What Kind of Expression can Deliver My Heart?

Help Me, S.O.S

Wonwoo was all too familiar with the look on Vernon's face whenever Seungkwan sang. There was so many emotions present in just one expression. Awe, admiration, longing, amazement- Wonwoo liked to sum it all up as lovesickness.

And there was no other word as perfect enough as that. Vernon was just so lovesick to the point where Wonwoo would get second-hand embarrassment.

Like now for example. It had already been a good fifteen minutes after Seungkwan's performance and Vernon was still staring at him from a couple of rows away like he was the most amazing thing that graced the Earth.

Seungkwan was sitting in front, two rows away from them. He was sitting with his usual group. Although Seungkwan could get along with just about anybody, he had his usual group that he would always be with. And just like Wonwoo's group they sat in order by instinct. Jeonghan at one end, Jisoo next to him, then Seokmin, then Seungkwan, and finally their supposed leader Jihoon.

Eventually, Seungkwan must have felt eyes on him- how could he not? Vernon's stare was a little too intense- because he suddenly whipped his head around. Vernon quickly looked away trying to look casual. Seungkwan stared at him curiously for a while until Jisoo tapped him on the shoulder and gained his attention.

Wonwoo shook his head.

"That's it," Wonwoo said. "You need to do something about this little crush of yours."

"Little?" Mingyu asked.

"Okay, huge," Wonwoo corrected.

"Gigantic," Mingyu continued. "Obvious, loud, embarrassing-"

"Okay, I get it!" Vernon said, exasperated. He stared at the ground and picked at the helm of his uniform. Wonwoo stared at him curiously, wondering why he suddenly got so quiet.

"You're right," Vernon finally mumbled. "I need to get over this crush. It's going nowhere."

Wonwoo stared at him in shock and then face palmed so hard that he made Mingyu look at him alarmingly.

"That's the exact opposite of what I want you to do!" Wonwoo shouted at him. His forehead stung a bit. He wished that their "dad" was here to advise him but alas, Seungcheol was on stage giving the tokens to the teachers. Looks like Wonwoo and Mingyu had to act as the parents for a while. (Wonwoo felt a little flustered at the thought of them being parents. He quickly shoved the thought away.)

"It's going nowhere because you're not doing anything!" Wonwoo continued.

"Yeah, you gotta drop hints," Mingyu said, "Like buying food for him!"

"Pick-up lines will definitely do the trick." Wonwoo said.

"Or- you can start by talking to him normally." Seungcheol said, having just finished his task and was retreating back to his seat. He only heard bits of their conversation but upon seeing Vernon's flushed face and using context clues he easily deciphered what their conversation was about.

"Oh yeah," Mingyu said, laughing, "You barely talk to him!"

"I- I get shy, okay!?" Vernon admitted covering his face. "You guys are so embarrassing!"

The other three laughed at the youngest's pain.

"That's the thing," Seungcheol said, "Why are you afraid to talk to him?"

"I'm just scared that I'll say something stupid, you know how I am."

"Well, you've said lots of stupid things in class and everybody in class still likes you." Mingyu pointed out.

"Yeah, don't even worry about it, Vernonie." Seungcheol said, trapping Vernon in a headlock and ruffling his hair.

"Look," Wonwoo said, wanting to get it over with. "Seungkwan is a pretty easy-going guy. You'll be surprised to find that you don't have to try that hard to talk to him. Besides, you shouldn't be nervous talking to him either way. As corny as it sounds, just be yourself. If he doesn't like you- which I highly doubt- then you shouldn't waste anymore time on him."

"Wonwoo's right," Mingyu said, beaming and nodding his head.

"Okay, that's it!" Seungcheol said, letting go of Vernon's neck. "You are going to talk to him after the program and that is final."

Vernon' eyes widened in panic, "But what do I say!?"

Wonwoo shrugged, "Praise him on his outstanding performance. You must have a lot of good things to say to him considering that lovesick expression on your face a while ago."

Mingyu laughed, making Wonwoo's stomach do summersaults.

Maybe Wonwoo was being a little hypocritical about lovesickness.

_______________

Hansol couldn't do this. As the program finally finally ended and as the students started to scatter, Hansol was hopping that his friends would forget about the whole talking to Seungkwan business.

Because that was ridiculous. Seungkwan and Hansol had a pretty okay relationship. They greeted each other when they happen to pass by. Seungkwan made sure to wish him luck every time he was about to leave for a basketball game. Also going as far as congratulating him whenever he won and cheering him up on less fortunate days. Thus, Hansol made sure to cheer on Seungkwan whenever he competed in singing contests either on his own or with the rest of the school's music club.

Sure, it wasn't as close as Hansol could've liked but he didn't want to somehow mess up and make Seungkwan farther than he already was. Although now that he thought about it, there was really no harm in talking to someone he liked, right?

Having a crush was tiring, Hansol found out. They'll get you worked up for no reason at all and make you freak out over the tiniest things.

"Vernon."

Hansol turned to Seungcheol who was looking at him expectantly. Seungcheol then jerked his thumb over where Seungkwan was standing, talking to his friends. They didn't seem to be going anywhere soon.

Vernon nodded and started walking over his direction. His friends stared at him, pleasantly surprised. They grinned and followed behind him.

"That's the spirit, Vernonie!" Mingyu grinned, wrapping his arm around his shoulders.

Hansol had no idea where he got the sudden flare of bravery but it was starting to fade out as he got closer to his destination. Oh man, how was he going to start the conversation?

Forget it.

"Seungkwan!" He called out.

Said singer turned his head. Seungkwan looked surprised at first but then quickly beamed at him. Hansol couldn't stop his own grin.

"You- uh." Hansol scratched his head, suddenly finding the ground very interesting. No, this was not happening- he can not have a mental breakdown right now. Not when he finally, finally had the courage to do something as small as congratulating his crush on a job well done.

Well, might as well just get this over with.

"You did absolutely amazing today," Hansol finally said. His friends nodded in agreement. He could basically hear their mental sighs of relief when he didn't say something stupid.

"Ah!" Seungkwan looked flustered. He looked away and let out a laugh. "You don't have to say that! It wasn't that- I mean I didn't do anything- It was just a-"

"He means 'thank you'." Jisoo translating with a smile.

Seungkwan glared at him, "I was just about to say that!"

They laughed at that. Mustering up all the courage he had left, Hansol continued.

"No, I mean it," Hansol said a little too serious. "You absolutely blew the crowd away. Your voice is truly something else. And the emotions when you're singing just seem to come naturally."

Both Seungkwan's and Hansol's faces were red once he was done.

"Ugh, thank you." Seungkwan said, covering his red face. It was pretty useless since his ears were also red. Hansol found it endearing that even though Seungkwan seemed to constantly crave attention based on how loud he always was, he still got flustered with simple praises.

"Seriously," Hansol said, trying to get his message across. "Your emotions come naturally. I can even see them through your expressions when you perform. You always look so amazing and pret- uh."

"Man!" Seungcheol quickly interrupted, "I am hungryWell, we got to go. Bye!"

Seungwan looked a little confused, "Uh, okay? Thank you so much for your kind words!"

"Dude." Wonwoo simply stated after they exchanged good byes.

"I know." Hansol said.

"What was that!?" Seungcheol laughed, "I said start by talking to him normallyYou were this close to flirting."

"I know." Hansol said, covering his face. He was getting tired of blushing.

"Well, at least he didn't seem to catch that last word." Mingyu beamed at him, patting his back.

"Let's just hope that you can initiate a normal conversation with him again on your own." Wonwoo said.

"Come on, Vernonie," Seungcheol said, wrapping a supportive arm around his shoulders. "You don't have to be shy anymore. See? You talked to him and nothing bad happened. In fact, he seemed really happy."

They were right, of course.

__________

Mingyu was happy to see Vernon finally, finally do something about his "little" crush.

Mingyu tend to see them talking to each other more these days. Whenever he went by during lunchtime to pick him up, Vernon would be talking and laughing with Seungkwan. They would then bid each other goodbye, and go to their respective "groups" to eat lunch. (Mingyu wondered if their "group" had a name. He should bring up that thought up during lunch.)

"Vernon!" He called.

"Yes, I'm coming!" Vernon said, slowly standing up and flashing an apologetic smile at Seungkwan. "Sorry, I have to go- you should eat now too! Let's continue this later?"

Seungkwan nodded and smiled back, "Yeah, Jihoonie and the others must be waiting for me. See you later!"

As soon as Seungkwan left, Mingyu flashed Vernon a knowing smile. Vernon looked at him uncertainly.

"What?"

"Oh nothingI'm just happy that you're making progress." Mingyu playfully bumped their shoulders.

"Let's just go." Vernon said, walking towards the canteen.

They waved at Seungcheol and Wonwoo as they saw them at their table.

"You know," Mingyu said as they sat down. "You can speed up your progress with Seungkwan more with subtle flirting."

Vernon stared at him blankly. Poor kid.

"Subtle flirting is when you flirt but-"

"Yeah, I know what subtle flirting is."

"Oh," Mingyu said, "Well, don't worry! I'll teach you how to do it!"

Wonwoo snorted at that.

"As if you know the basics to flirting."

"Hey!" Mingyu said, offended. "I've made advances on a certain someone numerous times! I've got a few tricks up my sleeves."

It's just that that "certain someonewould always either reject or ignore those advances.

"Uh huh," Seungcheol said, amused. "And what do you plan to do?"

Mingyu turned to Vernon.

"We're going to express your feelings through food."

Seungcheol and Wonwoo bursted out laughing.

"What?" Wonwoo gasped out, holding his stomach.

Mingyu pouted.

"Ugh, you wouldn't understand the mind of an artist." Mingyu said, crossing his arms and looking away.

They all bursted out laughing because of that.

"Just what are you trying to say?" Seungcheol said, shaking his head and smiling fondly.

"Vernon here is going to make Seungkwan something. And it's going to be delicious, and special, and romantic, and Seungkwan's going to love it!" Mingyu declared with so much confidence that the others almost believed it. Except for one tiny fact.

"Didn't Vernon burn water once?" Seungcheol brought up.

Mingyu winced.

"That's exactly why The Visuals is going to help him."

"The what."

"The Visuals," Mingyu simply stated again. "You know- our group name?"

Wonwoo shook his head, "Definitely not."

___________

Mondays were always slow and dragging. A painful reminder of reality as the weekend ended. This Monday however was more stressful for Hansol.

He was stressed from the moment he woke up. Immediately he got up and rushed through his morning routine. After he finished eating breakfast, he gave his mom a quick peck on the cheek and his sister a hair ruffle. He grabbed a plastic container along the way out, earning curious glances from his parents and a suspicious one from his sister.

He was nervous the moment he met up with the other members of "the Visuals" -their temporary name until somebody could come up with a better one. Their teasing and cheers did nothing to ease Hansol's nerves at all.

Hansol's bag felt much heavier with the plastic container in it. Maybe it was because of the thought of giving it to Seungkwan made Hansol's stomach drop. He wasn't sure how he could face the other today.

"Vernonie!"

Speaking of the devil.

Hansol felt arms encircle his waist and a warm (slightly squishy) body press against his back. He smiled softly and put his hand on top the other's.

"Good morning, Kwan." He turned around to face him, feeling his smile grow wider as he saw Seungkwan beam at him.

Honestly, it was getting hard for him not to smile whenever Seungkwan was around. It wasn't helping that the other had began to be more affectionate the more they became closer, not helping Hansol's crush at all. Take now for example.

Seungkwan intertwined their fingers together, swinging their arms. They didn't say anything. Seungkwan hummed softly, both smiling quietly at each other. At first, Hansol was 100% content with just staying there.

"Seungkwan!"

They both looked over to the source of the voice, seeing Seokmin walking towards them. Apparently, Seungkwan had some business to take care of regarding the Music Club. Hansol waved him goodbye, all of his nerves forgotten. He was startled when he turned around and saw Seokmin's wide grin. Hansol shot him a confused look but Seokmin did nothing but mention that he was glad to see the two hang out more. Seokmin then proceeded to follow Seungkwan to the Music Room.

"Also watch out for lunch time! Seungkwan has a surprise for you!" Seokmin called back, his voice teasing.

Hansol stared at him dumbly before feeling his face heat up.

Does everybody know!?