Final

Meanie's Christmas

Wonwoo checked the text message one more time and mumbled what he typed on his owner's second phone before he could tap the 'send' button. “Hey Gyu! Wanna come over and let me show you something?” The cat hybrid bit down on his bottom lip and looked around in the apartment again, afraid that he forget about something or that something wasn't the way it was supposed to be. “Oh god I hope he doesn't misunderstand that or thinks that I'm too clingy..” he told himself before he sat down on the sofa and waited impatiently for that person's reply, checking the time repeatedly. Wonwoo's owner was away for the holidays and trusted the hybrid enough to let him stay back which was the perfect opportunity to invite a certain puppy hybrid who got bought by his owner's best friend not that long ago. The older knew that the puppy had no idea about Christmas and stuff like that because the latter asked about the weird songs playing on the radio and the rush of other people when they walked around on the streets.

It didn't take long for the reply and Wonwoo was smiling brightly while reading it aloud. “Yes of course.... he said yes!!” The cat hybrid was more than happy and giggled with the phone pressed against his chest until he heard a knock on the door, telling him that his visitor arrived already.

 

Mingyu was bored. At first, he was happy that his owner found someone to spend Christmas eve with and even allowed him to watch TV for now but he was disappointed by the movies playing. They all had a weird theme that he didn't understand and he didn't like it when he doesn't understand something, so he turned off the TV again and flopped down onto the sofa to take a nap until his owner's phone vibrated and told him that there's a new message. “Did he forget to take his phone with him? Yeah, he totally forgot. Who texted hi- it's Wonnie hyung!” the puppy exclaimed with a big smile and then replied, saying that he would come and visit his favorite hyung. “He wouldn't even notice that I'm gone for a bit, right?” Mingyu scrambling to get ready and chose to dress up in a plain green shirt and faded jeans before grabbing his warm coat and the spare keys, locking the door and heading to Wonwoo's place. It only took a few knocks before the door opened and revealed an excited hyung who was only in a sweater and a pair of comfy sweatpants. “Oh you're here! Come in, come in!” Wonwoo exclaimed and stepped aside to let the taller walk in. “Did Seungcheol hyung go out too?” Mingyu asked while stepping inside and taking off his shoes which he placed next to the door. “Yep, no one here except for us~ you don't mind that, do you?” Of course, the puppy shook his head and entered the living room, stopping after a few steps though.

“What's that?” A certain pet was standing there with his mouth wide open and blinked at the tree in wonder, kneeling down in front of the tree and not being able to take his eyes off the colorful decoration and lights making the tree look special. “So pretty~” he whispered with a twinkle in his deep dark eyes.

 

Wonwoo followed the younger and didn't know what the other hybrid was talking about at first. “What? Tha- ooooh the tree? That's a christmas tree because it's christmas. Don't you know about it?” the shorter male asked and kneeled down next to him, a soft smile present on his face. “I know, right? Oh and see.. there are presents beneath it as well!” He received a tilt of the brunette's head to the side as the cat explained. “Christmas..? What is that?” came the question from the curious puppy who now sat down cross-legged instead, eyes widening at the sight of the presents after Wonwoo pointed them out. “Waaaaa, where did they come from?!” He took a random box and jiggled it around, trying to determine what's inside which earned him a soft laugh from the black haired hybrid who found the reaction amusing but also adorable. The latter chuckled and hummed while scratching his head and trying to think of a fitting but easy explanation. “Christmas is an important day, you know? It's the day when Jesus was born and humans celebrate it by decorating a tree and placing presents around it. They also eat cookies and stuff like that I think.. at least in some countries.” he said and got another question almost immediately. “Oh.. I see. So it's.. like a big, world-wide birthday party?” Wonwoo didn't expect this at all and started laughing softly before he was able to comment on the puppy's comparison and ruffled the fluffy brown strands. “Oh my god Gyu that sounds so weird but you're right, I have never seen it this way!” The puppy hybrid enjoyed it whenever his hyung said that he was right because sadly, it didn't happen that often. “See? Sometimes all you need is a little imagination and some pixie dust.” Mingyu snickered at his own lame joke, making a face at the older when the latter ruffled his hair but let it slide this time.

The kitty had to get back at the excited giant and hummed. “But.. what if I'm allergic to pixie dust? Does that mean that I need to die?” He nudged the said giant and chuckled before joking. “And don't make a face, you look ugly like thaaat~” A gasp could be heard before it became a chuckle. “No one can be allergic to pixie dust!”the puppy nudged back playfully and was sticking my tongue out at his hyung. “Blerh, whatever, you still like me~ “ Then it was Wonwoo's turn to act offended because a certain dongsaeng didn't believe him.“Oh you have noooo idea, it is possible!” He also growled a bit when he saw the tongue but then smiled again. “Aaah~ you know me too well already~ but you're still sooo disrespectful towards your hyung..” The raven head said and didn't have to wait long for a cheeky reply. “Of course I know you too well.” Those words made the shorter tilt his head slightly to one side and think out loud. “I'm not sure if that's something good.. I can't hide that much anymore if you do. “ Mingyu poked his favorite hyung's cheek with every word when he replied. “ You don't need to hide from me.” the said hyung sighed and pouted for a bit, acting like it was something bad that he shouldn't hide. “But if I don't hide, I can't surprise you anymore and that would be boring, wouldn't it?” This made a certain brunette think for a bit longer than usual and the said hybrid decided to change the topic for the positive atmosphere's sake. He didn't want it to become less happy.

 

“True true... who are the presents for?”Mingyu asked but Wonwoo decided to let the excited puppy think a bit as well and answered with a question of his own. “Guess. Who could the presents be for?” The former chuckled lightly, smiling and staring down at the boxes before guessing and staring at the older with wide, curious eyes. “ Uh.. for Jesus? Does he visit everyone?” It was a quite interesting answer and unusual which was normal for the giant but the cat hybrid still shook his head at the wrong answer. “Nope not really. The parents usually buy presents for their family and friends, not for Jesus. I'll give you another chance to get the right answer for my question, my friend... who could receive those presents here?” Disappointment was written all over the younger's face and a pout was present as well. “Oh.” It took him a while until he realized what Wonwoo meant but once he did, his face brightened like a 100 Watt lamp. “Is this for me?!” Mingyu squeaked excitedly. Wonwoo automatically leaned back a bit as the tall puppy suddenly smiled like that and looked at the young hybrid weirdly. “Yeah, for you and Seungcheol hyung. Have you never received a present before?” While asking, a silver box with a big glittery bow was being handed to an excited Mingyu who was grinning widely. It didn't stay like that though and his grin faltered when the pet was being that particular question. “Ah.. “ the brunette mumbled and rubbed his neck lightly, never having ever shared my past with anyone since he left the pet shop a few weeks ago. Of course, his hyung noticed the small change and chewed on the inside of his cheek, worried that he said something wrong and ended up hurting the younger. “I.. no, I didn't have a family or friends. But that's alright, I have you, Jeonghan and Seungcheol now.” the puppy hybrid continued. ”Yeah, you've got me and Seungcheol now! We can be both family and friends to you if you want us to! Oh and it's nothing big but I hope that you still like it..” Wonwoo tried to cheer the other up again, feeling weird because he didn't know that about Mingyu who immediately smiled again thanks to the older. “Yup! You two are all I need.” He revealed his sharp canines while smiling and then surprised the other by kissing his cheek. “I'm pretty sure I will!” The cat only shook his head because the puppy never seemed to be sad for too long before he went back to being a cheerful ball of fluff that could look more dangerous than he actually was. “We will see if you still say the same after unwrapping the present” he retorted and chuckled while watching nervously, not being able to sit still. In the meantime, the younger male carefully opened the wrapping paper and then the box before peeking at a comfy-looking white sweater with a wide smile. Wonwoo suddenly wasn't so sure anymore if that was even the right present for his dongsaeng, so he asked to hear about the other's opinion. “Is it okay? I thought that you'd like something to keep you warm when there's no one to cuddle-” He couldn't even finish his sentence because he already got interrupted by Mingyu who looked happier than ever before, just because of a sweater. “Ooooooh waaa! Thank you, Wonwoo!” the tall puppy pounced onto the poor, surprised kitty to kiss him sweetly, trying to pour all his love for his hyung into the kiss. The black haired male was a bit shocked by the sudden kiss but gladly started to slowly respond to it, simply enjoying the sweet kiss.

 

After a long while, both had to pull back again and Mingyu's soft breath was hitting Wonwoo's lips while there was a content smile on the taller's face.“That's really thoughtful of you, I love it.” Wonwoo smiled back at him, although a bit shy, with a slight blush on his cheeks but being as happy as he could be. The kitty then looked down and mumbled something that the puppy wasn't supposed to hear, no matter how badly he wanted to tell him. “and it makes it even better when I hug you” The younger didn't hear it but grinned, leaving the sweater on his lap as he took off the one he was wearing, so he could try on the new one. Wonwoo didn't get it at first and wondered what his dongsaeng was up to, so he ended up asking despite the fact that it should have been painfully obvious. “What are you doing? Wanna try it already?”Mingyu didn't say anything and was slipping on the white sweater while the kitty hybrid watched him change into the new sweater, later on beaming at the sight. “It looks like it fits well~” The shorter male commented and clapped his hands, glad that he chose the wrong size and a color that complimented the other pet's skin tone. The said pet sighed happily, hugging himself. “It's soooo soft~ Thank you, Wonnie” The brunette said and got attacked by the older who hugged him immediately and chuckled. “Now it's as if I'm hugging a cuddly bear~” Wonwoo joked which made the other shake his head while hugging back and laying down onto my back. The kitty was being pulled with the happy puppy, of course. “I'm a puppy, remember? Not a.. fat.. grumpy bear!” the taller pet pouted and looked down at his hyung after the older rested his head on Mingyu's chest. There was silence for a minute or so because Wonwoo didn't know what to say at first. “Hmmmm... okay fine, a puppy that's as fluffy and cuddly as anyone can be” he then said after deciding that he should just give in- it was Christmas after all- and got more comfortable before yawning and hearing his dongsaeng do the same.

 

An hour later, the door opened and Seungcheol entered the apartment with Jeonghan following who couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the two hybrids cuddling on the floor, sleeping peacefully with content smiles on their faces. “Oh look Cheollie! Looks like they didn't miss us at all! My poor heart..” the long haired male exclaimed with a hand placed on his chest but the other male in the room only shook his head and went to get a blanket that he used to cover the cuddling pets on the floor. “They look cute like that, don't they? Just let them sleep, hm? We should use this chance and do what we talked about on our way back.” Seungcheol's suggestion was being accompanied by a smirk and Jeonghan wasted no time. He grabbed the older's arm and hurried to get to the bedroom and to lock the door behind them.

 

Oh what a nice Christmas Eve.

 

author's note:

Well.. longer than my usuall chapters but that's it ^^ there's even a little bit of Jeongcheol which wasn't planned at all but who cares xD I'm sorry for possible mistakes and typos.. just ignore them if you find any hahaha comments are loved as long as there's no hate~

Thanks for reading <333