Chapter 1

Wishing Upon The Wrong Star

My Name is Lee SungMin a.k.a Sungmin. Born on 1 January 1988. From Ilsan, Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea. Pheww~ What a long address. 

 

I was the only daughter and hope for my mother after a tragedic accident that occured to my father, died on the way to the hospital 2 years ago. After the incident, my mother worked hard and manage everything for our family that she willing to work two jobs in one day.

 

21 January, a day with a sunshine and the bird flew freely on the air. The kids playing a kites happily with their friends and family. But I'm here, standing in my room, watching them by the windows. I can't spend my time as what as the kids always have since my mother suffered from a cancer. 

 

"Why don't you play with them?" she asked while sitting on my bed.

"No. I don't want to." I replied as I'm giving her a wide smile.

"Sungmin~ah, did I just make you difficult since I'm suffering on this disease? I'm sorry-"

"I don't care, omma. As long as I'm still alive, I swear I will take care of you no matter what happen." I cutted. Then, I knelt in front of her while holding her hand tightly. 

 

Tears flow from her eyes slowly on her cheeks. I gently wiped her tears out using my finger.

 

"Omma, can I ask you something?" 

"Go on, dear." she nodded.

"Please don't leave me, okay? Promise me you won't."

"What if I say no?"

"You shouldn't say that." I pouted.

She chuckled. "Don't worry, Sungmin. Once I leave, someone will care you the most."

"NO! I just want you!" Its my turn who cried. 

"Sungmin. Don't be like this. You're not a child anymore. You've grown up and it's time for you to be independent."

 

I just nodded after listening to her explaination. I truly want her only who care for me.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

 

"Woah!!! Yummy! Omma really good on cooking that I can't even beat you." I praised my mother who still busy cooking in the kitchen. 

"Really? Keep praising or else this food will burn." 

"What?!" I shocked. 

"Of course not, dear. Just joking." My mother said. But then, she cough badly. Luckily, she didn't cough in front of the food. I rushed to her bedroom and get the medicine. 

"Finally, I found it!" I shouted happily. After that, I saw a brightest star shining on the sky. It can be seen through the window. I held my both hand and said, "I wish my-"

 

"PUMPKIN!!!!" 

 

I've not yet finish wishing upon the star but a loud sound coming from the front door, calling my nickname. Without wasting my time, I opened the door and saw a tall and handsome boy standing in front of me. 

 

"Lee Hyuk Jae?!" 

"Miss me, pumpkin? I'm back!" He gave me his gummy smile and hugged me tightly. Fortunately, my mother wasn't there during that time.

"Let me go, you ert monkey!" I pushed him hardly and went to the kitchen.

"Your becoming husband is back! Why don't you kiss me, huh?" he chuckled as he following me from back. 

"Oh! Lee Hyuk Jae! You're here. Let's eat together with us." My mom greeted him happily. 

"OMMA!" I shouted angrily to my mom while shot him a death glare to Lee Hyuk Jae a.k.a Eunhyuk.

"You shouldn't behave like that in front of him." She whispered at me. 

"Arasso. I know." I nodded. 

 

As usual, when we eat dinner together in one table, Eunhyuk would not stop looking at me. I felt so annoyed when he touched my soft hand everytime my mother busy serving the dishes. Aish!~ Why should I befriend with this person. He might handsome and have a lot of girls who crazy over him but why should me he wanted so much. "I've friend with him for many years but how come today I feel like wanna run away from him?" I thought. 

 

After we finished our dinner, Eunhyuk decided to go home because he got a tonnes of work he must do. I felt so happy when he have already step his feet outside of my house. But.....

 

"Omma, don't let the other man stole her heart except me, okay?"

"Ermm.. I don't know but I-"

"Yes! Finally! Thanks for your blessing!" He ran to his home that located next to ours.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

My mother and I sitting on the sofa while watching the shows on the TV.  I can see her not-so-okay expression on her face. 

 

"Omma, are you sad?" I asked.

"Nope, dear. Actually, I just want to tell you something." 

"What is it?"

"If omma asked you to marry with someone that is not Hyuk Jae, will you accept it?"

"OF COURSE! As long as his type is not my future husband. Err.. Wait a minute. Am I marry with that person as soon as possible?" 

"You'll know about that soon. Just wait, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded. I wished she told about that sooner as she can. I just...... not prepared yet.