My one of a kind

My one of a kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunjung swore she would murder herself right now if she didn't have her loving supportive parents behind, one little cute dog to look after and her last year thesis to defend.

What’s else left there that Hyomin could do to mess up with her life, Eunjung couldn’t name it, her life was never be the same again since she started to date this girl, none of the days went by that she could find peace in her life.

Her girlfriend could make her embarrassed everywhere they went, caused the scenes every now and then. Her carelessness costed Eunjung more than headache and extra energy to clean up the mess. Her up and down emotion hurt Eunjung physically and mentally when they fought. Additionally, her jealousy warded off Eunjung’s friends that she didn’t have many friends left to hang out with. Eunjung didn’t know what karma she did to deserve this. Every time Eunjung decided to break up with Hyomin, the latter always had her way to haunt Eunjung with nightmare of quilt and she ended up getting back together with her, there were nowhere in this world she could run.  

And today it was one of those days when Eunjung found her Facebook info was updated with a relationship status Hahm Eunjung was Engaged to Park Hyomin that caused a viral bomb and various reactions from her friends on Facebook. She was greeted funnily and teased by her friends all morning while she was looking for Hyomin around the campus.

 

“Hey congratulation Hahm” Tacyeon teased

“Shut up Tacky” Eunjung snapped at her friend.

“So bad we were not invited to your engagement ceremony” Another male friend added

“Haha, very funny” Eunjung laughed sarcastically, Eunjung was busy looking around.

“If you are looking your fiancée then I saw her at her usual spot a while ago.

“Yah, she is not, by the way thanks” Eunjung said and quickly span her feet around

 

Not long after she passed her friends, Eunjung finally saw a trouble maker.

 

“We need to talk” Eunjung sat down by Hyomin’s side.

“Good morning Bakgu honey” Hyomin greeted cheerfully

“That’s not fun” Eunjung became serious.

“So serious honey” Hyomin pouted

“People would misunderstand” Eunjung was straight to the point.

“Don’t know what other people think, I find it heartwarming, ” Hyomin smiled

“Seriously Hyomin, that’s not a joke” Eunjung was now staring at Hyomin in disbelief.

“It’s not a joke to me either” Hyomin gave a mischief smile.

“I can’t believe you could do that” Eunjung nagged

“Of course I could because I’m a genius” Hyomin answered, proud of her ability to hack Eunjung’s

Facebook account.

“What?! I’m not complimenting you” Eunjung wanted to pull out her hair in frustration.

“Eh, it doesn’t hurt to admit that you were amazed by my hidden ability” Hyomin said

“Really” Eunjung huffed her nose.

“Keep calm, we are engaged” Hyomin suddenly said

“Yah, we are not” Eunjung shouted

“Fine” Hyomin shrugged it off.

“Hm?” Eunjung was surprised that Hyomin gave in so easily, she saw her hope.

“Sunny, would you like to change your status to be married to me?” Hyomin called at the girl who was passing them.

“Yah, you can’t go around doing that” Eunjung yelled at Hyomin.

“Never mind, my hubby gets jealous now” Hyomin smiled at clueless Sunny

“ ……….” Eunjung was speechless

“I’m having lecture in a few, I’ll talk to you later, be good girl” Hyomin pinched Eunjung’s face

“I’m not done with you yet” Eunjung said

“Then you know where to find me” Hyomin walked away but didn’t forget to turn around to blow a flying kiss.

“ Aish” Eunjung stomped her feet

 

Later that day Eunjung spent half of her day following Hyomin everywhere nagging about Hyomin’s misbehavior but the latter didn’t seem to listen at all.

 

“I must have been blind when I agreed to date you" Eunjung was complaining in front of her girlfriend.

" See? I cured your disease" Hyomin said nonchalantly with her straight face.

Eunjung couldn’t believe what she just heard, her girlfriend was either so smart to respond to sarcasm or she was too dumb to understand that Eunjung was being ironic.

“Oh, yeah, you cured me and now I can see everything is all so bright and clear” Eunjung rolled her eyes in 180 degrees, said sarcastically

“Just so you know love is the best medicine”, Hyomin stated while she was adjusting her glasses reading book.

“Not sure if I’m taking medicine, or poison” Eunjung snapped.

“I can assure it’s medicine but I guess you are taking over dose and side effect makes you crazy” Hyomin put down her book and averted her attention to her i-Pad then plugged in earphones into her ears. Eunjung thought about Hyomin’s last sentence, and then realized that her girlfriend was saying she was crazy, she wanted to pull her hair out of frustration.

“I’m curious if you are curing me but killing me” Eunjung was huffing air out of , and now it was even make her mad when she saw Hyomin all smiling enjoying watching her stupid show on i-Pad . Knowing well that she would never win the argument, she calmed herself and tried to concentrate at paper in front of her.

"Haha" Hyomin suddenly laughed out loud which it made Eunjung jump, then felt embarrassed when she realized that the whole crowd in the library turn to look at them with crossed eyes.

“Shh” Eunjung put her index finger in front indicating Hyomin be quiet

"Bakgu, watch this hilarious scene" Hyomin’s outburst with her earphone on, forgetting how loud she was, didn’t help the embarrassing situation Eunjung seemed to bear it all alone.

“We are in library” Eunjung pulled out Hyomin’s earphones, with her teeth gritted , she lowered her voice.

“Yeah I know that” Hyomin imitated Eunjung lowing her voice. “We have been here three hours and you did nothing but complained” Hyomin added.

“You made loud noise, did you realize that?” Eunjung slightly angered

“You are so boring today, I’d better get going” Hyomin shrugged her shoulder, collecting her book and i-Pad before leaving

“What?” Eunjung exclaimed, watching Hyomin making her leave, and left her alone with all stares from readers in library.

All Eunjung could do was to give them apology bow and smile, she had no reason to stay there any longer but left as well.

“Where are you going? Eunjung caught up with Hyomin.

“Miss me already?” Hyomin said, without looking on a girl walking beside her

“That’s not that what I feel right now” Eunjung said

“It’s alright I know it’s hard for you to admit” Hyomin smiled to herself.

“Think the way you want to” Eunjung shook her head

“I’m be able to read your mind too” Hyomin looked at Eunjung

“ Here it’s your car key, thank you for lending me your car” Hyomin gave an unreadable smile before putting hear earphones on and walked away

“Wait” Eunjung thought to herself, she sensed something, and as fast as her thought, she quickly proceeded to car park and , heart was beating against her chest.

 

As soon as she saw her car, Eunjung’s legs got weak, a long scratch mark was clearly seen on the door side, she was down on her knee rubbing her car with her broken heart.

“Oh my boy”, Eunjung was down on her knee touching the long scratch on her car door as if it would hurt. She inwardly screamed, then slowly opened the door to get inside her car holding her breath, inspecting around , to her relief, the interior part was all intact. Sighing to herself, Eunjung felt so depressed, she didn’t feel like taking another class and decided to skip it to get her car to a repaire shop, once she put the key into its ignition, the red emergency light on monitor showing empty fuel level, Eunjung shut the door and inhaled

“Kill me Park Hyomin !!” Eunjung screamed   

 

It had been literarily a hundred calls and messages that Eunjung tried to contact Hyomin since finding out about her car damages but she couldn’t get through her by any means and Eunjung was quite sure that Hyomin might be scared that she would scold or yell at her for her fault, and of course she was going to do so once the latter answered her call. Hours turned to day and it was few days later that Eunjung still couldn’t get in touch with Hyomin and the latter didn’t show up at college as well. 

“I don’t think she commits suicide to get away from this fault huh?” Eunjung talked to herself, when she tried to call again but still she was greeted by voicemail system.

“Where on earth are you Hyomin?” Eunjung was a little worried, thinking how weird Hyomin was, she could be emotional at times.

Half day was gone and no reply, now it was hard for Eunjung to concentrate in anything , she called again but phone seemed to be off.

“I hope you didn’t do something stupid” Eunjung didn’t wait anymore but decided to go to check on Hyomin at her house.

When she got there, Eunjung sensed the sadness of this lonely house, Hyomin was living alone without family in a house inherited to her by her adopted decreased parents and there was a reason why she couldn’t tell if something happened.

Eunjung pressed doorbell in 10 consecutive times and each time just added more worry to her when she was waiting with anxiety. She started to frantically knock on the door.

 

“Yah, Hyomin, open the door right now” Eunjung said to the door but silence was all she heard.

“Please Hyomin, let me know you are alright” Eunjung started to pray now, “I’m not mad at you anymore, I’m going to forgive for damaging my car, but I’m not going to forgive you if you do something stupid” She got scared and said everything out of her heart, hoping to hear the door crack opened, but nothing.

“Deal!” 

Eunjung was startled a bit to hear a soft warm whisper close to her ear, out of instinct she turned around and met by those eyes.

“Ommo? Eunjung exclaimed , put a palm on her chest.

“It’s me” Hyomin smiled widely, Eunjung looked at Hyomin from head to toe, the latter was wearing the outdoor clothes.

“What were you doing?” Eunjung asked

“I went trekking, it’s easy for smart people to figure by my outfit” Hyomin answered

“Oh yeah, you went trekking” Eunjung was fumed but at the same time was relieved to see the girl standing here alive and shot a sarcasm .

“Yep, I left for forest few days ago” Hyomin told

“Did you?” Eunjung asked 

“Yeah” Hyomin confirmed

“Didn’t recall you told me that” Eunjung furrowed her eyebrow

“I was going to tell you but you were busy complaining so I thought I would tell you later” Hyomin was searching for a key in her backpack. Eunjung stopped and thought

“By the way, what are you doing here?” Hyomin inserted the key to open the door to the house.

“I was checking on someone thinking that she might commit suicide” Eunjung snapped

“Committing suicide is stupid idea for those silly to consider and think about” Hyomin said, opening the door entering her house.

“It’s also only for a silly to ignore hundreds call afraid to be yelled for her fault” Eunjung followed Hyomin to the house.

“I guess that is not me” Hyomin smiled

“Then who else?” Eunjung was so aggravated by Hyomin’s ignorance.

“My phone was dead falling off and hit the ground few days ago when I was on my way home” Hyomin coolly stated.

“Oh” That was all Eunjung could utter.

“It is what it is” Hyomin didn’t care about it at all.

“And don’t you really think other people would worry about you that you were gone without any communication for few days?” Eunjung asked, Hyomin didn’t seem to feel bad making her worried.

“I planned to go there only half day, but I was stuck due to the rain” Hyomin said, removing her dirty sweatshirt. It explained all and Eunjung lost her words.

“And as you can see I don’t have family and you should be the only one honored enough to be in my life” Hyomin looked at Eunjung in her eyes “I would have called you if I had a phone with me because I missed you, and wish you were there” Hyomin gave a faint smile without much effort but Eunjung was taken off guard and didn’t know what to respond.

“Do you want ramen? I’ll cook one for you”, Hyomin gave a wink before walking off to kitchen.

Eunjung stood there feeling like it was raining above her head, she didn’t know why but she was feeling guilty without doing anything wrong, not a slight single fault was hers, she was wondering if anybody else could make her feel such a guilty twist just like Hyomin had her way. Eunjung lowered her head and watched the floor, felt sorry for herself for her cruel joke destiny.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Eunjung couldn’t believe it, she was in front of her ideal guy, he was walking toward her with flower in his hand, smiling sweetly at her, it took her breath away and she couldn’t move, her feet stayed rooted.

 

“I don’t know I still have chance but I wanna try my luck” He said

Eunjung was so shy that she didn’t know how to react. She anticipated what he was going to say next

“Will you be my girl?” He asked, looking at her in the eyes.

Eunjung didn’t expect this, she was so happy that she nodded her head unconsciously, he then bended forward, Eunjung held her breath, his face was getting closer and closer, his lips were y as always, Eunjung closed her eyes.

“Hm” Eunjung felt something wet on , and then it became ticklish, she slowly opened her eyes to find a pair of sharp eyes looking straight at her with white fur.  

“Aigoo” Eunjung shot her eyes open in shock seeing a cat . Then she heard giggling, she found Hyomin kneeled beside her bed, staring at her.

“Get up sleepyhead” Hyomin commanded.

“What are you and this freaking cat doing in my room?” Eunjung sat upright.

“She is not a freaking cat but an unexpected gift on the street” Hyomin defended

“Whatever you wanna call, but please take her out of my room, I don’t like cat’s fur” Eunjung pulled up a blanket to cover her body

“Aw, she feels hurt you said that” Hyomin patted a cat on her head, “ Poor kitty, my girlfriend is so mean” she added.

“Then both of you leave my room now” Eunjung yelled

“Ok, get yourself ready, I’ll be waiting downstairs” Hyomin informed

“ Why ?” Eunjung was curious

“Because we have a date today” Hyomin hugged a cat in her arms.

“I don't remember we set any” Eunjung retorted

“I decided to go on a date this morning so I sent you a calendar invite, it should be added automatically to your phone calendar by now” Hyomin examined Eunjung’s trophy and lifted it up with her free hand.

“Hey, be careful, put it down” Eunjung held her breathe

“Well, get yourself ready already” Hyomin put it down, Eunjung released her breath.

“Seriously Hyomin” Eunjung sighed

“Don’t you want to go on a date with me?” Hyomin stared with her signature glare

“I’m sorry but I got another plan set” Eunjung answered scarily

“With whom?” Hyomin kept glaring.

“My friend” Eunjung answered

“Alright then” Hyomin said. Eunjung smiled and abruptly got up and gave Hyomin a hug.

“I’ll make it up to you next time” Eunjung said sweetly

“Whatever” Hyomin walked out of Eunjung’s room and the cat turned around , Eunjung swore she saw her gave a dead glare.

“Yes” Eunjung lifted her hands up the air, feeling the joy of liberty, she went back to her bed to get some more sleep but before she could so, her bedroom door swung open, revealing her furious mother.

“What did you do to my poor Hyomin?” Eunjung’s mother pinched Eunjung’s ear.

“Ouch it hurts mom” Eunjung cried out in pain

“That what you get for bullying my daughter” Eunjung’s mother hit her own daughter, and addressing Hyomin as her daughter.

“Aish ” Eunjung should have known it Hyomin would never give in so easily

“Treat her better Jungie, you will never have anyone as good as her” Her mother preached.

“ Mom, I’m your daughter, how can you see someone better than your daughter?” Eunjung whined.

“ Hyomin is a good kid, I love her as my own daughter” Eunjung’s mother put her hand on her waist.

“Such a good kid” Eunjung gritted her teeth.

“Get yourself ready, she has been waiting for you downstairs” Her mother added before leaving her room, shutting the door on her.

“ You, Park Hyomin” Eunjung pulled her hair. 

Eunjung gave up, the world was never on her side, accepting her faith. Hoping one day it would be her day.

 

“What are you wearing?” Eunjung’s eyebrow knitted as soon as she saw Hyomin showing up

“Don’t tell me you don’t know what dress is” Hyomin seemed like she was going to laugh

“I know what dresses are but I don’t think what you are wearing now considered normal outfit human wears” Eunjung snapped, examining strange mixed of clothes Hyomin was wearing.

“Poor my girlfriend, who is so out of date, out of outer space, knowing nothing about fashion, this is upcoming trend and style you will find in every magazines and runways” Hyomin made up

“Then I’d rather stay in my normal human out of date style” Eunjung shook her head.

“Either way, I never complain about your stone aged outfit you are wearing, that reminds me of Flintstones cartoon characters, you’ve been much prettier if only you know fashion” Hyomin gave a victorious devilish smile seeing Eunjung’s jaw dropped.

“I know I’m funny, y, pretty lady, so close your mouth before you start drooling” Hyomin smirked

“I’m not drooling” Eunjung quickly closed , feeling defeated.

“Are you sure?” Hyomin intentionally pulled down her dress neckline revealing her white shoulder and collarbone.

“Stop it” Eunjung was going crazy

“Aw, so cute, Bakgu is blushing” Hyomin teased.

“I’m not it’s just hot here” Eunjung defended, waving her hand back and forth.

“Whoa! It’s 2 Celsius” Hyomin snapped

“Whatever, will you go or not?” Eunjung gave in, there was no way she could win

“Sure!” Hyomin locked her arm with Eunjung’s.

 

The next thing Eunjung knew, Hyomin was dragging her all over the town till her legs really gave up. She was hungry and tired.

 

“Can we eat now?” Eunjung was tiredly asking

“Sure, you pick the restaurant” Hyomin said uninterestedly

“I’m good with anything” Eunjung was too tired to decide

“Me, too, I’m after you” Hyomin still dragged Eunjung along.

“Well, how about the ramen place” Eunjung said 

“Didn’t we just have ramen this afternoon?” Hyomin asked

“So how about that steak?” Eunjung suggested hungrily

“Nah, too much meat these days” Hyomin shook her head

“What’s about a Japanese restaurant right there?” Eunjung pointed eagerly

“Last time I tried, it didn’t taste good” Hyomin looked at the restaurant name and reasoned

“Alright what you want to eat then?” Eunjung found her patience was getting low

“I don’t know” Hyomin said

“Please pick one Hyomin, anything” Eunjung was getting more impatient

“Are you angry over food?” Hyomin asked innocently

“I’m hungry Hyomin, and I’ll be angry any moment soon” Eunjung said a bit louder

“I told you I’ll be fine with anything you pick” Hyomin argued

“No you don’t and you always come up with your reason” Eunjung’s growling stomach didn’t help her angry.

“It’s your problem then” Hyomin said nonchalantly

“What?!!” Eunjung was mad now

“I told you to pick but apparently, you didn’t pick, you just asked me for my idea about this place and that place” Hyomin reasoned. Eunjung stopped and replayed her questions in her head and her realization hit her.

“But don’t worry, I forgive you, because you are hungry, such a cute HANGRY bird” Hyomin shook her head like she was talking to a kid.

“I’ll let this slip because I have no energy to talk back” Eunjung gave in.

 

They finally found the place to eat but Eunjung was kinda regret later, when her girlfriend started criticizing those classy people at the restaurant.

 

“Don’t you think it’s kinda weird that people wear the same thing here” Hyomin looked around them, as they were at a French restaurant.

“They are not weird, it’s dress code here” Eunjung reasoned as she was enjoying her food.

“Haha, it does not make sense to such a rule for eating” , Hyomin laughed . That some of the customers at nearby tables glanced at them.

“Yah, can’t you eat in silence?” Eunjung chided her girlfriend felt embarrassed. 

“Well, we are at restaurant to enjoy food, not to enjoy what people are wearing, we are not at the fashion runway show, why do we have to care what to wear” Hyomin reasoned

“But sometimes we have rule for specific place Hyomin and what you are wearing now is considered a bit strange for classy restaurant. It’s my fault through to have chosen this restaurant” Eunjung tried to explain.

“You think so?” Hyomin seemed unconfident now.

“Honestly yes” Eunjung was glad to make Hyomin feel a bit uncmfortable, hoping next time she would consider wearing something more simple.

“Excuse me” Hyomin called a waiter in his black suit.

“Yes, M'am” He approached them

“Can I ask you something?” Hyomin asked with her sweet smile.

“Of course M'am” He smiled back.

“How do you think about what I’m wearing?” Hyomin winked at him.

“You look beautiful with what you wear” He answered politely

“Compare to those simple plain same outfit, which one is better?” Hyomin pointed around.

“Honestly, you are more fashionable” He whispered with a hand blocking on his mouth

“Thank you so much” Hyomin smiled with triumph

“Anything else I can assist you?” He asked

“That’s all, thank you for your honest opinion” Hyomin said.

“See?” Hyomin smirked

 

There was no single thing that Hyomin would give in, she tried to win with her stubborn perception, and Eunjung would always get tired of arguing by the end of the day so it turned out that Hyomin won. None of the daily basis that they didn’t go by without them bickering, anything from food to life factors, they couldn’t meet a bending combo, they clashed every now and then. 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++

 

Eunjung looked left and right after coming out from bathroom, she asked Hyomin to wait for her at the spot but it was obviously not. Looking around, Eunjung noticed a glimpse of her girlfriend. Squeezing through the crowd, she found Hyomin was dancing on the floor with a guy.

 

“Let’s go home” Eunjung went up to the floor and grabbed Hyomin’s hand.

“Let’s have fun honey” Hyomin said, drunken.

“You are already drunk” Eunjung nagged

“Can we stay a little bit longer?” Hyomin asked, trying to lose free from Eunjung’s hold.

“This is my word, go home” Eunjung raised her voice.

“Hey ladies, I don’t mean to pry in but a y lady here refuses to go with you, so would you please leave her alone” A tall man with sweet face came in between.

“It’s none of your business” Eunjung bawled

“It’s sure a gentleman’s business” He reasoned.

“Tell me if you want to stay or go” Eunjung looked at Hyomin but Hyomin just looked back with pleading eyes.

“I’m leaving then, go home by yourself then” Eunjung let go of Hyomin’s hand and walked away leaving Hyomin’s there.

Eunjung was furious, she didn’t understand why she had to always be responsible for this stubborn girl, Hyomin seemed to make more mess as it went.

“Just enjoy then” Eunjung was both upset and mad, she got into her car and drove away . During the car ride Eunjung was arguing with her thought and awareness

“She will be fine”

“What if something happens to her”

“She is grown up, she must be responsible for her life”

“But she is drunk and is vulnerable”

“Who cares she wants to have fun with that guy, and good thing she won’t throw up in my car this time”

“I can’t imagine what would happen if that guy took advantage of her”

“Nah, she is smart enough to get away”

“But if you were there with her and it could be different”

“Stupid me” Eunjung stopped the car when she couldn’t take it anymore, she looked at the street sign and found that she was almost half way home.

“Silly you, Hyomin” Eunjung sighed and made a U-turn back to the club.

When she made it back, Eunjung witnessed a chaos was going on and when she got closer, it was none other than her girlfriend and the guy she met earlier, he was holding his clutch in pain. 

“Oh not again” Eunjung quickly squeezed herself through the crowd

“You bi.t.h” He was aiming to hit her on the face

*Slap* A loud noise of a hand hitting a face was heard. Hyomin gasped in shock, Eunjung’s face turned as it was hit by a rough hand.

“Yah, you bustard” Hyomin grabbed a bottle and hit on the guy’s head, people screamed in panic, Eunjung stood still in shock.

“Oh oh, here comes trouble” Eunjung said

It took them until early of next morning to get all report done and be released from police station, after all fine and indemnity. Luckily, Hyomin was filed with no charge, otherwise Eunjung couldn’t imagine if it would affect her behavior record at college.

 

“He deserves to be in jail for slapping you” Hyomin said as Eunjung was dropping her off.

“You should be gratef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter