Chapter 2.

Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stopped as I heard the knock on the door. Thinking that it was Hyeyeon, I plainly called out, “Come in.”

As the door slowly opened I found myself agape, stunned by the person walking in.

“You’re practising now,” she smiled.

“Ne,” I nervously answered and nodded my head.

“Okay, continue practising, let me listen,” she said with the same unfaltering smile.

I nodded my head and anxiously began playing. I could feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead as I tried my best to stay composed, despite the extreme anxiety I was feeling. I decided to brace it, remembering my teacher telling me that I should let others listen to me so I could get used to it and not face an overwhelming anxiety during the exam or onstage.

I started the song and played it throughout with ShinB standing silently beside me, and when the piece ended I could hear her clapping for me with a cheerful smile on her face.

“You’re really good!” she exclaimed, still clapping.

I laughed a little while denying, “No, not really.”

“You practise really hard,” she said next, “During lunch break, now right after school…”

“I have to,” I said with a small smile.

“Hwaiting, I believe in you,” she said and my smile widened.

“Thank you,” I could sense my heart fluttering. “ShinB ssi, you’re a really good audience as compared to Hyeyeon,” I said and chuckled.

Her eyes widened a little and she broke into a soft laughter. “And why is that so?”

“She’s noisy,” I plainly answered and we both cracked up into laughter. “Speaking of which, I wonder why she isn’t here,” I muttered under my breath as I tidied up my scores in the file.

“Also, Rinyi ssi, you shouldn’t call me by my stage name,” I turned to her with confused eyes.

“What?”

“You should call me Eunbi sunbaenim, you’re now my junior, not my fan, remember?” I felt my cheeks warming up as she told me those words.

“I understand,” I mumbled with a nod. “Fans get to call you unnie though,” I mindlessly utter.

She laughed, while I faced a panic attack for being heard and for speaking without thinking.

“Okay, then you can call me Eunbi unnie if you like,” she said amidst the laughter, “I’m graduating soon anyway.”

“No that’s okay!” I quickly rejected. “Eight months isn’t very soon though,” I mumbled again.

“That’s v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter