't come down in 5 minutes we'll go without him." Yuta says, crossing his hands across his chest and leaning on the fence with Ten.

 

 

"Let's just go. Gan jang Ge jang isn't gonna taste any less hell without him anyway." Ten hissed, yawning. "Ah, he's wasted such a good opportunity of me treating."

 

 

Yuta reads the message on Ten's phone the other is reaching out for him to see --- Jaehyun made a meal. Go on without me. "The D on his Doyoung stands for ditch."

 

 

"You mean ."

 

 

Ten barged ahead and Yuta followed him with a grin.

 

 

"But hey, are you treating?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It would've felt glorious to lie on his bed on a large, warm and cozy room. If only the dresser of his roommate don't have clothes picking out of the drawers in sight. Or the off-putting unkempt bed. Just thinking about how he had to deal with this abhorrence for the whole year makes him sick to his stomach.

 

 

Taeyong jumps a little when he heard a hard knock from the door. Yuta just left a few minutes ago and he can't be back already. Taeyong just wants sometime alone.  Dragging his feet to the door, Taeyong was surprised it was Johnny grinning wide at him.

 

 

"What? Not happy to see me?" Johnny pursed his lips, following Taeyong inside the room who just turned his back on him.

 

 

Taeyong sat back on his bed with hunched shoulders. If it was earlier, he'd sure give Johnny the hell he deserves.

 

 

"Have you seen Seulgi's new hairstyle. She looks so---"

 

 

"Of course." Taeyong snorts. "She'd sent me a pic immediately after it was done. In the salon."

 

 

Johnny retaliates with a subtle, "Ah."

 

 

"Did you ran out of jokes that you made him my roommate?"

 

 

Taeyong's expression and the serious tone of his voice took Johnny's unawares. "I told you it really wasn't me. The room assigment given list was just followed."

 

 

A breathy sigh left Taeyong's mouth. This time, Johnny wasn't laughing and it could be true. He's been fretting over everything and blames Johnny. It had to be only a bad luck.

 

 

"Are you joining a club this year, finally?" Johnny asked, looking around the room. It's a funny scene. Taeyong's side of the room is diligently organized. While the other, Yuta's, is full of clutter.

 

 

"No thanks." Taeyong shooks his head frantically.

 

 

"Come on, Taeyong. You dance so well. Hansol and Winwin will join with Ten." Johnny coaxed.

 

 

"My back always hurts. I don't wanna hold back anyone. I'd rather stay in the kitchen with Jaehyun." Taeyong talks fast.

 

 

"Then let's have a dinner altogether tonight. You cook for us." Johnny suggest, enthusiast.

 

 

He nods slowly. "Let me nap for a bit."

 

 

"Sure. I'll message everyone to go home at 8 o'clock."

 

 

"But could you get me a coffee when you get back wherever is it you're going?" Taeyong smiles bashful. Johnny never liked coffee and hates going to coffee shops but he couldn't say no to Taeyong.

 

 

"Did you two fight?"Johnny asked, worried.

 

 

Taeyong drops his shoulders, shaking his head hesitantly.

 

 

"But are you two dating now, though? When are you two going to tell us anything?" Johnny his head and leans on the wall. Waiting for Taeyong to say something.

 

"There's nothing going on between us." Taeyong denies and looks completely convinced with his answer, confusing Johnny.

 

 

"A guy and a girl can't be bestfriends without feelings involved." Johnny pressed.

 

 

"Well of course I love her and she loves me but...It's not what you're thinking." Taeyong groaned. He's had enough of this question from everybody.

 

 

"But you two look so good together!" Johnny says, dramatic.

 

 

"What do you expect from two good looking beings?"

 

 

"Oh, alright." Johnny stood straight, making his way to the door. "Later, okay." He says, and slams the door shut.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The nap took longer than he thought but Taeyong was glad Hansol and Kun already did the groceries for tonight's dinner. At the huge kitchen on their floor, Taeyong stood there alone, still trying to pull himself out of sleep. He refused Jaehyun and Donghyuk's help insisting he can do it alone.

 

 

"Hyung, you're so sloppy." Jaemin, who was grabbing a bottle of juice in the fridge, tells him when he hears Taeyong dropped the knife on his foot.

 

 

"It happens to everyone in the kitchen." Taeyong retaliates, sighing in relief that he's wearing fluffy indoor shoes and didn't get cut on his toes.

 

 

Jaemin chuckles at his retort. "But hyung, Jeno hates spicy foods. You should make a sweet one and seperate the sauce."

 

 

"Oh, I was thinking of mixing them. Thanks for reminding me, I want everyone to enjoy the food." Taeyong smiled at him, stirring the sauce in the pan he just sprinkled with spicy seasonings.

 

 

There was loud scream in their floor's lobby, probably from Mark and a loud laughter of Donghyuk erupts. "And cheese, hyung!" Jaemin reminds him, running outside.Their younger friends that are now middle schoolers are grown ups but still enjoys playing and are the major sources of noise. They've been troubled about this matter from the previous dorm they've stayed in and it wouldn't be surprising if the same mishap occurs again. He'd never understand why the kids love Karaoke even.

 

 

"Hyung, are you finished?" Jaehyun asked, dashing to where Taeyong was standing in front of stove. He leans in, sniffling. "Smells good. Why did you make two pans?"

 

 

"Jaemin told me to seperate sweet from spicy." Taeyong says, reaching out for a spoon. He scoops from the sweet pan and the other, estimating the equal amount and feeds it to Jaehyun.

 

 

Jaehyun let's out a satisfied groan when he felt his tongue craving for another taste. "Taeyong hyung, you're really good at this! Is it done sooner? I'll set the plates outside."

 

A smile dangled at the corner of Taeyong's lips. "Do that. Prepare the coke too."

 

 

"Aye captain!" Jaehyun chimes, patting Taeyong a little too hard on the shoulders.

 

 

Taeyong gasped and slumped his shoulders. "Okay...."

 

 

 

He waits for another five minutes and transferred the sauces into two bowls. Sprinkling a pinch of pepper on both. He placed them on a tray and wash the used utensils first before he carried them to the dining table outside. The others are already seated and Jaemin and Jaehyun cheered upon seeing him.

 

 

"Finally, real pasta. Real food." Kun says dreamily.

 

 

"Is it not called spaghetti?" Winwin asked, eyeing the sauce.

 

 

"Isn't that the same thing?" Johnny intervenes. He stood up to help Taeyong distribute the macaroni on the table plates. Knowing too well that the others have no sense on stuffs like this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta, Ten and Doyoung enters the room right before they start eating.

 

 

Yuta, though, never missed the way Taeyong's smiley face turned into a sullen look upon their entrance. He looks at Doyoung and Ten but it's seeming like he's the only one who noticed such a disdaining demonstration undoubtedly meant for them. Yuta must have gotten used to it since it's been happening from his first year with them, but being brush-off for uncertain reason makes him intrigued. Sometimes hurt, even. As much as he'd want a clear discussion with Taeyong regarding this, he'd most probably be ignored. It didn't matter for a long time, but having to seat beside him in class everyday and being roommates even, worries Yuta a lot.

 

 

"Oh, you guys are here." Hansol greets them with a toothy smile.

 

 

"Yeah I think so too." Ten responds, earning a glare from Johnny. Not only that, Yuta hits him on the chest too and he starts making the harrassed face again.

 

 

Yuta felt so left out when Doyoung and Ten chose their seats in the huge table already, leaving him behind. The kids are sitting beside one another, and Taeil who probably witnessed his confusion, laughs and stood up.

 

 

"Take this seat Yuta." Taeil says, moving over to Johnny.

 

 

A sigh of relief left Yuta's mouth but Doyoung doesn't even look pleased that Yuta is sitting beside him.

 

 

"Eat without me!" Taeyong shouts from the kitchen.

 

 

"What is he doing?" Ten asked no one particular.

 

 

"I'm sure he forgot to wash one plate. Or one spoon. Or there's a .2cm stain in the table." Jaehyun shrugs.

 

 

"Let's eat. I'm so hungry." Donghyuk says.

 

 

"Let's wait for Tae--- he's still in the... kitchen."  Yuta stammers, regretting immediately why he even spoke because everyone is looking at him now.

 

 

"Who's still in the kitchen?" Ten ask him, piercing onto Yuta with his usual sarcastic and unrelenting stare.

 

 

Yuta looks at him bug eyed and slacked jaw.

 

 

"You can't eat without Taeyong?" Ten asked again, earning an eruption of laughter from everyone in the table except for Yuta. "Taeyong hyung. Hurry up! Yuta can't eat without you!"

 

 

A sour look made it's way on Yuta's face, ignoring the attention everyone is giving him. He opts to play with the fork instead, pricking at the macaroni. It would've been the first time he would mention Taeyong's name but it felt so unfamiliar in his tongue that he came to a halt.

 

 

"What did you say?" Taeyong comes out of the kitchen, drying his hand with a tissue. He doesn't seem like he's anticipating any answer when he sat sloppily on his chair, almost falling even.

 

 

"Careful." Doyoung tells him, and Taeyong hummed in return.

 

 

Yuta is certain Taeyong loathes the three of them. Always keeping his distance whenever and wherever necessary. But Yuta couldn't quite grasp as to why is Taeyong in bantering terms with Ten, and Yuta noticed his slight attempts of talking to Doyoung. Yet, Taeyong treats him like a complete air and it doesn't make any sense. And due to this circumstances, Taeyong makes Yuta feel so strained and uneasy. Like there's a need for Yuta to feel careful whenever he's around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jaehyun's taste better but this isn't so bad." Doyoung barbs in the silent table.

 

 

At the comment, Taeyong's eyes narrows into crinkled slits and feigns ignorance. Doyoung shouldn't be saying that if his plate is almost empty and if he isn't continuously nibbling. Taeyong guesses it's another way of his mocking so he finds his calm at that.

 

 

He scans everyone in the table and was pleased that they're all eating well, shoveling spoonfuls into their mouths. Taeyong can simply relate after their one week dilemma of bad food at the dorm's buffet. Taeyong supposes they should do this more often and he could ask Jaehyun for help.

 

 

His heart, though, sank a little when glanced at Yuta. Offended that the other's food is untouched. Is he angry because I called him a pig? Taeyong wonders.

 

 

"Why aren't you eating, Taeyong hyung?" Jisung asked him.

 

 

"Ah...I can't eat the food I make."

 

 

"Tae hyung is really weird." Mark chuckled, receiving a glare from Donghyuk.

 

 

"I've read it somewhere. If you make a food, you anticipate how it's gonna taste like, and you get to smell while you're making it. So you become less hungry for it." Renjun tells Taeyong.

 

 

"Oh!" Jaehyun gasped. "Then the next time we do this, I'll cook so you can eat with us."

 

 

Doyoung was the one who responded with a hum. "That's because his cooking is so great, he can eat the food he makes. And watch Renjun's scientific theory go down the drain."

 

 

"Oh." Taeyong rolled his eyes.

 

 

"Why aren't you eating, Yuta?" Hansol asked him.

 

 

"We ate crabs. I'm still full."

 

 

"You should try, hyung! It tastes good." Jaemin tells Yuta, almost scowling at the wasted opportunity for tasting tonight's dinner.

 

 

"But didn't you say you were hungry when we were in the elevator?" Ten digs.

 

 

Yuta stared at him wide eyed. He never said that. Ten is up to poke fun of him again but it's such a wrong timing now that the other subject of his joke is around. Shaking his head, Yuta picked up the fork when,

 

 

"You don't have to eat if you don't want to." Taeyong tells him.

 

 

Startled at that, Yuta lazily pricks at the macaroni. Ignoring the look everyone in the table is sending him. "No, I'll eat it. I'm hun---"

 

 

"Don't have to force yourself. I didn't make it for you anyway."

 

 

"Oh.." Yuta snorted, scratching the back of his neck. He dropped the fork on the table and stood up.

 

 

Taeyong sits straight. His body stiffened at Yuta's sudden combustion.

 

 

"You're right. You didn't make it for me." Yuta huffed, shaking his head and dragging his feet quickly to leave the room.

 

 

 

Taeyong didn't quite catch what Yuta said. He opens his mouth to say something, but he froze in his seat and watches Yuta left the room in awe. Everyone in the table was quiet as well. He looked at Johnny who looks rather pleased. As though he accomplished something that Taeyong and Yuta talked to each other on his face, if that was even considered a conversation.

 

 

"What the hell, Yuta." Doyoung claps his hands, laughing.

 

 

"Is he going to cry?" Ten ask out loud, for Yuta to he hear.

 

 

Exactly, this is why Taeyong dislike them. The kindest word to describe them is . Who would want to hang around with them? Of course, the another who is Yuta. All Taeyong wants is to keep Jaehyun away from them so he doesn't get infected with their nasties. Specifically Doyoung because if he doesn't get on your nerves, it's considered a talent.

 

 

"That was mean."

 

 

Johnny comments with knitted brows. But Taeyong could've sworn he was smirking awhile back. The atmosphere is now tense in the table and Taeyong wonders if their younger friends are still enjoying the food or simply trying not to pay attention to hyung matters. His question was answered though, when Donghyuck burped.

 

 

"Thanks for the meal." He says, in Japanese.

 

 

"Should we follow Yuta hyung, though?" Jeno asked Jaemin who looks just as confused.

 

 

"He's fine." Doyoung pats his back. "He ate two crabs in 10 minutes that he threw up."

 

 

"So he isn't feeling well." Hansol says, concern. "I'll make him a hangover soup."

 

 

"We didn't drink!" Doyoung says, defensive when Jaehyun looks at him. "I swear."

 

 

"Where did you three went, though?" Taeil asked them.

 

 

"I forgot." Ten shrugs.

 

 

Taeyong could've sworn he has one too many reasons to dislike this group of three. Not that he's nice himself, he isn't the Hansol type, but Taeyong at least knew and makes use of the word respect. It seems like those three have long forgotten that the word even exists. Jaehyun's closeness to Doyoung really concerns him.

 

 

"I got Yoon Oh a new flash drive too." Doyoung announced, handing the small device from his shirt pocket to Jaehyun.

 

 

"You didn't need to call me that." Jaehyun scowled, although laughing.

 

 

"It's so cute."

 

 

"Are you two done flirting?" Johnny asked them.

 

 

Taeyong looks at Johnny in disbelief. If it wasn't Ten who puts malice on everything, it's Johnny. He never shut up over little things like skinship which should be normal to everyone of them since they've been friends for years. The others basically ignore Johnny though. And that had Taeyong thinking if Johnny being malicious is the problem, or himself for being problematic.

 

 

"But hey, you just made Yuta walk out on you." Ten tells Taeyong. Still digging in the topic.

 

 

And suddenly, it sinks in. Was he too mean? Taeyong wonders. If he's not in good terms with Yuta, he should be careful with his words. Yuta most likely got offended when he called him a "pig" earlier but Taeyong guesses if it was Johnny he called that, he wouldn't even flinch.

 

 

"Well I--,I."  Taeyong snorts. What is there to say.

 

 

"Apologise to him. You were mean!" Doyoung tells him with a laugh.

 

 

Taeyong looks at Johnny again, but the other is just pretending he was busy with his empty plate. Drawing circles on the leftover sauce with his fork. Taeyong wanted Johnny to be his bestfriend when Seulgi isn't around, to be the person who he tells all his worries to, but Johnny thinks otherwise. Johnny could've stand up for him and at least tell Doyoung that Yuta was mean too.

 

 

"I'm older than him." Taeyong tries to defend.

 

 

"By three months?" Ten furrowed his brows.

 

 

"Really?" Taeyong asked. If he's only older than Yuta by three months, that means they're born on the same year. Wasn't Yuta born the same year as Doyoung and Ten? Taeyong wonders.

 

 

"Even so, doesn't allow you any privilege to chew him out. I understand that two of you don't get along, but was it necessary for you to tell him off?"

 

 

Taeyong bows his head, he couldn't look at anyone now. He didn't have to look up to know that Doyoung, Ten, Johnny and Taeil are controlling their laughter.  If Hansol has a problem other than being too nice that's a little too close to being gullible, he gets emotionally worked up. It's the exact reason why Donghyuk is avoiding him now.

 

 

"It's fine. It's not like Yuta is offended, Hansol hyung."

 

 

Taeyong hears Ten says. He flinched when he felt a soft kick on his foot, and he looks up to Doyoung who cocked his head a little and gestures him to leave.

 

 

"I'll wash the dishes. Bring in your plates if you're finished."

 

 

Taeyong announced, standing up and making his way back to the kitchen. With a heavy shoulders, he heaves a sigh once he was alone. Beginning to wash the plates when he heard Jaehyun followed him.

 

 

"I'll help you." Jaehyun offers, carrying the plates.

 

 

"Okay, thank you." Taeyong moves aside, washing his hands.

 

 

"Don't overthink it." Doyoung tells Taeyong and joins them. "The last time I felt concern for Yuta, I didn't."

 

 

"Hyung, what are you saying?" Jaehyun looks back to where Doyoung is standing near the fridge and laugh.

 

 

Taeyong watches them. It's not the first time Hansol scolded him, there were worse events than this. There was one time even when Hansol caught him mocking Seulgi, it was bestfriends thing, but Hansol lectures him in front of the class and all Taeyong could do was hide himself in embarrassment until Seulgi told Hansol that they were just playing around. Or that one time when Taeyong kicks Donghyuk in the for being too loud in the library, Hansol gets back on him by pinching his ears, asking Taeyong what it felt like to be tortured by someone older. Taeyong had to convince him it wasn't "torture" and that he only wanted to discipline Donghyuk, for two hours. Although what happened this time, Taeyong is sure it's just Hansol and his special favors towards Yuta. 

 

 

Now it's different, though. Probably because they all know that Taeyong and Yuta aren't buddy-buddy, and distant, even. This is the first time that Doyoung, someone he considers a foe, tries to coax him.

 

 

"Yuta is so nice. Ten never hold back on kicking him around." Doyoung says. He held back what else he had in his mouth when he saw Taeyong looking at him with judgmental look,  he moves forward to help Jaehyun on the sink and pushing Taeyong away.

 

 

"He is." Jaehyun agrees, nodding vigorously for Taeyong to see.

 

 

Taeyong guesses it's their way to cajole him into thinking that he didn't hurt Yuta and to butter up what Hansol just said. To not make him feel bad about what just happened. Taeyong must've really looked guilty about it that it shows on his face. But Taeyong believes he isn't guilty at all. So, Doyoung has this kind of sense in him? He thought.

 

 

"Yuta hyung is so quite. I get it why Ten likes to make fun of him." Jaehyun muses.

 

 

"He never tells us anything, either." Doyoung tells him. "But it's fine, he talks to Jaemin and Mark about his worries."

 

 

"But the two of you are his bestfriends. Doesn't he trust you?" Taeyong finds himself intruding.

 

 

He doesn't know anything about Yuta. And he even only found out today that they were born in the same year. Yuta is made up in his head by the saying; "You are who your friends are.", and his friends are Doyoung and Ten so that tells a lot about him. Taeyong doesn't really know Yuta. Generally, he is quiet. He's been classmates with Yuta for three years and they happened to be seatmates now. Yuta often sleeps in classes, if he's not bothering Hansol to copy his seatwork or do his assignments. Sometimes, he gives remarks or agrees when they all hang out together just to make his presence known. Also, he occasionally engages when their younger friends would talk about video games. Yuta's consistent companions are Doyoung and Ten who are the experts for mocking him. It's not that Taeyong observes Yuta. It's just that his wide grin, showing off his perfectly aligned and white teeth, is too conspicuous that Taeyong couldn't help but look at. It's often seen on unnecessary times too, and Taeyong believes Yuta's gummy smile is pure sarcasm.

 

 

"Nah but only because he doesn't want to trouble us." Doyoung tells him, yawning. "This is tiring and boring. I'll go back to my room."

 

 

Really an .

 

 

"Go ahead, hyung. Goodnight."

 

 

Taeyong just stand there on the side wondering why he even second thought Doyoung when he's a goof that speaks for itself. He was pulled out in his trance when Jaehyun nudged him on the shoulders and ask for help.

 

 

When Taeyong went back to his room, the lights were off and only the light from Yuta's phone to lit the room. For a minute, he hesitates whether or not he should switch the light on. Taeyong isn't afraid of him or anything, but if Yuta just decides to get even....... With shaking fingers, he flicked the switch, the white light emitting the room in an instant. His body stiffens when Yuta who's sitting on his bed looks up at him.

 

 

Taeyong quickly looks away and dashed through his bed. If he is this perturbed, it was guilt most likely, and that could only mean Hansol was right. Taeyong is used to saying mean things to everyone and getting away with it but that probably doesn't apply to just anyone. Maybe because Yuta isn't his close friend.

 

 

"Yu-Yuta." Taeyong begins, his back facing the other. The name sounding so foreign in his tongue. "About what I said today, I was rude to you. I'm sorry."

 

 

"Did Ten tricked you to apologize to me?" Yuta asked with a chuckle walking towards him, making Taeyong look up.

 

 

Taeyong was taken aback by how friendly his voice sounds, but the grin on Yuta's face breaks him to it. Yuta raised a hand to pat Taeyong on the top of his head in a quick motion and scampers to the comfort room, shutting the door loud.

 

 

What did Taeyong expect? He's an and offers nothing but mockery. His laugh sounds so irritating that Taeyong wants to pull out his hair Yuta laid his fingers on.

 

 

And Taeyong scoffed in defeat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

>From: Tenten

 

ey chicken ballsack did u cry. taeyong was so mean im so angry him i really want to hit him so bad if it wasn't for the hyungs watching

 

 

 

 

stop lying hahahha

 

 

 

>From: Tenten

 

wow u reply fast. were u texting anyone?

 

 

 

Yuta anticipates he would ask that. He isn't one to use his phone for communications unless it's excessively important. It's either on airplane mode when he plays games, or readzoning everyone and replying an hour later. Ten may act clinical and insulting all the time but he worries the most and Yuta appreciates that  Yuta knows his text was to check on him.

 

 

 

 

no hahha no need to look over me. jaemin and jeno asked me out for ice cream

 

 

>From: Tenten

 

:))))))))))))))):::)))

 

 

>From: Tenten

 

can i join

 

 

 

 

no.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta tries his best to enjoy his ice cream cone. He'd been sustaining his queasy stomach from the time he went back to the dorm with Doyoung and Ten after spewing everything on the restaurants public restroom. Not that he ate too much to have indigestion, but he probably got nauseas by how fast Doyoung drove the motorbike that Yuta rode with him. He thought tonight's drama at the dining table is how this long Saturday going to end, but he can't say no to both Jeno and Jaemin.

 

 

Often the three of them go out at night and Yuta is fine being their chaperone. The dorm management has a rule that midschooler borders has a curfew unless they have anyone older to accompany them. Yuta figures Jaemin and Jeno were just worried about him when they met outside the dorm building. Asking Yuta if he was okay and Yuta answered with a laugh, "Was it really a big deal?"

 

 

"Look we gotta feed those ugly piranhas." Ten muses, pointing at the small pond that surrounds a huge tree with colorful lights on.

 

 

Yuta followed them again. They've been strolling for an hour now with Yuta following just behind. The park was crowded on weekends and he's getting dizzy by the amount of people and bright lights that surrounds him. Jaemin was wearing a bracelet he won at a dart game. The lights were blinking, changing colors from red, to green and to yellow. Yuta watches his hands jittery feeds the fishes with what seemed like red flakes he threw in the pond and Yuta's head starts aching. His stomach began to churns and Yuta figures it's another fit of spit up he needs to let out.

 

 

He tapped Jeno on the back, muttering a slur. "I'll be right back!" But it seemed the younger was too engrossed and didn't notice him. As gross as it is, Yuta runs to the public toilet and he throw up in the sink just in time. His throat and nose felt clogged and Yuta just wants this to finish.

 

 

When his stomach calms, Yuta washes his face. Thankful that no one was there to see him, and the restroom was the soothing smell of sanitary soap. Indigestion, it is. Yuta shakes his head at the thought of him not being able to eat crabs anymore. It's like half of his life was taken away from him.

 

 

Yuta tries his best not to look shell-shocked by washing his face over and over before he comes out of the restroom. His friends are probably worried and looking for him now. With a long sigh, Yuta exits the room when a group of students entered.

 

 

He was squinting around wondering where his friends went when he failed to see them at the pond a few feet away. Ten's pink shirt was too noticeable for him not to see. They probably left to search for him already. Just as he was about to fish out his phone, Yuta's eyes turns to familiar figures that was on the bench. It was Taeyong. He was sitting in a funny manner and Seulgi is standing at the front and taking pictures of him. Taeyong looks annoyed and Seulgi is teasing him. It's always a normal sight to see them this way, or vice versa.

 

 

Even from a far, Yuta could see Taeyong's ridiculously handsome face and it made him chuckle. He must've made a sound because Seulgi looked at him.

 

 

"Yuta!" She called.

 

 

Yuta grinned at her, avoiding Taeyong's piercing gaze as he walks towards them. But Yuta doesn't give a crap and only cares about his concern. "Who were you with?" He asked. In hopes that she'd say Sooyoung for an answer.

 

 

"Oh, I'm with Taeyong." Seulgi said, kicking Taeyong's foot when he looked away.

 

 

"Ah--ah, I see." Yuta is disappointed.

 

 

"But grandpa is getting old, he doesn't enjoy this kinds of stuffs anymore."

 

 

"Kang Seulgi!" Taeyong scoffed, covering his face with his hands.

 

 

Yuta and Seulgi laughed at him.

 

 

"Who were you with?" She asked, taking a picture of Yuta with her polaroid and Yuta grins wide.

 

 

"Ten. Jeno and Jaemin." He says. "We had ice cream."

 

 

"I see." Seulgi smiled at him, flashing the photocard to Yuta. "I'll keep this, okay?"

 

 

 

"Sure!" Yuta says with a laugh. Feeling a little conscious that Sooyoung might see it.

 

 

"Don't you have anywhere to go?"

 

 

Yuta looks at Taeyong who asked him. "Oh, you're right. I'll leave." He says, waving at Seulgi who mirrors his action.

 

 

It was getting colder and Yuta feels stupid because just as he needs his phone, the battery was dead. He decides he'd just go home on his own and right as he was about to turn to the exit, a heavy weight draped on his back and Yuta was fast on untangling the hands on his neck.

 

 

"Who do you think you're ditching!" Ten yells at him, accompanied by the laughter of Jeno and Jaemin running towards them.

 

 

"I told you I'll be back. You ignored me." Yuta tells Jeno.

 

 

"I did?"

 

 

"It's your fault." Jaemin tells Jeno, laughing.

 

 

"I'm sorry hyung, but where did you go?" Jeno asked him, sounding apologetic.

 

 

"You really don't feel well, don't you? Let's go home." Ten muses, and Yuta only nods.

 

 

Yuta noticed Jeno and Jaemin fell into silent, feeling ashamed that they had to pull him there. It wasn't their fault and Yuta didn't made it clear to anybody that he was feeling sick anyway. So he pretends to faint, dramatically toppling his body over Ten who shoved him in return with a sharp squeak. The kids laughed at this, and offered themselves to guide Yuta on their walk home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll keep this okay." Taeyong mimics Seulgi, making a funny face and glowers at her when Yuta left. "What a flirt."

 

 

"Say what!" She laughed, checking if Yuta is still on sight and if he heard them. "Jealous, are we?"

 

 

"You wish!" Taeyong rolls his eyes, pushing Seulgi.

 

 

"Hey stop!" Seulgi screeched, clawing at Taeyong's face. "This is why you can't get a girlfriend. You don't treat a girl right!"

 

 

Taeyong repeats what she says, making a funny and annoyed face again.

 

 

"Stop doing that. You look like an idiot."

 

 

"But really? That guy? Don't you have taste." Taeyong says in disdain. Many guys are after Seulgi at their school, Johnny as well. He doesn't want her to date s, or any of his friends. And for Yuta, that's double offense. Just the thought of his is making him cringe in disgust.

 

 

"Yuta and I are not a thing." Seulgi says. "But maybe, Sooyoung."

 

 

"Sooyoung? Can't she think straight for once?" He looks at Seulgi in disbelief.

 

 

"I don't wanna be friends with you."

 

 

Taeyong's face falls, wretched. "You're my only friend."

 

 

"I know." Seulgi laughed, standing up and taking Taeyong's hand to help him up.

 

 

"This is why Johnny thinks we're dating, you're so clingy." Taeyong says but takes her hand anyway.

 

 

"Who's Johnny."

 

 

Seulgi said and Taeyong wonders if Seulgi is simply forgetful or she only always say that for the sake of saying something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's 7:49 am when Taeyong checks at the wall clock. Eleven more minutes before the class starts and a breathy sigh left his mouth when he finished his homework. Waking up early for his first class is always worth it if it meant avoiding Mr. Choi, the scourge, at all cost. Taeyong didn't want to have any problems with him on this class. Taeyong gets terrified even with eye contact when the teacher discusses something, what more if he gets scolded by him. Taeyong might cry and it's not exaggeration if he saw it happened right before his eyes in the previous years.

 

 

His phone buzzed and a message from Seulgi appeared. It was a photo of her puppy looking at the camera with a dumbfounded face. Taeyong gets this for a good morning for five years of being her bestfriend.

 

 

 

cute. but aren't you late for class, ms. kang?

 

 

> From: Seulgi Bear

 

I took that earlier and forgot to send you, I'm at school now

 

 

 

Taeyong was typing a reply and quickly pulled his phone down the desk when the door burst open. But it was just Yuta scampering inside the room in a hurry, and sat on his seat beside Taeyong. It didn't change that they're roommates now. To Taeyong, Yuta is still a nonentity.

 

 

"Ca-can I copy your homework?"

 

 

It was an abrupt request and Taeyong still doesn't fancy having him around. Particularly after what just happened between them in Saturday's dinner. Solely, he side eyes Yuta and closed his notebook. And he swore Yuta was hopeful for a second.

 

 

"No."

 

 

"P--please. Just today." Yuta pleads, making a face of what looks like a kicked puppy. Grabbing Taeyong's arm.

 

 

"I said no." Taeyong shrugs him away.

 

 

"I'll owe you forever, please!" Yuta begs. He reached out to palms Taeyong's cheeks with both hands only to be shoved away.

 

 

"Stop touching me!" Taeyong shrieked. Keeping his calm and looks around the class. No one is looking and he sighed. He'd seen this before, Yuta sweet-talking Hansol to copy his home work but it's not going to work on Tae---

 

 

"Please, just let me copy your work. I---I'll..." Yuta hissed. "I'll clean the room. I'll buy you food. I'll do anything."

 

 

Taeyong's eyes lit up. "Really?" He spits, lips turning upwards.

 

 

Yuta looks reluctant when he nodded.

 

 

"Okay, I'll think about it." Taeyong says, handing his notebook to Yuta. He looks so desperate and Taeyong could make use of that.

 

 

 

Taeyong felt proud when Mr. Choi returned their papers and he got a one hundred. But his heart skipped a beat when he asked Yuta, "Did you copy Mr. Lee's work?" Instead of making a quick lie to save his , Yuta looks at Taeyong for a brief moment, and Taeyong had a trouble breathing because Yuta is taking too long to answer and what he thought was a brief moment turned into Yuta staring at him. Yuta's brows furrowed a bit, as if to express disgust and Taeyong wants to whack his face if he wouldn't get to trouble in front of Mr. Choi.

 

 

"Nah. I can do better."

 

 

Was Yuta's nonchalant answer and Taeyong fights all the urge to kick him under the table. The whole morning classes ended with Taeyong restraining himself from brawling Yuta and it made his head hurt. Only he was able to breathe a sigh of relief when the bell rang for lunch break.

 

 

"What do you mean you can do better?" Taeyong couldn't help but ask when only a few students are left in the room.

 

 

"Huh?" Yuta looks at him. "You think he would believe it if I said no?"

 

 

And somehow it made sense, but still. "But you did!"

 

 

Yuta steps back. "No one said I didn't okay." He huffed, picking up his notes. "I said I'd do you a favor. Have you thought about it?"

 

 

"Yu----Tae!" Was Ten's loud shout from the door.

 

 

Taeyong scrunched his face at how obscene his name sounds like next to Yuta's. He pushed Yuta to the side as he exits the room and Ten was smiling to greet him but Taeyong sees Seulgi in the hallways and his attention altered to her quickly.

 

 

"Seulgi!" Taeyong chimes, walking towards her with arms wide open for an embrace.

 

 

"Don't be gross!" Seulgi flicks him on the forehead.

 

 

"Dude, can't you be nice at least a little when people are around." Taeyong scowled, scratching his forehead. He ignores the blank gaze Yuta is giving him and Ten's comment about unrequited love. He glanced at them from behind and signals them to leave.

 

 

"I get it you're excited to see her but...Taeyong, you are noisy." Sooyoung tells him.

 

 

If Taeyong had seen her earlier, he wouln't even bother a greeting. There was more to life than to deal with Sooyoung's pique. Taeyong couldn't picture how Seulgi can even stand her or why is Yuta even dreaming. With a defeated sigh, Taeyong sends Seulgi a subtle wink with both eyes and left.

 

 

 

When he enters the cafeteria, it wasn't difficult to find their table when Johnny's laughter was erupting from the door. The seats were occupied except for one and Taeyong could've sworn he'd rather sit on the other table or not eat lunch at all, than to sit beside Hansol. After the last earful from him, Taeyong developed an irrational fear.

 

 

Yuta who sits in between Doyoung and Ten stood up and looks at him, before moving to the seat Taeyong wants to avoid. Taeyong fights all his urge to tell him he didn't have to cos otherwise, it would still be a long conversation.

 

 

"Oh." Was everyone's reaction in unison.

 

 

"Really Yuta?" Johnny asked, laughing.

 

 

Taeyong sits down, wary that Doyoung is watching him intently. He has yet to even see how whack today's meal is but he already lost his appetite. Doyoung is the type to rest his palm on Taeyong's thigh just to get on his nerves. And there is Ten too, who always has his way to make everything intensely aggravating.

 

 

"Didn't you bought this meal for him, too?"

 

 

Taeyong looks in front of him and there lies a meal box that still has it's cover on. So Yuta wasn't lying when he said he'd buy Taeyong food.

 

 

"Wow, really Yuta? Since when did you two become intimate?"

 

 

Both Taeyong and Yuta choked at his use word. Quite unsure if it's because Ten often still has his confusion over Korean language or if he really meant that.

 

 

"Say what?" Taeyong snarled at him.

 

 

"Intimate." Ten repeats.

 

 

"Ten, you always buy me food but we aren't intimate." Yuta tells Ten a matter of factly.

 

 

"Oh, is that an invite?" Johnny guffawed, hitting Hansol in the process who's clapping beside him.

 

 

"Oh man, not my type." Ten says in disgust. "Try asking Taeyong."

 

 

Taeyong doesn't think he'll ever get used to being the subject of Ten's mockery. It's always an endless mention of his name whatever matter and he suspects Ten teases him because the younger enjoys how he's easily pissed. Taeyong tries not to roll his eyes, opening the lid of his lunch. Lately, he'd learned to feign ignorance being the laughingstock neglecting their pleasantry. But not when Yuta is laughing and choking on his food. Taeyong stares at him, baffled.

 

 

"Are you okay?" Winwin asked, patting the older's back. His face was a mix of worried and trying not to laugh.

 

 

"Stop saying that." Yuta tells Ten with a cough. Tears forming in his eyes.

 

 

"This is Yuta's type of comedy." Taeil enunciates.

 

 

"Yup, he'd seen Mountain just last week." Doyoung agrees.

 

 

"That's not true!" Yuta objects and he began with another fit of laughter, causing everyone in the table to laugh except for Taeyong.

 

 

Taeyong closed his eyes in dismay. Today is going to be another long day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta tries to make out the difference between being roommates and in the same class with Taeyong, from being not. He found himself tiptoeing and unmoving at most. Taeyong is very strict and sensitive and Yuta doesn't want to be scolded.

 

 

So when the lunch finished and Yuta entered their classroom after a small chat with Ten and Doyoung, Taeyong was already on his seat looking ahead of the board. There wasn't anything written on it,'though, so it's either Taeyong really likes disregarding his presence or Taeyong really hates Yuta and considers him a nobody. Maybe to Taeyong, Yuta is a mere stranger.

 

 

Yuta didn't realize that he was staring until Taeyong turned to face him saying, "Take a picture if you like it so much." And Yuta takes his phone out and lifts it up close to Taeyong's face but he snarled at him, "What are you doing?!"

 

 

"I'm taking a pic---"

 

 

"Leave me alone!"

 

 

Taeyong looks so angry when he shrugged him away and Yuta puts his phone back to his pocket. Leaning back, he watches Taeyong fix his uniform necktie and Yuta looks down on his crooked one, fixing it as well. Taeyong probably took his action as mimicking and opened his mouth to rant, but Yuta was thankful their teacher gets in the room just in time. It would've been a long conversation but today, Yuta got lucky.

 

 

 

When the classes ended and all their classmates sprints outside, Yuta moves aside to let Taeyong pass before greeting Doyoung waiting for him by the door.

 

 

"What was that?" Doyoung asked when he saw the sullen glance Taeyong sent Yuta that he probably missed. "Did you two fight?"

 

 

Yuta snorts and chuckled. "Why do you guys keep assuming we are fighting?"

 

 

"Because." Doyoung cuts himself. Knowing Yuta isn't the type to argue with anybody for a long time so it's probably just Taeyong who's still  fuming over Saturday's dinner incident. "You coming at the arcade?"

 

 

"Today?"

 

 

Doyoung nods. "Jaehyun is coming along. Winwin too."

 

 

"Ah." Yuta bits his bottom lip. It would've been a great opportunity to have fun and reward himself after getting a text awhile back that he made it to the elimination game of school's soccer team. "I'll pass."

 

 

"Oh." Doyoung scowled. "Ten isn't going to let you."

 

 

Yuta made a startled face and looked behind. He's lucky Ten wasn't around and pats Doyoung on the shoulder twice. "I'll make it up to you guys next time." He says, and sprints away.

 

 

But Doyoung was quick on running and grabbed him on the collar, causing Yuta to choke. "Where could you possibly be going? A date?"

 

 

 "A date?" Yuta repeats, standing up straight.

 

 

"Tell me what is it, honestly. I'll make an alibi as to why you're ditching us to Ten."

 

 

Yuta groaned inwardly. Knowing well that Doyoung isn't going to let him go this time. Last Sunday, he told them he's sick to his stomach and ditched all their plans the whole day when all he did was stay his dorm room cleaning up his scattered belongings because Taeyong wouldn't stop muttering and mopping the floor. Yuta was so afraid he didn't dared to step on it that he ends up sleeping while never leaving his bed.

 

 

Doyoung was waiting and before he could grasp him on the neck this time, Yuta leans in and whispered, "I have diarrhea."

 

 

Yuta somewhat regrets his idea of reasoning because Doyoung pushed him hard, but before he could say anything,Yuta grinned at him wide and run away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyong was the one who gets Johnny into reading mangas. At first it was fun to talk about his favorites with someone who's interested and go to bookstores to check out new releases. Until Johnny gets addicted that he had to pester Taeyong into going to bookstores with him every week so he wouldn't be outdated. Taeyong complains a lot and tells him to read on the internet instead but Johnny lectured him about illegal copyrights.

 

 

So when Taeyong gets home with an aching back to what he expects was the smell of shoes, rather he was welcomed with the fragrance of what he assumed the smell of apple freshener. Locking the door behind him, Taeyong was surprised at Yuta peeking out from the bathroom. A huge part of his shirt was soaked with water and he's holding a brush.

 

 

"You came just in time. I finished cleaning." Yuta tells him and beams at Taeyong with his usual wide grin. Showing off his white teeth.

 

 

Taeyong's face scrunched at it. Somehow Yuta's wide grin makes him feel ridiculed. He doesn't know how it happened, but it seemed like everything Yuta does rubs him the wrong way.

 

 

"Hold up a minute." Yuta tells him, closing the bathroom door.

 

 

Taeyong didn't mind him and walks to his bed. Changing from his uniform to his sleeping clothes in a swift motion. He sighed, and finished just in time and Yuta is coming out of bathroom.

 

 

"Have you eaten?" Yuta asked.

 

 

Taeyong hummed a question.

 

 

"I passed by a pizza booth today." Yuta says, setting up the mini table they have in the room. He pulls out two boxes from the paper bag he was holding. "I got one for you."

 

 

"Really?" Taeyong uttered, walking to the table. He was hungry, but cleaning the bathroom and buying him food isn't Yuta's obligation and he wants to make it clear. Just as he was about to talk about it, Yuta pulls him down on the chair.

 

 

"Fries and chicken fingers for you." Yuta tells him, sitting on the opposite and opening Taeyong's box.

 

 

The food indeed was appetizing, but Taeyong felt ashamed when he saw Yuta's hand. "Yuta, your hands."

 

 

"Oh." Yuta pulls back quickly, embarrassed. Taeyong might not eat the food he touched so he offered his untouched one. "I'm sorry, you can have mine---"

 

 

"No, I mean. They're red."

 

 

Yuta looks at his palm and closed them immediately. "It's nothing." He says, giving the other his reassuring smile.

 

 

"You used the bleach without the gloves. Did you hurt yourself?" Taeyong asked, worried, but Yuta only looked down. "Yuta, you don't have to do all this. I'm sorry if I'm making you feel obliged. You bought me lunch earlier and that's enough already."

 

 

Yuta looks at Taeyong, cracking another smile. "But, you always do these cleaning stuffs. And I'm your roommate. So it should be fair that I should help too."

 

 

Taeyong gave him a languid nod. Picking up the fork to eat. It would've been very appetizing if he didn't feel this guilty.

 

 

"You don't like your food?" Yuta asked, worried. "It's okay, you don't have to---"

 

 

"No, I just." Taeyong snorts. "We're not really close friends and I--I find this weird."

 

 

Yuta chuckled. "That's why we should begin today."

 

 

And Taeyong forced a smile, nodding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next days didn't go well as Yuta expected because Taeyong still wasn't talking to him anyway. And he just laughed it off one day when Seulgi asked him where Taeyong was as if he would know, as if Taeyong would tell him. They'll be roommates, classmates and seatmates for a year but treats each other like strangers and Yuta finds it quite hilarious. It's an endless year for their friends too to poke fun at them about it.

 

 

"Nakamoto Yuta the soccer varsity player slash the housecleaner." Ten tells Doyoung excitedly. They were at the arcade and decides to enter the karaoke when they were drained from the games.

 

 

"Why do you always say unnecessary things at unnecessary times you unnecessary monkey." Yuta whacks Ten with the mic. It was Yuta's turn to sing but he couldn't unhear what Ten entitled him. The lyrics started appearing on the screen but Yuta wasn't paying attention anymore. Another token wasted. The first token was when Doyoung entitled him the diarrhea king in the middle of his singing. Second was when Ten lied about phone calling Sooyoung so she could hear Yuta's hearty performance.

 

 

"He just called you an unnecessary person." Doyoung says in a fit of laughter, drumming Ten's leg with his hands.

 

 

"Now I lost my chance to get a hundred. That was our last token, you monkey." Yuta jumps at Ten and fake strangles him.

 

 

"Goddamnit, Yuta. It's over between us!" Ten squaled when Yuta tickled him merciless.

 

 

"Yeah?" Yuta chuckled, trapping Ten in the corner of the small both.

 

 

"Doyoung! Help me!" Ten choked a sob.

 

 

"Nah, I like it. I like watching breakups." Doyoung smiled maniacally.

 

 

Yuta pulled away from Ten, shaking his head. "You're the exact reason why Taeyong dislikes us."

 

 

Doyoung helds his chest in defense, offended. "But excuse me, I don't like him either."

 

 

"He likes Jaehyun." Ten yelps in pain when Doyoung flicks at his forehead.

 

 

"Yeah. Doyoung likes Jaehyun." Yuta quips and was lucky he stepped back quick when Doyoung tries to kick him.

 

 

"It's okay, we still love you." Ten tells him.

 

 

Yuta was waiting for Ten to laugh, or another remark from Doyoung. But instead, he fell limply beside Ten and shoves his face on the other's neck. He squints at their actions and was to about to ask what's happening but decided not to when he saw the way Doyoung was clenching his fist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Man, tell me what's going on with Doyoung?"

 

 

Yuta asked Ten when they were alone in Ten's dorm. Johnny was out and has yet to come home from his dinner with Hansol and Taeil. Yuta doesn't really intrude with anything his friends doesn't tell him but Doyoung's sudden change of mood concerns him lately.

 

 

"Asshat that's Johnny's!"

 

 

Yuta ignored Ten's protest and closed the fridge. Carefully opening the lid of the tiny ice cream cup. "Answer me." He pressed, following Ten on the couch and flopping next to him.

 

 

"I'll tell you when he tells me."

 

 

"You mean you'll tell me when he tells you to tell me." Yuta corrects, chewing on the ice cream loud.

 

 

"It was last week when he said he doesn't feel good about something but he never really told me about it." Ten admits, pushing his hair back. "I thought that something was you and Taeyong being roommates but I'm starting to think it's about himself."

 

 

"Huh?" Yuta huffed. "What does me and Taeyong had to do with---"

 

 

"Come on, even the kids talked about it." Ten says matter of factly.

 

 

"You're changing the topic."

 

 

"You're ditching us because of Taeyong." 

 

 

"I'm not."

 

 

"You are."

 

 

"I'm no---"

 

 

"Go back to your room." Ten stood up, grabbing the empty cup from Yuta's hands.

 

 

"No!" Yuta protested. Sagging deeper in to the couch, but Ten was stronger and able to pull him up.

 

 

"Get out you stinky rat." Ten pushed him by the door, laughing. "Why are you so afraid of him anyway?"

 

 

"I'm not afraid to Tae---"

 

 

"I see your calling his name freely now."

 

 

"No--no no wait wait! Do I still smell like---"

 

 

Ten was smiling maniacally as he manhandles Yuta out of the room. "You do." He quips, and shuts the door on the other's face.

 

 

If there's any way Yuta can go back to his room without having to notice the smell of beer in him, he'd do it. But Taeyong is too sensitive that he wakes up even with the sound of Yuta's careful steps anywhere in their room. He really didn't want to drink but he doesn't want to let Doyoung drink on his own when Ten made his point that he wouldn't. He'd chew several gums already and it worked for his breath, except for his shirt.

 

 

Yuta stealthily walks in, taking off his shirt in a swift motion. Ignoring the piercing gaze Taeyong is throwing at him from his bed.

 

 

"Why are you stripping? Your body isn't even that nice to look at."

 

 

Yuta felt flustered at Taeyong's words that he turned his back on him, rummaging quickly through his closet. He picked a white tank top that Taeyong might have say again, and wears it fast. Ignoring Taeyong's insulting chimes. "I need your help."

 

 

"Of all people, you need my help?" Taeyong cuts him off, making a face and flopping down on his bed.

 

 

Taeyong's dislike for him might be over the rooftop but Yuta would still be trying to reach out on him. He doesn't retaliate to avoid worsening what's already bad that Taeyong has for him. He didn't expect Taeyong to be this mean, but then again it was probably only to Yuta who's presence alone riles him up.

 

 

"You understand these words more than the dictionary." Yuta walks towards Taeyong's bed with his book. His attempt to sit on his bed was a fail because Taeyong is kicking him away.

 

 

"Don't talk to me!" Taeyong screeched, hiding under the covers.

 

 

"It's just one favor." Yuta enunciates. Pulling the covers off of Taeyong who's protesting in return.

 

 

"Ask someone else!" Taeyong yelps when Yuta was triumphant on removing the blanket off him.

 

 

"I'm asking you!" Yuta shouts, pulling his one leg up the bed. Before Taeyong could possibly hit him, Yuta grasps at his wrists and holds them down with Taeyong's head in between. It's getting late and he only wanted Taeyong to help him for tomorrow's quiz on literature. Yuta doesn't know either why he's doing this, trapping the older and gripping on his wrist tighter for him to concede. But seeing the look on Taeyong's face, his fear was evident and Yuta suddenly felt triumphant. A smile made it's way to Yuta's lips, staring down at Taeyong with worried eyes. His handsome face, whatever expression, was stunning. Godly, Yuta thinks, if only he doesn't have a mouth that ruins everything.

 

 

"L--let go of me. I'm going to spit on your face." Taeyong taunts, closing his eyes.

 

 

It wasn't at all intimidating and had Yuta chuckling, freeing his wrists. He pulls back to sit on Taeyong's desk chair, feeling guilty when the other was scratching his red wrists. It was only for fun yet Yuta must've gone too enthralled that he clenched Taeyong too hard.

 

 

"I didn't mean to do that." Yuta says, worried. He reaches out but Taeyong shrugs him away.

 

 

"You are so ing mean."

 

 

Yuta leans back, taken aback by the cuss.

 

 

"And you look so ugly close up." Taeyong spits, grabbing Yuta's book and scans through the pages.

 

 

It would've been very offending if Taeyong didn't look like a silly, sulky kitten while saying it.

 

 

"What kind of birdbrain don't know what this meant, you've been living in Korea for 12 years." Taeyong scowled, pointing on a paragraph on the poem he's sure Yuta is having a hard time understanding.

 

 

"Say that again, I'm telling Hansol hyung." Yuta threatens, although he didn't mean it. Chuckling inwardly by the way Taeyong's shoulder sags.

 

 

"I don't want to talk to you. Give me a pen, I'm gonna rephrase and write it instead."

 

 

"You're really cute." Yuta laughed.

 

 

"Shut up."

 

 

"Cute."

 

 

"Your breath smell like a skunk's."

 

 

As much as he didn't want to be affected by Taeyong's word vomit, Yuta's jaw dropped at the insult.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why do I need to waste my time watching some football game I have no interest in." Taeyong scoffs at Johnny, the last words sounding like a whisper.

 

 

Johnny noticed it, he looks to his back and saw Hansol approaching them. "So, you're coming with us."

 

 

"He is." Kun says, chuckling. He looks around and noticed Ten and Doyoung not around. "Where are his best buds? Usually they're five hours early to doze off at the bleachers. Skipping classes."

 

 

"Ten was sleeping in the library." Taeil says.

 

 

"Doyoung hyung is still at the science laboratory. Winwin too." Adds Jaehyun.

 

 

"What time does the game starts?" Hansol asked.

 

 

"At four." Johnny replies. He pulled Taeyong on the arm and signals for other's to follow him. It's only a quarter to four but they need good seats for the game.

 

 

"Trap him so he doesn't escape." Johnny announces.

 

 

Hansol heard it and exchanged seats with Jaehyun so Taeyong is in between him and Johnny. He gave Taeyong a friendly smile and the younger only looks away.

 

 

"Stop laughing." Taeyong gibes at Johnny. Though, avoiding Hansol's gaze, he slumped on his seat to emphasize his apathy for today's soccer game. Not to mention, it was Yuta's game. "Jaehyun buy me food or I'll cry."

 

 

Laughter erupts from the back. Taeyong directs his eyes to see Ten and Doyoung sitting now, probably laughing at his request.

 

 

"Doyoung, buy me that stuff. Please." Taeyong begs, pointing at the hotdog stall down the bleachers.

 

 

"You're into hotdogs?" Doyoung questions, standing up.

 

 

"What kind of question was that." Kun croaks from his seat.

 

 

If Taeyong disapproves of Yuta's existence, Kun basically would want to choke Doyoung whenever he gets the chance and if it wasn't illegal.

 

 

"Hot. Dogs." Ten accentuates. Earning a pinch on the ear from Taeil.

 

 

"Damn it. It wasn't me." Ten protested. "And he's really going to get you a hotdog, TY." He snickered, amused as he watch Doyoung climb down the stairs.

 

 

 

A loud horn goes off and signals the players that the game was about to start. Just in time that Taeyong finished his food. Ignoring Ten's comment of how fast he can devour big hotdogs. Scanning the pack of players entering the field, Taeyong spots the bowl haircut and laughed when he saw Yuta almost stumbling on his foot. Yuta kept on patting his chest and poking another player who Taeyong guesses was Jungwoo.

 

 

"What's he so nervous about?" Taeyong asked Johnny.

 

 

Doyoung who was leaning in from behind their seats, answered "His team needs to win. If they lose this game, they'd be training for another year."

 

 

"Oh." Taeyong made an 'o' face.

 

 

There are two things he'd notice regarding Yuta. First, after that tutoring incident when Yuta pinned him down on his bed, he was acting clingy. Yuta tries to give him a highfive whenever that Taeyong mostly ignore, but when he forgets it was Yuta and high fives back, Yuta would grab his hand and turns it into a hand shake. Also, there were times Yuta would just sit on his bed when Taeyong is watching anime on his laptop insisting to watch with him. Yuta also made it a habit to pet Taeyong's hair every time they had to part from school, or whenever he's leaving the dorm. Taeyong is sure he'd push the presumptous Yuta enough yet he always return with another comeback that can piss Taeyong even more.

 

 

 

Another thing was Yuta acting like a zombie most of the time in their dorm. If he wasn't working out or skipping meals for his diet, Yuta is a gourmand that eats anything edible he finds. Even so, the pressure on his shoulders for his football matters are visible with the bags under his eyes.

 

 

"So, do we wish he win or not?" Taeyong asked Doyoung who ignored his question.

 

 

Taeyong focuses back on the field. He isn't really inclined of sports, he finds it boring especially soccer. The game progress is slow. Little did he notice that from his sarcasm reactions and cheers, mimicking the people around him, that he was actually watching.  Despite stumbling several times, Yuta was always able to get up quickly to his battlefield yet again.Seeing Yuta playing for his dear life, brings into Taeyong's concrete existence that this Yuta on the field is a dreamer. Taeyong laughs to himself at how emotional his made up metamorphosis about Yuta was, reckoning as why he even thought about that.

 

 

"Nice one." Taeyong muttered to himself when Yuta was jumping around in the field after making a goal.

 

 

"He's so amazing. I'm so proud." Johnny whispers beside him, clapping his hands.

 

 

"Then cry." Taeyong quips. Although he was startled as to how quick Yuta was running and able to steal the ball from the opponent.

 

 

Johnny elbows him.

 

 

Taeyong was about to complain how painful it was when the loud cheer from the audience erupt in stadium, and everyone was standing up and clapping except for him still sitting idly. And the next minute was Johnny and Jaehyun manhandling and pulling him down to the field. Taeyong's protests and screeching fell on deaf ears with the sound of what could be a ditty from the winning team and their audiences and Taeyong doesn't even know what's going on anymore. Maybe his team, Yuta's opponents, won.

 

 

He almost tripped when Johnny and Jaehyun freed him, sprinting away from Yuta who's running towards them. Arms open wide. All their friends shuns away from what could be Yuta's sweaty embrace but Taeyong, who's one shoes was taken off, was left in the middle and begrudgingly received the quick hug.

 

 

"Mother!" Taeyong yelps, feeling his neck and left cheek soaked with undeniably sweat.

 

 

Yuta was quick on stepping back, holding his both hands in defense. "Th--that was water. I swear."

 

 

"Go away." Taeyong wanted to pass out in disgust, kicking on his feet. He runs behind Johnny, wiping himself on his back.

 

 

"Taeyong what the heck." Johnny asserted, shrugging him away but Taeyong's grasp on his uniform was too strong. Sighing in defeat, he lets Taeyong be. He can take off his coat and wash it clean, but Taeyong's despise to Yuta, never anymore.

 

 

Yuta sat on the grass field, clutching at his shoes. Carefully watching Taeyong and Johnny as guilt throbs in his chest. A few seconds ago he was happy for their team's victory, and now, he probably need to find a new dorm to stay in.

 

 

"I--it was Johnny's fault. He pulled away." Was Yuta's failed reasoning. He really didn't intend to do that to Taeyong.

 

 

"But hey that was sweet." Ten says laughing.

 

 

"Don't ever come near me." Taeyong warns.

 

 

Yuta was nodding like an idiot. Pouring a bottled water on his head. Johnny might agree on switching rooms with him now.

 

 

Ten comments about how sad it was when the Titanic sank reenacting the famous movie with Jaehyun. But Taeyong wasn't having any of that anymore so he turned around and departs from them to make his point.

 

 

 

 

Taeyong takes his time in the comfort room. Erasing every sign of Yuta's sweat off him. It's the first time he was forced to watch Yuta's game, and today's mishap was a signal for him to never do it again. It's not that he was grossed out. Maybe only a little of that but he's positive that Yuta is a clean man. It's the thought it was a very uncalled-for gag and Taeyong had to endure such lack of mental maturity.

 

 

He was lucky to find Seulgi in the hallway just as he got out of the comfort room. Taeyong needs to release his annoyance.

 

 

"Why are you still on your laboratory gown? Wait. Did Doyoung left you to do all the work again." Taeyong ask, worried. Forgetting his own concern.

 

 

"Something close to that. Winwin was og help, though. " Seulgi tells him. "Why are you still here? Did you watch the game?"

 

 

And Taeyong finds his chance to tell him what just happened.

 

 

"But Taeyong, that's normal joke for guys." Seulgi tells him that had Taeyong cringing in an instant. "You're friends aren't the sensitive type. Also, you've been living with them for years. Shouldn't you have gotten used to that already."

 

 

Taeyong was about to defend but he still was sane enough to know that Seulgi is making a point so he only juts his bottom lip for her to realize how violated he felt at the moment.

 

 

"And it's unfair for you to hate on someone for no reason."

 

 

"I don't hate Yuta. I just..." Taeyong halts. In wonder if ever Seulgi will consider his reasoning that he doesn't hate Yuta, he just didn't like him.

 

 

"You just?" She asked.

 

 

"Hungry..."

 

 

Seulgi snorts. "Fine, let's get you something to eat. I'll just sign the attendance."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta told that incident at the soccer field would be his last offense and he will get the bone-chilling treatment that he deserves. Taeyong is really intimidating and it didn't matter how cautious Yuta is around him when the perspective was fixed that; Taeyong is right, therefore Yuta is wrong.

 

 

So when Hansol assigns them to do the groceries, Yuta was so belittled from their first step inside the store. He wondered why he hadn't disappeared yet. Yuta was only suggesting and every words he say, Taeyong assumes he was teasing. So when Yuta opts zip his mouth to avoid any more conflict, Taeyong named him a snobbish, useless and ugly jock.

 

 

Yuta was drained not only from pushing the cart, but also from avoiding the tittering gaze the people are sending him upon hearing Taeyong's scolding.

 

 

"Do we need more spices?"

 

 

"I ----"

 

 

"Nevermind. You know nothing about the kitchen." Taeyong says, shaking his head. As though Yuta was never of help this whole time.

 

 

"Then stop asking me." Yuta scoffed, dragging the cart and leaving Taeyong on the food seasonings section.

 

 

"Why are you so angry?" Taeyong stepped back, hurt.

 

 

"I-- I'm not angry." Yuta scoffs, trying his best to calm. Taeyong is so weird. He kept on yelling at Yuta over nothing and when Yuta raised his voice only a little, he's upset.

 

Taeyong only snorts, making a face and stomping away leaving Yuta no choice but the follow him.

 

 

"Are you still mad? When I hugged you?" Yuta asked, hesitant.

 

 

"Don't call it a hug. I have no any affection for you."

 

 

"I didn't say there's affection between us." Yuta quoted the word.

 

 

"My loathing for you isn't downscaling, it's just adding up."

 

 

"Why do you hate me so much?" Yuta queries. They never really talked about this whole warfare matter and now it's his chance to ask Taeyong.

 

 

"I don't like your friends and that includes you." Was Taeyong's quick reply.

 

 

"That doesn't make sense." Yuta retaliates. He grasp at Taeyong's arm to stop him from sprinting away. "You're in better terms with them than you are with me. That can't be the reason."

 

 

"I just don't feel like having you around or talking to you, okay." Taeyong says, facing him. "Stop making a fuss over something so petty."

 

 

Yuta stares back at Taeyong, by the calmness of his gaze, he wonders if Taeyong was lying. No one hot under the collar would be looking that tender. He suddenly feel like embracing Taeyong and telling him Yuta can bear with him whatever goes on. If things aren't too complicated between them. Yuta just want to be his friend.

 

 

"Should we get snacks too?" Taeyong asked, pulling the cart so Yuta is following him.

 

 

"Coke." Yuta answers quick. He'll get used to Taeyong somehow.

 

 

"That'll be hard to carry back to the dorm."

 

 

"I'll call Winwin to give us a hand. But let's get you coffee first."

 

 

Taeyong's eyes lit up at the word, nodding eagerly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hot choco?" Yuta places Taeyong's cup on their table.

 

 

Taeyong hummed, taking it with a smile on his lips. Muttering a "What?" when he noticed Yuta staring.

 

 

"You actually smiled." Yuta says nonchalant, sipping on his americano.

 

 

"Ain't I handsome." Taeyong says, confident.

 

"Handsome?" Yuta repeats. "Cute is the word."

 

 

Taeyong groaned, resting his face on the table. It was unseemly and Yuta pulled him up. "But hey, is it true you're dating Sooyoung? Are you wooing her? Tell me when you two start going out so I can laugh at her."

 

 

It never fails to amuse Yuta at the words that comes out of Taeyong's mouth. Taeyong claims he hates Ten and Doyoung  for being dissing arrogants, but he sort of acts the same. If Taeyong isn't insulting or sarcastic, he's just talking strange.

 

 

"We aren't dating." Yuta says.

 

 

"You sound bitter."

 

 

Yuta wishes Taeyong was just word-mongering and didn't see right through him. "How about you? Johnny told me you've had girlfriends before."

 

 

"So?" Taeyong raised a brow.

 

 

"I'm sure you aren't dating Seulgi so I'm curious----"

 

 

"Oh my god. Finally, thank god." Taeyong says, drammatic. Taking Yuta's hand and burrying his face on them. Finally, someone who isn't malicious. Finally, someone who understands.

 

 

"You're acting weird." Yuta chuckled when Taeyong let's go of him.

 

 

"Seulgi told me not to date anyone unless I really like the person." 

 

 

"What if she likes you?" He asked, curious. It's not impossible for any girl to fall in love with someone so handsome like Taeyong, or someone for a guy to develop a feeling to someone stunningly beautiful and kind like Seulgi. It's not like Taeyong will open up to him or anything but he wants Taeyong to know that he will listen.

 

 

"Impossible." Taeyong fakes a gag.

 

 

"Why not?"

 

 

"I'm not her type."

 

 

"Is she your type?" Yuta interrogates.

 

 

Taeyong shook his head, making a funny face yet again that had Yuta laughing.

 

 

"Stop ruining your face like that."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On a Sunday afternoon, Taeyong was cramming and panicking over homeworks and projects he has yet to finish. They will be having a long quiz in Health subject and the deadline for his Arts nature sketch is due tomorrow. He can revise his notes to sleep but sketching is a huge problem for someone so incapable like Taeyong. Sure he befriended the right person, Seulgi, who's drawing skills are blessed and God's gift.

 

 

The girl's dorm located two streets away that Taeyong had to run back and fourth. There was a policy that only female student's can enter the girl's dorm, and vice versa. Taeyong forgotten about this, so when the guard blocked his way in, he had to run back to the male dorm and ask for consent to the admission.

 

 

Taeyong was lucky Seulgi wasn't sleeping by the time and he waited for her at the cafeteria on a seperate building, just beside the dorm.

 

 

"Oh Seulgi, what would I do without you." Taeyong says, admiring the art in front of him.

 

 

"You'd probably draw two clouds, a sun, and some birds that look like Joohyun's eyebrows." Seulgi says, laughing. And walks Taeyong near the gate.

 

 

Taeyong heartily situates the art paper inside his folder. Carefully closing it as he passed by the security guard still throwing  draggers at him. When he was out of the foyer, he saw a familiar figure outside, standing and on his phone.

 

 

"Doyoung!" He calls, sprinting towards him.

 

 

Doyoung pulled his phone away and looks back, startled.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Taeyong asked. And by the look of Doyoung's surprised reaction, Taeyong guesses he was going to ask the same thing so he says, "I asked Seulgi to sketch my project for me."

 

 

"Shouldn't you asked Renjun." Doyoung says, and signals Taeyong to leave together.

 

 

"Renjun can draw?" He asked. Taeyong is aware that Renjun is intellectually bright but the fact that he can draw is a new information.

 

 

Doyoung nods. "Have you seen their room? He painted it with Mark."

 

 

"I haven't." Taeyong says, sadly.

 

 

"Oh, I forgot you aren't close with any of them." Doyoung chuckled. It was understandable at the beginning because of Taeyong's intimidating cold face. But the kids probably doesn't hang around him much because Taeyong is too sensitive.

 

 

"I love them."

 

 

Doyoung hummed. "Hey, wanna hang out tonight?"

 

 

"Huh. You and me?"

 

 

"Nah. Johnny, Jaehyun and I. We're going to the flower park for air. It's quiet there, and relaxing."

 

 

Taeyong doesn't usually come with his friend's hangouts but he might be needing some air tonight so he nods.

 

 

When they got back to the dorm, Taeyong told Doyoung he's going to change his clothes. When he entered their room, Yuta on his desk looks at him.

 

 

"Where have you been?" He asked.

 

 

Taeyong raised his brow at him. The last time he checked, he didn't have any obligation to tell Yuta about his errands. But the younger kept on putting his nose into Taeyong's business. He ignores the question, rummaging through his clothes and find a hoodie. He was about to take his shirt off, but he looks back to Yuta staring at him.

 

 

"Don't look." He orders and Yuta turned around. Allowing Taeyong to change from his shirt to a brown hoodie.

 

 

"You just got back, are you leaving again?" Yuta asked again, walking towards him.

 

 

Taeyong nods, spraying his hair with hair spray. Yuta, who's standing too close, steps back.

 

 

"Where are you going?"

 

 

"The hell do I have to tell you?" Taeyong scoffs, facing him. Brushing his hair hair up with his hands, mindful that Yuta is watching him upclose, staring,  "What?"

 

 

"Nothing. I didn't think you're someone who'd put effort to look good and, " Yuta leans in a little, inhaling. "You smell nice."

 

 

Taeyong rolled his eyes, weirded out at whatever point Yuta is trying to make and ignored his comment. Besides, he's leaving any minute now. Taeyong swore he's about to lose ground when Yuta still followed him to the shoe racks.

 

 

"Why not wear the slip-on?"

 

 

It was a great question to explain himselft if it wasn't Yuta who's asking. He didn't wanna wear them so Taeyong doesn't stumble on his feet, a conventional occurence when he does, just so Taeil has nothing to back it up with when he claimed Taeyong was sloppy.

 

 

"They're snuggy and comfortable."

 

 

"Can you like not." Taeyong stood up straight, trying to be intimidating. But Yuta and him are of the same height and eye contacts with him is something Taeyong would trade for anything. He wonders if Yuta is in a good mood, or if being talkative is a part of him that Taeyong has been failing to notice since the beginning.

 

 

Yuta makes a gesture to zip his mouth and puts his lips into a thin line. It was so philosophical that sets Taeyong teeth on edge. He crouched down, kneeling on the floor.

 

 

Taeyong was about to yell what he's doing when he noticed his left shoelace untied, and Yuta ties it for him. Yuta could've just say it and Taeyong could do it himself, but Yuta is looking up at him with his usual grin and Taeyong forgotten what he was gonna say muttering a "Thanks." , instead. In an honest matter, Taeyong could've break his nose on his first step if Yuta didn't fixed it for him. This time, he didn't shut the door on Yuta's face, but closed it carefully.

 

 

He makes his way to their floor's lobby room and saw Johnny and Jaehyun talking. He'd ask why they're the only ones going but he might only give Johnny some unfunny idea like inviting Hansol or Ten.

 

 

"Taeil lends us his car." Johnny tells them.

 

 

"Doyoung hyung is still changing." Jaehyun tells Taeyong who nods.

 

 

"I'm too sleepy, I don't think I can drive." Johnny says, yawning. "Let's have Taeyong's boyfriend drive for us."

 

 

Taeyong wants to complain that Yuta isn't his boyfriend and that he doesn't want him to come with them but Taeil is giving the keys to Doyoung who's approaching them, a quiet "Oh." slips off his mouth.

 

 

Johnny, who noticed this asked, "Why? Who were you thinking?"

 

 

"Yuta hyung?" Jaehyun guesses, laughing.

 

 

Taeyong hissed, hitting the younger on the chest. Jaehyun never before. It's unimaginable what Jaehyun can become spending so much with Ten and Doyoung.

 

 

"Can he come over with us?" Johnny asked Doyoung, laughing.

 

 

Taeyong is going to back down on this trip if Doyoung agreed, but he didn't and scolds the two to leave Taeyong alone. It's one of those days when Taeyong is glad  that Doyoung stands up for him instead of harassing him.

 

 

 

 

Their dinner order came just in time when they reached the park. It was a wide area, with mostly grass and benches and people come here for picnics. Most visitors are students that come here to study. They chose a place nearby the trees where they lay their blankets. It was cold and Taeyong made the right decision to wear hoodie, unlike Jaehyun who's complaining how cold it was on his v-neck shirt.

 

 

After eating, they didn't talk much and Johnny announces he's going to sleep. Jaehyun left them and join the bunch of teenagers playing volleyball somewhere close. Taeyong lies down with his book, too. Resting his head on Doyoung's stomach.

 

 

"Hey, Doyoung." He calls, but the younger is too absorbed on his phone. "Is it true Jaehyun is dating with that cashier girl at store in front of our school? She's eight years older."

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

"Pay attention to me when I'm talking to you." Taeyong scolds, taking his phone.

 

 

Doyoung probably didn't want to argue so instead of scratching his phone back, he clicks the lock button. "Are we really going to talk behind his back? And where did you get that from?"

 

 

Taeyong juts his bottom lip. He could take yes or no for an answer. Yet, Doyoung seemed so upset. As though Taeyong isn't Jaehyun's friend and has no single right on his privacy.

 

 

"Poor Jaehyun is only being generous helping her close the store yet some people had to do him dirty by making things up." Doyoung sighed loud.

 

 

Making Taeyong looks up at him. Taeyong tries to make out whether it's worry or sadness on his face. And he regrets even asking. He could've just gone back on revising his notes and lets himself frown on curiosity. Just as he was scanning through the pages, his phone started buzzing and there was a text.

 

 

>From: XXXX-102695

 

have u seen my tooth brush? :D

 

 

 

can't you let me have fun without you even just for a day.

 

 

 

:O

 

 

 

are u having fun without me? :--(

 

 

 

when did i have fun with you?

 

 

>From: XXXX-102695

 

study well. I miss u <3

 

 

 

wtf

 

 

>From: XXXX-102695

 

taeyong it wasn't me it was ten

 

 

 

"I didn't know the two of you are in texting terms now." Doyoung says, startling Taeyong who's oblivious to him peeking on his phone. "You've always told me he's a but...Ain't he nice and sweet."

 

 

"He's nothing close to any of that." Taeyong rolled his eyes. "Besides, it was probably Ten texting and not him."

 

 

"I was talking about Ten, he's nice and sweet." Doyoung corrected.

 

 

"What." Taeyong huffs, baffled. "You're like Johnny, when will you s let me live!" He rolls over, burying his face on Doyoung's stomach and biting him.

 

 

"God, Taeyong." Doyoung yelps.

 

 

"The signboard did say PDA isn't allowed here."

 

 

Surprised, Taeyong sat up only to find Ten and Yuta arrived. The latter handing a plastic bag of what could be coke to Doyoung.

 

 

"You used your motorbike to come here?" Doyoung asked Ten.

 

 

"Yeah." Ten nods, and turned to Taeyong. Handing him a small paper bag. "We met Seulgi at the entrance. She told me to gave you that so you could study well. Chocolates, I guess."

 

 

"Is she alone?" Was Doyoung's question.

 

 

It was the same question Yuta asked Seulgi when they met at the park. Assumably, they are worried of her too as much as Taeyong is.

 

 

"She's with Irene." Yuta was the one who answered.

 

 

"We need more players!" Jaehyun was shouting from afar, waving his hands at them.

 

 

"Sure, let me step on their faces." Ten confidently says, running towards him.

 

 

"He's playing with gradeschoolers."

 

 

Doyoung follows too. Leaving a sleeping Taeyong, Yuta and sleeping Johnny on their picnic blanket.

 

 

"Aren't you joining them? Why did you come here?" Taeyong asked Yuta who's sitting down.

 

 

"Ten pulled me here. I thought you were with Seulgi."

 

 

Taeyong shook his head. "Are you drunk?"

 

 

"Do I smell?"

 

 

"Not really. But your eyes, they're red. Are you okay?" Taeyong asked, but he swore he isn't worried. Only inquisitive about what Doyoung told him that Yuta doesn't easily open up to anyone, not even to them.

 

 

Yuta looks away to where their friends are playing. "I don't know how to play that."

 

 

"Look at those guys bothering them." Taeyong points his lips at Seulgi and Irene. He stood up, pulling Yuta with him. "Come on, let's pretend we're their boyfriends."

 

 

"What?" Yuta asked, baffled. Although letting Taeyong pull him. "Wait, do we leave Johnny?" He asked. Poor guy sleeping alone in a funny position on a huge blanket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta was certain they did reported the AC malfunctioning to the management last week. Taeyong even e-mailed and phone called the administrators. The airconditioner in their room overheats often. Today, it went off that had him awoken at 5 in the morning. He was covered in sweat and rushes straight to the bathroom to shower.

 

 

It's still too early to come to school so Yuta tries to see what he can do. Cleaning the machine by wiping the dust off it's cooler in an attempt to fix it.

 

 

"Turn it back on Yuta I swear!"

 

 

"Good morning to you too, Taeyong." Yuta tells him. Although hopeless at the current situation, Yuta laughs at Taeyong looking so ridiculous with his disheveled hair and a scowling sleepy face.

 

 

"I swear! Yuta if you don't turn the AC  back on I'm gonna---" Taeyong sits up.

 

 

"What are you doing." Yuta whispers when Taeyong takes off his own shirt abruptly. It was hot in their room and understandable for anyone to be pissed to wake bathing in sweat because of the heat. But it's too early for Taeyong to yell and their neighbor rooms might be awoken from their noise. Yuta wouldn't want to be scolded this early.

 

 

He gets down from the desk chair he's stepping on and dashed through window, opening it for the air to go in. It might cool the room a bit, at least. But Taeyong is non-stop with his groaning and complaining and Yuta guesses he wouldn't until he's seeing him. So Yuta went back to his bed to take his coat and backpack, brushing his hair quick and leave their room.

 

 

 

 

It's exactly six o'clock when Yuta reach their school. He still have two hours to wait for his first class, wondering what there is to do. There are a few students around and Yuta surmised they're class organizers or club participants. Even he and his football team have to train at 5 am on Tuesdays.

 

 

He heads to the cafeteria for breakfast first, thinking about making use of the library to sleep and revise his Health notes a bit. The quiz reminded him of Taeyong that had him snickering a little upon what happened last night. Just in time when the crew hands him his tray of food and sends him a questioning look. Yuta smiles bashfully  and shook his head, feeling embarrassed and reminds himself to take a table far from the store.

 

 

Last night when Taeyong pulled him to where Seulgi and Irene were being bothered by some strangers, he was making a quick speech in his head how to shoo them away. Because he remembered correctly that Taeyong did said they had to pretend they we're the girls' boyfriends. Yet when they approached, Taeyong told the guys, "Why are you bothering these two girlfriends on a date?". Yuta's jaw dropped along with the guys, yet it worked and departs from them. He imagined Seulgi being pissed at Taeyong's remark yet she was nonchalant with Irene and thanked the two of them. Saying the guys that are probably on their last year of middle school have been bothering them for awhile.

 

 

Yuta was about to take a seat when he noticed familiar figures on the far left of the cafeteria. It was Doyoung and he makes his way to them, surprised that it was Sooyoung standing up and bowing at him.

 

 

"Oh...hey." Yuta stutters his greeting.

 

 

"Good morning. I'll go ahead." She smiled and Yuta nods like an idiot. She looks tired.

 

 

Soccer training was tiresome enough. But the people in the theatro works their minds off for performance ideas, in additional to creating props, beffiting choreographies and powerful vocalizations. Being always present at any school events. There must always be a creative different concepts.

 

 

Yuta watches her leave. It wasn't like any attraction he felt to anyone before, it was different, probably something more than that but he couldn't find the words to interpret it. He tried explaining it to Ten once but the younger accused it was simply lust and Yuta quickly dismisses the topic. Everything about Sooyoung draws him in. The butterflies in his stomach are frantic that he couldn't even utter a word when she's around. He stopped playing the pretend-not-to-be-too-obvious too because his eyes couldn't see anything else whenever she's in sight.

 

 

He was probably staring for too long and Doyoung tapped the table. 

 

 

Yuta was pulled out of his trance and looks at Doyoung, placing his tray on the table and takes a seat. "Did you two get the main roles again?" He asked, hoping his voice didn't sound weird.

 

 

He nods. "You're here for a training?"

 

 

"Not really." Yuta answers, beggining to eat. The soup tastes better when it's hot. "The AC broke and Taeyong's blaming me for it, I had to leave."

 

 

"He still treats you like ." Doyoung chaffed, trying not to laugh.

 

 

"Seems like everyone have taken a liking in doing so. It must be fun to treat me like crap, don't you think?"

 

 

Doyoung hissed, leaning back. "Dude, if you're this dramatic you should've been an actor instead of a player, since we need a replacement."

 

 

Yuta tries to shake off whatever it is that's bothering him and shook his head.

 

 

"Still considering of trading rooms with Jae?"

 

 

"Not really." Yuta says, sipping on his coffee. "Taeyong had the attention span of a one year old. He often forgets that he's mad at me anyway."

 

 

"He does and says what he wants. He was a tough guy in grade school."

 

 

"He still is." Yuta agrees. "Taeyong is someone who'd punch anyone that pesters Seulgi."

 

 

"Definitely."

 

 

"Ten told me Taeyong was your type." Yuta digs in. He doesn't really disregard the fact that anyone of his friends can be gay, because it didn't matter at long as they treat each other fairly. Though he doesn't really know what's a joke to what is not his friends tell him. So he simply notes what they say, without actually believing them. What has changed? He wants to add.

 

 

"Well yeah, why not." Was Doyoung's answer.

 

 

Yuta only nods. Doyoung could be lying, considering how excited he gets every time they hang out with pretty girls. He doesn't remember Doyoung talking about being by guys, unless Doyoung only tells Ten and keeps it from him.

 

 

 

The afternoon classes ended with Yuta spacing out through most of it. Taeyong probably noticed he was distracted, pestering the whole day when he figures Yuta is in no mood to talk. Perhaps he's trying to get on Yuta's nervous, considering how much he claims Yuta has gotten on his.

 

 

"Do you think you did well on the quiz?" Taeyong asked.

 

 

"I didn't study."

 

 

The two of them talking and walking side by side in the hallways after class is a very unfamiliar scene. But Yuta isn't angry and laughing inwardly at how persistent Taeyong is on attempting to annoy him.

 

 

"Are you going anywhere?" Yuta asked calmly and he heard Taeyong sighed, probably given up.

 

 

"Seulgi orders to buy her a book."

 

 

"Where?"

 

 

"At the plaza."

 

 

"Can I come with you?" Yuta asked.

 

 

"Don't you have a practice at 4."

 

 

"Oh. How did you know?"

 

 

"I had it marked on my weekly schedule as quality time with myself without Yuta around." Taeyong tells him with a bright smile.

 

 

He's really hopeless, Yuta thinks. "So let's go?"

 

 

 

 

The bookstore was bigger than Taeyong describes it to be. They used the computer search log at the entrance but therethere exists hundred of books of almost the same title and Seulgi didn't face them much information to be sure.

 

 

They've been roaming around for awhile, marking the list of the book shelves they already searched through. This time, it was a tall shelf that they had to use the stair. Yuta insists he'd do it instead of Taeyong to avoid any accidents and ask of him to hold the stairs for support instead.

 

 

"Is this one?" Yuta asked for the umpteenth time, showing another book to Taeyong yet again.

 

 

"Yuta, no! Color aqua blue not sky blue." Taeyong glowers at him.

 

 

"Huh? Isn't that the same? How would I know." Yuta scratches the back of his head, placing the book back.

 

 

"You're so boring. This is why Sooyoung doesn't like you back." Taeyong quips.

 

 

Yuta's intellect was cautious at the mention of the name. It had nothing to do with the petulant spat they're having so he guesses Taeyong only said it out of nowhere.

 

 

"You're right." He says bitterly, chuckling. This isn't the first time Taeyong is mentioning this matter but Yuta isn't ticked off at the intrusion. Maybe because it was Taeyong. But that argument is pretty much as unreasonable. "Taeyong, I found it."

 

 

Taeyong gasped. "Really?"

 

 

Yuta hummed, picking the book. "I think it's this one." He hands the book to Taeyong who got a little too excited. "Taeyong, I'm going to--'I'm going to fall. Hold the stairs, please!"

 

 

"Have you not fell already?" Was his witty remark, laughing.

 

 

Yuta knows what it was Taeyong is pertaining to and he laughed, relieved that   The other is supporting the stairs again as he climbs down. "Are you hungry?" His question fell on deaf ears because Taeyong is too occupied with his phone. Probably telling Seulgi the good news. "I'm sure she's aware there are thousands of books titled 'Messages', she might just be fooling you around."

 

 

Taeyong looks at him.

 

 

"Also don't do this when you're alone. You're so sloppy. To assist an injured roommate isn't something I look forward to." Yuta chuckled, but Taeyong was unmmoving and looking perplexed.

 

 

"That's fine. Seulgi will take care of me." Taeyong says, confident.

 

 

"Really? She'd help you change? She'd accompany you to the bathroom? Tell me." Yuta queries, a playful smirk on his lips. He studied Taeyong's face, brows knitted and lips pulled into a thin line,  and he looks rather intolerably fascinating when he's puzzled. Yuta regrets this initiation since he'd long admitted to himself how envy he's always been to Taeyong's ridiculously handsome face.

 

 

"Why are you staring? You have the hots for me?" Taeyong asked, pulling a disgusted face.

 

 

It took Yuta's unawares, stiffly shaking his head. He mimics the way Taeyong's face would contort and the other laughs at this. Yuta thinks it's a majour coup to be able to laugh with Taeyong so casually like this. Their friends should've saw this scene between the two of them instead of their horrible imagines.

 

 

He left Taeyong inside the library in line to pay for the book. Yuta waits outside, tapping on his foot. A weary sigh escapes his lips at the discrepancy of his surroundings. It's like when he was with Taeyong, in between their unnecessary bickers and laughters, he forgotten all his worries. Now that Taeyong isn't around, Yuta is....

 

 

"Yuta! You left me!"

 

 

Yuta looks at Taeyong sprinting towards him. But he was too late to dodge and Taeyong whacks his head with the book they've look through for two hours. "Hey what was that for!"

 

 

"Race to the station?" Taeyong shouts, looking impatient.

 

 

Laughing, Yuta stood up running ahead of him. "To the station!"

 

 

"Cheater!"

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

there won't be much chapters but every update will be long. thank you for reading T.T