i. chasing cars

4:07 AM
[i. chasing cars]

Taeyeon found herself on Jessica’s bed again. She does know when this started, but the problem is, she does not know when will this end – or if she would ever want this to end. Her head hurt from too much alcohol last night, and her body was too sore from too much Jessica – a scenario too familiar to her for months now.

She slowly got up whilst holding her throbbing head. She picked up a stray shirt on the floor and put it on her cold and raw body. It’s still dark.

“Taeyeon-ah...” she heard as she was about to walk out of the room. “Where are you going?”

She turned around and saw Jessica looking at her with half-lidded eyes. Cute.

“Uh- I just wanted to take a shower.” She lied. She wanted to leave, well did she?

“It’s still dark, come sleep here for now.” Jessica patted the space beside her and the bed had never been so inviting.

She wanted to ask her so many questions, but she didn’t.

With clenched fists she answered, “Okay.” She slipped into the covers and breathed Jessica in for the night.

She lied. It wasn’t okay. It shouldn’t be okay.

But yes she lied again, because truthfully, it is.

 

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

 

“Hey do you remember the first night that we met? That song was playing.”

“Oh, I didn’t notice.” She lied. She did. It was one of her favorite songs.

“Well, you were pretty drunk back then to remember anything I guess?” Jessica scoffed as she finished her food.

“Well, yeah I guess.” Taeyeon shrugged as she leaned back on her chair, feeling full from their brunch.

“But you remember that you kissed me right??” Jessica mocked.

“Of course! And the other things after that kiss.” She smirked.

“Good to know, byuntae.” She laughed a little.

After a few minutes, they both sat up and exited the 90s diner where they went almost every after their ‘usual’ nights.

“So, what are you gonna do today?”

Jessica held her hand as she felt the cold wind of November gush through her body.

But she felt warm.

“Uh- I would finish some work at home, I guess.”

She intertwined her fingers against Jessica’s.

She felt warmer.

“Okay.”

She also wanted to ask Jessica what were her plans for the day or what was she up to these days, but she didn’t. She preferred it that way. And Jessica seemed to prefer it that way too.

She wanted to ask her so many questions, but she never did.