Chapter 1.

Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In one of the rare days that I was in school, I heard the beautiful cry of a cello and was uncontrollably attracted to it. Knowing that I had about ten minutes to spare during the lunch break, I decided to follow the sound and search for its source. I walked about along the corridors and found myself outside the band room, before I was sure that this was where the sound was coming from.

I stood at the door and listened to the voice of a single cello that brought a gush of sentimental emotions to my heart, somehow making it ache.

“Are you going in?” I turned around swiftly in surprise at the voice and saw another student, most possibly a junior, behind me.

“Ani, I was just listening…” I mumbled in embarrassment, unsure of how to explain about my presence there.

“Ah, ShinB sunbaenim!” she smiled at me, “Annyeonghaseyo, I know you,” she said with a giggle. I could not help but smile at how adorable she was. “I’m Hyeyeon, from Gugudan,” she introduced herself.

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo,” I reciprocated the greeting. “I’ve heard of Gugudan,” I smiled as I replied.

“Do you want to come in? I was going to look for my friend. She’s the one playing the cello. The only female cellist in this school,” I couldn’t help but be curious as the girl described her friend with much pride as I could tell. She then opened the door without a sound and invited me in. Intrigued, I followed her in, although feeling guilty that I was potentially being rude.

~~

I stopped and withdrew my bow, with a heavy sigh, frustrated that I was not a single bit near to perfecting this piece even though my exam was in only two months’ time. I looked up to see a bright smiling face before me and almost dropped my bow in fright.

“Ah, Hyeyeon ah you scared me, I told you to knock before coming in-” I whined in annoyance but cut myself off when I spotted someone beside her.

“I’m sorry for intruding, I was just curious,” the person beside Hyeyeon spoke anxiously and bows.

I slowly rested my bow and cello aside and stood up. “Yeojachingu ShinB ssi?” I slowly asked, recognising the figure immediately, along with her voice.

She slowly regained her posture from the bow, and I noticed a surprised look on her face. “Yes, I’m ShinB,” she smiled, “Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I bowed and said, “I’m Im Rinyi,” I smiled nervously. I noticed Hyeyeon giggling at the side, which made me want to smack her- I knew what that playful smile meant! I knew this girl well enough after two months of school. We somehow met during the initiation period and we became sort of best friends despite our difference in majors. But Hyeyeon, being a girl group member, also meant that she was often absent from s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter