Thanks to Eve

Because of Eve

"Onew hyung, you did the rounds again yesterday, right?”

“Yes. Why?”
“Can you please pretty please take it again today?”
“Minho please do not do aegyo on me. I am begging you. Why should I?”
“Because hyung, our lover boy here finally got a date with Kibum.” Jonghyun smile like a proud mom.
“Nice! Fine fine, I’ll do it.”
“Thanks hyung I owe you one.”
Deep inside Onew was thankful. Now he had a legitimate reason to go and check the tree.

Onew decided to make one full round of the district before checking the tree. Because of that, he was a little later than the past two days. And when he got there, he was surprised by what he found. Taemin was at the bottom of the tree looking up at the braches. As he got nearer, he heard Taemin talking “Eve you bad girl. You went out again and came back here. I am here now and you still won’t go down. Tsk”
Onew smiled. It was such a cute sight.

“Hey Taemin.”
“Onew-ssi?”
“I was on rounds and I saw you. It may or may not be becoming a habit to check here.” Taemin smiles but he noticed there was a slight discomfort showing. “Taemin are you okay?”
“Yes. It’s just…I am so sorry but can you please help me get her down. She’s being uncharacteristically stubborn right now and I can’t climb the tree to get her”
“Sure. Let me just go get the ladder.”

Onew then set it up. As soon as he reached the kitten’s branch, the kitten walked straight into Onew’s arms. “Looks like Eve is starting to like me Taemin-ssi”
“Looks like it.” Taemin smiles as he looks at the way Jinki cuddles his precious Eve.
“How long have you been waiting for her to get down?”
“It’s a little embarrassing but it’s been about 30 minutes already.”
“Next time you need help just call me. I do the rounds anyway so I’ll be in the area. If your kitty decides to continue acting up. I could help you get her down.”
“Oh. That..that would be nice Onew-ssi” Taemin pulls out his phone a little too fast (he was a little excited) and it almost fell.
“Careful Taemin-ssi.”
“Ah. Yes. Thank you. Here.”
Onew typed in his number and they bid each other good night.

The next day, Onew volunteered to do all the rounds assignment for the following week. He was proud of that smooth move to give Taemin his number. And if he was being honest, he was hoping the other would call him today. And the stars are smiling upon him as he received a text message:

Hi Onew-ssi. This is Taemin.

He saved the number. And not 10 minutes later, his phone started ringing. Caller ID: Taemin
“Onew-ssi?”
“Yes. It’s me. How is it? Is Eve up there again?”
Taemin sighed. “Yes. Unfortunately.”
“Okay I am on my way.”
When Onew arrived Taemin was sitting by the trunk looking tired.
“I’m here”
“Oh thank God! Eve is being such a brat I am sorry.”
“It’s okay I kind of look forward to seeing Eve these days.”

On the sixth day, Onew was already expecting the call. Taemin ws expecting he would need to call Onew so he brought coffee and a doughnut.
And as expected, they ended up in the same tree with Eve still up in the branches. The two decided to drink their coffee and eat their doughnut. They also played twenty questions just for fun. Though deep inside both of them just wanted to get to know more about the other.
By the end of that night, Taemin is already calling Onew “hyung” and Onew has started using informal speech on Taemin. They also knew about each other’s family members. And some random mundane things.

On the seventh day, Onew texted Taemin.
“So, are we meeting at the tree Taemin-ah?”
“Looks like it. Eve is not here at the house when I got home.”
“Okay drinks and snacks are on me today. See you.”
And when they met they started talking about everything and anything.

On the eighth day, Onew offered to drive Taemin and Eve home.

On the ninth day, they didn’t need the ladder. Eve jumped down as soon as she saw Onew.
“Looks like she is really waiting for you hyung. Look at her jump right away when she saw you.”
“Should I adopt her then?”
“No! Hyung you can’t. She will scratch the hell out of your roommate’s dog. It will be total chaos in your shared apartment.”
“I don’t think so. Roo is a very charming puppy and Eve would probably like her. They will prove to be the best cat and dog duo.”
“You still can’t. I won’t allow it hahaha”
“You’re cute when you laugh”
“Why thank you hyung” and they laughed some more and ate some snacks. Halfway through his burger, Taemin had a bright idea.
“Hyung, I don’t have dance classes tomorrow. Would you mind coming over? Maybe Eve would stop going here if she know she can still meet you at home.”
“Well, I am off duty tomorrow so I don’t mind spending that day with the two of you.”
And just like last night, he drove Taemin and Eve home with the promise of “see you tomorrow”.

On the tenth day, Onew visited Taemin’s home and they played with Eve in the yard.
They also talked some more and when the opportunity came up, Onew finally asked that one question he has been itching to ask.”
“Tae, have you had a girlfriend?”
Two hearts were pounding hard as Onew waited for the answer.
“No”
Onew exhaled.
“How about a boyfriend?”
“Yes”
He has started this, might as well follow through.
“Are you seeing anyone right now?”
“I am not sure?”
Onew was puzzled. His heart skipped a bit.
“What do you mean?”
“Well, I’ve been meeting you quite often.” Taemin puts his gaze down suddenly becoming shy.
And it clicks. Onew was happy to know that the feeling seems to be mutual.
He reaches out and takes Taemin’s hand on his own. Taemin looks up and Onew stares into his eyes.
Deep breath, inhale, exhale.

“I really enjoyed the past few days Taemin-ah. However, Eve has stopped going out to climb that tree and I am afraid that I won’t have a reason to see you. And I don’t want to stop seeing you. Would you like to have coffee with me tomorrow? We could also see a movie if you want too?”
Taemin smiled and Jinki’s heart fluttered. Taemin was beautiful in every sense of the word.
“I would love that hyung.”
“So it’s a date?”
“Yes”
“I’ll pick you up at 4:00 pm; same as our rescue eve time.”
Taemin chuckled at that.
“Sure. And this time, I’ll make sure to lock that cat door to keep her inside.”

On his way home, Onew called Minho.
“Hey Min”
“Yes hyung?”
“Remember how you told me you owe me one? When you had a date with your Kibum guy?”
“Yes hyung. Would you like me to bring you a chicken sandwich tomorrow?”
“Nope. I need you to cover for me tomorrow, for the rounds.”
“O..kay. Is there an emergency hyung? Are you okay? Are your parents okay?”
“Everything’s okay. Don’t worry.”
“Oh I see. So why do you need e to cover for you?”
“Same as your reason?”
“What do you mean?”
“I have a date.”
Minho called Jonghyun as soon as he got off the phone call from Onew and now Jonghyun is inspired to write another love song. Love is in the air~

 

____FIN____

 

A/N:

That's it! Thanks for reading~

~AnotherWriter