Renjun x Chenle ♦ Madness Taking Over Me

฿Ⱡ₳₵₭ Ø₦ ฿Ⱡ₳₵₭ ♦ ₦₵₮ ĐⱤ₳฿฿ⱠɆ₴ ♦ CHAPTER 13 IS JICHAN AND CHENSUNG
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chenle looked disgusted when Renjun pulled the box of cigarettes out of his pocket.  He stepped away when Renjun placed a cigarette in his mouth with his two fingers then lite it up with a lighter that he took out of his pocket.

 

Renjun looked off into the distance when more of the cold breeze blew past him. He was about to speak when he noticed that Chenle wasn't standing beside him any longer.

 

Renjun turned his head to the left where he saw Chenle pressed against the edge of the balcony. The younger was staring off into Beijing's night sky, acting like Renjun didn't exist.

 

Renjun slowly took the cigarette out of the middle of his lips, “Chenle, what's the matter?” He asked confused, the smoke that left his mouth had finally vanished in the air when Chenle turned to look at him.

 

The younger shook his head and started walking back into their room. “Nothing’s wrong. I'm going to sleep,” he quietly whispered. Hoping Renjun would hear him and leave him alone.

 

Chenle placed one of his hands on the glass doors that lead back to their huge room when his other hand was caught by Renjun’s.

 

“Are you sure?” Renjun questioned, he sounded so concerned.

 

Chenle turned his head to look at Renjun, he instantly looked back at the door when he noticed the white cigarette in Renjun’s spare hand. He shook his head again and pulled his hand away from Renjun’s. “Yes,” he simply answered in his calmest voice. But signed when the smell of burnt cigarette filled his senses. The younger scrunched up his nose and opened the glass door.

 

He turned to look and Renjun one last time, the older looked concerned but now had the cigarette dangling down his lips. Chenle held his breath, so the smell didn't come inside with him, and walked inside his room, closing the door behind him and letting go of the air.

 

He walked over to his bed and pulled off the covers of his side. Chenle was about to lay down when he smelt the heavy air. He could still smell the cigarette on him.

 

Wanting so badly to get rid of the horrid scent, Chenle went towards his closet and quickly changed into his floral grey & black shorts and a white t-shirt.

 

He went back to his bed and laid himself down on the grey covers. Chenle turned to Renjun’s side and shut his eyes.

 

He wondered when the older would come and lay down. Would he spent a few more minutes outside? How long could one spend smoking one cigarette?

 

Chenle sighed and opened his eyes again, he placed his left hand on Renjun’s side of the bed, pretending that he was hugging the older.

 

But no, he was disgusted by Renjun’s acts now. The older had started acting completely different ever since he started smoking. There were times where he’d stare off into space for minutes. Or other times where Chenle would come home from his parents house and find Renjun sleeping on one of the sofa’s with a cigarette in between his lips.

 

And each time he did something, even speak to Chenle. The younger wished he never fell in love with Renjun.

 

Renjun wasn't a bad guy. In fact, he was never a bad guy.

 

Chenle had met Renjun a two years back when he went on a trip to Korea. His mother had told him about how Renjun’s mother and his mother were great friends in the past, and how he just had to go meet Renjun.

 

So Chenle’s mom called Mrs. Zhong and found out Renjun’s address since Mrs. Zhong was currently in England.

 

And since Chenle was forced to, he visited Renjun in the process of traveling Korea.

 

The younger learned a lot about Renjun that day. In fact, he almost knew everything about Renjun just by the stuff Renjun spoke about. How Renjun was an engineer, how he prefered to live without his mother, and how he’s such a big flirt.

 

And the next time he visited Korea, he learned that he was in love with Renjun by now. Renjun had offered to show Chenle all of Korea.

 

And he did.

 

The days, nights, and afternoons spent with Renjun. Renjun and his sweet little trip had Chenle falling.

 

All the sweet smiles, winks, and words were too much for Chenle to resist. Renjun had managed to steal his heart in just a few days.

 

Even then, Renjun wasn't a bad guy. Maybe that's why Chenle was so desperate to marry him.

 

All of Chenle’s family was shocked that Chenle was so determined about marrying Renjun. The boy had never been sure about anything in his life.

 

But even if Chenle wanted to marry Renjun, it's not like he could get Renjun to propose to him. Well, maybe a few things could get Renjun to love Chenle.

 

But those options were too risky for Chenle to try. Most people who had used this ended up in bad situations with their lover in the future.

 

No matter how dangerous it was, Chenle tried it. He gave Renjun the worst drink alive, a love potion.

 

And now, he finally got his punishment.

 

He was being fed love poison from Renjun every night. And that was a cigarette and hate.

 

Chenle might have not smoked, but his husband did.

 

It killed Chenle to think that the past Renjun wasn't who he was. He had changed in bad ways. Chenle was sure he was the one who changed him.

 

For one, Renjun drank more oftenly.

 

Almost once every week Renjun would come home wasted. And Chenle couldn't do anything to stop him.

 

Chenle’s eyes shot open when he felt a hand on his. He looked up to see Renjun smiling at him. The older didn't bring his cigarette inside, which Chenle was thankful of. He hated when he could smell the scent of cigarettes inside his house.

 

Chenle tried smiling back at Renjun when the older laid down in bed with him. But he only ended up frowned.

 

Renjun was lying straight and looking up at the ceiling while holding Chenle’s hand. From time to time he stole glances at Chenle and smiled even wider.

 

While Chenle was only filled with guilt that the love Renjun filled him with wasn't real. It was only the aftereffects of the potion.

 

Chenle cleared his throat and silently looked at the side of Renjun’s face. He opened his mouth to speak, “Renjun?”

 

Renjun shifted his eyes from the ceiling to Chenle, “Yeah?”

 

Chenle moved closer to Renjun and laid in head down on his shoulder. He frowned when he smelt the cigarette-after smell on Renjun’s black shirt. “Why,” The younger stopped speaking when Renjun rested his head on Chenle’s shoulder. He cleared his throat again. “Why do you smoke?” He quickly asked, sounding a little disgusted.  No, his voice was filled with it.

 

Chenle noticed Renjun’s mouth go wide when the youngers words processed in his head. He looked as if he didn't have the answer to Chenle’s question.

 

“W-why do you ask?” The older turned his head to Chenle’s. He sounded bewildered.

 

Chenle shrugged and started playing with Renjun’s hands. “Well, you do it pretty often. So I just wanted to know.”

 

Renjun’s expression turned from a sweet one into an angry one. He threw Chenle’s hand that he was holding back to the younger side and turned to face the other side of the bed.

 

Chenle was surprised that Renjun would react so rudely to his question.

 

His eyes saddened when he heard Renjun say that it was none of his business.

 

Chenle turned to his end of the bed and frowned deeper. He brought his knees to his stomach and hugged them. The younger knew he shouldn't have been getting upset. Renjun acted like this too often these days.

 

He should have been used to it. The way Renjun turned from Jekyll to Hyde in a split second.

 

But no, he wanted the real Renjun back. The one who didn't smoke to pass time. The man who would answer all of Chenle’s questions with a smile and talk in a sweet voice when he spoke to Chenle. He wanted the Renjun whose lips didn't taste like cigarette each time he kissed Chenle.

 

Tears managed to fall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter