1/2

Queen Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN::// 
Hey guys, so this story was kind of hard to write and I didn't want to confuse you guys but I felt like it would be disrespectful for drag culture if I just said he.

So please keep in mind while reading this if we're talking about Taehyung  (out of drag) or when he is out of drag in scenes: we're speaking of he/him
And when we're talking about Vnus (Taehyung in drag) or when Taehyung is in drag in scenes: we're speaking of she/her

That's all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung had always been gay, he knew that and so did everyone around him. It never was a question if he is gay. And even though his parents showed him the door after telling him that a secret, which had never been a secret to begin with, was meant for keeping and that there was no room for him in their house now that his secret had been spilled, he wasn't exactly lonely.

He moved in with his best friend Jimin, who was just as straight as him, and shared an eventful time with him during summer break.

However, even though he could truly be himself with his best friend, there was something wrong. Taehyung had always been too creative and he was according to a lot of people also too talented. 
Some people from entertainment bureaus and modeling agencies had told him that him being openly gay was a waist of his talent. He had the total package. He could sing, draw, dance, write, act, was creative, had a sense of fashion and humor, could even do his own make up perfectly fine and above all he fit almost perfectly in korea's beauty standards. But ofcourse the fact that he had come out as gay resulted in no agency actually daring to hire him.

So after applying for several companies and not getting in, he decided to join Jimin in art school and they were glad to have him. There he made a lot of friends and could express himself a little bit more.

However, he got his calling one night when he was out in Seoul with Jimin. They had decided to go to this club called lollipop, a gay bar which was located at homo hill and to their luck they were one of the last people that could get in because apparently a famous drag queen was going to perform there.

And famous she was. Taehyung was shocked to find out that the performing drag queen was none other than his long time idol Bianca Del Rio. Jimin, being the good friend he was, was immediately as happy as Taehyung and started pulling him to the front row to make sure they got the best view at the show. There they waited, with both a soju in their hand, for the comedy queen to get on stage.

When the show finally began Taehyung was mesmerized by Bianca. He had seen several drag queens in his life but none of them were so polished and put on such a good show, funny or not.

And it was at that moment that Taehyung decided that maybe the art form he was searching for wasn't one specific art form but something like drag, where he could combine all his talents and creativity. He had always wanted to take his make up further than just a natural eyeshadow and a bit of eyeliner, he absolutely loved it when they had to do a choreography on high heels and he sometimes dreamed of having long hair that he could sassily flip backwards.

And thus Vnus Vocal was born.

She was an outstanding drag queen and soon became a frequent performer at this bar called lollipop. Sometimes lip singing but most of the times live because she wasn't called Vnus Vocal for nothing.

And Jimin you may ask? Well Jimin found it amazing and was Vnus's biggest fan. The moment Taehyung told Jimin, the elder had suggested that they would go out and buy make up, wigs and clothes for Taehyung to wear at his first performance. Yes Jimin was already talking about that before Taehyung had even thought about it. Jimin was supporting Taehyung or Vnus, either is fine, in every way he could and soon their apartment was to small and they decided to move into another apartment. An apartment with two rooms and a storage room which Jimin had announced to be Taehyung/Vnus' drag closet.

Vnus Vocal became a name to be reckoned with, not only in the Korean drag scene but also abroad and through social media, gaining a lot of fans all over the world. This caused her to being asked to come to the States and perform there on stages where queens who he looked up to like Raven, Raja and Bianca for instance have performed. It was like a dream come true and the fact that his best friend was there with him made everything even better.

Jimin in the meantime had made a name as a choreographer and could make money in states by giving workshops where ever Taehyung went. He had also crowned himself as Vnus' personal choreographer and style adviser as he liked to call it.

He loved being in America and even though there still were a lot of problems and hate when it came to homophobia and racism, he felt at home and he wasn't looking forward to going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter