Take a Sniff of It

Sweet Poison {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

"Ew it's Wonwoo!"

"Run away before he kills you!"

All of the kids scream as they run around, their own type of game of "cooties" except where only Wonwoo was the one with "cooties", except it would never be a game that Wonwoo is interested in. No, he was far more interested in this book about the story of the woman who had turned her daughter into a manequin for her wedding dress shop.

I thought they were 8th graders like me too. Can't believe they still play that... Wonwoo rolled his eyes before continuing his story when a different nuisance had come and disrupted his reading. Well turned out the nuisance was his teacher who dragged him to her office as usual before contacting for his parents to come. When they did come, they were just as bothered as usual as Wonwoo was.

"What is it this time, teacher-nim?" his mother did her best to restrict from saying it sarcastically as she sat by Wonwoo along with her husband.

"Well Wonwoo-ssi was reading- er- this today," Mrs. Kim picked up the book that she had took from Wonwoo before handing it over to his father and continuing to speak, "You see, that's not exactly age appropriate and I really do strongly suggest to keep a better eye on what he reads-"

"I don't see a problem here. It's a good book," his father replies dully after flipping through a few pages.

"But he's too young-"

"There's nothing wrong with being interested in a bit of anatomy," his mother adds, standing up to get ready to leave.

"It's too graphic-"

"Oh please teacher-nim, he's seen worse than this. Come on Wonwoo-ah, let's go home," his father stands up too before the three of them leave the office.

As they drove him, his mother was ranting about how the teacher couldn't seem to understand how their rules are for Wonwoo along with how they're too busy with research to constantly listen to the same nagging again and again. At first glance, Wonwoo could understand how people thought that they neglected him but in reality they didn't.

They were anatomists where their work is protected by the government no matter what they did. They took nearly everything in life in an analytical point of view; whenever it was nearly, the exception would be him, where they showed a bit more of a 'human' side where they were more than happy when he showed interest in anything related to anatomy and encouraged that interest, no matter how graphic it could lead into.

"Ah, all this ranting is making me parched," his mother lets out a sigh.

"Wonwoo-ah, do you mind if we stop by a doll shop?" his father asked without looking away from the road.

"It's fine. Why do we need to go there?" Wonwoo asked, a bit curious as they were now arriving to an unfamiliar and nearly abandoned shopping center.

"We pre-ordered a couple custom-made models for keeping track of diagrams whenever there's a meeting. You don't have to come with us if you don't want to," his mother said, taking a look over to Wonwoo, who shook his head to signal that he didn't want to go into the shop. They left the car, opening a window by Wonwoo's seat a third of the way.

Once they entered the shop that had 'La Belle Shoppe' painted onto the window, Wonwoo lets out a sigh before looking out of the window before seeing a boy around his age writing something on the sidewalk with a piece of red chalk. The boy looks up, staring into the window at Wonwoo's parents before his gaze changes to the car, meeting gazes with Wonwoo, who was a bit surprised when he got a full view of the boy's face since the boy was rather pretty.

The boy smiles, standing up to wave at him. Wonwoo hesitatingly waves back. He takes a step, planning to head over to Wonwoo obviously when someone called out, "Jeonghan!" making the boy divert his attention to a boy who was a bit taller than him, dragging away the boy to the shop.

It was odd for Wonwoo because he's always found the world dull but here he was, feeling a bit breathless.

"'Jeonghan' huh... beautiful... just like a doll..."