The Boy.

Best things, Us

"Aish! I can't even make money from this." Eun scratch her head and threw the empty water bottles she collected from the supermarket garbage. It started to rain really hard and she have no idea where she's going to sleep. Maybe she'll take a visit under the bridge again. She hates the people there. The beggars there claimed that they own the place. They kick her out after fighting with the senior beggar that lives there. 

She look around. Everyone is running like someone is chasing them. While she's sitting under the slight roof outside the convenience store, thinking about how can she survive the next days. Ever since she moved here in Seoul, nothing went right, except when she luckily found a hundred dollar bill lingering around the bench she's sleeping at one time. It was gone, she used the money to buy some food for herself, and for a secondhand coat she can use when winter comes. 

"Excuse me, you can't sit there. Go away!" the owner of the convenience store shouted at her. She stand up, and tried to beg the Ahjussi if she can stay a little longer.

"Ahjussi, wait. I'll go. But let me stay here for a while. I don't know where to go." she begged. The ahjussi threw her something hard, she look at it and saw it was a rock. She felt something dripping down her arm. Her eyes widened when she realized it's bleeding.

"Yah! Ahjussi! Why would you do that?! You don't have to throw a rock at me!!" she shouted. 

"What?! Why not?! Beggars like you are the main reason why this country ! You keep on ruining everything!" the ahjussi shouted back. Eun just gulped. What does her 'beggarness' has something to do with Korea? 

"Ahjussi.. please, just let me stay here for a while, the rain is pouring really hard. I don't have anywhere to go." she begged, totally gulping all the insults she received. 

"No! Get lost before I call the police!" the ahjussi shouted.

Eun realized that there is no way this man would ever let her stay. She just wished for his death. That's what she does on those people to kick her out, hurt her, or insult her. This man did all three. So she wish he dies, tragically, and his body will never be found, until it just rot. 

"Go die!" she shouted at the man before running away. 

When she reached the point where it's far away enough from there, she pant. She has nowhere to go, no place to stay, or nobody to run to. Her life now is basically useless. It revolves around surviving, the basic necessities, like food, and clothes. Eun lean her back on the wall, and she started to cry. All her life, she never tasted anything so good. It's all bad. People on her village even calls her 'Bulhaeng Yeoja' (Bad luck girl) Her parents fell off the cliff when she was young, and she stayed with her grandparents after that. Her grandfather died in lukemia, and her grandmother died in an infection in the blood. All of it happen right even before she turn twenty. An elderly on their village told her that she will never find someone who will be her family. She will never get married, have a kid, or be happy. She could just better off, end her life. Because her life overall, has no reason at all. She's so tired of hearing all of that. So, she pack her bag and leave everything in Gangwon to find her luck in Seoul. But maybe the people in her village is right. She's an unlucky girl after all. 

With her shabby wet clothes, and her heavy bag, she carry on with her daily life, on seeking food. No matter how hard this life is, she still has to survive. She believes that one day, her luck will come, and when that happens, she will make sure that all of those people who step down to her will pay. 

"Wait.. Where am I?" she look around, trying to figure out where she's been already. Night time is already approaching and she has to find a place to sleep on soon. Eun saw an area where it's kinda dark. She can sleep there, provided that there's no one in there. She smiled to herself. That alley will be her place for now. She approach the alley and she heard a sound. It sounds like someone is out of pain. Her heartbeat increases. Who could it be? 

"Hello?!" she called, hoping that she's just imagining things. But to her shock, she saw a guy laying in there, Blood covers his entire body, especially his stomach. Eun run towards him.

"Excuse me?! Hey are you in pain?" she histerically asked. Of course he is, what kind of stupid question is that? The guy look at her.

"Help me please." he begged. Eun immediately tried to make the guy stand. Now that she's involved, and she's the witness, she has to do something. 

"Wait.. Ahh~~ What should I do? Just hang in there okay.. I'll go grab some help." she was about to stand up, when the guy pulled her.

"No.. Don't. Just help me stand up.." he said. Eun find it crazy.

"What are you talking about? I'll help you go to the hospital." she said as she use her strenght to pull the guy up. 

"Don't take me to the hospital." he said. Eun wants to smack this guy. He's almost dying but he don't want to go to hospital?

"Argh! You're heavier than I thought." she said. Blood drips down from him and she got some on her dress too. She tried her best to pull him with her.

"Take me to this place." the guy said and handed her an address. Her eyes widened. She's been on that neighborhood and it's full of gangs. 

"Wait.. Are you saying that I should take you here?" she asked. The guy is too tired to even nod. This girl just better get him there or he'll die. Basically, his life is currently in this girl's hands. 

"Ah! I just wanted to go sleep already. Why should I go back there?" she asked herself. The guy winced in too much pain. Eun panic more. What does she did to deserve this?

"Walk faster. I don't think I can survive longer." he said. Eun wanted to cry, to shout, and to go crazy. This is too much. 

"Okay. Okay. But.. don't fall okay? Just walk. You're heavy and I can't carry you again if you fall. I mean. My bag is.. wait, my bag?! I left my bag somewhere. But.. Can you wait for me here?! No! Don't! I mean, you're dying. Aish! Nevermind. Just walk faster okay?" she pulled-drag him with her. They have to get there soon. She has a lot of question. Why would he insist to take him there and not the hospital? What is in there? Is there a doctor there? Oh wait! Maybe he's a criminal on hiding? Oh no! It can't be!

They continue to venture that dark and dangerous looking alley. Eun doesn't know how long they did. One time, she didn't even felt the guy move so she thought he already died in her arms, but the's really strong. He keeps on fighting as if he still has some mission in life that he didn't finish.

"There, there. Go inside." the guy ordered. Eun didn't hesitate but she immediately knock. 

"Hello!! Anyone!! Please help this guy!!!" she shouted while knocking. 

"Please help him. He's about to die!!" she histerically said while knocking. Just then, a young man open the door, and was shock on the view.

"Jungkook hyung!!!" he half shouted. He take the said man from Eun. 

"What happened?" he asked. Eun doesn't know how to reply.

"I don't know. I found this man dying." she explained. The man immediately took him in. Eun followed. 

"Is he... is he going to die now?" she nervously asked. For some reason, she felt responsible for this guy. The other guy ignored her presence, he can thank her later. The guy pick his phone and call someone.

"Dr. Lee? Yes. This is Chan. Hey, go in here. We have some situation." he said. The guy who call himself Chan look at her.

"Go grab some water, the bathroom is that way." he pointed out the door at the left. She doesn't know what to do so she just followed. While inside the bathroom she saw her arms and legs full of blood. She sighed. She didn't even ask for this.

"Hyung, hang in there alright. Dr. Lee is on his way. You should stay strong." she heard that Chan guy said to the dying guy, name Jungkook. She went out the bathroom and handed Chan the bucket of water. But Chan didn't accept it, instead he hand her a towel.

"Wipe the blood." he ordered. Eun look at Chan. Why is he asking her to do this? Chan's eyes widened, and she got scared. 

"O...okay." she just follow. She started wetting the towel and pat it on Jungkook's bloody skin. She wanted to cry, seeing a stranger being like this. Never in her life she got involve in something this bloody. 

After some time, a man appeared, carrying bags. He has with him, a guy who is also around her age. She stood up and bow. She doesn't even know this people, but she's polite enough to bow.

"Jungkook might die soon. Dr. Lee, please save him." Chan begged while his voice is shaking. She can tell that everyone there has a question on their mind who is she, and what the hell is she doing standing there. 

Dr. Lee immediately began the operation that such view will never ever be erase on Eun's mind. She clearly saw how he pulled a bullet on his stomach, how she saw the flesh of a human, the most gruesome things was done and words has been said. 

Eun felt like she was floating. Maybe because she's hungry. Or maybe it's because of the things she witnessed. 

When the 'unsafe' surgery ended, the guy who's with Dr. Lee approached her. He look at her from head to toe. Then he raised his eyebrow.

"Who are you?" he asked. She gulped. Is he gonna shoot her? Well, it looks like it.

"I'm just... I'm a bystander who got drag in here." she said. The guy shook his head.

"Chan! I have a bad feeling about this. Who's this girl?" he asked the younger one. Chan look at her before looking at his hyung.

"Ah~ She took Jungkook hyung here." he simply said. The guy gave her a suspiscious look.

"Are you Wonhee?" he asked. Eun raised a brow. 

"Who is that?" she asked. The guy just let it go and he handed his small hand to her.

"I'm Jimin. I'm Jungkook's bestfriend." he said. Eun hesitated to take his hand. Jimin look at his hand.

"Oh, is it because of my hand? I know it's small." he said. Eun look at his hand. It really is small. She took it slowly.

"What's your name?" he asked. 

"Uhh.. I'm... Eun." she replied. Jimin nodded.

"Eun." he repeat her name. He look at her once again.

"As a thank you, let me buy you some food. You kinda look like you didn't eat for a really long time." he said. Eun's eyes widened. Is it that obvious? She take a look at this guy's face. He's really quite handsome by the way. And he looks like he can lift something heavy too. 

"Y...you will?" she asked. Jimin smiled. For the first time, Eun felt at ease.

"I won't let the saviour of my bestfriend's life just go without even giving her some reward." he said. Eun agreed. She should be totally rewarded. After all those heavy lifting on that boy, Jungkook, she absolutely deserves a reward, like a delicious food.

"O..okay then." she said. Just then, Chan approach them and he eyed Eun.

"Where did you find him?" he asked. Geez. This guy looks like he's way younger than her and yet he speaks this way. He's grumpy as . Eun tried to think where did she found the almost lifeless body of that poor young man.

"H..Huamdong." she replied. Chan sighed, he look at Jimin and pat his shoulder.

"I think he got kicked out." he told Jimin. The latter seems to agree. Eun didn't pay much attention on him. Inside her mind, she hopes this Jimin guy just treat her very soon.

"Anyway, Eun ssi. Where do you live?" Jimin interrogated her. She lowered her head. Jimin seems to get what she'll say next though.

"Are you homeless?" he asked. Eun look at him in horror.

"How do you know?" she asked in surprise. Jimin smirk.

"You look like one though." he replied. Eun bit her bottom lip. Well, she wears a shabby clothes that she get somewhere at the pile of garbage. Her hair looks like it has not been wash for a year. Her overall, just scream homelessness.

"Jungkook is homeless too." Jimin said. Eun look at Jungkook. He doesn't look like he's homeless, he looks poor as hell but not homeless. 

"Okay, I know what you're thinking... 'why would his bestfriend wouldn't take him in, I'm sure he has a home', actually for your information I am homeless too, but I made some fortune dancing around the streets, so I afford a cheap to nothing share bedroom." he said. Eun just let him talk. She doesn't think of that. What a judgemental person.

"You said you found him at Huamdong?" he asked.

"Ah. That's right." she replied. Jimin nodded while thinking.

"Hmm. That's his old place. I'm sure he got kicked out for not paying the rent." he said.

"Anyway. Just stay here. I'll buy you some food. I'm sure they also didn't eat yet, I mean, who could still eat in this situation right?" he said and left. Eun sighed deeply. She sit down on the old chair near her. Then she look at Jungkook. Poor boy. He doesn't deserve what he went through. Well, it's not like she knows the real life of this guy who's also homeless. Yes, being homeless is damn hard, but what she don't understand is that why would this guy reach this point of being hurt like this.

After some while, Jimin came in with foods. He tossed Eun one of them and she immediately, without anymore hesitation dig in. Jimin look at her in shock, and disgust. Well sure, she's homeless, but she's still a girl. She should somehow, eat with class. Eun became anxious on how this Jimin guy is staring at her like he's ready to hurt her anytime soon. She started eating like she's taking her time. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you homeless though?" he asked. Eun wish this guy would just stop asking. She almost rolled her eyes.

"I'm here from Gangwon." she replied. Jimin nodded and scan this girl from head to toe.

"County girl. I can understand the get up though. But you know, you're a girl. You can easily find money, you know, a lot of prevert guys can go with someone like you." Jimin insulted her. Eun didn't care about that. He can insult her all he wants, but that doesn't change the fact that she is not like that kind of girl, well, at least not yet.

"You know you're right, but I'm not that desperate yet." she replied. Jimin nodded.

"Oh, yes right! I mean desperation is the main ingredient for that matter." he said. Eun can't really agree of that, but she can't disagree either because she honestly don't know what's going on on other people's lives. She can't just judge.

Eun continue eating. She's damn hungry and though, this food isn't really that great. But she really has to go soon, since she's tired and this thing had drain all her energy. When she finished, she immediately bid her goodbyes.

"Hey, I.. I think I need to go now." she told Jimin. The latter look at her and shook his head.

"What do you mean go?" he asked. Eun wanted to smack the dude, is he retarded? What the hell is he even asking?

"I need to go home, now." she said. Jimin chuckled.

"What home? I thought you're homeless?" he asked.

"Well, yeah, I mean, I need to go away now. I hope your friend gets better.. really." she said and bowed. She turn to Chan and bowed. She's on the way out when Jimin called her.

"Hey! Eun ssi." Jimin called. 

"I'm just wondering.. if you could stay a little bit longer. I mean, we kinda need a girl to take care of Jungkook. Me and Chan has work this evening. No one can look after Jungkook tonight." he said, a little shy. Eun raise her eyebrow.

"Wait. Like, you guys don't even know me. Why are you trusting me with this guy's life?" she asked. Jimin scoffed.

"Well, you just saved this guy's life didn't you?" Jimin asked.

"Uhm yes. But that doesn't mean I'm responsible with him." she fired back. Jimin sighed deeply. Looking at the time, he realized that Chan and him really needs to go now.

"Alright. In exchange of tonight, I will pay you." Jimin offered. Eun sure heard it right. She thought of every opportunity that will come but she really can't think of any. 

"Okay. How much?" she asked. Jimin scoffed, psh! This girl!

"How about half of what I earn tonight?" he asked. Eun's eyes went into line. She don't believe him.

"No way. How can I even know that you're actually earning? How much?" she asked. 

"I'm dancing on streets remember?" he asked. Eun's mouth went to a 'O'. 

"Pay me in advance." Eun said. Jimin shook his head. Honestly this girl?! If he just don't have to go.. Oh well.

"Okay okay. Here. That's all the money I have. Now, you must not let anyone inside after we left." he said and called Chan. The latter bowed at her and smiled.

"Hey, thank you for taking Jungkook hyung here. If it wasn't for you, he'll be dead now. So, we really owe you." Chan said. She just give him a small smirk. Well, it's not she have any choice but to save this guy, well, being a good person though. 

"Alright. Enough with that. We should go now Chan. Hey you! Don't let anyone in. If someone knock, pretend there's no one home. And don't forget to take care of Jungkook!" Jimin told her. She just nod her head lazily like 'yeah yeah'. But then she remember one thing all of a sudden.

"Oh hey!" she called them. She shyly look at them.

"I have my bag, and I think I left it on the place where I found this guy. C..can you please get it for me? I mean, all of my belongings are there." she said. 

"You actually have belongings?" Jimin scoffed. 

"Well, as you know homeless has belongings with them too if you haven't seen one mister." she raised a brow. 

"Okay okay. We'll try our best to find it. But you have to promise us that you'll take care of Jungkook." Jimin said. Eun rolled her eyes for the nth time.

"Yes, okay? I ing promise." she said gritting her teeth. Jimin laugh.

"Good! Then we'll see you." Jimin said and proceeded to the door with Chan.

When the two left, she face Jungkook who looks like he's in pain. She rolled her eyes and grab a wet towel to wipe Jungkook's head and his arms. He's half so it's kinda awkward for her. She keeps on shooking her head while doing that, she just can't believe that this will actually happen. 

"You know what? You're kinda lucky because your friends looks like they are real. I never had real friends. Oh, maybe I did, but I just didn't notice it. But who cares right?" she talked. She noticed a ring on Jungkook's finger, and she went to touch it. She noticed one too on Jimin's. 

"Maybe this ring is like the ring of their gang?" she said shockingly. She then realized how crazy this night is. How did she get here again?

"Oh no! Maybe I have to go... but that other guy paid me already... And what if I leave and they find me? Like what should I even do right now?" she histerically panicked. She can't just leave, she knows that, and besides she's a little bit worried about this guy she just saved from death. She walk back and fort until she started calming down. She decided to sit down on the chair. 

"This people.. What if.. What if I got involve with them?" she asked herself. She look at this guy called Jungkook and stare at his face for a while. This guy is good looking, no doubt!

"I never really get a chance to see your face until now. You look.... errr. kinda... okay." she said. She stared at his face until she fell asleep.

 


A/N: HELLO!! I really hope you enjoy the first chapter. :) Looking forward for your comments :) Please subscribe too! Have a nice day! ヽ(^◇^*)/