Meeting Taemin

Because of Eve

Onew, Minho, and Jonghyun are in the headquarters again, eating the sandwiches Minho got for them.
“Onew hyung you are spacing out.”
“I am just thinking about something.”
Jonghyun buts in “Care to share?”
“Nah its nothing. Don’t mind me. I’ll just go get some air. I’ll also do a community round while I am on it. Check if we can be of help to the district office.”
The two looked at each other and just shrugged. Must be Onew Sangtae.

Onew can’t help thinking about the raven haired guy. The owner of the white kitten named Eve. For some reason, he wanted to know more about him. His thoughts lead him back to the park and he decided to take a walk. That’s when he noticed that a white thing is in the tree..again.
He parked his truck and decided to take a look. And he was right. It is the exact same kitty in the same tree. Looks like this kitten is a rebel and went out again. Onew took the ladder from the truck and climbed the tree to get the kitten.
“Hi Eve” The kitten him a bit. “Seems like you remember me. You are an adventurous little kitty. You climbed the tree again.” Onew decided he would take the kitten to the lost and found center. He also realized that he is hoping to see its owner again.

The bell rings alerting Jongin that someone just entered the center so he looks up to greet the visitor
“Hello, welcome – Oh Eve! Uhm. Sorry. Welcome to the lost and found center. It’s you again.” Jongin smiles at Onew. “Yes. I was checking the area and I saw this little kitten again. Seems like a rebel, this little one, ran away to play again.” Jongin laughs, “or Taemin may have left the cat door open again. We already told him he needs to shut it properly because this one is a little explorer. Thanks for bringing her back.”
“No worries. I am glad I was able to help” Onew turn to leave when Jongin calls him again.
“Oh by the way. What’s your name? We were so excited we found Eve, I forgot to ask you for your name.”
“It’s Onew”
“Thanks Onew-ssi”

Jongin calls Taemin as soon Onew leaves the store.
“Hey Taemin. Guess what?”
“No time for guessing, I am still looking for Eve.”
“Well I got her here.”
“Really? I am on my way!”

Taemin arrives at the center five minutes later. “Jongin where’s Eve?”
“She’s in the pen don’t worry. I gave her some warm milk and last time I checked she was taking a nap.”
“Thanks. I am not sure what to do with her really. She just loves to go out.”
“Well, she might be meeting someone. Or waiting for someone. Your kitten was found in the same tree by the same guy.”
“Same guy?” Taemin’s eye lit up.
“Oh my god Taemin you are so obvious.”
Taemin blushed a little.
“What? I was just asking.” Taemin said with a pout.
“You find him attractive.”
“Well….yeah.” Taemin admits, ears turning red.
“Come on Taemin. No need to blush around me. I knew you think he was hot.”
“Well you can’t deny he is a looker plus his biceps look good. But you know what, this will sound cheesy as but, when he spoke his voice made me want to know more about him. But I was so excited to get Eve back I forgot to ask his name.”
“Well I got it”
“Thanks for understanding Jongin”
“No idiot. I mean yeah I get the fact that you may or may not be acting like a high school girl longing for puppy love but I also got your guy’s name”
“Really?”
“Yeah, he’s name is Onew”
Taemin tries it “Onew. I like the sound of it. It’s perfect for his gentle aura”
“Oh and a little birdie told me Onew is a fireman. A volunteer in the Sawol district.”
“Well that explains the biceps.” Taemin thinks aloud as he smiles to himself.
Jongin laughs at that.
“I knew it. You were really looking. Looks like Eve deserves a treat. She brought you a good looking guy.”
Next day Onew took on rounds assignment again and went back to the same spot where he found the kitten. He had an inkling he will find it there again. And lo and behold it’s sitting pretty in the branch, seemingly waiting for Onew.
“You are getting used to this Eve. Were you waiting for me?”
Onew took the kitten and it snuggled to his chest. “Looks like I am getting attached to you kitty. We can’t have that. Maybe I should talk to you owner. Taemin right?”

Onew brought the kitten back to the center. “Hi Jongin. I found Eve again.”
“Taemin is really really careless. I am so sorry for the trouble. And also thank you for the help”
“No worries I was on rounds duty anyway. Would it be okay if I wait here? I would like to talk to Eve’s owner.”
“Oh sure. I will call him” Jongin proceeds with the call “Hey Taemin. Eve’s here. Can you pick her up now? The one who found her wants to talk to you. Yes. Okay bye.”
“Onew-ssi, Taemin will be here in 10 minutes would you like some tea or coffee while waiting?”
“Water would be nice. Thanks.”

Taemin arrives 10 minutes later….

“Hello. I am Taemin. I am sorry for the bother Onew-ssi. And thanks for taking care of Eve.” Taemin bows as soon as he caught sight if the man.”
“Oh you already knew my name” Onew smiled at Taemin. Taemin felt the heat creep up his neck but he fought to suppress the blush.
“Uh. Yeah. Jongin mentioned. Again, sorry for the bother”
“No worries Taemin-ssi. I was doing rounds anyway. I just decided to wait for you to ask if you would like to know where I found her. The first times seemed to be an accident, the second I thought of as a fluke, but this time around she looked like she was waiting. She was rather comfortable up there.”
“Aigoo that little kitten. Thank you for the offer Onew-ssi. I agree. I should know where to find her. Thank you for helping.”
“You’re most welcome. Come on I’ll show you.”
“Okay. I’ll just go get Eve.” Taemin takes Eve in his arms and follows Onew.

“And this is where I found her”
“Thanks again Onew-ssi. I’ll make sure to go here right after my last class to check if Eve escaped again and decided to go here.”
“You’ve thanked me enough. It’s okay Taemin-ssi. But wait, class? Are you still as student?”
“Oh. No.” Taemin shook his head lightly with a smile. “I teach dance classes in a small studio.”
“Interesting. You must be tired then.”
“I won’t lie I am a bit tired.”
“You should go. Take care.”
“You too.”

________________________

A/N:

Here's part 2. One more to go~

Thanks for reading!

~AnotherWriter