Normal Day

The Third Eye

 

It was 7:30 in the morning when I was woken up by a burning smell. I squinted my eyes and took the pillow behind my back to cover my nose. Urgh how frustrating! It’s too early in the morning!

The smell wasn’t going away so I yelled “MUM!!! SOMETHING’S BURNING!!!” I held in my breath as I waited for my mother’s response.

Nothing.

Silence.

So I decided to take business in my own hands. I opened my bedroom door forcefully and ran to the kitchen. I opened the lid and saw nothing but black. I turned off the stove and started to stomp my feet towards the bathroom upstairs.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK , no reply. So I banged the door instead.

I was about to bang it one more time when a wet, smothered with shampoo and soap L.Joe opened the door and welcomed me with a frustrated look. I only saw his upper body. [a/n I am dying rn omg]

“Yes honey, WHAT DO YOU WANT!?” He exclaimed. He was covered with soap and some of the foam went into his right eye. He tried to wipe them off but it got worst. And I did nothing but stare at him.

“OH MAN COME ON I AM TRYING TO CLEAN MYSELF HERE!”

I snapped out of my thoughts and glared at him.

“Did you try to make breakfast? What did you make anyway? It was all black when I opened the lid.”

“Oh yeah I guess I was too immersed with scrubbing to notice. It was supposed to be egg but yeah sorry.”

More soap went down from his hair to his face making him look puffed. I continued to stare.

“So is that it?”

 “Huh?”

“WOMAN I AM ASKING YOU IF THAT’S ALL YOU WANTED TO BOTHER ME WITH!”  

He looked uncomfortable hiding himself behind the door so I just nodded and turned away, heading to my room. I felt him shaking his head and heard him sigh. Then I heard a ‘click’ from the door.

Oh yes! Take your time to bathe, Joe.  Take.Your. Time.

I bathed, got dressed and went down to the living room.

I started taking cushion covers off of the cushions and threw them everywhere making the living room messy on purpose. There were about 20 cushions so yeah L.Joe was taking a real long bath.

Hmm what should I mess up next? Ah. Playroom.

The Playroom was where L.Joe and I used to enjoy ourselves, playing with board games and stuffed toys when we were younger. The room was long untouched.

I entered the room and gasped. All of the toys were still there! They were all arranged on shelves according to its kind. So I grabbed all of them and placed them on the floor, not in order. [a/n childish I know.]

I smiled in satisfaction and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. I hummed “No More Perfume On You” as I poured the pancake mix into the bowl.

I heard the bathroom door opening as I started whisking. I was fully concentrated on the whisking that I didn’t even hear footsteps.

I was cracking the egg when arms were wrapped around me from the back and wet hair was on my neck. I gasped and stopped what I was doing.

“You smell beautiful.” He sniffed my hair and my neck. Shivers went down my spine as he did.

“O-o-of course..I bathed a while ago.” I stuttered as the egg made a ‘plop’ sound as it entered the mixture.

I felt him smirking as he started to trace my shoulders with his nose.

Oh lord what is he doing!!! And why am I not doing anything oh my god!!!

“You like this, don’t you?” He asked.

“What?”

“You like the way I touch you…I can feel it.”

Oh this is so not happening to me.

I turned my head to face him then I realized he was only covered with a towel around his waist. He smirked at me.

“Like the view?”

“Where are you going with this?”

“Oh come on~ You know you like it! You’re the first girl to see me like this!”

“And? You think I’m impressed with that?” I pointed at him from head to toe with my whisk.

“You’re a meanie. I know you made a mess on purpose so that I can clean it up for you.”

“You bet I did. You deserve it anyway.” I stuck out my tongue and the moment I put it back into my mouth, his finger swiped my bottom lip.

“How come I feel that we have some kind of connection…” He asked as he stared at my face.

“I don’t know.” I found myself staring back at him, dazed.

I shook my head and continued whisking. If every morning is like this, I’d rather not wake up.

“Go put on your clothes. You’re bothering me. Go. Now.” I ordered him.

I didn’t look to see if he went to his room or not but I knew what he said to me was true. I felt something. Something special that we have. I just can’t put my finger to it.