vii. those three words

4:07 AM
vii. those three words

 

“I have to go now.”

Jessica turned around, dragging her luggage along.

The sun outside was setting too fast, its light slowly fading away from Jessica’s windows.

“Jessica. Wait.” Taeyeon braced herself. “That wasn’t the lie.”

Jessica turned around, her eyes anxious and searching. “What do you mean?”

“The lie was, I don’t know where you’re going. I knew. Accidentally.”

Jessica heaved a deep breath that Taeyeon swore she felt how heavy that was. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I just didn’t want anything to change. I wanted you to stay the way you are.” She tried to hold her voice steady. “I wanted you to be happy, with me.”

She saw Jessica’s face turn rigid, perhaps to hold the tears back, or to choke from too much emotions “So, the last one... was true.”

Taeyeon nodded. “The last one was true.”

It happened in a flash. She saw tears flowing from Jessica’s eyes, then a blurry Jessica running towards her, and a pair of arms wrapped around her.

In a flash, she was holding Jessica and their lips were crashing against each other. Both craved to taste the words hidden on their tongues. Both ached to gasp for more air, for more time.

Jessica happened in a flash.