Hajime Lemon

Sour Lemon

This was initially meant to be a one shot but I had so many ideas for this story so here's the beginning!

      I hope you like it! (◕‿◕✿)

 

⚠WARNING⚠: STRONG LANGUAGE

 

 

"Wow. School was bloody it was." Seolhyun rants as she drops her school bags on the lemon shaped rug beside her room door. She makes her way towards her bed and pats it repeatedly, trying to make it something close to comfortable. She lifts her legs onto the bed prior to knelling down carefully. She clasps her fingers together and bows her head before talking to her mother.

 

... This place is full of vibrant people, colours decorate my surroundings beautifully, it makes me so happy and I know it does the same for you mum ...

 

"Seolhyun..."
"Yes mummy?"

 

I remember when we would go to the supermarket together... each visit, you would never fail to take me to the fruits and veg aisle... to see the lemons of course. You would hold my hand protectively and gaze deep into my eyes with great affection...

 

"One day my dear Seolhyun, I want to see you glow and expand your never ending warmth and love to others."

 

You've always wanted the best for me...

 

"I want to see the happiness and the exciting shade of yellow to shine within you just like these lemons do for me"
 

Your laugh, it's so contagious 

 

"As if you dont already"

 

 

And your rough but somewhat gentle kisses on my cheeks as you'd lift me up and hug me tight, as if you never ever wanted to let me go. You treasured me dearly, I know that, I could feel it through every single action.

 

"But mummy, aren't lemons sour?"
"Aren't lemonades sweet?" 

 

Turning negatives into a positive, something you engraved in me since I was a child. How wonderful. I want to glow. I want to exude that exciting shade of yellow, I want to do it... for you mum

 

"Let's go home"

 

...But I can't... Because I'm a lemon obsessed freak

 

Seolhyun slumps deeper into her citrus yellow bed sheets as she groans a guilt filled "Sorry."
"Agh! Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry!"
 She rolls around back and forth grunting and apologising several times over to her mother. She stops and opens her eyes slightly letting the feeling of failure eat her up inside 

"I hope heaven provides lemons mum, you can go to town with those eh?"

Seolhyun exhales heavily, lips sealing into a smile. She turns on to her back, arms, legs ,fingers and toes splayed across the duvet
"I miss you..." she whispers hopelessly at her sunset yellow ceiling. "...I love you" she gently closes her eyes. Seolhyun stays stationary momentarily before she hops out of bed, zooms through her dorm room door and skips her way to the nearest convenience store.

The convenience store, a place where people shop for essentials such as groceries. The pace is sluggish as per usual, old people wobbling their way around sharp corners, children bawling their eyes out in the sweets section, a bunch of misfit school kids stealing the classic 25 pence strawberry laces and sour pops, the crazy lemon worshiping regular customer who shoves thier head into the pile of lemons you know, the same old same old.

"Uwah!~♡"

She exclaims happily turning in the air elegantly with a small lemon in hand. "You're so cute and small, bright yellow too! I have to buy you now ah~♡" she baby talks the lemon, tickling her index finger against it 

"Who's a good lemon, who's a good lemon? You are, you are!" She squeals rubbing the lemon against her cheek exhaling in a dreamy manner but stops suddenly when she gets to the till.

"That'll be 50 pence"

"50 pence?!  But its a small lemon! Shouldn't it be 25?"

"50 pence or no lemon"

Seolhyun shoots the cashier a nasty screw face whilst the cashiers stays poker.
"How dare you..." she mutters under her breath. 
I need this lemon... I gotta think of something. 
Seolhyun knows she's a pretty girl, guys are attracted to her all the time but that's right up till her illuminous yellow dorm room stings their eyes and burns their attraction towards her completely.
Words gone around that Park Seolhyun is a weirdo who caresses lemons on a daily so they don't really anymore but that doesn't mean her looks have shriveled up along with her reputation does it?

"B-but sir"

she puckers out her baby pink lips, swaying her body from side to side

"I've only got 25 pence, n-not 50..."

she makes sure to make her eyes sparkle as much as possible. She wells up her tears to the perfect amount, just enough to hang off the corners of her eyes.

He better fall for this sh-

"50 pence or no lemon"

Oh you stubborn son of a...

"Pwease pwease~♡"

her cute girl act is crumbling as she's begun to tantrum and her ever growing anger is seeping through. 
"Just! This! Time! ...pwease..?"

"50 pence or no lemon"

"50 pence or my !"

Seolhyun shouts at the cashier and attempts to make a run for it. The automatic doors are about to close on her but her slim figure just about makes it through 

"We're going home my little lemon! Woohoo!"

She boasts in the distance. She doesn't forget to gift the cashier a quick middle finger before skipping back to the dorms.

 "Ha!"


"... And here my loyal subjects, is the lemon tramp in live action." her heels click loudly against the convenience store tiled floors 


"Pathetic."


She spits,  double tapping the recording button on her iPhone 7 in order to end the tape. She glares at the thumbnail of a smiling Seolhyun in disgust.
"You better smile while it lasts darling, because once this goes around..."she giggles sweetly "there'll be nothing but tears left" she tucks her phone in to her Chanel bag and catwalks her way out the door, her bleach blonde hair flows richly behind her.