Mean

Undici

omg i keep fprgetting abput aff!! i mainly post on ao3 but i'm gonna start transfering my fics onto here so expect some spam

 

--

 

Hojoon was more than used to being called into school by a teacher because one of his boys had misbehaved. However, he wasn't used to being called in by Taeyang's teacher. 

Taeyang was by far his most docile child. He rarely caused trouble and was fairly quiet compared to his brothers. He usually just got on with his work and got on with almost everyone. Most of the time, he was the one breaking up any arguments between his siblings. 

"Taeyang punched another boy today. May have broken his nose."

"He what!?" Hojoon's jaw dropped as he turned to look at his son. He was pretty sure Taeyang had never hit anyone in his life. 

His teacher nodded. "They got into an argument over something, I'm not sure what, exactly, but Taeyang said he was being mean about you and his other father."

"Sweetie, is this true?" Taeyang was sat next to him in the classroom, arms folded firmly across his chest, staring out of the window. 

"He was mean about Hansollie too."

Hojoon sighed; he knew how protective Taeyang was over his younger brother. The two of them were inseparable. 

"What exactly did he say, honey?"

Taeyang just shook his head. "It's bad I don't wanna say."

"Tae, you won't get in trouble for repeating it."

The brunette shook his head again. 

"That's another thing; Taeyang used some very bad words today. He told the other boy to," she lowered her voice slightly, "f-word off."

Hojoon's eyebrows shot up under his hair. That was probably his fault...he tried his best not to swear around his children, but an occasional '' or '' still managed to slip out. 

"This is very serious, Taeyang. You really hurt that boy today." His teacher leaned across her desk, trying to gain the seven-year-olds attention, but he continued to stare out of the window. "You're going to have to go home with your Daddy now and miss school for the rest of the week. You're going to have to miss playtime on Monday too and help tidy the classroom as a punishment."

Taeyang shrugged, clearly not caring about the consequences of his actions. 

"And I want you to apologise when he comes back to school."

"No."

"Taeyang." Hojoon warned. "You know we have to say sorry when we've done something bad."

Taeyang shook his head defiantly, refusing to look at his teacher or father. 

Hojoon exchanged a look with his teacher that said 'I'll sort this out at home' as he picked Taeyang up to leave, his son instinctively wrapping his arms around his father's neck and snuggling into him. 

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Hojoon placed Taeyang on the ground as they got out of the school gates, crouching down to button his son's jacket up. 

Taeyang shook his head yet again. 

This was so unlike him. Taeyang had never lashed out before, it worried Hojoon. This other kid must have said something pretty bad for Taeyang to react like that; he was usually such an angel. He hated fighting. 

The walked home hand in hand. Hojoon noticed Taeyang was walking closer to him than usual; his eldest was normally pretty independent. 

"He was being really mean, Daddy!" Taeyang finally spoke up. "About you and Appa, and even Hansollie too. I just got mad!"

Hojoon stopped at a bench in the park they had to walk through on their way home. "Just tell me what he said, baby, you're not going to get in trouble for repeating it."

Taeyang avoided his father's gaze as he sat on the bench next to him. "Promise?"

"Promise."

"He said you and Appa are gay."

Hojoon blinked a couple of times. "Gay?"

"Yeah! And then he said Hansollie is gay too! And I told him to shut up but he wouldn't! He just kept saying it and laughing and I-" 

"You hit him?" Hojoon could see Taeyang's eyes start to glass over, his son was usually so anti-violence. 

Taeyang nodded, bottom lip jutting out slightly. "But I'm not sorry! He deserved it."

Hojoon raked his fingers through Taeyang's dark hair. He was proud of his son for defending his parents and brother, he may not have gone about it in the right way, but he was proud nonetheless. 

"Sweetie, do you know what gay means?"

Taeyang shrugged. "No, but a lot of the boys in my class call each other it when they argue. Or they say something they don't like is gay. It's a bad thing, right?"

Hojoon shook his head softly. "That's not what it means, baby. Being gay is when you love someone of the same gender. Like how I love your Appa, or if two girls were in love."

Taeyang cocked his head, trying to compute what his father had just told him. "So...you and Appa are gay?"

"Yeah, it's not a bad thing."

"But..." Hojoon could see the cogs in the small boy's mind going into overdrive, "then why do people say it is?"

Hojoon groaned internally, he was hoping he could wait a few years to give his kids the whole homophobia talk. He always knew this would be something they'd have to deal with, but he wanted to put it off as long as possible. 

"Baby, some people think being gay is wrong. They think that only a man and a woman should be in love."

Taeyang gaped up at his father. "Really?! That's so unfair! Some people think you and Appa aren't allowed to be in love?"

Hojoon nodded solemnly. He had wanted to protect his kids from the harsh reality of having two fathers until they were a little older. 

"So...why did he say Hansollie is gay? Does he like boys too?"

Hojoon hummed, head tilting slightly. "It's a little too early to know that, Tae, he's only young. But sometimes people assume someone is gay if they like certain things, like dancing or the colour pink. You know, like Hansollie does."

"But being gay is when you like other boys. What does that have to do with dancing?" Hojoon smiled at how innocent his son was, wishing everyone could see that liking stereotypically girly things had nothing to do with uality like a seven-year-old does. 

"Some people are just silly, baby. They think it's the same."

"What if Hansollie is gay?"

"Well, he might be." Hojoon shrugged. "Any of your brothers might be. Or they might not be. Would you mind?"

Taeyang shook his head. "No! I hope they all are, then we won't have to do stuff with girls."

Hojoon laughed under his breath, not even wanting to think about the future when his kids start dating. 

"So, Taeyang, do you promise not to hit anyone at school again? You really hurt that boy."

Taeyang nodded slowly, knowing what he did was wrong. 

"And what have I told you about swearing?" Despite his angelic nature Taeyang was prone to picking up on bad words. 

"Well you do it too, Daddy." Taeyang huffed, flapping his arms a little 

"Well, I shouldn't use those words either. How about I tell you off when you use those words and you tell me off when I do." Hojoon tried to reason with the brunette, knowing that really, he should cut down on swearing too. 

"Okay!" Taeyang beamed up at his father, the two of them hopping off the bench to continue walking home. 

"Daddy?"

"Yeah, Tae?"

"Does that mean I can tell you off at night when you and Appa are in bed?"

Hojoon almost choked on his own saliva.