Renjun x Chenle ♦ This Isn't The Last Dance

฿Ⱡ₳₵₭ Ø₦ ฿Ⱡ₳₵₭ ♦ ₦₵₮ ĐⱤ₳฿฿ⱠɆ₴ ♦ CHAPTER 13 IS JICHAN AND CHENSUNG
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This Isn't The Last Dance

  Requester: Infinexx Ship: Renle Writer: Strawberryjamskookie

Renjun groaned when his back hit the floor again. He took a deep aspirated sigh and closed his eyes. Renjun placed his hand on his head in frustration. He didn't really want to be doing this.

But like every time he fell, Renjun stood up straight again and walked over to the spot he started on. Renjun stretched out his slim arms and huffed at how annoying this whole thing was. He looked around at the dimly lit gym and frowned at his horrible reality. The moment Renjun was about to start he heard small foot steps. Renjun turned around and looked down at someone in surprise. 

The person seemed to be contemplating to walk up to Renjun or not. They looked up when Renjun saw them and gulped. "Um, excuse me. But what are you doing here so late?" He added.

When the person looked up was when Renjun recognized who it was. Zhong Chenle was the student president and also the only son of the school's principal. He would usually go home when his father went home, which is something Renjun came to realize. Since he was always trying to rush out of school when the bell rang, but Jeno or Jisung would usually hold him back and make him stay with them to finish work. He always wondered why his friends couldn't finish work during class, he figured that they were probably too busy adoring their 'beautiful' crushes to care about what the teacher was saying.

Renjun gulped and pulled on the collar of his white-button up. He had taken his school uniforms grey sweater and blue coat off a hour ago, now he was wearing the pants and the original white-button up that came under. Chenle was different though, he never took any of his uniform off, even if he would be stuck in something like Renjun was stuck in. Although Chenle never wore the blue coat, most thought he looked better without it. "Oh, Chenle, I'm practicing for a party that my parents are hosting soon. I asked your father if I could use the gym for practicing after school."

Chenle looked confused as he stood at the gyms large doors. He walked a few steps forward and nodded. "Okay, but practicing what?" Chenle knew Renjun's family was very rich and usually held huge parties. So did his family, but they were I little more on the conserved side. Although Chenle was very popular and also very open or loud around people. Renjun was someone a little different. Someone who Chenle wanted to show the better side of him to.

Renjun looked down a little nervous to answer Chenle. He thought that Chenle might find it funny that he didn't know how to waltz yet. He was sure Chenle already knew, but Renjun just never wanted to learn. "I'm," he paused. "Practicing the waltz, since I'm supposed to dance with some super rich girl at the party. But the thing is, I really can't since I don't have a girl to do it with. So it's a little difficult."
Said Renjun with scratching his nape.

Chenle nodded, understanding Renjun's reason. He walked up to the older and stood in front of the red haired boy and smiled. "Renjun, would you like me to help you? I can be the girl, since I'm sure you'll get nowhere if you keep doing this alone."

 Renjun looked up more surprise. His lips formed into a wide smiled as he leaped forward and hugged Chenle for a moment. "Yes! That'd be great Chenle."

Chenle tried smiling back but he wanted to frown more. Did Renjun really not see how Chenle actually felt? How is heart beat faster with ever stolen glance at Renjun. If Chenle knew that Renjun was his oblivious, then he'd never had chosen to fall in love with the other.

Renjun didn't seem to hurt Chenle's heart that much. Since the older didn't seem to be that interested in love or relationships. But what hurt was when Renjun smiled at Chenle and Chenle's heart automatically jumped out of his chest into Renjun's hands. 

He knew how much more upset this was going to make him, since in the end, the person Renjun would dance with in front of others would be another girl. She would be someone Chenle wasn't.

The few days had passed by and Chenle started thinking that Renjun was really getting better. He'd spend all day with Renjun at the high-school and Renjun actually stopped falling. He smiled more often when dancing now too.

It was almost that time when Renjun and Chenle went home and it was dark outside right now too. Renjun sat on the bench side the basketball hoop and watched Chenle throw a few hoops. He seemed to be really good at basketball.

Renjun grabbed the water bottle beside him and drank from it. He got up and smiled at Chenle when the other looked at him. Renjun fixed his white shirt. "Should we continue?"

Chenle nodded and rolled the orange basketball away from them; to the other side of the gym. "Sure," he walked over to Renjun and took his hand his in.

Just when they were about to start dancing Chenle noticed something wrong and ran over to the bench that Renjun was sitting on before. He stepped on it and reached up to the big curtains rope to pull them to the side. Under the curtain was a huge window that had the moon shining down at the where Renjun was standing. It was like the spotlight in the dark gym. Almost making the gym look like a ballroom in those fairy-tales Chenle's friends, Mark and Haechan, loved to read.

Chenle ran back up to Renjun with a wide smile. He grabbed Renjun's hand and pulled it towards himself. Chenle noticed Renjun was still looking at the window in awe. The younger looked at it too and walked closer to Renjun. "It's beautiful," he looked at Renjun. "Isn't it?"

Renjun quickly nodded and turned his head to face Chenle who was now looking up at the moon. Renjun's eyes filled with glim and light as he was forced on Chenle's pale skin and pink lips. His smile turned into a very serious expression. "Yeah, it is beautiful." He gulped as stared deeper at Chenle. "Like you." The words came out of his mouth like a small breath. Almost as if he didn't mean to say, but Renjun did. He pretty much meant everything he thought about Chenle till his day. His heart was beating louder t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter