You Took My Heart and Attracted My Eyes

Help Me, S.O.S

Quick Authors Note: I suggest that you watch this first so can understand why Vernon's so lovesick. 


Vernon usually needed wake up calls in the morning. He didn't understand how some people could stay up late. For him, as soon as his head hit the pillow, he was out cold. Not only did he fall asleep fast, but once he did it was a struggle trying to wake him up.

 

This was not that bad, of course. But to the frustration of his friends which had to watch over his clumsy self ever so often, he fell asleep in the most unnecessary places and at the most unnecessary time.

That was why when Seungcheol felt Vernon's head hit his shoulder, he immediately stilled, preparing himself for a long day of sitting through the program and being a human pillow.

It was Teacher's day that day. So as soon as they went down for the program he immediately searched for four vacant seats and they automatically fell into their usual sitting arrangement. Mingyu at one end, Wonwoo next to him, then Vernon, and finally Seungcheol. Waiting for the program to start, they talked and joked loudly. They were having a little too much fun with Mingyu and Wonwoo teary-eyed from laughter while Vernon and Seungcheol, who were violent when laughing, were hitting each other.

Eventually they had to stop since the highschool principal turned around and glared at them. They immediately apologized of course and hung their heads liked kicked puppies. When the emcees began explaining what was going to happen in each program, that was when Vernon's hit Seungcheol's shoulder and he immediately fell asleep. Seungcheol was impressed, really.

"Moving on to our fifth performance! Dedicated to the Science teachers!" The emcees announced.

Seungcheol sighed, it was going to be a long day.

_________________

"Vernon."

Hansol only groaned.

"Vernon, come on. I need to get up soon. The Student Body needs to start giving out the tokens for the teachers."

Hansol didn't give a what.

"Plus, I bet you'll be interested in the next performance." Seungcheol said, gently lifting Hansol's head from his shoulder.

Hansol groaned again instead and rubbed his eyes, trying to keep them open.

"How many groups have performed already?" Hansol asked, yawning.

"This is the seventh." Wonwoo replied.

"Holy cheese, I missed a lot."

Mingyu laughed, "Holy cheese?"

"Jisoo gets uncomfortable when I curse so I usually censor myself." Hanson explained.

Mingyu must have fallen asleep as well. He still had his head on Wonwoo's shoulder. It seemed like Wonwoo woke him up to watch the next performance too.

Hansol yawned, opening his mouth as far as it could go.

"Hey!" Seungcheol flicked his forehead, "Where are your manners? Cover your mouth when you yawn!"

"It's your fault for waking me up," Hansol mumbled, his eyes barely open. "You know how I am."

Mingyu lifted his head off of Wonwoo's shoulder to shoot him a teasing grin, "Oh, you'll definitely be awake after this next performance."

Wonwoo dusted the shoulder Mingyu rested on, ignoring his offended look. Hansol was a little curious but he doubted anything else was more important than his sleep.

"Now for our next performance, our very own Boo Seungkwan will be singing 'How Can Love Be Like That' by Lee Seung-Hwan."

Hansol's eyes widened at the all too familiar name. All thoughts of sleep forgotten. He could hear his friends snickering at him. His face felt hot and he refused to look at them. He focused instead as Seungkwan happily bounced on stage and greeted the audience with his natural smile.

The music had just started playing and already Hansol could not tear his eyes away from him. Seungkwan's demeanor changed immediately, his smiling face slowly melted into a more serious one to match the song. Hansol watched as Seungkwan closed his eyes and sang the first verse.

My love wants to let me go,
I still haven't repaid you for embracing me.
I was blessed by your grace
But now all I feel is sorry. "

His gentle voice did things to Hansol's heart. Embarrassing things that Hansol would not like to admit. Embarrassing things that made him do stupid things. Smiling uncontrollably and staring admiringly, for example.

"You look so lovesick right now," Wonwoo snickered next to him, Mingyu and Seungcheol playing along.

Hansol felt his face heat up once again. He covered his face with his hands and groaned. Wonwoo was probably right, he must look like an idiot.

"Aw come on, give him a break," Seungcheol decided to have pity on him. "Let him enjoy the show!"

Hansol moved his hands away. He was going to enjoy the show. He didn't care if he got teased because of it.

Seungkwan began singing the chorus.

Whatever we dowhatever we become,
We should meet and fall in love again.
So don't fall in love with another until then.
How can love be like that? "

Hansol really couldn't help but smile. He could tell that he wasn't the only one affected by Seungkwan's voice. Most of the audience were swaying, getting lost in the music.

Hansol was sure it was the raw emotion in his voice that captured the hearts of the audience. He sang so genuinely and effortlessly. The emotions came so naturally.

It was hard to look away. Hansol felt like if he blinked he would miss a very important part of the performance. Every second of Seungkwan's performances seemed to be so valuable that you had to give your full attention.

And that seemed to be the case since Hansol could practically feel the moment before Seungkwan released a high note that blew the crowd away. Seconds before the high note, Hansol saw Seungkwan slowly close his eyes. Saw him inhale, saw him move the microphone slightly away.

When Seungkwan delivered one of his legendary high notes, the crowd was shocked into silence for one second, then boomed into applause in the next.

Seungcheol whistled, "Damn that was- wow."

Hansol couldn't agree more.

Seungkwan ended his performance, receiving applause, cheers, and whistles. He smiled shyly and bowed.

"Oh man," Mingyu laughed upon seeing Hansol's still awestruck expression, "Vernon, you are screwed."

"I know," Hansol replied, eyes trailing over Seungkwan's direction.

His reddish brown hair was in its usual state of fluff, his adorable puffy cheeks were flushed, and his smile did things to Hansol's heart.

"I'm screwed."