Staying or Leaving?

Best things, Us

Eun wake up and realized that it's not a dream. The first thing that came on her sight is the guy Jungkook, lying in bed. She sighed. Maybe she's not gonna have her normal day back anytime soon. She's kinda worried about it. She looked at the time and saw that it's around noon already. She decided to look around the small house although it's almost empty. She wonders who lives here, or if someone actually lives here. Why can't this Jungkook dude just stay in here, it doesn't look so bad. She wonders if there's any food in here. 

"What kind of house is this? There's no single food in the kitchen." she whine. She started contemplating if she will leave or not, but just as she was about to run away, Jungkook winced in pain. She turn around to see him almost dead.

"Oh my God, just in time." she sarcastically remarked. She found her way to the table where Dr. Lee put everything. While preparing to clean Jungkook's wounds, she's still doubting whether or not staying here and taking care of a stranger is a good idea. She take a look at Jungkook, but his face is unbearable to watch. 

"You know what? This will be the last time I will do this. After this, I will leave." she went to Jungkook and decided that it'll be best if she don't leave this guy wincing in pain like this, at least she has to subside the pain he's feeling by cleaning out his wounds. 

"Urgh." Jungkook flinch.

"Ssshhh. Don't move. It'll be over soon." she said, calming him.

"Please be gentle." Jungkook muttered. 

"I know." she replied. She carefully dab the soft cotton onto his wounds. It looks horrible but she can't really do anything. 

"This looks so bad." she commented and concentrated on what she's doing. 

"T...that hurts." Jungkook glimaced in pain. Eun rolled her eyes. 

"This won't hurt if i'm a professional. But sorry I'm just someone that your friends drag in here." she spilled out. Jungkook didn't replied on that. He has no clue who the hell she is.

"Will you just stay still?" Eun almost shouted at him. 

"Alright alright! You don't need to get mad." he replied. She wants to laugh. How can this guy even talk despite all of the pain he maybe feeling? 

"You know what? You're still lucky because you have good friends." she mentioned. That's when Jungkook opened his eyes and decided that it'll be best to know who this girl is. He tilted his head a little and saw her. She looks plain. Her eyes, her nose, her lips. There's nothing special about her. He almost scoffed. 

"Oh hi!" she greeted him when their eyes met. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. 

"You might don't remember me, but I'm actually the girl you begged your life to last night. It's weird, I know. I mean you're a stranger and I'm just a passerby so what are the chances that both of us will be here right?" she blabber. He close his eyes and went back to his original position. 

"Y...you did?" he asked. Eun shrug her shoulder.

"Yeah." she replied softly. Jungkook don't know what to tell her, he's supposedly have to thank her but he can't bring himself to do so. 

"B..by the way, are you hungry?" she asked. Jungkook didn't reply. He's too tired to do so.

"I guess I have to make some soup. But don't judge the quality of it." she said and proceeded to the small kitchen that's almost empty. While making soup, Eun think if this is better than spending time on the streets. She thought that that Jimin guy can just pay her in exchange of her taking care of his friend. That's not hard. While on deep thoughts, as she usually is, she heard the door open, revealing Jimin and Chan.

"Heyyyy." Jimin greeted. He spotted her in the kitchen and approach her.

"What happened while we're gone?" he asked. She scan everything they have in their hands.

"Where's my bag?" she asked, completely ignoring Jimin's question. She went to look for it but she can't see it.

"Where's my bag?" she repeated. Jimin scratch the back of his head.

"Ahh. About that. We didn't really get a chance to drop by Huamdong yet." Jimin casually said. Eun felt betrayed. She has trust issues, and developed it while living on the streets.

"W..what?" she can't believe this guy would lie to her, they promised to look for it. Well, what can she expect? They're strangers.

"Maybe we'll look for it later. But damn i'm tired." Jimin throw himself at the couch. Chan started asking Jungkook how his night went and stuffs like that. Eun felt that this is bull.

"Can I go now?" she asked, directly looking Jimin in the eye. Jimin furrowed his eyebrow. 

"What are you talking about?" he asked. Eun wanted to immediately get out of the situation. what she's been thinking earlier. She don't want this guy's money he got from stripping or whatever his job is.

"I want to go now." she said. Jimin scoffed.

"You. want. to. go? Are you kidding me? You agreed to be here." he replied.

"That was last night. It's different today." she reason out. Jimin got money from his pocket.

"I know. I know! Money?" he asked. Eun didn't answer. If she don't see her belongings in here, she's done.

"I need my things in here." she said, totally bugged by that idea that maybe her things are now completely gone and missing.

"I told you. We didn't drop by Huamdong yet." Jimin said. Eun felt like she just lost it. She don't want to do anything with these people again. She felt bad for Jungkook but she has her life too. 

"Nevermind. I'm gonna go look for it myself." she said and prepare to leave. Jimin caught her arms.

"What do you think are you doing?" he asked. Eun withdraw her arms from the grip. 

"I'll go. I think my job here is done." she said. Jimin run towards the door to cover it. He acted like a five year old preventing his mom to go.

"N...no it's not! I paid you!! And I... I'm gonna pay you more." he said. Eun rolled her eyes.

"I'm not interested in this setup anymore. I want my thing in  here right now!" she said. Jimin look at Chan and Jungkook who's already watching the scene.

"Listen woman! I told you we didn't drop by Huamdong. How hard is it to understand?!" he asked. Eun didn't reply. 

"Aish! I worked really hard for the money we have to split up." Jimin complained. 

"I don't care about the money anymore. Just let me go this instant." she said and tried to go out, she pulled Jimin's arms and tried to go out. But luck isn't on her side that time. Jimin grip on her shoulders and face her closely, Eun's eyes widened.

"W...wait, w...what the hell are you doing?" she startled.

"Alright! Let's have a deal right here right now." he said. 

"I will go now and will find your bag whatever that is. You will have to wait here and be here for Jungkook." he said. Eun shook her head.

"What the hell? Why wouldn't you just let me go... Oh! Wait, maybe you're scared that I will tell this to the police? No, I promise I won't. I will shut my mouth and forget that I was even here." she said. Jimin chuckled with that. What is she thinking? Does she think that when she go to the police, someone will believe her? That's funny!

"Oh please, we don't even care if you go to the police or what, I just want someone to take care of Jungkook." he reason out. 

"Wait wait wait, why the would you guys let this guy's life depend on a stranger? I could've easily kill him in that state, what the hell?" she confusingly asked. Jimin and Chan exchanged look.

"You saved his life right?" Chan asked. Eun wanted to cut that bull.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm responsible with him already." she said. Jimin take a deep breath before speaking up, somehow, it's so hard to let this girl stay, even with money involved.

"Alright! I hate to break this to you, but we actually need a person for Jungkook." Jimin said. Eun laugh with that.

"A...are you ki...kidding me?" she said.

"As you see, me and Chan works almost everyday, everynight. Since you are already here, we thought that maybe it's best that you'll stay, since you're already involve." he said. Eun didn't agree with that idea, but then she look at Jungkook who's now sleeping soundly. This poor guy is having a hard time. 

"So you're the one to decide?" she asked Jimin staring right into his pleading eyes. He sighed deeply. He can't really do anything but to ask an already involve girl to take care of Jungkook since him and Chan has no capability of taking care of Jungkook because of work. 

"I'll try hard to look for your belongings. I promise. Please just stay and be here with Jungkook." Jimin almost begged. If he can just kneel right in front of her, he will......Oh wait, he actually can. He started kneeling like a mad man. 

"What the? Is this for real?" Eun can't believe this Jimin guy is that desperate for her to stay. Looking at him, he seems sincere. He's a really good friend. This Jungkook kid is really lucky. She sighed and look at Jungkook who's looking back at them. 

"Alright. I'll give you another chance. But you have to do what you just said." she ordered. Jimin literally jump in joy. He is so relief that Eun agreed. Now, all he has to do is to really look for her lost bag.

"Thank you so much!! It means a lot!! I owe you a lot for Jungkook!!" he said and he didn't realized that he hug her already. Eun was also shock, so does Jungkook and Chan watching at the background. 

"Oh oh oh. Uhh.. Well, that was awkward as . Haha." Jimin scratch the back of his neck out of awkwardness. Eun didn't react much on that. 

"Alright. I have one question though, I mean, why can't we just stay in here?" she finally asked. Jimin looked at Chan and Jungkook first before answering.

"Well, this place actually belong to other people. We just snuck in in here." he embarassingly said. Eun was shock with that revelation.

"What?! Are you kidding? Like, what is the people who owns this place came back?" she asked. 

"No that's fine. I mean, Chan is watching this place for a while. He basically knows the ownders." he said. 

"Oh alright. But still...." Eun is still about to protest when Jungkook speak up.

"It's fine. Don't worry much about it." he said. Eun just chose to shut up. She just silently hopes that Jungkook wil be better before the owners come back. 

"Okay. If ya'll say so." she replied. 

The day went by and Jimin and Chan decided to go really look for the lost belongings of Eun. This is the least thing they can do for her. Eun and Jungkook was once again, left at the house. It's silent. But on Eun's opinion, it's better than them, awkwardly talking. Right now, she just have to completely dedicate her thought on being here, and to Jungkook. 

She's sitting at the couch beside where Jungkook is laying. He's just laying there, maybe thinking deeply about something. 

"You know...." Jungkook started. Eun raised her head and look at him. He is staring at the empty ceiling. 

"In my opinion, my belongings is also the most important thing for me, I mean.... except my friends of course." he said.

"Yeah?" Eun replied.

"I've been homeless almost all my life. I never even had a decent job whatsoever." he continued. 

"I never had a decent job myself too. I mean, I never even had a realy job." she replied.

"That's weird." he remarked. Eun chuckled with that.

"I know right. Considering that I am poor all my life." she added.

"But you're lucky.." 

"Why?" Jungkook asked. Looking at her.

"You have friends. Good friends." she said, sighing afterwards. Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

"It's not like you don't have any friends right?" he asked. Suddenly getting intrigued on what she said.  She look back at him, their eyes both locked with each other. 

"Nah. I never had any real friends." she said. When she said that, Jungkook immediately felt a huge empathy for her. He kinda get a little bit of gist on how hard her life is. Not having any 'real' friends must be damn hard.

"W...what do you mean?" he asked, murmuring under his breath. Eun look away, looking at nowhere. 

"They just.... they just chose that they don't wanna be friends with me. Fake it all, everything. They decided that being around me won't do any good to them." she said. She wanted to tear up saying this to another human being after a really long time. 

"Apparently, people accuse me of being someone who is so unlucky... I don't even deserve anything good." she said, totally drowned on the memories of Gangwon and everything people told her right after her grandmother died. It's no use though, crying about it now won't change anything. 

"I only wanted everything to be okay." she said, almost tearing up. 

Jungkook looked at her and the only thing he sees is a vulnerable, hurt, young lady who has a nice intentions but was never given a chance to prove her worth. He gulped. Thinking how much she've been through.

"D...did you ran away from home?" he asked. 

"Hmm. Yeah. I did. I ran away from all those people who told me that i'm no good. I guess I just went tired hearing that every single day." she confessed. 

"I'm sorry to hear." he weakly said. 

Eun prevent herself from crying in front of him. She wants to show him that she's strong, because on his state right now, he's actually weak, so she fake a laugh.

"Hahaha, but it's all good though. I mean, everything." she said, totally ignoring Jungkook's sad face for her. 

"Afterall, being alone is easier." she whispered. Jungkook heard it. 

"Don't worry alright? It hurts now, but it'll be over soon. You're gonna be fine." he said, Eun's eyes sparkle with that as she smile thankfully. 

 


A/N: hi! I hope that ya'll enjoy this update! Please subscribe :)